Buying a Walther PPQ - which Glock to sell? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Walther PPQ - which Glock to sell?

vtducrider
08-16-2012, 12:49
I entered an agreement to purchase a used Walther PPQ in 9mm that has all the original contents, and quite a bit of extras. I think it is a pretty decent deal, and am excited to try this well regarded pistol.

I am going sell a Glock to cover most of the cost of the new purchase. It's a difficult decision for me. I think I am going to sell a 9mm since I am getting another one. So here is what I have:

Gen 3 G17 (perfect)
Gen 4 G17 (perfect)
Gen3 G19 EXO (throws brass to my face)
Gen3 G19OD (perfect)

It should be easy right? Get rid of the one that has the ejection problem. But, I really like the EXO finish and the Trijicon night sights that came with it. It gets most of the range time. Sigh.... I think it will come down to either the Gen3 G17 or the G19OD. Tough one...

63bmechanic
08-16-2012, 12:54
id ditch one of the 17s, likely the gen 4, personally id just keep the glocks and buy the ppq on layaway if cutting cost is that big a deal.

craig19
08-16-2012, 12:58
I'd dump one of the 17s

bac1023
08-16-2012, 13:00
I never recommend selling one gun to get another, but go with one of the 17s, I guess.

s&wfan
08-16-2012, 13:02
Keep all of them. Save up for the PPQ. It may take you a little longer, but they will still be out there in a little while.

bac1023
08-16-2012, 13:30
Keep all of them. Save up for the PPQ. It may take you a little longer, but they will still be out there in a little while.

:agree:

Yesterday, I just saw some idiot trade in a like new S&W M&P for $300 credit towards a new Gen 4 Glock.

After tax and all, the Glock was near $600. This guy probably spent that on his M&P, had it for a short while and then spent another $300 to get the Glock.

I just don't understand it. :dunno:

Buying and selling is a good way to spend money and not have a damn thing to show for it. Constantly doing it is a sure sign of immaturity, in my opinion.

There are quite a few people who constantly do it and they're probably the same clowns who are constantly complaining they're broke all the time. Come to think of it, gunshops must love people like that.

Sporaticus
08-16-2012, 18:48
I never recommend selling one gun to get another, but go with one of the 17s, I guess.

I never sell any, but he has FOUR Glocks. It's not like he is selling a unique pistol.

vtducrider
08-16-2012, 19:19
I never sell any, but he has FOUR Glocks. It's not like he is selling a unique pistol.

I have been drinking the Glock cool-aid for a long time now. Thinking about switching brand.

checkyoursix
08-16-2012, 19:21
The PPQ is exactly the same size of a 19, why not selling the one that throws brass in your face?

Dawolf
08-16-2012, 19:22
Easy Gen 3 17.

TheExplorer
08-16-2012, 19:29
The PPQ is exactly the same size of a 19, why not selling the one that throws brass in your face?

Exactly. I thought I was missing something here.

bac1023
08-16-2012, 19:41

Well true.

I was just referring to the money loss he'll take.

barth
08-16-2012, 19:56
I love my gen 3 G27 EXO.
But she's only pegged me on the forehead twice in 5000+ rounds.
She's allowed to have a rare off day.
Maybe it was something she ate? (out of spec ammo?)

Anyway, if a gun was regularly BTF,
that misbehaving little )(*)(*) would get kicked to the curb.

But that's just me.
Generally I will not sell a good gun just to buy another.

CBennett
08-16-2012, 20:02
one of the 17's(personally i hate the glocks in OD so id ditch thAt lol) i like and reccomend trading guns. Ive done it a lot and ive never missed a gun ive sold or traded. So go with the 17 of your choice.

vtducrider
08-16-2012, 22:54
I love my gen 3 G27 EXO.
But she's only pegged me on the forehead twice in 5000+ rounds.
She's allowed to have a rare off day.
Maybe it was something she ate? (out of spec ammo?)

Anyway, if a gun was regularly BTF,
that misbehaving little )(*)(*) would get kicked to the curb.

But that's just me.
Generally I will not sell a good gun just to buy another.

Yep, my EXO has been faithful. That's why I tolerate a few dozen or so BTF in about 4K rounds. I think I will let go the OD first... I am going to wait until I get my hands on the PPQ and give it a whirl before finalizing the decision. Although I am thinking the OD G19 is likely the candidate. It was an impulse buy, and I hardly ever take it out of the safe.

raven11
08-16-2012, 23:04
I'd sell the one that throws brass in your face

Tiro Fijo
08-16-2012, 23:39
Simple: make your wife get a 2nd job. :supergrin:

Boats
08-17-2012, 00:17
Sell them all.

bac1023
08-17-2012, 01:52
Sell them all.

:rofl:

Restless28
08-17-2012, 04:57
The Walther PPQ and the PPS are more superior guns with better ergonomics and features than the Glocks. I love the slimness of my PPS, the slide release, loaded chamber indicator, sights, etc, etc.

I'm a Walther fanboy for sure now.

bac1023
08-17-2012, 05:14
The Walther PPQ and the PPS are more superior guns with better ergonomics and features than the Glocks. I love the slimness of my PPS, the slide release, loaded chamber indicator, sights, etc, etc.

I'm a Walther fanboy for sure now.

Yeah, Walther has built some great guns over the years.

byf43
08-17-2012, 07:01
I entered an agreement to purchase a used Walther PPQ in 9mm that has all the original contents, and quite a bit of extras. I think it is a pretty decent deal, and am excited to try this well regarded pistol.

I am going sell a Glock to cover most of the cost of the new purchase. It's a difficult decision for me. I think I am going to sell a 9mm since I am getting another one. So here is what I have:

Gen 3 G17 (perfect)
Gen 4 G17 (perfect)
Gen3 G19 EXO (throws brass to my face)
Gen3 G19OD (perfect)

It should be easy right? Get rid of the one that has the ejection problem. But, I really like the EXO finish and the Trijicon night sights that came with it. It gets most of the range time. Sigh.... I think it will come down to either the Gen3 G17 or the G19OD. Tough one...

Swap the extractor(s) between the Gen4 G17 and the G19 EXO and see if the extraction/ejection problems go away.
Get rid of the Gen4 G17.

I'm also not a fan of the OD Glocks, but, I do like the G19.

vtducrider
08-17-2012, 11:54
Swap the extractor(s) between the Gen4 G17 and the G19 EXO and see if the extraction/ejection problems go away.
Get rid of the Gen4 G17.

I'm also not a fan of the OD Glocks, but, I do like the G19.

I experimented with swapping parts between the OD and EXO G19's, and no matter what I swapped, I ended up with 2 guns with erratic ejection. None to the face though.

I will give the gen4 extractor a try, it's easy enough.

ca survivor
08-17-2012, 16:13
this ^^^^^

Bruce M
08-17-2012, 16:30
Out of curiosity have you tried the EXO slide on the OD frame? If by chance that combination did not throw brass to your face, then you could keep the OD and the EXO and the Trijicon sights and effectively get rid of the problem Glock. Of course you probably won't get as much for it, not having matching numbers, but probably not a huge hit. If not then I think the G19 that does not work ought to be first to go.

goldenlight
08-18-2012, 02:26
id ditch one of the 17s, likely the gen 4, personally id just keep the glocks and buy the ppq on layaway if cutting cost is that big a deal.

First post for the win.

I've never understood WHY people buy different generations of the same Glock model. But given a choice between ANY Gen 4 model, and ANY Gen 3 model, I'd pick the Gen 3.

45caldan
08-18-2012, 07:41
It doesn't matter in the end what you sell or how you get the funds together.....just get a PPQ! You will NOT be dissapointed!

Unless of course you can't get past "the high bore axis". :upeyes:
(dumbest thing I've read on here about the PPQ)

bac1023
08-18-2012, 07:49
Unless of course you can't get past "the high bore axis". :upeyes:
(dumbest thing I've read on here about the PPQ)

That's just a way Glock fanboys pronounce their gun of choice superior to everything else.

45caldan
08-18-2012, 07:55
That's just a way Glock fanboys pronounce their gun of choice superior to everything else.

Yup
And most don't shoot well enough where this could really make a difference.
I always say; how can Jerry Miculek possibly shoot as fast as he does with that EXTREMELY high bore axis of a DA revolver?
I guess if he had a Glock he could dump 15 rds in a target as fast as he can with 8 out of his Smith. :rofl: