PDA

View Full Version : The GOP's Death Wish

Ruble Noon
08-17-2012, 08:37
http://judymorrisreport.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-gops-death-wish.html

barbedwiresmile
08-17-2012, 09:35
Good article.

Too bad it will have little to no impact.

jeanderson
08-17-2012, 10:22
Eventually, a redefined Republican party or entirely new conservative party is sorely needed in this country. Even, perhaps, a viable 3rd party of true conservatives. I emphasize eventually because now - this year - is not the time to be focused on that.

Folks, it's time to put aside your dislikes of the Republican party and get behind their nominee. There's a lot I don't like about Republicans and frankly, a lot I don't like about Romney. But wakeup to what it means if Obama wins in November. The promised fundamental change will be complete and this will be the last time your voice is heard.

Gundude
08-17-2012, 10:33
Eventually, a redefined Republican party or entirely new conservative party is sorely needed in this country. Even, perhaps, a viable 3rd party of true conservatives. I emphasize eventually because now - this year - is not the time to be focused on that.Now is exactly the time to be focused on it. If small-government folks ever want their voices heard, it has to be now, because this is when it matters. Succumbing to fear never won anybody anything.

Folks, it's time to put aside your dislikes of the Republican party and get behind their nominee. There's a lot I don't like about Republicans and frankly, a lot I don't like about Romney. But wakeup to what it means if Obama wins in November. The promised fundamental change will be complete and this will be the last time your voice is heard.Nobody with an ounce of spine buys that. And without that fear instilled in independents, Republicans have nothing. Obama will win and life will go on. The more spectacular the Romney loss and the more obvious it comes because of small-government folks, the better off we'll be, because somebody will realize they need to listen to us.

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 10:36
A third party is possible, all they have to do is find a good candidate and a good message that a lot of people (most would be better) think is better than the alternatives.

It's up to the third party to rise.

Glock30Eric
08-17-2012, 10:46
We aren't ready to move out of the D and R's party unless we learn to abandon Israel to their own hole.

I have developed a theory, it is impossible to win with a candidate that want to end all the aids to Israel.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gundude
08-17-2012, 10:46
A third party is possible, all they have to do is find a good candidate and a good message that a lot of people (most would be better) think is better than the alternatives.

It's up to the third party to rise.Agreed. But the established majors are a serious hinderance to a third party rise, as any real threat to dilute their own power will be met with vociferous and well-funded attacks, which the minor parties are ill-equipped to defend. Having one of the majors collapse through its own arrogance, incompetence, and dishonesty will go a long way towards helping a third party rise, so nudging them along that path would be a smart move for anybody interested in an end to two-party rule.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 10:48
We aren't ready to move out of the D and R's party unless we learn to abandon Israel to their own hole.

I have developed a theory, it is impossible to win with a candidate that want to end all the aids to Israel.

"dirka, dirka,":upeyes:

maxsnafu
08-17-2012, 10:51
The more spectacular the Romney loss and the more obvious it comes because of small-government folks, the better off we'll be, because somebody will realize they need to listen to us.

I think you give the GOP way too much credit.

CAcop
08-17-2012, 10:52
Essentially American politics will be a two party system as long as the fight is over the middle 8%. Those are the swing voters.

walt cowan
08-17-2012, 11:08
too many bridges have been burnt. the rnc better have a good boat or learn to swim real fast.

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 11:08

You do realize that is a tiny issue to most people don't you? Probably doesn't even reach the top 10 for most.

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 11:11
Agreed. But the established majors are a serious hinderance to a third party rise, as any real threat to dilute their own power will be met with vociferous and well-funded attacks, which the minor parties are ill-equipped to defend. Having one of the majors collapse through its own arrogance, incompetence, and dishonesty will go a long way towards helping a third party rise, so nudging them along that path would be a smart move for anybody interested in an end to two-party rule.

All a third party has to do is convince a majority that they are better. Should be easy, but I haven't seen any of them trying real hard. They tend to headline with fringe issues.

chickenwing
08-17-2012, 11:48
All a third party has to do is convince a majority that they are better. Should be easy, but I haven't seen any of them trying real hard. They tend to headline with fringe issues.

What do you consider a fringe issue?

G29Reload
08-17-2012, 11:50

Probably because it would be the height of ignorance to turn our back on the only thing between us and the musloid scum, and the only democracy in the middle east.

As a Christian, there's also no better caretaker than the Jews, cause the Mooslimes would probably destroy everything not theirs if they were in charge.

funny how only vicious Paulistas anti-semites ever say stuff like this. What happens in Israel will not make or break Rs or Ds and our support for them is a very small part of what our country is about.

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 12:00
What do you consider a fringe issue?

Just about anything that doesn't reach the top 5 issues for the majority of Americans.

chickenwing
08-17-2012, 12:01
Just about anything that doesn't reach the top 5 issues for the majority of Americans.

Thanks for being specific. :whistling:

The Machinist
08-17-2012, 12:16
I emphasize eventually because now - this year - is not the time to be focused on that.
Sounds like the same old platitude that's trotted out every four years. :upeyes:

chickenwing
08-17-2012, 12:18
Sounds like the same old platitude that's trotted out every four years. :upeyes:

Yeah, but it will be different this time. :rofl:

Gundude
08-17-2012, 12:46
All a third party has to do is convince a majority that they are better. Should be easy, but I haven't seen any of them trying real hard.It's not really that easy. The entrenched major parties aren't going to sit by and let that message be heard. It would be like Blekko saying that they have a better search engine than Google. It may be true, but nobody's gonna hear about it. It would be a lot easier if Google made some very serious mistakes that pissed off a lot of people, making them actively look for alternatives. That is why people who want a third party also happen to wish for the demise of the Republican party. The demise of the Democratic party would be good, too, but the Republican party offers by far the best odds of self-destructing at this point in time.

certifiedfunds
08-17-2012, 14:12
Republicans are funny folks.

They want:

Balanced budget
Freedom
Halt to Illegal Immigration

While at the same time they want:

Expansionist foreign policy
Social Security
Medicare
Social safety net
War on Drugs
Federal regulation of the environment
FDA
Cheap food
Cheap energy
Cheap housing

And election after election they wonder why things never change.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 14:30
Republicans are funny folks.

They want:

Balanced budget
Freedom
Halt to Illegal Immigration

While at the same time they want:

Expansionist foreign policy

That is a rather vague term and i see no sign of "expansionism" in Republican policy

Social Security
Medicare

Those were created by Democrats and are a promised paid for that they want kept

Social safety net

No, that's a liberal concept

War on Drugs

I you mean not just "throw our hands in the air and legalize" then I'll give that one to you.

Federal regulation of the environment

Not particulary at the "over regulation" level liberals brought us.

FDA
See the one above.

Cheap food
Cheap energy
Cheap housing

A free market makes those things more likely than Government regulation. The liberals tried the housing thing and we got "the bursting bubble", so far liberal Obama has really done wonders with gas prices:upeyes:.

And election after election they wonder why things never change.

I have to rate your post as a "FAIL"

Ruble Noon
08-17-2012, 15:05

:rofl:

You can't be for real. I hope not at least. If you are for real, please don't reproduce.

certifiedfunds
08-17-2012, 15:19

After reading your inept reply, I have to say you most certainly typify the Republican voter I was describing.:wavey:

Riddle me this Batman: If current federal revenues are $2.2T and Medicare, Social Security and DOD consume about $2.0T of it, which do you want to cut to ensure fiscal discipline?

Too tough?

Ok, since you're a good conservative how about this one:

Which part of the U.S. Constitution authorizes the federal government to regulate narcotics?

Too much reading?

Ok, how about this:

If the alcohol prohibition required a Constitutional amendment, from where does the federal government derive its authority to prohibit marijuana?

Let me know if you'd like to go for bonus points in the lightning round.