Carry Permit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry Permit

ken grant
08-17-2012, 17:20
Renewed my carry permit today. Cost was $72.25 for 5 yrs.
The only granted right that we have to buy and get permission to use.:steamed:

The Machinist
08-17-2012, 17:37
We only have privileges in this country, granted to us by government overlords. The concept of inalienable human rights is long dead.

Barcroft
08-18-2012, 20:09
We only have privileges in this country, granted to us by government overlords. The concept of inalienable human rights is long dead.

You're right, of course; consider here, where I moved a few months ago: While licensed in several states for years, I had to wait 90 days before I could even apply for the king's permission to defend myself and my family.
During that time, I was told, by my state representative that " you can open carry".
I said, "Thanks".

BigCity
08-18-2012, 20:45
At least you can get one. We can't (yet).

cowboy1964
08-18-2012, 21:29
Open carrying costs nothing. Not that that's legal everywhere either of course.

JRoCc
08-19-2012, 08:31
at least you can get one. We can't (yet).

this....

cowboywannabe
08-19-2012, 09:11
state laws are enacted by politicians people from that state elect.

the fix is simple enough, the effort however isnt.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 09:39

Most freedoms are regulated, and not absolute. Most of them can be abused to the point that you are getting in the way of other peoples rights.

Anarchy is complete freedom, and it is not the way to go. It doesn't last long.

The Machinist
08-19-2012, 10:21
Most freedoms are regulated, and not absolute.
Most "freedoms" are heavily regulated to the point of absurdity, such that they become privileges granted by the state, and no longer freedoms. All by design.

Ruble Noon
08-19-2012, 10:24
Most "freedoms" are heavily regulated to the point of absurdity, such that they become privileges granted by the state, and no longer freedoms. All by design.

Historically, one of the main differences between a slave and a free man has always been that a free man has the right to own weapons and defend himself. The average person the world over absolutely including the US has devolved into little better than a slave. He thinks he's free because he has a relatively high standard of living, but he's not much more than a lapdog who does as he's told. And he better not even growl, much less try to defend himself, or his masters will lock him in a cage.

http://lewrockwell.com/casey/casey130.html

TBO
08-19-2012, 10:27
You don't need a permit to own a gun.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2.

Ruble Noon
08-19-2012, 10:53
You don't need a permit to own a gun.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2.

You have to get government permission to buy one from a dealer.

TBO
08-19-2012, 11:40
Buy one from a private party then.

Sent from the toe my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

Sam Spade
08-19-2012, 12:02
The only granted right that we have to buy and get permission to use.:steamed:

Haven't tried to gather a few hundred people for a walk down the center of Main Street lately, have you?

aircarver
08-19-2012, 12:05
You folks who never jumped through the hoops of the Long Island Counties of NYS don't know what you missed .... :whistling:

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 13:41

It all really depends on what you want to do. I make a good living, get to travel and have a relatively good time with friends, family and neighbors. I own several guns, even a big black scary one, and I can reload my own ammo. I don't have a burning desire to spread mayonnaise all over my body and run through a grocery store with a basket of squirrels, but I think if I don't make a mess, and all my special parts are covered, I could do that too.

Yeah, I think people should be able to buy raw milk without the feds getting involved, I'd change a lot of things, but for the most part, they are minor tweaks. We live in one of the most free countries in history, and all in all, the best place to be at the moment. Sure, we should make it better, but there is no reason to pretend that we live in an oppressive regime. I got to travel to East Berlin, when it still was East Berlin, quite a few times. Trust me, we could be a lot worse off than we are now.