Presented With Letters, Ryan Admits Requesting Stimulus Cash [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Presented With Letters, Ryan Admits Requesting Stimulus Cash

backbore
08-17-2012, 12:05
http://news.yahoo.com/presented-letters-ryan-admits-requesting-stimulus-cash-234025910--abc-news-politics.html

After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.

As recently as Wednesday in Ohio, Mitt Romney's running mate told ABC's Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, he did not.

"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recall… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."

Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ's NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he "accepted any money" into his district. Ryan said he did not.

"I'm not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money," the congressman answered.

But as we've now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.
AND HE GOT THEM.

chickenwing
08-17-2012, 12:07
Why do you hate Republicans you liberal attack dog!

/s

Jonesee
08-17-2012, 16:16
If it is true, it is true.
That doesn't make anyone a hater or an attack dog.

Your post was a personal attack, not his.

just a thought...

hogship
08-17-2012, 16:35
I see nothing wrong with trying to do some good with the stimulus money......even, if he was against passing it in the first place. I don't know what Ryan wanted to do with the money, but I'd be willing to bet the farm that it wasn't for something that turned out to be a complete waste of money.......

If it were me, I'd grab as much of that money as I could.......then, try to make real, and long term jobs happen.

ooc

chickenwing
08-17-2012, 16:37
If it is true, it is true.
That doesn't make anyone a hater or an attack dog.

Your post was a personal attack, not his.

just a thought...

Was meant in sarcasm. If you were addressing me.

RenegadeGlocker
08-17-2012, 16:48
So What?

Nothing wrong with being against a program but taking advantage of it if it exists. It is his responsibility to his constituents to get all he can for them.

Gundude
08-17-2012, 16:49
http://news.yahoo.com/presented-letters-ryan-admits-requesting-stimulus-cash-234025910--abc-news-politics.html

After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.

As recently as Wednesday in Ohio, Mitt Romney's running mate told ABC's Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, he did not.

"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recall… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."

Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ's NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he "accepted any money" into his district. Ryan said he did not.

"I'm not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money," the congressman answered.

But as we've now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.
AND HE GOT THEM.It's only hypocriticial and dishonest if Ron Paul does it. If Paul Ryan does it, it's OK.

Come to think of it: Ron Paul, Paul Ryan... Hmmmm... Has anybody ever seen them in the same room together?... :tinfoil:

countrygun
08-17-2012, 16:55
So What?

Nothing wrong with being against a program but taking advantage of it if it exists. It is his responsibility to his constituents to get all he can for them.

Game

Set

Match

Winner: RenegadeGlocker

Gundude
08-17-2012, 16:59
So What?

Nothing wrong with being against a program but taking advantage of it if it exists. It is his responsibility to his constituents to get all he can for them.I would like to see the earmark police weigh in on this opinion.

Phaze5ive
08-17-2012, 18:53
So What?

How is this stance different from the stance of the millions who are on welfare?

G19G20
08-17-2012, 19:04

He criticized it so much that he voted for it. And TARP. And auto bailouts. Ryan is only trying to play off people's ignorance of his record. Yes, he voted for both of Obama's stimulus plans.

Easy to say that now. His office got tons of calls telling him it wouldn't work and to vote against it. He voted for it anyway.

AND HE GOT THEM.

Perfect running mate for Romney. The GOP is so screwed.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 19:05
How is this stance different from the stance of the millions who are on welfare?

Nobody elected them to the "Welfare Office", and, BTW isn't it rather "bigoted" of you to lump all of the people on welfare into one category? Even conservatives don't do that.

But, to your question, it is a matter of "responsibility". the welfare "cheat" is being irresponsible as an individual.

The elected official is being responsible to his (or her) constituency by getting them as much of their tax money, as a community, back to them as possible.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 19:06

Not as screwed as the paulbots.

G19G20
08-17-2012, 19:16
Not as screwed as the paulbots.

We're in the same party genius.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 19:22

Whatever you say, Slick

:rofl:

The Machinist
08-17-2012, 19:44
I would like to see the earmark police weigh in on this opinion.
They're going to ignore this thread.

hogfish
08-17-2012, 20:04

"...party genius." I think you have something there. :rofl:

coastal4974
08-17-2012, 20:37
Anyone but the little Nazi Obama and his idiot Joe.

G19G20
08-18-2012, 02:35
"...party genius." I think you have something there. :rofl:

Im sure Karl Rove is beating down his door.

I would have used a comma but I have to dumb down my posts for countrygun.

Cavalry Doc
08-18-2012, 09:14
He criticized it so much that he voted for it. And TARP. And auto bailouts. Ryan is only trying to play off people's ignorance of his record. Yes, he voted for both of Obama's stimulus plans.

Easy to say that now. His office got tons of calls telling him it wouldn't work and to vote against it. He voted for it anyway.

Got a little case of selective outrage there I see. He's no worse than dr Paul being against getting earmarks for spending that was not constitutionally mandated, then voting against it knowing it would pass with a wink and a nod to his supporting special interests. I've often said that doesn't make dr Paul a bad guy, just no better than the rest.

Look at the bright side, they've bent over backwards for the liberty movement, and put a Paul on the ticket, show some gratitude.

Cavalry Doc
08-18-2012, 09:22

Be serious for a moment, what are the odds you are going to vote republican in the general election???

Virtually zero from what I've seen from your posts and sig line.

G19G20
08-18-2012, 15:48
Got a little case of selective outrage there I see. He's no worse than dr Paul being against getting earmarks for spending that was not constitutionally mandated, then voting against it knowing it would pass with a wink and a nod to his supporting special interests. I've often said that doesn't make dr Paul a bad guy, just no better than the rest.

Look at the bright side, they've bent over backwards for the liberty movement, and put a Paul on the ticket, show some gratitude.

Ron Paul doesn't vote for the spending. Ryan votes for it AND requests the funds. It may be a trivial difference to some but saying it makes Ron no better than Ryan is a big stretch. Plus, Ron doesn't campaign around on how bad the bill is, then votes for it, then campaigns so more about how bad it is, then gets caught lying about it.

Be serious for a moment, what are the odds you are going to vote republican in the general election???

Virtually zero from what I've seen from your posts and sig line.

Odds are not good, though it isn't zero. Yet. The convention will be the final deciding factor for me personally. There will be plenty of non-Paulbot Republicans that won't vote for Romney either so I'm certainly not alone. The guy is a terrible candidate for so many reasons. Would you bash a Santorum supporter that refused to vote for Romney for religious reasons as hard as you bash Paul supporters?

countrygun
08-18-2012, 16:32
This is such a pile of stupid I can't let it pass

Odds are not good, though it isn't zero. Yet. The convention will be the final deciding factor for me personally.

So then you will vote for Romney when he is the chosen?

There will be plenty of non-Paulbot Republicans that won't vote for Romney either so I'm certainly not alone.

In your imagination, or can you point to some. Oh wait, aren't you voting for Romney if Paul isn't nominated, after all the convention will be the deciding factor for you

The guy is a terrible candidate for so many reasons.

He got more votes than Paul, that is a pretty good measure of a candidate after all isn't that what a candidate is supposed to do?

Would you bash a Santorum supporter that refused to vote for Romney for religious reasons as hard as you bash Paul supporters?

So Paulbotism is a religion now is it? And yes someone who refuses to vote for Romney at this point is helping Obama. Problem is, you have set up a hypothetical that doesn't seem to exist in noticable numbers. I don't see a bunch of clowns still holding out for Santorum and threatening to disrupt the convention. They seem to be more mature than that.

You are just making a sad spectacle of yourself, but thanks for the little bit of entertainment.

frizz
08-18-2012, 20:21
I see nothing wrong with trying to do some good with the stimulus money......

But there is something wrong lying. That's why I despise ALL politicians. The lie as much as (and as badly as Octomom).

frizz
08-18-2012, 20:26
Anyone but the little Nazi Obama and his idiot Joe.
Lesser of two evils is fine. What grinds my gears is people who try to say the lesser of the two evils is wonderful...

hogship
08-18-2012, 20:36
But there is something wrong lying. That's why I despise ALL politicians. The lie as much as (and as badly as Octomom).

If the MSM had a singular purpose of destroying me, I would think seriously about lying to them.

If I thought their purpose was to report the facts, and not pick and choose what information is used, and for what reason........then I'd say you had a good point.

I've had a difficult time with just how to raise my boys, in respect to telling the truth. I came to the conclusion that there is definitely a time to lie, but except for extreme cases, telling the truth is always the best course to take. The example I gave them, was if a criminal had broken into our house, and wanted the combination to our gun safe, they should just tell them they didn't know it......use your imagination, because there are plenty of circumstances where the truth is more damning that telling a lie for honorable reasons......

You can disagree with that, but from my point of view, the circumstances of our times has made that philosophy necessary........

ooc

frizz
08-18-2012, 20:44
If the MSM had a singular purpose of destroying me, I would think seriously about lying to them.

If I thought their purpose was to report the facts, and not pick and choose what information is used, and for what reason........then I'd say you had a good point.

I've had a difficult time with just how to raise my boys, in respect to telling the truth. I came to the conclusion that there is definitely a time to lie, but except for extreme cases, telling the truth is always the best course to take. The example I gave them, was if a criminal had broken into our house, and wanted the combination to our gun safe, they should just tell them they didn't know it......use your imagination, because there are plenty of circumstances where the truth is more damning that telling a lie for honorable reasons......

You can disagree with that, but from my point of view, the circumstances of our times has made that philosophy necessary........

ooc
This isn't a debate about the times when telling a lie is a moral imperative.

Making a claim that you didn't accept stimulus money when you did is not one of those times.

hogship
08-18-2012, 20:47
This isn't a debate about the times when telling a lie is a moral imperative.

Making a claim that you didn't accept stimulus money when you did is not one of those times.

Sure it is.........the MSM makes it so.

ooc

Kingarthurhk
08-19-2012, 05:01
So, we're back to the same old trap. As long as it has an "R" by the name, whatever is done is completely acceptable because it is our team. The folks that like the "D" side think the exact same way.

So, back to my original theory about "R"'s and "D"'s. They are essentially of the same mindset, the only argument they have is how they will dictate to the rest of us how we should live.

The "D"'s were classically know for "Do as I say, not as I do."

Apparently, this mentality has been well adopted by the "R"'s now.

And we keep routing for own demise in loyalty to an "R" or a "D".

FFR Spyder GT
08-19-2012, 07:40
So What?

It's called being a "Phony hypocrite".

Oh, don't forget to add "liar" to the list too.

Ruble Noon
08-19-2012, 07:42
So, we're back to the same old trap. As long as it has an "R" by the name, whatever is done is completely acceptable because it is our team. The folks that like the "D" side think the exact same way.

So, back to my original theory about "R"'s and "D"'s. They are essentially of the same mindset, the only argument they have is how they will dictate to the rest of us how we should live.

The "D"'s were classically know for "Do as I say, not as I do."

Apparently, this mentality has been well adopted by the "R"'s now.

And we keep routing for own demise in loyalty to an "R" or a "D".

Yep, that's the way it is. They will ignore all sorts of atrocities as long as their own side is perpetrating them. As if ignoring these transgressions wasn't bad enough, these people will go out of their way to defend these people when they are clearly in the wrong.

Look at how they call Obama the food stamp president while ignoring that more people got on food stamps under Bush than have under Obama.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 07:47
Ron Paul doesn't vote for the spending. Ryan votes for it AND requests the funds. It may be a trivial difference to some but saying it makes Ron no better than Ryan is a big stretch. Plus, Ron doesn't campaign around on how bad the bill is, then votes for it, then campaigns so more about how bad it is, then gets caught lying about it.

And you are completely blind as to how duplicitous that is??
Paul had to submit them, and knew full well they would pass with him voting no.

You're blinders are amazing.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/WearingBlinders.jpg

Odds are not good, though it isn't zero. Yet. The convention will be the final deciding factor for me personally. There will be plenty of non-Paulbot Republicans that won't vote for Romney either so I'm certainly not alone. The guy is a terrible candidate for so many reasons. Would you bash a Santorum supporter that refused to vote for Romney for religious reasons as hard as you bash Paul supporters?

So what you seem to be slyly (not so much) inferring is that if Dr. Paul can steal the nomination, allegedly with your help, that you would vote republican, otherwise no.

No need to beat around the bush. You're a party crasher, you've clearly stated that the goal is to take over, no reshape the party. It will be hilarious to watch you try.

:popcorn: Never give up, you can always endure more. :popcorn:

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 07:51
It's called being a "Phony hypocrite".

Oh, don't forget to add "liar" to the list too.

Unpatriotic Debt - YouTube

Seems he's not the only one with blinders on.

"From 'Hope' to Hypocrisy: Executive Privilege and Transparency" - YouTube

G19G20
08-19-2012, 14:59
And you are completely blind as to how duplicitous that is??
Paul had to submit them, and knew full well they would pass with him voting no.

I don't have a problem with earmarks. I do have a problem with liars though.

So what you seem to be slyly (not so much) inferring is that if Dr. Paul can steal the nomination, allegedly with your help, that you would vote republican, otherwise no.

Actually no that's not what I meant. How the convention goes overall is my last deciding factor. Will Ron get his 5 state 15 minute unedited nomination speech without the party trying to shut him down? Will Paul delegates be treated with respect? How the party carries itself at the convention will have a lot of impact on me.

No need to beat around the bush. You're a party crasher, you've clearly stated that the goal is to take over, no reshape the party. It will be hilarious to watch you try.

:popcorn: Never give up, you can always endure more. :popcorn:

Patriots have no choice. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 15:16
Patriots have no choice. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

That kind of self-aggrandizing showed up in another thread around here

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438397

G19G20
08-19-2012, 15:24
That kind of self-aggrandizing showed up in another thread around here

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438397

I know you secretly love Hitler's SS since they killed people who had different political opinions. No doubt you welcome stuff like what's in that link.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 15:31
I know you secretly love Hitler's SS since they killed people who had different political opinions. No doubt you welcome stuff like what's in that link.

:rofl::rofl:

Oh Cheezits Crisp. you don't even understand that thread.

Keep 'em coming Skippy. this is fun.