A look at the average O supporter [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A look at the average O supporter

W420Hunter
08-16-2012, 11:36
Ok after thinking about it for a few days I am going to post this. It is a talk about a photo I posted on facebook. The photo is one I picked up on here. No wording has been changed, this is how it went. I find the hole thing very telling as far as the mid set. I have taken his name out just to make sure, no idea what if any law issues could come up from posting it.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527919_3687976838315_371746530_n.jpg
Liberal:I feel bad for you, I never realized you were so uninformed :-(

Me:how exactly am I on informed, I love how whenever you disagree with a liberal your not informed

Liberal: Do you even realize what he's done with his money lol? If you did and you fully understood it I really doubt that you would trust this man running our country. I love when poor people are right wing and don't realize its not in there best interest :-) Best of luck.

Me: ladies and gentlemen, I present to you liberal tolerance. First off who the **** are you calling poor? You do not know me or my economic condition. next let's talk about a simple truth, 72% of the economic stimulus went to Europe banks how does that make jobs in the US? How about the 535 million that went to a solar plant that Obama owned stock in? And like no one on the left has $ it over seas accounts or has jets.

Liberal: Haha great Charlie. Lets just say that I can assure you that I know your not in the top 1 percent, heck even 10 percent of the wealthiest people that I can even remotely fathom being a republican. If you choose to support someone who doesn't support your best interest, who launders money, who promotes hatred toward those who are different from himself more power to you. So lets start promoting tax breaks to the wealthy, lets forget about helping people who don't have healthcare. Lets keep making the uber rich richer, and lets keep promoting hate against people in the gay community, immigrants and anyone else who's different.

Me: Still does not make me poor. Your rhetoric is downright insulting, and to top it off you offer no rebuttal to anything I say. Try coming at me with facts to prove anything I said wrong till then your the one uninformed

Liberal: No need to, you posted something stupid on Facebook that annoyed me so i commented. Everything you listed is propaganda. I listed facts. Hopefully one day you realize that your political beliefs are not in your best interest. Best of luck Charlie.

Me: You have yet to lista fact all you have said if you knew this then you would dissagree but you never said what that was or offered proof. Are you really *****ing about over seas bank accounts? Are you so foolish as to think no one one the left has them? And you still have done nothing to rebute what I have said.

Me: Or are you really trying to say you do not need proof? Guilty till proven not is that the hope and change of obama?

Liberal: Charlie I can't go back and forth with you, it's just silly. Im not going to bother with a rebuttal because people like you can't be "fixed". It stems from generations of not knowing any better and what's best for you. This is the route of what's wrong with this country. So keep supporting the regime that keeps you down. :-) have a good one dude.

Me: so what you're telling me is your right bc usay so and you need no proof

And that is how it ended. So here is what I have to ask, how do you talk to some one like this? In his eyes any one on the right is uninformed who does not know whats best for them and needs fixed. They offer no proof of what they say and claim there is no need to. Am I the only one seeing the issue here?

Lethaltxn
08-16-2012, 11:46
You can't and that's the sad part. People like that are so entrenched in that mindset that you'll never reach them.
I had a similar debate (if you want to even call it that) with my liberal, NY, gay cousin on the whole CFA deal. It was actually the same. First thing they told me I needed to do my research. Then when I hit them with facts they just went off the deep end.
One of the people even stated and I quote, "I wish I could reach through the computer and cram some morals down your throat!" Of course his morals is what he meant.
People like that are just too disconnected from reality. They can't have a rational debate, it all boils down to emotion for them.
It's one reason we can't have honest debate in this country.

czsmithGT
08-16-2012, 11:57
Obama supporters are in three broad categories:
- racists who would support him simply because he is non-white
- progressives who hate normal hard-working self-reliant Americans and think they are stupid and must be herded like cattle and brainwashed into submission to the "intellectual elite"
- lazy people who want to be supported by "someone else dumb enough to work hard"

countrygun
08-16-2012, 12:07
- progressives who hate normal hard-working self-reliant Americans and think they are stupid and must be herded like cattle and brainwashed into submission to the "intellectual elite"
- lazy people who want to be supported by "someone else dumb enough to work hard"

Good, but I would add "the children of the Lotus Eaters of the 60's" who, although they might be working, despise the evil rich, they are the union-type cattle being directed by the progressives

All Pro Sports Hero
08-16-2012, 12:08

Exactly how I've always seen it. Never saw anyone else say it, though. :perfect10:

W420Hunter
08-16-2012, 12:19
You can't and that's the sad part. People like that are so entrenched in that mindset that you'll never reach them.
I had a similar debate (if you want to even call it that) with my liberal, NY, gay cousin on the whole CFA deal. It was actually the same. First thing they told me I needed to do my research. Then when I hit them with facts they just went off the deep end.
One of the people even stated and I quote, "I wish I could reach through the computer and cram some morals down your throat!" Of course his morals is what he meant.
People like that are just too disconnected from reality. They can't have a rational debate, it all boils down to emotion for them.
It's one reason we can't have honest debate in this country.
And that is what makes it all the more madding. His claim is what he is really doing. He uses no reason and no proof but I am always wrong. A different friend of mine used as a positive thing. How the hell is losing 535 million of tax payer money a good thing? I just do not get how any one can get that devoted to a cause they no longer use common sense.

Lethaltxn
08-16-2012, 12:25
And that is what makes it all the more madding. His claim is what he is really doing. He uses no reason and no proof but I am always wrong. A different friend of mine used as a positive thing. How the hell is losing 535 million of tax payer money a good thing? I just do not get how any one can get that devoted to a cause they no longer use common sense.

Which is why you'll hear people refer to liberalism as a mental disorder.

series1811
08-16-2012, 12:28

Pretty much every Obama supporter I know can fit into one of these categories without any shoehorning at all.

aircarver
08-16-2012, 12:52
You can't teach a pig to sing...

... and it annoys the pig .....:supergrin:

Lethaltxn
08-16-2012, 12:53
You can't teach a pig to sing...

... and it annoys the pig .....:supergrin:

Yeah, but I can carve em up and make some damn good bacon. :supergrin:

W420Hunter
08-16-2012, 13:16
Which is why you'll hear people refer to liberalism as a mental disorder.

I see it more as a occult thing. The willingness to spew what every your told and not bother with facts.

Limedust
08-16-2012, 13:18
I see it more as a occult thing. The willingness to spew what every your told and not bother with facts.

You guys crack me up. Shakespeare couldn't have created a more ironic post.

Lethaltxn
08-16-2012, 13:23

Are you sure you don't want to tell us to stick anything where the sun doesn't shine or call us MFers?

aircarver
08-16-2012, 13:27
How many threads are you going to get closed today ?

Limedust
08-16-2012, 13:28
Are you sure you don't want to tell us to stick anything where the sun doesn't shine or MFers?

Yeah, I'm good. I got it out of my system. The disloyalty remark was off base . . . as was my retort. Anyhow, I use MFers as a attribution of affection.

Lethaltxn
08-16-2012, 13:28
Yeah, I'm good. I got it out of my system. The disloyalty remark was off base . . . as was my retort. Anyhow, I use MFers as a attribution of affection.

Oh, I'm sure you do.

Bren
08-16-2012, 13:33
Interesting, but you can click on a dozen GNG threads with the same argument at any time:
D: You're wrong and stupid for thinking that.
R: Why? I gave you the evidence that I based my conclusion on.
D: Exactly...you're so dumb you wouldn't benefit from an explanation.
R: Why do you say that.
D: Because it's true
R: But can you show what facts make you think I'm wrong
D: Ha, ha! This will be hilarious to my liberal freinds...you republicans are so stupid.

Democrats are testing a theory that they can literally kill people by generating enough irony.

Limedust
08-16-2012, 13:34
Oh, I'm sure you do.

Oooh. Wasn't that a biting remark!

countrygun
08-16-2012, 13:42
Interesting, but you can click on a dozen GNG threads with the same argument at any time:
D: You're wrong and stupid for thinking that.
R: Why? I gave you the evidence that I based my conclusion on.
D: Exactly...you're so dumb you wouldn't benefit from an explanation.
R: Why do you say that.
D: Because it's true
R: But can you show what facts make you think I'm wrong
D: Ha, ha! This will be hilarious to my liberal freinds...you republicans are so stupid.

Democrats are testing a theory that they can literally kill people by generating enough irony.

"Oh, you are a perfect example of the dumb Republicans all my friends an I laugh at. Always relying on facts and logic and you think that we are going to stoop to that level Ha. Fools"

W420Hunter
08-16-2012, 14:59

So what is so ironic?:yawn:

countrygun
08-16-2012, 15:06
So what is so ironic?:yawn:

"Irony" was one of the "Enrich your word power" words in "Readers Digest" this month. He is just trying to work it in to conversations.

PocketProtector
08-16-2012, 15:26
Ok after thinking about it for a few days I am going to post this. It is a talk about a photo I posted on facebook. The photo is one I picked up on here. No wording has been changed, this is how it went. I find the hole thing very telling as far as the mid set. I have taken his name out just to make sure, no idea what if any law issues could come up from posting it.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527919_3687976838315_371746530_n.jpg
Liberal:I feel bad for you, I never realized you were so uninformed :-(

Me:how exactly am I on informed, I love how whenever you disagree with a liberal your not informed

Liberal: Do you even realize what he's done with his money lol? If you did and you fully understood it I really doubt that you would trust this man running our country. I love when poor people are right wing and don't realize its not in there best interest :-) Best of luck.

Me: ladies and gentlemen, I present to you liberal tolerance. First off who the **** are you calling poor? You do not know me or my economic condition. next let's talk about a simple truth, 72% of the economic stimulus went to Europe banks how does that make jobs in the US? How about the 535 million that went to a solar plant that Obama owned stock in? And like no one on the left has $ it over seas accounts or has jets.

Liberal: Haha great Charlie. Lets just say that I can assure you that I know your not in the top 1 percent, heck even 10 percent of the wealthiest people that I can even remotely fathom being a republican. If you choose to support someone who doesn't support your best interest, who launders money, who promotes hatred toward those who are different from himself more power to you. So lets start promoting tax breaks to the wealthy, lets forget about helping people who don't have healthcare. Lets keep making the uber rich richer, and lets keep promoting hate against people in the gay community, immigrants and anyone else who's different.

Me: Still does not make me poor. Your rhetoric is downright insulting, and to top it off you offer no rebuttal to anything I say. Try coming at me with facts to prove anything I said wrong till then your the one uninformed

Liberal: No need to, you posted something stupid on Facebook that annoyed me so i commented. Everything you listed is propaganda. I listed facts. Hopefully one day you realize that your political beliefs are not in your best interest. Best of luck Charlie.

Me: You have yet to lista fact all you have said if you knew this then you would dissagree but you never said what that was or offered proof. Are you really *****ing about over seas bank accounts? Are you so foolish as to think no one one the left has them? And you still have done nothing to rebute what I have said.

Me: Or are you really trying to say you do not need proof? Guilty till proven not is that the hope and change of obama?

Liberal: Charlie I can't go back and forth with you, it's just silly. Im not going to bother with a rebuttal because people like you can't be "fixed". It stems from generations of not knowing any better and what's best for you. This is the route of what's wrong with this country. So keep supporting the regime that keeps you down. :-) have a good one dude.

Me: so what you're telling me is your right bc usay so and you need no proof

And that is how it ended. So here is what I have to ask, how do you talk to some one like this? In his eyes any one on the right is uninformed who does not know whats best for them and needs fixed. They offer no proof of what they say and claim there is no need to. Am I the only one seeing the issue here?

I had almost the identical conversation with a BIL at a recent picnic. My wife asked me not to talk Politics. I didn't.......

...UNTIL BIL started spouting the normal oMao bumper sticker cliches.

LOL.....time for a little schooling.

Another BIL, my FIL and I calmly presented facts to him. He again blurted out all the classic Libtard cliches and ran into the house like a big friggin baby.....it was hysterical.

Of course, on the way home in the car, wifey, says, "I asked you not to do that"

Me: You know, when Liberals talk in cliches, platitudes and talking points and we all know they're trumped up bull****, and NEVER, EVER factual, I'm not letting it go. Period.