Anyone regret buying a G27? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone regret buying a G27?

Pages : [1] 2

Globetruck
08-17-2012, 18:13
I love my G23 gen 4 and my gen 3 G22 has been very reliable. I'd like to get a 27, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews due to the snappy recoil.

There's nowhere near me that rents the 27. And I don't know anyone who owns one.

Has anyone here bought the 27 and later regretted it and switched to the 26? I like .40 but want a gun that I can shoot 200-300 rounds through.

Thanks.

barth
08-17-2012, 18:19
I love my G23 gen 4 and my gen 3 G22 has been very reliable. I'd like to get a 27, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews due to the snappy recoil.

There's nowhere near me that rents the 27. And I don't know anyone who owns one.

Has anyone here bought the 27 and later regretted it and switched to the 26? I like .40 but want a gun that I can shoot 200-300 rounds through.

Thanks.

I have a gen 3 G27 that I use G23/32/19 mags and an XGrip with all the time. Don't have any trouble shooting it in 40/357/9mm at all with flush or extended mags. I've got standard and extended barrels in all three calibers too.

You worry too much.
Get the G27 and if it's too much get a 40-9mm conversion barrel and some G26 mags.

clancy
08-17-2012, 18:23
I bought a G27 on a whim, and am sorry I did so. While it is reliable as any pistol I have ever owned, that is the only good thing I can say about it. Recoil is so bad that every one of 9 prospective buyers who have shot it have handed back with a firm, "no thanks". It wears a sore spot on the palm of my hand if I fire more than a couple of magazines through it. The recoil also, in rapid fire, literally twists the pistol up to the right and out of my hand, which can be very disconcerting to say the least. The trigger guard also has a tendency to cut my trigger finger when I fire it. Did I mention recoil? I find my S&W Model 66, with a 2 1/2 inch barrel, with 125grain .357's easier to handle.

Does that answer your question?

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-17-2012, 18:27
No regrets. Like Barth said, you can always convert your 27 DOWN to 9mm if you think it's too snappy. I chuckle at the "snappy" comments here on GT. Sure, you're going to notice a baby Glock popping off .40 rounds, but it's VERY controllable and is usually credited with being MORE accurate than the 23 and 22. That's true in my case.

It's a very easily carried little powerhouse that still feels like a decent fighting handgun. I won't bad mouth the 9mm, but I'd rather have a .40 if a 26 and 27 were what I had to choose from. You won't be disappointed.

tonyparson
08-17-2012, 18:27
I have one and I love it. My 14 year old son shoots it all the time and he's very accurate with it. I don't think its anymore snappy then a G23...

Globetruck
08-17-2012, 18:28
Good info so far. It's funny - I see hundreds of glowing reviews, and also a few well thought negative ones. I appreciate all of the first hand stories I can get (like these last 2 posts).

I just need to find a range that rents a G27. There's only 1 range in Alabama and it only rents the G26.

SouthpawG26
OP, if you already shoot a G22 and a G23 reasonably well, there's no reason to suspect you'll find the G27 an out of control recoil monster.

floorburn_21
I love mine. The recoil is there but I don't find it to be anywhere as bad as some claim. I do run a +1 extension on my mags though.

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-17-2012, 18:33
I bought a G27 on a whim, and am sorry I did so. While it is reliable as any pistol I have ever owned, that is the only good thing I can say about it. Recoil is so bad that every one of 9 prospective buyers who have shot it have handed back with a firm, "no thanks". It wears a sore spot on the palm of my hand if I fire more than a couple of magazines through it. The recoil also, in rapid fire, literally twists the pistol up to the right and out of my hand, which can be very disconcerting to say the least. The trigger guard also has a tendency to cut my trigger finger when I fire it. Did I mention recoil? I find my S&W Model 66, with a 2 1/2 inch barrel, with 125grain .357's easier to handle.

Jesus Clancy. Are you made of wax? Stipple that frame if its too slippery for you. No gun should be jumping out of your hand! I've ran as many as 300 rounds through mine in one sitting and NEVER had issues with the recoil. Of course recoil is perceived differently by different folks. Funny thing is,I've had other officers offer to BUY mine off me at the range. In fact about 90% of the officers in my dept. carry the 27 as a backup weapon and about 95% carry it off duty.

I'm a huge fan of the 27. It was my first Glock and it might very well be my "if I could only have one" Glock.

clancy
08-17-2012, 18:46
Jesus Clancy. Are you made of wax? Stipple that frame if its too slippery for you. No gun should be jumping out of your hand! I've ran as many as 300 rounds through mine in one sitting and NEVER had issues with the recoil. Of course recoil is perceived differently by different folks. Funny thing is,I've had other officers offer to BUY mine off me at the range. In fact about 90% of the officers in my dept. carry the 27 as a backup weapon and about 95% carry it off duty.

I'm a huge fan of the 27. It was my first Glock and it might very well be my "if I could only have one" Glock.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Hogue's slip on grip works, too. I am just so turned off to the pistol that I don't even bother shooting it anymore. Strangely , most of the propective buyers who shot my pistol are cops, too.

Pierre!
08-17-2012, 18:50

That's amazing - a lighter revolver easier to control? with 125gr .357?

Something is wrong with this picture.

Loaded the G27 is heavier, and the 2 rounds are very comparable in recoil.

Of course, one of the two is waaaaay more comfortable to carry...

Personally, I held the same view as you did Clancy - Then I shot a G27 - What a sweet shooting pistol.

Yes, with 180gr Lawman ammo it has some recoil, but it isn't nearly as bad as you report.

If you can handle the G23, you will have no problem with the G27. It's a great carry pistol, accurate, and very manageable.

Shucks, if you are in a self defense situation, you won't even notice the recoil... (LOL)

I say Go For It Globetruck! You *WILL* be glad you did... it will go everywhere with you - AND, unlike the S&W Model 66 you can run THREE different calibers through that Bad Boy - 9mm, .40, and .357Sig! The ability to run the additional calibers should run about $300 for barrels and magazines.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

theSteve
08-17-2012, 18:52
A gen4 27 was my very first glock and at first I was somewhat disappointed. Not because of the recoil which truly is not bad, but because of the accuracy. I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it standing 5 feet in front of it. So what I did was I bought a KKM barrel, added a tungsten steel guide rod and now, I am more accurate with that gun than I am with my gen4 21 or my ruger 22/45 with a red dot on it. Now my SP2340 .357 sig is a different story. That right there is a snipers pistol. Short story long, get the gun.

clancy
08-17-2012, 18:57

Personally, I held the same view as you did Clancy - Then I shot a G27 - What a sweet shooting pistol.

Yes, with 180gr Lawman ammo it has some recoil, but it isn't nearly as bad as you report.

If you can handle the G23, you will have no problem with the G27. It's a great carry pistol, accurate, and very manageable.

Shucks, if you are in a self defense situation, you won't even notice the recoil... (LOL)

I say Go For It Globetruck! You *WILL* be glad you did... it will go everywhere with you - AND, unlike the S&W Model 66 you can run THREE different calibers through that Bad Boy - 9mm, .40, and .357Sig! The ability to run the additional calibers should run about $300 for barrels and magazines.

Hope that helps,

Patrick

I certainly can't argue the Glock is easier to carry, nor can I argue that in a self defense situation recoil would be unnoticable. The difference I find is that my Smith recoils straight back, and the Glock twists up and to the right. I find the Smith much easier to control.

wrenrj1
08-17-2012, 18:59
The G-27 was too snappy for me, and I did own one. I went with the G-26, but I'm a 9mm guy and am more accurate with 9mm, plus cheaper ammo to practice with.

packinaglock
08-17-2012, 19:00

Wow, a couple of mags? The only time I had an issue was when I ran 300 rounds through my 27. My strong side (right) hand had a little tremor to it for about a half hour after leaving the range. the 27 really isn't that bad, I carry 155g Gold Dots in mine which have a little bite but there are milder carry rounds out there.

toshbar
08-17-2012, 19:02
Get it. I carried a 23 daily for about 2 years and couldn't wait until I could buy my own 27(turned 21 two weeks ago). I love the 27 to carry, however, shooting it is not 'fun'. I put 250 rounds through it the week i bought it to check function and while it wasn't exactly fun to do so, i didn't come away with any damaged wrists or even a little stain on my inner confidence.

Recoil is somewhat sharp with self defense loads, but I wouldnt' say it's anywhere near intermediate .357 recoil. I put one of my 15 round magazines through it when I was blasting ammo, and recoil settled down more than I expected it would.

I have a 23 if i want to play and a 24 if I want to compete. The G27 + spare G23 magazine for CC.

tonyparson
08-17-2012, 19:04

Clancy your right the G27 is junk and no one wants it. I tell you what I will give you $200 cash and pay the shipping for you to send it to my FFL guy. Im just doing this to help you out in getting rid of it...

Droid noob
08-17-2012, 19:06
I just bought gen4 g27 and love it. I don't think the recoil is bad at all. I put 200 rounds through it last Sunday and my hand was totally fine.

I will say the 27 was sliding up in my hand on consecutive shots. The fix for this was gap floorplates. Now this thing is locked in my hand!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

KA5IVR
08-17-2012, 19:07
I have a Gen 3 g27 and a Gen 3 g26. I heard about the snappy recoil of the 27 and I was expecting the worst when I first shot it. Turned out that it was not much more from the 26. I like it and I have not had any trouble out of it.

packinaglock
08-17-2012, 19:08

Thanks.

What general area do you live? I'm sure many GTers would let you shoot theirs if you met them at the range. My 21 year old daughter shoots mine just fine and so does my 14 year old son.

Pierre!
08-17-2012, 19:09
I certainly can't argue the Glock is easier to carry, nor can I argue that in a self defense situation recoil would be unnoticable. The difference I find is that my Smith recoils straight back, and the Glock twists up and to the right. I find the Smith much easier to control.

Sounds like the grip makes a difference in your case...

If you have big mitts, try a decal grip (rubberized or sandpaper textures) and see if that helps. Also the Hogue grips can help fatten and sticky the grip for you.

Twisting up may mean that you could apply MORE pressure with the non-dominant hand which should give you a big improvement in the trigger 'press'.

I love Law Enforcement Officers - they do stuff that I would *never* want to do! I have to say that they are NOT 'Gun Guys' however (in my experience)

I know some LEOs who Train other LEOs, and then I also know some 'beat' LEOs.... Watching these 2 types in competition is very... revealing... :cool:

I really don't get many shooting tips from those on the 'beat'... only the trainers.

Firearms and Shooting is such a small part of what they do.

Just because someone carries a firearm every day doesn't mean they are *proficient* with it...

Know what I mean?

Hope those Grip Tips help you out!

Patrick

clancy
08-17-2012, 19:11
Clancy your right the G27 is junk and no one wants it. I tell you what I will give you $200 cash and pay the shipping for you to send it to my FFL guy. Im just doing this to help you out in getting rid of it...

That is just about a 3rd of what I paid for it. Your generosity is boundless.

J.Kill
08-17-2012, 19:32
I have a gen 3 27. I carry it most of the time. Recoil isn't horrible... But it isnt as controllable ror me as the 26. I'm considering selling/trading it for a gen4 26.

Beanie-Bean
08-17-2012, 19:37
I have the G27 Gen4, and it's one of my favorite carry firearms. Of course, I carry quite a few, but that's the only one I have which has Trijicon HDs installed. I have the original RSA and old 1882 ejector on mine, and have only added a "." connector. I use the standard 9-round magazine for carry (I don't like the finger/pinky extensions) with a G22 magazine for spare.

I like 180 gr. ammo to practice with at the range, and carry it with both Speer 180 gr. Gold Dot (G22 mag) and Hornady 165 gr. Critical Defense (primary mag.)

I'd recommend trying one in person before settling on a subcompact Glock. I really prefer the G33 of all the small-frame Glocks, with G39 a close second.

If recoil is an issue, I would recommend checking out a G30/G30SF or a G39. Those are excellent shooters, and the recoil is very manageable.

alexhartang
08-17-2012, 19:42

+1

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six

P-Denny
08-17-2012, 20:15
I bought a G27 several weeks ago and absolutely love it. For me, it shoots very well and carries very well.

curlysir
08-17-2012, 20:39
I have had a 27 since 1996 and have not regretted buying it at all. I do not like the stock mag and I use an + extender, fits my hand better. It is not a gun I would to have as my only Glock however, it is my primary CCW. I do like shooting it but if I were limited to only one gun I would go with a 19 or 23. I do not have the problem with shooting as others describe but for going out and just shooting the 22 is not as hard on you as the 27.

GPBob
08-17-2012, 20:48
I changed over from XD Subcompact 40s over to the 27. I remember experiencing a bite on my trigger finger when shooting 155gr Hi Shocks in the XD. The Gen 3 27 was much milder than the XD. I thought it was a puppy dog in comparison.

I purchased a Gen 4 27 and find the grips texture causes a small bruise on the tip of my strong hand ringer finger when firing. I never had this happen on the Gen 3. I guess some sort of add on grip will calm that tendency.

I have since gotten into the mode of caliber consolidation and am just shooting 9mm and 45ACP. So my 27 is going on the chopping block.

JimM_PA
08-17-2012, 20:49
OP, if you already shoot a G22 and a G23 reasonably well, there's no reason to suspect you'll find the G27 an out of control recoil monster.
I agree.

GPBob
08-17-2012, 20:52
From my limited experience, I would recommend buying the Gen 3 27.

ScottieG59
08-17-2012, 20:53
I have a Gen 3 Glock 27 and there are no regrets. Some have issues with the grip size, but Hancok45 is a giant and has no issues, but he uses abrasive tape on the grip.

At first, the 40 felt snappy in the 27, but not now. It is nothing like a snubby with hot 357 magnum loads. It is very accurate and easy to handle.

I also have a 9mm conversion barrel and G26 magazines to save some money training.

The G27 is carried by all sorts of people without a problem. I would not trade mine for the G26.

Glock Junkie
08-17-2012, 23:24
My first Glock was a gen 4 27 and I love it. I did put a smooth face trigger because it would make my trigger finger sore after about 150 rounds. It is my EDC and it is very accurate and fun to shoot

JW1178
08-17-2012, 23:45
I don't always carry....

... but when I do, it's the G27.

Have carried mine since 2001, and it's been great.

janice6
08-17-2012, 23:57
I carried the G27 for over 10 years and I have barrels for 9mm, .357 Sig, and (of course) the .40.

I have no problem with any of the calibers in the 27 and can barely tell the difference in recoil/muzzle flip between them. I really like shooting it. As another said, 13 rnd mag or 10 rnd mag, no problem. No pinkie extensions.

However, I found that I also like carrying a .357 Magnum snubbie Rhino, with almost no muzzle flip at all. Carrying that now.

diamondd2
08-18-2012, 00:43

Thanks.

Not a G27 but I bought a M&P compact .40. I did regret the purchase later on and sold it for the G26.

bxny10455
08-18-2012, 02:19
I carry a G23 & G27 for a while I even had the LW 9mm barrel to shoot out of the G27. I got to shoot a M&P & that's all she wrote for the two Glocks.

NEOH212
08-18-2012, 02:48
Anyone regret buying a G27?

Nope! Not one bit. I love mine!

:wavey:

Globetruck
08-18-2012, 07:15
My first Glock was a gen 4 27 and I love it. I did put a smooth face trigger because it would make my trigger finger sore after about 150 rounds. It is my EDC and it is very accurate and fun to shoot

Yup, I did the same thing on my Gen 4 G23 - replaced that annoying serrated trigger with a G22 smooth trigger.

I'm in Montgomery, AL and I found a range in Columbus GA that will be renting the G26 and 27, but not for another couple weeks. So it looks like I'll wait a while and try them both.

And to everyone else - thanks for the info, please keep it coming.

hollowpoint40
08-18-2012, 07:25
I love my 27. It was my second glock. If you buy it and don't like it I'll buy it from you. So now you have a way out. Go buy it.

AgentM79
08-18-2012, 07:38
Them's fightin' words 'round here! The G27 is one of Glockdom's "sacred cows". Like the G19, it is a gun that you seldom read anything negative about. The G27 packs enormous power into a tiny gun. I doubt you'll regret your purchase.

Bluestreakfl
08-18-2012, 07:43
My Gen 3 27 is my only Glock. I was also my first handgun. It's had around 1600 trouble free rounds fired through it. It's not something I'd want to fire all day though. It can be a little painful (for me at least) after a good 50 rounds, but I seem to have no problem shooting magnum loads out of a revolver. All in all a good gun, I wouldn't give it up, but my revolvers are still my favorite.

Sent from my phone booth

Danl Boone
08-18-2012, 07:50
Get the 27. I have 3 22's and a 27 and I love 'em all. The 27 is very accurate for me. Just for kicks put a 15 round 22 mag in your 27. I don't know what it is about that but it makes the 27 ALMOST more fun to shoot than the 22s!:supergrin:

ithaca_deerslayer
08-18-2012, 08:20
I have a 26. I'd like to get a 27 someday. It is the only .40 I have any interest in :)

Larry V
08-18-2012, 08:30
If the recoil is a problem, try putting a Hogue Handall grip on it. It makes all the difference in the world

08-18-2012, 08:47
Love my 27, best Glock I own out of five!!!!

bigtimelarry
08-18-2012, 08:49
Why suffer with the Snappy recoil of a G27.
Why not get a G26 which is a dream to shoot, get the Pearce Extension.
I go to the range and put 300 rounds thru it and get bored before i get tired, a lot less recoil. This way you can shoot it more and the more practice the better and when your done load it with Gold Dot 124 +P ammo for your SD. The Gold Dot 124 +P ballistics is so close to the .40 cal ballistics you dont need a .40 cal. 4 layers of denim & 13" penetration..
Then you can shoot in the Sub Compact Division GSSF Match's..

RMTactical
08-18-2012, 08:51
I own the G27 and G26. I prefer the G26 as ammo is cheaper allowing me to practice with it more, and obviously the recoil is a bit softer. I like both guns, but I think the G26 is more practical for most people, for those two reasons stated above.

codsack
08-18-2012, 08:59
+1 on the G26.I use the Pearce mag extender and it is the complete carry gun IMO.It is easy to handle and you can shoot it all day with no recoil issues

Peace Officer
08-18-2012, 08:59
My Glock 27 is the best. And if we all want to keep our cherished firearms we need to dump the BAMA!

bigtimelarry
08-18-2012, 09:20
I agree, time to get the Empty Suit out of office..

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-18-2012, 09:50
Why suffer with the Snappy recoil of a G27.
Why not get a G26 which is a dream to shoot, get the Pearce Extension.
I go to the range and put 300 rounds thru it and get bored before i get tired, a lot less recoil. This way you can shoot it more and the more practice the better and when your done load it with Gold Dot 124 +P ammo for your SD. The Gold Dot 124 +P ballistics is so close to the .40 cal ballistics you dont need a .40 cal. 4 layers of denim & 13" penetration..
Then you can shoot in the Sub Compact Division GSSF Match's..

Exactly! :rofl:

bcj128
08-18-2012, 10:05
I had one to match my duty G22. Never failed, but my accuracy with it was so so, and it just was no fun to shoot. In retrospect I wish I had gotten a G26. I am happy now with a G30SF and a G19.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Two Guns
08-18-2012, 10:49
I have a G27 and I can shoot it better than my G19 or G23. The G27 is as close to perfect as a carry gun you can get.

mxkid6
08-18-2012, 10:49
I purchased a G23 first then a G26, sold it and picked up a G27 and love it! I personally like shooting the G27 better, don't know why but I do. As many others have stated the snappy recoil is perceived different by each user. It is something that needs to either be rented or borrowed off of a friend to try if you are that skeptical on the issue. Just my opinion. Hope you enjoy whatever you get and also a plus with the 27 is you can go down to a 9mm...can't go up with the 26.

cfr
08-18-2012, 11:13
I bought one to go with my Gen 4 22. I recently bought a conversion barrel and mags, have used them for training, but am still carrying in .40. That may/ not change over time. I have an inner tube on mine and it feels waaayyyy better than using it bare. I've also swapped barrels, mags on the same range day and the difference in recoil is tough to spot for me.

Not sure Id say I regret it, also not sure I dont.

fastbolt
08-18-2012, 12:47
Felt recoil, controllability & recoil management considerations can easily vary as far as the perceptions of different shooters.

The only way you're going to figure out the correct answer for you is to try one. That may mean after buying one if you can't try one out before buying.

Personally, when I decided to buy my first Glock (after my first Glock armorer class), I made the choice of getting a G26 after having tried examples of many Glocks over the years I'd worked as a firearms instructor. Yes, I'd tried some G27's during that time.

I ended up buying a LNIB G27 after the G26, anyway. One came my way for too good of a price to ignore.

Now, after having fired more than 12K rounds through each of those guns (G26 & G27), and having bought a second G26 (and having fired a couple thousand rounds through it) ... I'd still pick a G26 over a G27 if I were only going to own ONE Glock.

That said, over the years I've found that mastering the G27 has made me a better G26 shooter. ;)

I've come to carry the G27 about as often as one of my G26's (when I'm not carrying one of my other 9's, .40's or .45's) ... but I also put in a fair number of hours shooting my assorted .40's, too, to keep my up skillset with them.

I find my G27 to offer a bit more muzzle whip than my G26's even when I'm shooting 127gr or 115gr +P+ loads in the 9's. I typically use 180gr loads in the .40, with some occasional 165gr loads (left over from issue several years ago).

Time invested in shooting the little .40 can help "tame" perceived felt recoil issues for some folks, I'd think.

Kind of like how I used to think my 4040PD had noticeably more felt recoil & muzzle whip than my 3913 (even using +P & +P+ loads in the 3913), so I put it away in my safe back about '05. Then, a few months ago I pulled it from the safe and ran it through a qual course-of-fire, without any "warm up", after not having shot it for several years. (I was curious, having recently ran the course-of-fire using my 3913 with issued 124gr +P loads.)

I was a bit surprised when I ran the 4040PD through the course without any of the remembered "felt recoil" issues, and found it to be similar to running my 3913 through the same course. What had changed? (Hint ... it wasn't the gun ;) ) Well, I'd been doing a lot more shooting with different .40's since I'd sidelined the 4040PD back then.

Just depends on the shooter/owner, and how much time & effort anyone may want to invest in mastering the G27, I'd think. Then again, ammo and range time can cost quite a bit nowadays, and some folks find the G26 to be a more pleasant experience.

I presently own (5) 9's and (5) .40's ... and I'm thinking about ordering yet another small 9 (Shield 9).

Suit yourself.

You may well change your mind later no matter how you decide right now. ;)

Just my thoughts.

Slug71
08-18-2012, 13:34
I had the G27, sold it and got a G26.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

reade
08-18-2012, 15:47
The 27 works for me. My wife and son handle it well too.

tonyparson
08-18-2012, 15:54
The 27 works for me. My wife and son handle it well too.

I let my wife shoot my G27 today and she loved it. She now wants me to find her one to replace her G26 with.

di11igaf
08-18-2012, 16:31

Hope that helps,

Patrick
I agree, a g27 isn't even in the same league as my lcr with stout 125gr loads. Even shooting the 27 with 155 or 165gr SD ammo I could shoot all day, ya its snappy, but full power 125gr magnums out of a small revolver is just violent.

fastbolt
08-18-2012, 17:25
I find my S&W Model 66, with a 2 1/2 inch barrel, with 125grain .357's easier to handle.

Some of you guys might want to go back and look at what the poster wrote in post #3.

He wasn't talking about one of the Sc/Ti .357's, but a K-frame M66.

I agree with him, BTW.

When I picked up a nice M66 2 1/2" a few years ago, I took it to the range and ran not quite 100 Magnum rounds through it.

The Magnum loads I used that day ranged from 125gr up through 180gr. I fired it from 3-75 yds ... and my only regret was that I hadn't thought to bring enough Magnum ammo with me, and I ran out of ammo much too soon.

It made me remember why I'd enjoyed using & shooting Magnum revolvers for duty & off-duty guns back in the day. ;)

fuzzy03cls
08-18-2012, 17:33
Regret, no. However with what I know now I would have bought a easier 1st handgun to learn to shoot on. My G27 was my 1st gun owned & 1st gun I ever shot in my life.

TheExplorer
08-18-2012, 17:33
I love the G27 with a 23 mag and x-grip. It is one the few guns that causes me no wrist pain after shooting for extended periods of time. It does suffer from more muzzle flip than the 26, but I don't find that to be enough of an issue to drop to a 9mm. I know, I'm biased, and possibly wrong about the 9mm power. But it is ingrained in my brain.

avenues165
08-18-2012, 17:42
I must state up front that I have no experience with either the G26 or G27. But, I have always preferred 9mm in subcompacts. I actually have found the 9mm subcompacts I have shot to have less perceived recoil than the subcompact blowback .380acps I have shot.

Knowing I will eventually pick up a G26 or G27, I intend to shoot both before I make my decision. If the G27 is comparible in recoil characteristics to the G23 I will probably get a G27. The G23 is a relatively soft shooter and a lot of fun.

scosgt
08-18-2012, 17:44
Before I retired the only authorized duty gun was the G26 with 147gr JHP rounds. My G26 was a very early model with the smooth grooves. On a hot sweaty day it was no joy to fire, and my G19 was a gen 2 with no finger grooves, also hard to hold onto with sweaty hands. The Department did not allow slip grips or pinkie extensions.
Once I retired, I obtained a G23 and a new Gen 3 EXO G27. The .40 S&W is a treat. I find the recoil less than with the 147 JHP 9mm, but that's just me. I have the Hogue grip on the 23, and I use a slip on grip on the 27 at the range, but I don't carry it with the rubber grip. The reason is, I find the checkering a bit sharp for extended shooting, but I would never notice it on the street under stress. And of course I only carry 19 rounds on the street, so hand fatigue is not an issue.
I find the G27 VERY accurate. I recently used it for HR 218 requalification, and it shot great in rapid fire. NO recoil issues at all.
Looking at the size of the hole the .40 punches in paper compared to the 9mm, I don't need a ballistic chart to know which is better, that is a no brainer.

Anyone who complains about G27 recoil is not an experienced shooter, in my opinion. The recoil is NOT excessive. Compared to the G23 it is strong, because the G23 with the Hogue grip is an absolute *****cat to shoot. Never the less, the G27 is an amazing amount of power in a small package. Nothing wrong with the G26, but after around 15 years of the G26 the G27 is my go to gun.

ultra45
08-18-2012, 17:49
I hate my G-27. I'm issued a G-19 and carry a 1911. Bought the gun several years ago and qualified with it. It's not the recoil, I just don't like it, nor do I like its cousin the 26. After shooting my wife's Sig P226 EE, Im looking at a P 229 in 40 after I off load the Glock.

TheExplorer
08-18-2012, 17:49
Knowing how the 27 shoots, I would like to try the 26 someday. The recoil is not excessive, but it is present. And this is a CCW for most, so the more control the better.

ccwnsc
08-18-2012, 18:01
No Regrets .... Carry it... Take combat pistol classes with it..... LOVE IT.

bigtimelarry
08-18-2012, 18:09
Before I retired the only authorized duty gun was the G26 with 147gr JHP rounds. My G26 was a very early model with the smooth grooves. On a hot sweaty day it was no joy to fire, and my G19 was a gen 2 with no finger grooves, also hard to hold onto with sweaty hands. The Department did not allow slip grips or pinkie extensions.
Once I retired, I obtained a G23 and a new Gen 3 EXO G27. The .40 S&W is a treat. I find the recoil less than with the 147 JHP 9mm, but that's just me. I have the Hogue grip on the 23, and I use a slip on grip on the 27 at the range, but I don't carry it with the rubber grip. The reason is, I find the checkering a bit sharp for extended shooting, but I would never notice it on the street under stress. And of course I only carry 19 rounds on the street, so hand fatigue is not an issue.
I find the G27 VERY accurate. I recently used it for HR 218 requalification, and it shot great in rapid fire. NO recoil issues at all.
Looking at the size of the hole the .40 punches in paper compared to the 9mm, I don't need a ballistic chart to know which is better, that is a no brainer.

Anyone who complains about G27 recoil is not an experienced shooter, in my opinion. The recoil is NOT excessive. Compared to the G23 it is strong, because the G23 with the Hogue grip is an absolute *****cat to shoot. Never the less, the G27 is an amazing amount of power in a small package. Nothing wrong with the G26, but after around 15 years of the G26 the G27 is my go to gun.

WOW !!! Can I have your Autograph... Please..:couch:

sho'nuff
08-18-2012, 18:32
I get a kick out of people who claim the glock 27 is too much gun for them (no pun intended). I honestly don't believe them but IF that is seriously too much gun for you try a 22lr.

ghostrider88
08-18-2012, 19:30
I didnt untill I bought a 23, but it still a relieable weapon that goes boom when you need it to.:cool:

clancy
08-18-2012, 19:45
Some of you guys might want to go back and look at what the poster wrote in post #3.

He wasn't talking about one of the Sc/Ti .357's, but a K-frame M66.

I agree with him, BTW.

When I picked up a nice M66 2 1/2" a few years ago, I took it to the range and ran not quite 100 Magnum rounds through it.

The Magnum loads I used that day ranged from 125gr up through 180gr. I fired it from 3-75 yds ... and my only regret was that I hadn't thought to bring enough Magnum ammo with me, and I ran out of ammo much too soon.

It made me remember why I'd enjoyed using & shooting Magnum revolvers for duty & off-duty guns back in the day. ;)

At last, someone who took the time to read what I wrote.

Thank you.

Glockdude1
08-18-2012, 19:48
Love my G27.

:cool:

SNH Glocks
08-18-2012, 19:50
Nope, no regrets. I like them so much I bought two Gen 3s, one for ccw and the other for range use.

JimiWeaver
08-18-2012, 21:15
I love my 27 it's my main carry gun. I have three Glocks at the moment, a 27 and two 19s. I want a 26 just because I'm so invested in 9mm Glocks.

Yes recoil is stouter than a 26 but it's not bad at all.

tacops5372
08-18-2012, 23:04
I used one as a back up gun for my G22 duty gun. I asked the our range instructor if it was possible to use my backup gun just to see if I could run the course the same way as my duty gun. I actually did better than I thought. My G27 2.5 beat my 3rd gen G22! I kicked myself for selling it later on. Got a new one the other day. G27 3rd gen with OD frame. It's a good choice!

n8vyc
08-18-2012, 23:38
i have a M29 SF 10mm, I shoot Double Tap thru it with no problem, the M27 is not that bad buy it and get used to it. Now you want to shoot a painful gun? Try a SW M&P 340 J frame with 357 mag loads. It feels like its breaking your fingers off!

Schaffer
08-18-2012, 23:50
Shot one mag through a 27 and thought i hated it do to the so called snap. Traded a lightly used gen 4 G19 for a gen 3 G27 and some ammo.

Shoots great and is just as accurate as my G22. I've learned how to curl my pink under the bottom of the mag well and can shoot it just as well as any of my other guns.

marano
08-19-2012, 05:35
My Glock 27 is the best. And if we all want to keep our cherished firearms we need to dump the BAMA!

I love the Glock 27. Great gun. Just wondering why the sentiment on the President? I can not think of one thing he has done to harm gun owners. He signed off on concealed carry in National Parks. The gun and ammo industry has used him for maximum profits since before he took office and yet he has done nothing to harm gun owners or enthusiast. Now they wanna say the same thing prior to reelection????

The man signed off on a military operation in a country that we were not at war with to get Bin Laden. That takes balls. Funny how his predecessor couldn't get the job done but he did if you ask me.

reade
08-19-2012, 06:06
I recently heard a rumor about something to do with a guy named Eric Holder, you might check that out.

marano
08-19-2012, 07:28
I recently heard a " rumor" about something to do with a guy named Eric Holder, you might check that out.

Fox News ain't all that.

nraman
08-19-2012, 11:14
I love the Glock 27. Great gun. Just wondering why the sentiment on the President? I can not think of one thing he has done to harm gun owners. He signed off on concealed carry in National Parks. The gun and ammo industry has used him for maximum profits since before he took office and yet he has done nothing to harm gun owners or enthusiast. Now they wanna say the same thing prior to reelection????

The man signed off on a military operation in a country that we were not at war with to get Bin Laden. That takes balls. Funny how his predecessor couldn't get the job done but he did if you ask me.

The way I see it, when a Democrat President passes gun control like Clinton did, all the Republicans in and out of office get very upset.
When a Republican passes gun control (Reagan banned the machineguns and Bush 1 the importation of semi auto rifles leading to the Clinton assault weapon ban) the Republicans don't mind it.
Having said that, I plan to vote against BHO.

tonyparson
08-19-2012, 11:14

Its his first term.. All liberal Presidents wait until there second term to show there true colors. He is on record saying only cops should be allowed to carry guns..

GPBob
08-19-2012, 11:35
I regret buying the Gen 4 27, but would have no regrets buying the Gen 3.

tnhawk
08-19-2012, 11:53
If I were to have only one glock, it would be a G27. It is accurate, dependable and easy to shoot.

token5gtd
08-19-2012, 12:01
I shoot my Gen3 27 better than my Gen4 23.

G26S239
08-19-2012, 12:05
I don't regret buying a 27. I gave it a try and did not ever get to liking it. By contrast I enjoy shooting the 26 and the HK P2000sk 40 I have. I also like my M&P40c a lot but not as much as the 26 and P2000sk, possibly because of less trigger time. I traded my G27 for another Sig 239 9mm, I have 2 in 9mm now, and have never regretted getting rid of the 27.

reade
08-19-2012, 12:20
Fox News ain't all that.

Actually heard it on CBS.

Globetruck
08-19-2012, 13:35
Unless president Obama makes a statement about the Glock 27, I really don't care about politics in this particular thread. Thanks.

tonyparson
08-19-2012, 13:40
Unless president Obama makes a statement about the Glock 27, I really don't care about politics in this particular thread. Thanks.

:upeyes: :upeyes:

glock2740
08-19-2012, 13:59
I regret buying my G27 so much I'm gonna change my username. :steamed:

NOT!!!

:rofl:

glock2740
08-19-2012, 14:02

Poor lost little sheeple. You just don't get it do you? What a shame. :upeyes:

jfost11
08-19-2012, 15:25
The first Glock I fired was a 22. The only Glock I currently own is a 27. I have absolutely no regrets in purchasing it. I can understand someone that has only fired a 9mm complaining about recoil but if you're used to the cartridge already, I don't see it being an issue.

packinaglock
08-19-2012, 15:54
Fox News ain't all that.

O.K., at least now we know what side of the anti gun fence your on. :whistling:

packinaglock
08-19-2012, 15:57
the way i see it, when a democrat president passes gun control like clinton did, all the republicans in and out of office get very upset.
When a republican passes gun control (reagan banned the machineguns and bush 1 the importation of semi auto rifles leading to the clinton assault weapon ban) the republicans don't mind it.
Having said that, i plan to vote against bho.

I hope so

TheExplorer
08-19-2012, 16:01
Save the thread! :drowning:

johnjasonchun
08-19-2012, 16:03
I converted my G26 to G27 because the 40 is a 1 ROUND STOPPER VS. the 9mm, which takes more than 1 Round to stop most humans...

tonyparson
08-19-2012, 16:05
I converted my G26 to G27 because the 40 is a 1 ROUND STOPPER VS. the 9mm, which takes more than 1 Round to stop most humans...

How did you convert a G26 to a G27? :dunno:

SouthpawG26
08-19-2012, 16:07

And I have no doubt you will post references and proof for said statement.

johnjasonchun
08-19-2012, 16:23
And I have no doubt you will post references and proof for said statement.
---------------------------------------------------------

Several people know him personally that run various firearm related businesses; credible sources that are well known (LAV for one). It's not BS, it's factual.

Yeah, he's a real person all right. He's a forensic anthropologist with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Not a Medical Examiner. Not a Medical Doctor. Not a Pathologist. Not a "Mortician".

His claimed/implied numbers of autopsies are exaggerated (based upon UCR data and annual death reports for Georgia) and gun fatalities make up only a fraction of them, although he implied greater numbers. And as he admitted in his "report", the real ME often can't tell what handgun caliber was used to create a wound, unless the bullet was physically recovered.

He originally posted over at Smith & Wesson Forums, but was never willing to answer questions, respond to debate, or answer queries on that forum (nor on several others). He got called out on some facts and "disappeared".

Deadmeat2 is:

http://www.state.ga.us/gbi/pathology/bios.html

"Dr. Frederick Snow graduated from Georgia State University in Atlanta, GA with a B.A in 1970. He served as a patrolman for the Dekalb County Police Department from 1973 to 1980. Dr. Snow enrolled as a graduate student at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee and received a master's degree in anthropology in 1989. He joined the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in 2002 and earned a Ph.D. in anthropology from the University of Tennessee in 2004.

Dr. Snow has extensive field experience in the identification of remains from mass grave/disaster sites. Internationally, he served as a forensic anthropologist for the UN War Crimes Tribunal for Kosovo in 1999, helping to determine manner of death and gain evidence for the indictment of war criminals. He also excavated mass graves for the International Commission on Missing Persons in Sarajevo and Herzegovina, Bosnia to recover evidence for use at the UN War Crimes Tribunal at The Hague in 2001. Finally, Dr. Snow served in an administrative role for the tsunami victims identification project in 2005 in ****et, Thailand. Domestically, he was part of the Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Team (DMORT), in Noble, Georgia in 2002, and helped recover and identify remains from 326 individuals at the Tri-State Crematory.

At the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Dr. Snow has collected, analyzed, and archived approximately 200 sets of unidentified human skeletal remains dating to 1969. "

johnjasonchun
08-19-2012, 16:24
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428759

I'm a retired litigation paralegal.... 114 court cases... mostly real estate & contracts... but I read a lot about court cases on wrongful deaths. On line the data states 9mm is not good to stop criminals. AND....
There is this MD LEO Coroner & Expert Witness on the east coast that does 1000's of examinations of "gun wounds"...
Almost all 100% of the bodies with gun shot holes are .40 and bigger. He will not carry anything under .40 and considers the 9mm an "emergency room ticket". He says the dead bodies are the best "evidence" for what caliber to carry. Based on what he said, I switched to .40sw for all but 1 of my hand guns....

03scgt
08-19-2012, 17:12
I have a gen 4 27 and love it.first day I got it I put 200 rounds through it and I'm more accurate with it than I am with my gen 3 19

It's my edc

BigBearCarolina
08-19-2012, 17:16
I regret not buying one sooner. It's my EDC the majority of the time, and my favorite range gun . My teen daughter likes it, too. I guess one man's snappy is another man's sweet.

tuica
08-19-2012, 17:34
Carry a lot/shoot little in the G27. Cheers.

G26S239
08-19-2012, 17:47
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428759

I'm a retired litigation paralegal.... 114 court cases... mostly real estate & contracts... but I read a lot about court cases on wrongful deaths. On line the data states 9mm is not good to stop criminals. AND....
There is this MD LEO Coroner & Expert Witness on the east coast that does 1000's of examinations of "gun wounds"...
Almost all 100% of the bodies with gun shot holes are .40 and bigger. He will not carry anything under .40 and considers the 9mm an "emergency room ticket". He says the dead bodies are the best "evidence" for what caliber to carry. Based on what he said, I switched to .40sw for all but 1 of my hand guns....
Okay. I'll stipulate that all those real estate and contract cases combined with you reading another persons opinion makes you an expert. :upeyes: I'll be selling my 9mms tomorrow.

bigtimelarry
08-19-2012, 17:50
Okay. I'll stipulate that all those real estate and contract cases combined with you reading another persons opinion makes you an expert. :upeyes: I'll be selling my 9mms tomorrow.

LOL !!!:rofl:

Aux Bear
08-19-2012, 18:18
No regrets. Like Barth said, you can always convert your 27 DOWN to 9mm if you think it's too snappy. I chuckle at the "snappy" comments here on GT. Sure, you're going to notice a baby Glock popping off .40 rounds, but it's VERY controllable and is usually credited with being MORE accurate than the 23 and 22. That's true in my case.

It's a very easily carried little powerhouse that still feels like a decent fighting handgun. I won't bad mouth the 9mm, but I'd rather have a .40 if a 26 and 27 were what I had to choose from. You won't be disappointed.

I was skeptical until I experienced it personally. I have shot my G22 through many many thousands of rounds. One day our Sr. RO/Instr. showed up with a G27 on his hip. I requested to see it and he responded with allowing me to shoot it. WWB, 15 yards, PTI scoring target. First 15 rounds through the gun yielded all 15 within the 9 square. I was amazed. No trick photography. My target, gun in my hand and I shot far better with it at 15 yards than I had been doing with my well seasoned G22. That sold me on it. Have a Gen 3, now also with thousands of rounds through it and I've tightened up the shot group very well. Now putting 15 of 15 though a 1/2 playing card. Can't do that with my G22 to this day...

toshbar
08-19-2012, 18:35
This still doesn't explain how he converted his 26 to a 27. :faint:

tonyparson
08-19-2012, 18:37

That's what I have been waiting on him to post...

nraman
08-19-2012, 18:44

By replacing the slide assembly and ejector?

wirenut
08-19-2012, 18:45
don't regret buying it cause I sold it and made money.

It wasn't a bad shooter at all. I will have another shortly.

AZ Cat
08-19-2012, 19:27
I love mine. At one time I had a 23 and a 27 and could tell no difference in the recoil. I was actually a bit more accurate with the 27. Decided I wanted to add a .45 to the collection but needed to sell either the 23 or 27...sold the 23 which I loved...but not as much as the 27. That's how highly I think of the 27.

brtarr
08-19-2012, 20:29
I have both a G23 and a G27. I carry the 27 most days because of its size. I can shoot acuratly with both without discomfort. Just takes practice.:wavey:

4TS&W
08-19-2012, 20:49
27 is a fantastic pistol. Bought mine used off another gter, and gave it some side by side work with a 23. My 11 year old rocks them both with no trouble.

Slug71
08-19-2012, 21:09

Oh BS!! :rolleyes:

More LE, Military and civilians carry 9mm than any other caliber in the WORLD!

Placement is EVERYTHING. You are NOT going to kill a person by shooting them in the leg with .40!

G26S239
08-19-2012, 21:53

True. :wavey:

BigDog40
08-20-2012, 01:08
NO REGRETS, one of the best, smoothest shooting .40's I have ever shot....out of a 22, 23 27 and 35

cadillacguns
08-20-2012, 03:15
I carry mine almost every day, sometimes the G-23. I carried the on duty G-22/27 combo for years, now the G-22 is the "trunk gun". Its my life, and I trust it to my Glock .40's. I have a G-26 also and dont see much difference in the recoil of eaither. I shoot the G-27 more accuratly than the G-26.

Pred8tory
08-20-2012, 07:03
I served as an LEO from 1975 to 2007. I cut my teeth on S&W revolvers in .357 Magnum. Unless you've shot a Model 19 with wooden grips, you don't know recoil. I'm 63 now and shoot a whole lot more now that I am retired and have the time. I own about ten Glocks. I don't find the 27 to be "snappy" or recoil hard. I often shoot the 27 one-handed at close range, maybe 10 feet, because if you have to use it in an emergency it's going to be close and you probably won't have time for a two-handed stance. The 27 (and 26) are fine pistols. The only modifications I made were to add night sights and Talon grips. As for "stopping power", if I had a dollar for every person I saw shot dead with FMJ .380 acp, I could have a pretty good steak dinner. Take care.

SFla27
08-20-2012, 11:35
With a grip such as Talon's rubber grip, this takes a good amount of the 'bite' out of the stock Gen4 27's backstrap checkering. Although I usually don't go through more than 100 rounds in a range session, I find I can shoot my G27 for over 200 rounds in one session without any discomfort or 'palm prints.'

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, three things that had a noticeable difference in overall comfort and controlability:

-Smooth G17 trigger (part# 0357). I didn't care for the standard serrated trigger.
-Talon rubber grips (I would use the sandpaper grip, but I CC with the 27).
-GAP extended magazine floorplates (if you get a 27 and intend on using the standard 9-round magazines, get these. You will never....ever go back to a standard magazine floorplate again). IMHO, they're almost mandatory equipment for a subcompact Glock.

reade
08-20-2012, 11:39
Agreed on the GAP floor plates. I have one on the 9 round I carry in the pistol, I carry a spare extended mag in my pocket.

I've never tried any grip mods. I'm not really having any trouble with the stock Gen 3 grip. Maybe I will though, not much $$ to find out.

trymyglock
08-20-2012, 13:07
I love my 27. I don't think the recoil is bad at all. It is actually quite pleasant for being such a small platform

robert101
08-20-2012, 15:00
My Gen IV G27 has been 100% reliable with both factory and my reload ammo. The .40 S&W is a great stopper (as meeting FBI protocal). It is the best at filling the specific need I have for light compact carry and HD handgun. I do have other calibers like 45, 44 mag and 10MM which all have a specific duty. My G27 is the go to carry gun and if I need more I'm looking for my .308 rifle.

Kodiak Ken
08-20-2012, 15:31
I own two G27s. I use GAP floorplates and Talon Grips. I find it plenty accurate for a carry gun. It has some recoil but not too bad.

Danl Boone
08-27-2012, 18:19
Just shot my 27 this afternoon! Love that little gun!:supergrin:

G23Gen4.40
08-27-2012, 20:34
Not only do I not regret buying my G27, it is quickly replacing my G23 as my favorite Glock. I even shoot it better than the 23.

Droid noob
08-28-2012, 05:12
Not only do I not regret buying my G27, it is quickly replacing my G23 as my favorite Glock. I even shoot it better than the 23.

I've heard this often from people who own both the 23 and 27. I've never shot the 23, but I love my 27. I wonder why so many improve with the 27?

cola490
08-28-2012, 05:31
Can anyone compare the recoil of a G27 to a Kel Tec PF9? The PF9 is a good carry gun, and after many rounds, reliable, but it is not a fun gun to shoot. If the 27 is anywhere close to the PF9, that is a nonstarter for me.

I know the G27 is .40 Cal, I just want to compare recoil to a known factor.

cfr
08-28-2012, 07:31
Can anyone compare the recoil of a G27 to a Kel Tec PF9? The PF9 is a good carry gun, and after many rounds, reliable, but it is not a fun gun to shoot. If the 27 is anywhere close to the PF9, that is a nonstarter for me.

I know the G27 is .40 Cal, I just want to compare recoil to a known factor.

I have a P11 -- does it's recoil compare to a P9?

cfr
08-28-2012, 07:32
I've heard this often from people who own both the 23 and 27. I've never shot the 23, but I love my 27. I wonder why so many improve with the 27?

I'm FAR from an expert, but my impression is it's because your pinky isn't influencing your shot at all.

IH8Q8
08-28-2012, 08:11
A 4th gen G27 is what my mother just bought as her first pistol, and she loves it. She went through about 200rds last Saturday without issue.

By the way, she is 67 today and had wrist surgery a few years ago. Methinks you need to go buy one.

Fred

Dashunde
08-28-2012, 08:19
The Glock 27 is most likely the gun I'd pick if I could have only one handgun period.
(Along with a 9mm barrel and a couple of mags, of course.)

My 27 is the only firearm of any kind or brand that caused me to leave the range with a big grin on my face after its maiden trip.

The only time I've found its recoil to be irritating is during a few trips in the ice cold, and thats mostly due to my wedding ring snapping my right hand.

roundball
08-28-2012, 09:11
I am wholly satisfied with my Gen3 G27. It's stock as a door knob. Across the board, this handgun is accurate and reliable. The last rounds through the guns were some factory 180gr. Winchester Supreme Elites. This handgun and these rounds are my daily carry. These rounds gave 950fps and decent accuracy at twenty-five yards. This ammo is so expensive that this was a brief test mainly for functioning and to chronograph. Many hundred reloads have been shot in this gun. I have never gone with this excessive recoil school of thought with the G27 or G29. It is, however, what ever cranks your tractor. If you do not like the gun move it onto another owner. Without confidence in the handgun, it is a mistake to use as a carry gun.

Japtin
08-28-2012, 09:18
Just bought a gen 3 Glock 27 and am very happy with it. My first Glock and probably won't be my last. Great shooter.

garjc90
08-28-2012, 09:20
I have one and love it. Very accurate. Its a gen 3 that i got off an ex LEO. When i got it it still had the bronze grease stuf on the slide. I shoot it better than my g22

dakrat
08-28-2012, 10:08
there are a lot of vary capable compact pistols released in the last couple of years. having owned and carried a G27 for years, it is very hard to go back to it after carrying/shooting the new breeds of compact pistols.

wrczx3
08-28-2012, 12:37
Out of my 17,19,36 and 27, I like the 27 the best.

nraman
08-28-2012, 15:15
Out of my 17,19,36 and 27, I like the 27 the best.

I have a bit of a problem, I have both the G26 and G27 love 'em both but cannot figure our which one is the best.
I think the G26/G27 are great, small enough to carry in the pocket and powerful enough to save my butt. I have about the same chances of coming ahead in a firefight as if I used the full size models, I don't feel handicapped in any way.

SpecOps-13
08-28-2012, 15:57
I'm new, came here to learn more about Glocks. I have always owned and fired large caliber handguns. 44 Magnum was the smallest I owned for many years. I Love shooting my 460 S&W, others run when they see me pull it out of the range bag. :rofl:

I've owned a G/30 for for some time (since huge firearms are a bit ridiculous to carry) and love it. A friend traded me his 27 for an EOTech a week or so ago. He bought a 23, guess he was recoil sensitive. Me, I wanted compactness and caliber conversion capability for the future. We really don't know where ammo availability will go. Personally I'd take the 40 or 357 Sig over the 9 any day but " What If " 9mm is the only game in town at some point?

roundball
08-28-2012, 16:02
After my previous post concerning the G27 went shooting to chronograph some 180gr. Loads. Being retired allows such. Everything worked fine with MV averaging 900 fps. in two Glocks and a Smith 4013 TSW. It occurred to me that if somebody spent some time shooting these subcompacts the story may be different. Another thought is the ideal American carry gun would be a Butler Derringer in 500 S&W with no recoil or "muzzle flip." If you are going to shoot a small powerful handgun you should expect such to be different than with a full size model.

deputy1199
08-28-2012, 17:53
No, I don't regret buying my G27. After 15 years and thousands of rounds of 155gr, 165gr and 180 gr factory ammo as well as reloads, no problems whatsoever with recoil. A good grip and lots of practice will cure any recoil problem with .40 S&W.

DieselNut
08-28-2012, 20:11
The only drawback to mine is that it's ammo is not interchangeable with my 21sf. Other than that it's suprisingly accurate for what it is.

336bl
08-29-2012, 00:15
My Gen 3 27 is my only Glock. I was also my first handgun. It's had around 1600 trouble free rounds fired through it. It's not something I'd want to fire all day though. It can be a little painful (for me at least) after a good 50 rounds, but I seem to have no problem shooting magnum loads out of a revolver. All in all a good gun, I wouldn't give it up, but my revolvers are still my favorite.

Sent from my phone booth
...honest review... :)

MikeG36
08-29-2012, 01:20
My only regret is selling it. Should have that problem solved shortly. :)

Bodyarmorguy
08-29-2012, 02:26
My only regret about BUYING one is that my agency just took delivery on 33 of them to issue to each officer for back-up and off-duty carry.:wavey:

Glockrunner
08-29-2012, 06:16
I was all ready for the training class that day on a very hot SC morning. The range was mostly sandy and I knew the 1000 rounds I would be required to shoot was going to be brutal with the sand reflecting the heat and, the tall loblolly pines blocking any chance of a breeze.

The AC was cold in the small classroom as we discussed the training and days' activities. We were going to be doing a lot of walking, running and crawling while shooting. It would keep pu until we got it right!

My trusted G-23 had been thur most everything when I needed a gun. It got stolen from my hotel room in a burglarly and the replacement gun I had for todays training was a used gun but refurbushed.

As I started my training the G-23 allowed the slide to leave the frame rails like a train heading over the cliff during a clearing exercise. Damn, there went the slide lock spring! Oh, and the slide lock too. Crap I thought, I hadn't put a hundred rounds thru that gun!

While I was holding up class the wife went back to tha car and brought me the G-27 to finish the class with and I was thinking well, just use it as a parts gun.

She shows up and the drills continued without time to do a swapout so I started right back where I left off. I couldn't tell if it was the heat of the barrel or the day but dang, it was warm. With sweat pouring, sandy conditions and plenty of ammo, we (G-27 & me) had a ball! I was getting on sight quicker and drawing a little faster too, I think. We held our own and never did the instructors have to figit with my firearm laike many others on the line.

We burned thru the ammo and the heat that day. One blister on the palm of my strong hand mainly because I never knew how to get a good grip on a gun anyway!

Though I have worn the grips down a bit over the years it is still to this day my favorite carry gun and has never failed to meet a challenge in any of my shooting where it be training, sports or plinking!

Yea, I do shoot other Glocks but I only carry that G-27 in the hot sultry days of numerous travels and working situations I encounter on a daily bases. The G-23's only come out in the winter time for carry.

SpecOps-13
08-29-2012, 07:58
I was all ready for the training class that day on a very hot SC morning. The range was mostly sandy and I knew the 1000 rounds I would be required to shoot was going to be brutal with the sand reflecting the heat and, the tall loblolly pines blocking any chance of a breeze.

The AC was cold in the small classroom as we discussed the training and days' activities. We were going to be doing a lot of walking, running and crawling while shooting. It would keep pu until we got it right!

My trusted G-23 had been thur most everything when I needed a gun. It got stolen from my hotel room in a burglarly and the replacement gun I had for todays training was a used gun but refurbushed.

As I started my training the G-23 allowed the slide to leave the frame rails like a train heading over the cliff during a clearing exercise. Damn, there went the slide lock spring! Oh, and the slide lock too. Crap I thought, I hadn't put a hundred rounds thru that gun!

While I was holding up class the wife went back to tha car and brought me the G-27 to finish the class with and I was thinking well, just use it as a parts gun.

She shows up and the drills continued without time to do a swapout so I started right back where I left off. I couldn't tell if it was the heat of the barrel or the day but dang, it was warm. With sweat pouring, sandy conditions and plenty of ammo, we (G-27 & me) had a ball! I was getting on sight quicker and drawing a little faster too, I think. We held our own and never did the instructors have to figit with my firearm laike many others on the line.

We burned thru the ammo and the heat that day. One blister on the palm of my strong hand mainly because I never knew how to get a good grip on a gun anyway!

Though I have worn the grips down a bit over the years it is still to this day my favorite carry gun and has never failed to meet a challenge in any of my shooting where it be training, sports or plinking!

Yea, I do shoot other Glocks but I only carry that G-27 in the hot sultry days of numerous travels and working situations I encounter on a daily bases. The G-23's only come out in the winter time for carry.

That was Great, Thanks for sharing the story.

JMGlock
08-29-2012, 08:39

Thanks.
Globe-I see your question has generated some great discussion and opinions. In my opinion the 27 is by far the favorite glock model of myself and the majority of my co-workers as we all carry it as backup and off duty. Use good shooting form and you will be just as accurate as any other glock you would try. I may be biased as I put 200-300 rounds thru mine a week, but recoil is completely controllable for multiple follow up shots.
And as others have said, you can always drop in the Lonewolf 9mm barrel conversion for $100 and have 2 guns for the price of 1. Cheers

itstime
08-29-2012, 08:42
I can shoot mine well target style. It is a bit snappy. If i shoot fast with it it starts to go places not intended. Not to the sky but not a nice center mass I would like.

scccdoc
08-29-2012, 08:43
Yeah, it's snappy. Wouldn't trade it...........period. It's SD not 200 rd range gun.......... DOC

truetopath
08-29-2012, 08:57
Love my Gen3 27 no regrets at all, and I carry it everyday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MikeG36
08-29-2012, 09:03
Glockrunner, that was a great read. Thanks for the post.

"Cold Dead Hands" !
08-29-2012, 23:32
G27 is good.
But, I could just as easily carry a G23 instead.

Frank V
08-30-2012, 11:30
Glockrunner great post. You just nailed most of the reasons. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I had one, traded it off & now I wish I hadn't. It is snappy, but if I had it back today I think I'd shoot it just like I shoot a SA with my finger curled under the butt, & forget the unimportant details.
It was fully as accurate & maybe more so than the G22. Get one, if you want it. I wish I still had mine.:embarassed:
Frank

Eric2340
08-31-2012, 10:10
The G-27 was too snappy for me, and I did own one. I went with the G-26........................more accurate with 9mm............

I had the same issue, and now have the 26 and am much happier shooting it in this frame size.

I also have had two G23s, a 35, 17, 19, 34, 21, 30, 21SF, and 30SF.

While the 27 functioned PERFECTLY just like the rest of them, it was the hardest to control and get hits w/ of all of them. :(

Personally, I think the 23 is about the most perfect of all of them given all going for it (size, caliber, capacity), but in the baby Glock frame size, the 26 is the way to go. I'd honestly say I shoot it just as well as I do all the others I've had if not better than some of them.

HTH

devildog66
08-31-2012, 13:01
I picked up a used 27 with NS and a CT laser. I really like the pistol but find that the laser in most circumstances is like having an extra thumb. It seems like a great idea but there is little practical use for it. Have had no issues whatsoever with recoil or inaccuracy.

Eric2340
08-31-2012, 16:39
BTW, I was running Pearce Grip extensions on my G27 too. GREAT extensions, they work perfect, but that still did not help.

I am now running the much smaller and flat GAP Ind floor plate extensions on my G26 and I have NO problems w/ it. :)

So in other words w/ PLENTY of grip on my G27 I could still not control it well, and w/ next to NO grip on my G26 I shoot it damn near perfect. That says a LOT in my book as to how it works for ME. Your mileage may vary..............................

HTH

TheExplorer
08-31-2012, 16:54
BTW, I was running Pearce Grip extensions on my G27 too. GREAT extensions, they work perfect, but that still did not help.

I am now running the much smaller and flat GAP Ind floor plate extensions on my G26 and I have NO problems w/ it. :)

So in other words w/ PLENTY of grip on my G27 I could still not control it well, and w/ next to NO grip on my G26 I shoot it damn near perfect. That says a LOT in my book as to how it works for ME. Your mileage may vary..............................

HTH

Good to know. I've now found (with another few hundred rounds) the 27 w/x-grip is the most difficult to control of the Glocks for me. 23 was great, and I feel more comfortable carrying it.

Kingarthurhk
08-31-2012, 17:39
I think they are neat little pistols. Even with a tungsten guiderod and a 22lb spring, you know you shot it. They are accurate and do the job. Also, you can get a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm through them. But, I already have a G26.

nraman
08-31-2012, 17:50
I think they are neat little pistols. Even with a tungsten guiderod and a 22lb spring, you know you shot it. They are accurate and do the job. Also, you can get a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm through them. But, I already have a G26.

What about a G33 357Sig barrel?
I wonder if anybody finds the 357Sig easier to control.

Slug71
08-31-2012, 17:55
What about a G33 357Sig barrel?
I wonder if anybody finds the 357Sig easier to control.

Yeh you can get a G33 barrel. The G27 mags will work just fine with .357sig too.

From what i've read the .357sig isn't as snappy as .40 but still has a good kick.
Loud and lots of flash too.

snowbird.40
08-31-2012, 18:00
I've owned and carried a G27 for most of my Glock career (about 7 years). Never had an issue with reliability and I shot them fine in IDPA matches, just didn't want to rush my double taps because they 'sprayed' a bit. Only reason I'm switching to a Gen 4 Model 26 is the quicker double taps I can get in the IDPA Classifier ... so I can maybe make Expert in SSP, which I couldn't do with the G27 or G23.

These are great SD handguns, especially loaded with 155 or 165 bonded HP rounds, according to Massad Ayoob in the GATE forum. I've carried mine with 180 grain Federal HST loads and never felt under gunned.

Go for it.

grapony
08-31-2012, 19:46
I really like mine, it's the EXO edition. My M&P 40c is a good pistol also but I wouldn't get rid of either one of them.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/grapony/g27.jpg

Globetruck
10-15-2012, 18:05
I'm still waiting to try a G27. Given my love for the 23, the 27 is likely my next gun. Probably a few conversion barrels in my future as well. If only I could win powerball!

Frank V
10-15-2012, 19:18
My only regret is having traded the one I had!!!:crying:

dusty200001
10-15-2012, 19:24
Lol its not bad recoil unless your a candy. But seriously its not bad at all you shouldn't have a problem.

Med. Cheese
10-15-2012, 21:24
I love mine. I could go with a 23 for more mag capacity, but I wanted the ultra concealability of the 27. I tuck it in with khakis and a dress shirt, but I don't want to go the pocket gun route. Shooting the 27 is just fine. In fact, I was very accurate with it- better than expected for a barrel that short.

SpecOps-13
10-16-2012, 07:04
I bought a G27 Holster from Sneaky Pete's. Looks like a small tablet case to wear on the belt. Fit is almost perfect but not quite. I had to modify a magazine extension to fill the slack. Nice Glove leather. Design isn't bad but I can do much better for the 26-27-31 and will, eventually.

I developed a holster for the LCP and it's working out great. It feeds the little pistol to you with one pull on the rip cord. Lasermax is activated when the gun is drawn. Fairly water resistant too. Bought the materials to make more. Just need to to find time in my shooting / writing time to make them in quantity.

Dave

TheExplorer
10-16-2012, 07:06
I highly suggest trying one out first. It has now become my least favorite Glock. The control is just not there as in other Glocks.

BADOS
10-16-2012, 08:44
Love my Glock 27. Dead on accurate and love carrying it concealed. Depending where I carry, I may use the standard mag or the Glock 23, 13 rounder with spacer.

Frank V
10-16-2012, 09:19
I used to carry a std G22 mag for reloads after raising a blood blister on the heel of my hand reloading with the G27 mag. I'd carry the G27 mag in the gun, but for a reload I'd use the longer G22 mag. After a lot of range testing to be sure it was 100%!
Frank

Java Junky
10-16-2012, 19:16
'Don't fire it as much as the 23, but enough for a comparison. Is it a little more head-strong than the 23? Yeah. I guess it is . . but it's nothing that'd make me regret havin'er in the stable.
No complaints.
No regrets.
No. You can't try mine.

ChrisYZFR1
10-16-2012, 22:54
Love my 27. I have carried it as a back up gun for 4 years. I also carry it off duty every once in a while. I cut a hogue grip to fit it and it is 100% better. I carry a spare G22 for reloads.

Rex G
10-17-2012, 01:03
I did not keep my G27 very long. Recoil was not a problem, though muzzle blast was not entertaining, and I seem to recall practical accuracy being, at least, satisfactory. It was the blocky slide that turned me off. Concealed, off the clock, I elected to carry one of my G22 duty pistols, as it seemed not much more difficult to conceal it, rather than the G27. That protruding, blocky rear of the Glock slide is what I found frustrating to conceal, and in that regard the G22 and G27 are the same. At work, for concealed back-up, I reverted to my Ruger SP101.

Edited to add: I do remember thinking to myself, when I sold my .40 Glocks back then, that I should eventually acquire a G26, so apparently I saw some merit in this size Glock, in spite of not caring much for the
G27. As I recently bought a G17, for orthopedic reasons, in the hope my chief would soon authorize 9mm as an alternative duty pistol cartridge, I am considering a G26 purchase more strongly. Of course, for the sake of interchangeability of the longer magazines in an emergency, it makes sense for someone who uses .40 Glocks to have a G27 rather than a G26, though some warn against using longer magazines in the "baby" Glocks. I had no functioning problems, however, with a G23 magazine in my G27.

cadillacguns
10-17-2012, 06:42
I shoot, and carry mine plenty, I would shoot it every day if I could, I do not notice much difference in felt recoil between my G-27 or G-26.

I would not trade mine for anything..............

OliverLeveritt
10-22-2012, 22:06

Thanks.

I had a G23. I sold it and bought a G22 and a G27. I found that the G23 didn't quite fit my hand like either of the others. It needed a bit of wrist correction to the right, but either of the other pistols, I could grab and point, finding that the barrel was aligned with the bones in my arm, and the front sight easily fell in the groove.

At 5 yards, I shoot as tight a group with the G27 as I do with the G22. At 10 yards, there is a bit more spread in the groups with the G27. 5 yards or less falls more in the SD range of fire, though.

Sure, the G22 is a fist-full of pistol, but I don't notice any problem shooting the G27, even with a 2-finger grip. I'd suspect that anyone who does have a serious problem controlling a G27 needs some grip remediation, more so than pistol replacement.

Yes, the G26 might be a bit "easier" to shoot in rapid-fire circumstances. You might also need the extra rounds in-target for a SD scenario. I dunno.

If you tend to fear something, you won't do as well with it. See how natural your line of sight is with a G27 vs a G23. You can do that at a gun shop. That was the telling point for me. There was a small bit of difference in the way they fit in my hand.

I want a G17 and a G26 -- purely to save money on ammo. I may do conversions for that. The G27 will be the primary carry piece. Of course, I can carry the G22 in the right fanny pack and no one will know the difference. In coat / jacket weather, same thing.

336bl
10-22-2012, 22:34
no ... :)

wolf19r
10-23-2012, 09:57
See if you can test fire one first if your concerned about how you will like it. Mine moves a little when shooting quick shots but its very manageable. The only thing I did was add the grip extension other wise its all stock.

Java Junky
10-23-2012, 11:04
Not exactly on-topic, but 27-related.
For whudd'it's worth: replaced the stock guide-rod spring (17) with a 14 to enable lighter-duty family members a better shot at loading the 27.
'Result was occasional stoppages, with the slide not completely forward, next round unloaded.
'Stock guide-rod and spring replaced.
'Haven't retested, but anticipate the previously perfect operation that the 27 had given me prior to my @*#&in' with it.

Boot Stomper
10-23-2012, 19:39
Nope. No regrets on G27 purchase.

SNH Glocks
10-23-2012, 20:17
I bought a Gen3 G27 for CCW. I liked it so much I bought another just for range use.

firstg19
10-23-2012, 21:25
yes, i own a g27 and wish i had a g26 for ccw. I own a g26, but it's my wifes and follow up shots are much quicker with the 26 and you get more rounds. When i bought the 27 i was big on having a bigger caliber. I'm over the 40 vs. 9mm thing now and feel comfortable with a 9mm and good hp's. Now i just need to feel confident in purchasing my first gen4 and I'm still not there yet.

chrisw670
10-23-2012, 23:33
I had the opportunity to shoot the 26 and 27 side by side at the range before I made a purchase. I ended up getting the 26. The recoil on the 27 wasn't horrible by any means, but getting back on target for a quick second shot was faster with the 26 and that second shot was consistantly more accurate.

snowbird.40
10-25-2012, 19:42
My first Glock was a G27 back in 2004 and I've owned at least three more. I've shot them very well in IDPA matches all over the country. Down here in the Phoenix area I've shot my G27 at the local rod&gun club and have exchanged notes with several others who shoot them in competition and carry them wherever they go ... in fact, one of the guys on the line is a man who recently retired from the local police department and the ONLY gun he now owns is a G27.

It might be a little snappier but that doesn't diminish its inherent accuracy and they are VERY reliable guns that never gave me a bit of trouble.

twag4
10-25-2012, 19:49
My only regret with my g27 is not buying one earlier.

Mr Spock
10-25-2012, 19:56
I consistently shoot my 27 better than my 19, follow-up shots and controlled pairs/failure drills included. If the recoil is too much, I mean no offense when I say work out your arms and your grip, because it is really not all that much.

t4terrific
10-28-2012, 15:56
Thanks for the constructive criticism. Hogue's slip on grip works, too. I am just so turned off to the pistol that I don't even bother shooting it anymore. Strangely , most of the propective buyers who shot my pistol are cops, too.

Sounds made up. Do you make stuff up on the internet?

Globetruck
10-31-2012, 18:18
Ok, I finally went to an indoor range that rents both the 26 and 27. I shot 100 rounds through both. And the results: INCONCLUSIVE!!!

- 26, shooting 124 grain bulk ammo: definitely had less recoil and quicker, more accurate follow up shots. But it also had a 5lb trigger, which made for a fairly easy pull. I definitely had tighter groupings.
- 27, shooting blazer brass 165 grain. Recoil was more, but honestly not bad by any stretch of the imagination. Seemed about the same as my 23. My groupings were slightly wider, but this gun had an 8.5 lb trigger. I did find myself occasionally readjusting my grip between shots.

The drill: 50 shots through each just to play around. Then, 15 shots at 5 yards, then 15 shots at 10 yards, then 10 shots at 15 yards, shooting slowly and methodically. Then, I got a fresh target and did 10 more shots out of each gun - picking it up from the table, rapidly aiming, and shooting a single shot as quickly as I could, at a distance of 5 yards. My results were about the same for each gun.

Pics to follow...

Globetruck
10-31-2012, 18:22
Pics attached
1. G27 (40 cal) 40 controlled shots from 5-15 yards.
2. G26 (9mm) 40 controlled shots from 5-15 yards.
3. 10 rapid fire shots from each. 228786228787

barth
10-31-2012, 18:35
My only regret with my g27 is not buying one earlier.

+1
That's freaking hilarious.
I went for 20+ years of shooting and owning a variety of handguns
before I finally couldn't resist the allure any longer.
Bought my first and only Glock, a gen 3 G27, about a year ago.
She's still one of my favorite guns to carry and shoot.

Letting off steam at close range a few days ago -
(Storm Lake 40-9mm barrel with Ghost 3.5/NY1 and Big Dots)
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo40/e0/90/1fec21e6c63a__1351541121000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

336bl
11-01-2012, 00:49
I served as an LEO from 1975 to 2007. I cut my teeth on S&W revolvers in .357 Magnum. Unless you've shot a Model 19 with wooden grips, you don't know recoil. I'm 63 now and shoot a whole lot more now that I am retired and have the time. I own about ten Glocks. I don't find the 27 to be "snappy" or recoil hard. I often shoot the 27 one-handed at close range, maybe 10 feet, because if you have to use it in an emergency it's going to be close and you probably won't have time for a two-handed stance. The 27 (and 26) are fine pistols. The only modifications I made were to add night sights and Talon grips. As for "stopping power", if I had a dollar for every person I saw shot dead with FMJ .380 acp, I could have a pretty good steak dinner. Take care.
i totally agree--after starting life shooting a S&W 2 1/2" Model 66 and a SP-101 in .357 Magnum the recoil of the .40S&W in a Glock 27 is not as bad as many on this forum would like you to believe--i do own a 26, but the 27 is my everyday BUG... :)

pstan13
11-02-2012, 20:27
It looks like most people like the G27. I am glad about that because I just ordered aG27 Gen 4 yesterday.

frankmako
11-02-2012, 20:42

plus one. i got one and it is no worst than the g22 and/or g23 to me.

"Cold Dead Hands" !
11-03-2012, 00:16
[QUOTE=Globetruck;19318750]I love my G23 gen 4 and my gen 3 G22 has been very reliable. I'd like to get a 27, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews due to the snappy recoil.

Thanks.[/

Sorry, but Glocks are only good for about 199 rounds.
Then you got to dispose of them.
Basically, a 199 shot disposable gun.

"Cold Dead Hands" !
11-03-2012, 01:26
G27 is fine for carry.
G26 would score better in IDPA competition, where quick double taps are required.
Shot both a lot
Most people should stick with 9mm.
Espessially new shooters.
Seen many new shooters do lousy with .40's, but good with 9mm.

AK47Man
11-03-2012, 17:38
Love my Gen 3 G27...I carry it with me when I am on foot...Have my trusty G30 in my car while driving...Great gun...No problems what so ever...

joeshdog
11-03-2012, 19:56
Have 23 and 27 both gen3 and love both. I hope the guys that warn the 27 is too snappy grip their coffee with both hands so the cup doesnt turn in their hand and spill and burn them. Not sure but they may still make cap guns.

ratchetjaw
11-04-2012, 01:03
I recently got a g27 and love it. Wish I had got one earlier. Also have a g26 (along with 30sf, g19, g29,g23,g20,g36 and just traded a XDS) and the g27 tops them all for me.

Hate I didn't get one earlier worrying about the snap in the small size. To me its tamer or the same as a 9 with +p ammo. If I had bought the g27 first it would have saved me a lot of money on some of my other guns.

Opie 1 Kenopie
11-04-2012, 01:43
I've never understood why someone would think the .40 is to snappy in the g23 or G22. Real men used to carry big bore revolvers with real snap. Keep in mind, with that recoil comes power. "My Daisy Red Ryder has no felt recoil! I think it'll be great for SD because I can get fast follow up shots!"

AK47Man
11-04-2012, 06:55
I've never understood why someone would think the .40 is to snappy in the g23 or G22. Real men used to carry big bore revolvers with real snap. Keep in mind, with that recoil comes power. "My Daisy Red Ryder has no felt recoil! I think it'll be great for SD because I can get fast follow up shots!"

LOL...!! Red Ryder...:rofl:

Dogbite
12-04-2012, 17:26
To the op, don't spend one more second worrying about the recoil of this gun. It's really nothing. That whole issue is a tempest in a tea cup. Watch for yourself as it jumps out of the shooters hand and cuts him with every shot!! .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdyq1p7UVAw

Alan Edmonds
12-04-2012, 17:50
I went from a Glock 23 to a 27 because it was = or better on accuracy and recoil was essentially the same.

Globetruck
12-20-2012, 22:14
I finally bought my Gen 4 G27! Thanks for everyone's inputs.

MeatGrinder
12-21-2012, 13:39
I had one and used to carry it. The recoil is NOT that much over a G26. I prefered 135 JHP from Cor-Bon. Never used mags with finger extensions, just put my pinkie under the mag.
And as far as accuracy: Standing I could hit a clay pigeon at 100 yards one out of three shots. The other shots moved the clay pigeon around.

Frank V
12-21-2012, 18:03
I finally bought my Gen 4 G27! Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Congratulations! You are going to like it!:supergrin:
Frank

rrr
12-21-2012, 18:10
Love the G27. It's a littlel snappier than g26 but you get used to it quickly

For cheaper shooting at the range I use 9mm conversion barrel and g26 mag. You get the best of both in one gun

SargeMO
12-21-2012, 18:53
Almost regretted buying one, but not quite. I have an old friend (http://summitgunbroker.com/glocks.html) who deals in police trade-ins and at the time, he had some 27's and 23's for decent prices. I went there with the intention of buying a 27. He had a number of them and I handled them with and without the Pearce extension baseplate. Without an extension, the 27's grip allows me barely 2 fingers of space. It is simply short enough for me to fumble a draw from concealment, and I don't like that.

With the grip extension, it handles better, but if you lay G27 so-equipped over a G23, you'll be startled to see how close in size they are. So I bought a 23 instead.

f350fiver
12-22-2012, 14:22
I am loking forward to getting one. My friends 21 year old daughter just bought one and had to get use to the recoil took some getting used to for her. She knocked out 250 rounds the first time out and would have shot more if she had rounds on hand.

packinaglock
12-22-2012, 17:47

The only time my G27 bothers me is when I run about 300 rounds threw it. Then my hand shakes a little afterwards.

cadillacguns
12-23-2012, 09:08
Nope, Never,:wavey: trust my life with mine.

MajorD
12-23-2012, 09:22
I originally got a 27 for my first subcompact. My other glocks have been 17's 19 35.
Based on keeping 40 on hand for just this one gun, snappy recoil compared to the 9's, and lack of mag compatibility with my 9's resulted in it going away and being replaced by a 26 and do like. The 26 better.
Talk about a free lunch too- the 26 was picked up with a gssf award certificate, had originally bought 27 for 400 and sold it for 400! (The 27 had night sights a d over time mag supply had grown to 7 mags plus all original box/ papers/ cleaning rod, so everyone concerned got a great deal

Roger1079
12-23-2012, 10:10
I originally bought a Gen 3 26. After a while with it, and shooting a 27, i bought a Gen 4 27 and sold the 26. After a year or so, I decided I much prefered the mag release and less abrasive grip of the Gen 3 and sold the Gen 4. I now have a Gen 3 27 and it is my primary carry, being traded off only with a G19 depending on what clothing I am wearing. The only thing I needed to do to it was add a pinky extension to give me the extra grip I needed, but if you have that issue, it will be the same on the 26 as well.

dvrdwn72
12-23-2012, 10:19
I regret it so much I got 2 more.

kirgi08
12-23-2012, 11:44
<<<-- Has 8 of them at the present time,for me it's the perfect package.'08.

tuica
01-09-2013, 15:16
Would the Chad you reference be "Jimmy?" Cheers from '63. <<<-- Has 8 of them at the present time,for me it's the perfect package.'08.

AK47Man
01-09-2013, 17:38
Love my Gen3 G27..I have GAP Finger Rest Extensions on all my mags..Carry this in my front pocket in a Dun Hume IWB holster clipped to my pants pocket with my shirt pulled over it..Cant even tell I am carrying...Loaded with Hornady Critical Defense...

TallPaulSeattle
01-14-2013, 10:24

Thanks.

Get the Gen 4 27, don't buy extensions, and hang on tight. The double spring and the the proper grip size controls the recoil well.

bear62
01-14-2013, 10:29
My G27 is one favorite ccw gun........

4095fanatic
01-14-2013, 10:54
I don't regret the purchase as it was a carry gun and I preferred the .40 S&W round over a 9mm, but if I was buying one for target shooting only I'd definitely go for the 26 with ammo prices being what they are.

kirgi08
01-14-2013, 11:00
Would the Chad you reference be "Jimmy?" Cheers from '63.

No Sir,with respect I refer to a GT member by the name of Chad Landry.He passed on 11/06/12.He was a great friend and a hell of a upstanding man.CJ is good folk.

Pilotdude3407
01-14-2013, 11:02
I don't like that I can't go to the range and plink hundreds and hundreds of rounds due to it wearing on my hand, but no, I couldn't be happier or feel safer. I've got the old girl IWB right now enjoying my lunch. Get it!

ChiTownPicaro
01-14-2013, 12:57
I prefer 9mm in my Glocks and bought the 26. I have friends that like their 27 but all of my Glocks are in 9mm making it easier to keep all of them in the same family with magazines and other parts.

gusbuster
01-15-2013, 01:00
I got a Gen4 G27, and I put in a G33 barrel in it. Not because of the recoil, I just like the 357 Sig round better. I do follow up shots are a little quicker, and accuracy is better.

tuica
01-15-2013, 14:58
Just purchased one yesterday. Late Gen 3 (9.5.2012). New for $519...Glock #6. There's no end to it! Cheers.

kirgi08
01-15-2013, 15:03
We got 9 G27s.'08. :scared:

tuica
01-15-2013, 15:35
I was referring to the Chad who portrayed "Jimmy" in the Who's album "Quadrophenia." He also died (way too young) this past year. Did not know him, just noted the passing. Cheers.

No Sir,with respect I refer to a GT member by the name of Chad Landry.He passed on 11/06/12.He was a great friend and a hell of a upstanding man.CJ is good folk.

chemboy
01-15-2013, 16:03
Never had a Glock I regretted buying-and I have bought a few! Had a few that I regretted selling, however. :cry:

wirenut
01-15-2013, 18:42
No but I sure regret selling one lol

cadillacguns
01-16-2013, 11:28
NO!:dunno:

1smoothredneck
01-16-2013, 19:06
I love mine. It is a small, powerful gun. As such, hold it with a crush grip, with pinkie curled under grip frame. Aggressive stance, smooth roll of trigger....repeat as needed. For what it's worth, 180 grain bullets will be more forgiving than hot mid weight stuff, although I like hot 155-165 grain bullets better than the subsonic stuff. My favorite is Cor-Bon's 135grain JHP.

Dirknar
01-17-2013, 00:00
Never had a Glock I regretted buying-and I have bought a few! Had a few that I regretted selling, however. :cry:

Bingo! Why oh why did i sell my G21SFNS..

boomhower
01-17-2013, 12:13
Actually I did. I had a Gen 3 and I just couldn't shoot it. Don't have a clue why but me and that gun just didn't get a long. It wasn't a pinky thing as my current carry is a shorty and I shoot it just fine. I dunno.

DB1
01-18-2013, 21:54
Bought a Glock 27. Recoil problem is slightly exaggerated IMP. The glock guns are great.

rolltide_pisco
01-18-2013, 21:57
I'm gonna say everyone has a different opinion. However, you're talking to someone who just put one on layaway today. Looking forward to try it out

franco4027
01-20-2013, 18:16
I have heard the recoil issues too and after I shot a sigma in 40 i was concerned but for some reason the g27 feels like a 9mm+P to me

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Tedge
01-20-2013, 22:15
no ... :) This!

tonyparson
01-20-2013, 22:42
No regrets here. I just bought a Gen 4 G27 today and I love it. The bad thing is, I let my wife shoot it too. I'm now looking to buy me a G27 now. :supergrin:

DrtyHarry
01-20-2013, 22:51
LOVE my G3 G27! It's my primary carry in the summer and it never let me down. You can change calibers, mag capacities, add sleeves, etc. One of my favorite handguns that I own. Makes for a perfect BUG in the winter.

DH

Blueacehunter
01-20-2013, 23:02
I have a Gen 4 I just bought. I freaking love this thing. I have only shot about 250 through it but it won't take much more to shoot as good as I do my brothers gen 3 23. I shot 9 rounds one big hole and one was a flyer still on paper though (9 plus 1 in the chamber) at 10 ft. It was the first time that gun had been shot.

mikegun
01-21-2013, 00:08
I have a 27 and a 23, i never carry the 27 as i cant stand the grip on it, feels like it will fly out of my hand when i draw it, i think ill sell it gen 3, never fired with 9mm extera lone wold barrel....

w4dov
02-26-2013, 16:24

Thanks.

bought a G27 Gen3 last week. Took it out yesterday and put 250 rounds through it. No problems at all.

I bought for 3 reasons. 1) it's a Glock 2) it's a .40 and 3) it's a Glock.

multo17
02-27-2013, 01:34
No regrets & I love my G27! To me, it recoils just fine, & not too "snappy" at all! I really like the 40S&W round!:cool:

kingdong
02-27-2013, 04:29
I did. Something just wasn't right with the gun I didn't care for the way it shot. I was used to my 26 which I shot very well but when we switched over to 40 caliber I traded up for a 27. Maybe I didn't give it a chance but I never warmed up to it. So I then traded it for a 23 which I like and find as easy to conceal. I feel that any 9 millimeter Glock owner may be a little biased so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Pops 1
02-27-2013, 08:48
no but i sure regret selling one lol

+1.....

mdrums
02-27-2013, 11:13
I wouldn't say I exactly regretting getting a G27. It shot great but I ultimately felt it was too snappy with the .40 cal round and a little bulky to conceal all the time. I sold it and bought a Shield in 9mm.

drcotlar
02-27-2013, 19:44
That is just about a 3rd of what I paid for it. Your generosity is boundless.

I am kind of thinking the offer is not meant to be a serious one.

drcotlar
02-27-2013, 20:20

I assume you mean traded the 9mm for the 49 cal. The 26 cannot be converted to a 27.

drcotlar
02-27-2013, 22:27
I had one and used to carry it. The recoil is NOT that much over a G26. I prefered 135 JHP from Cor-Bon. Never used mags with finger extensions, just put my pinkie under the mag.
And as far as accuracy: Standing I could hit a clay pigeon at 100 yards one out of three shots. The other shots moved the clay pigeon around.

I thought I was the only one who could do that.

KPglock
02-27-2013, 22:39
I have a gen3 G27. I like the fact that it's snappy. It reminds me that it is a powerful weapon. It can be a handful, but it is by no means uncontrollable.

nostalgiaguy
02-27-2013, 23:42
I let mine go. It is the only Glock I ever sold. Just never was a huge fan of it. My 26 is my everyday carry and much more user friendly.