Shots fired in local movie theater [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shots fired in local movie theater

Gundude
08-16-2012, 16:27
... Nobody panics... Man apologizes and walks out... Movie continues uninterrupted.

“Witnesses inside the theater at the time the shot was fired stated that a (man) was adjusting himself in his seat when a gun he had on him discharged,” Sparks police Sgt. Pay Dyer said in statement issued late Tuesday.

The man immediately got up, apologized to those around him and left the theater before police arrived, police said.

He later was found at a Reno hospital where he was being treated for a wound not considered life-threatening.

“There was no panic in the theater as only five people heard the shot out of the approximate 30 people in attendance,” police said in an email about 11 p.m. Tuesday.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120814/NEWS/120814029/Sparks-moviegoer-shoots-himself-buttocks-apologizes-leaves-theater?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1
Did I mention I love Nevada?

I can't help but wonder how this negligent discharge would have gone down in a California theater, even with "only five" people hearing it, only a few weeks after the Colorado incident. I imagine the headline would read:

"Panic-driven stampede at movie theater tramples six to death. Lax gun laws are to blame"