The taste of winning over the dumb gun laws... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The taste of winning over the dumb gun laws...

Nestor
08-17-2012, 21:10
well...sort of.
This is the evil gun...well...at least according to the Canadian gun laws. Prohibited class. Barrel is 4", so it's big no-no here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Admon/SWmodel10-8.jpg

Despite all that I still can legally own this piece.
Why?
Obviously back in the days S&W made a short run of model 10 revolvers with hair of an inch longer barrel (jeezzz I don't even know, but it's something like less than 1mm) that is making this gun restricted here and at the same time, legal to own.
Why am I posting this?
Just as a signal to You guys down South about the stupid politicians and regulators.
With all those shootings going on lately just don't let those idiots change anything, because You may end up with something similar to the example showed just above.
Best of luck to You :wavey:

arclight610
08-17-2012, 21:19
well...sort of.
This is the evil gun...well...at least according to the Canadian gun laws. Prohibited class. Barrel is 4", so it's big no-no here.

Why?
Obviously back in the days S&W made a short run of model 10 revolvers with hair of an inch longer barrel (jeezzz I don't even know, but it's something like less than 1mm) that is making this gun restricted here and at the same time, legal to own.
Why am I posting this?
Just as a signal to You guys down South about the stupid politicians and regulators.
With all those shootings going on lately just don't let those idiots change anything, because You may end up with something similar to the example showed just above.

I don't get how its restricted yet still legal to own. Could you elaborate on this for me?

frank4570
08-17-2012, 21:23
Dang it Nestor. We WANT you down here in the states. It is our loss that you are not here.

Nestor
08-17-2012, 21:24
Restricted means legal - You just need a license to own the gun.
Prohibited means illegal to own even if You have the license (this class is kind of confusing - as some people may own the grandfathered firearms even if they are prohibited).

Nestor
08-17-2012, 21:27
Dang it Nestor. We WANT you down here in the states. It is our loss that you are not here.

Thanks.
My wife is about to graduate from the licensed nurse program here in Alberta.
Once she'll get some more practice and maybe upgrade to registered nurse I may steer her job search South of the border ;)
Not like it's the plan or anything...but who knows?

Zombie Steve
08-17-2012, 22:17
Nestor - you're my favorite Polish Canadian. It's true. We do need to get you down here...

By the way - nice roscoe. I always liked that barrel profile.

motorcyclist
08-18-2012, 06:52
Hopefully the recent shootings don't screw things up for you Canadians either. Politicians tend to ignore borders when it suits them.

Bill Keith
08-18-2012, 07:08
You'd make a fine Texan! You could also move to the panhandle and freeze your butt off and feel like your back in Canada. Come a blue Norther, there isn't anything between you and the frigid arctic but a barbed wire fence! I carried mail in Amarillo as a young man and it took til I was 34 to escape to warmer weather.:rofl:

DonD
08-18-2012, 08:01
Anti gun laws and logical can't exist in the same sentence, oxymorons. Those who generate the laws are simply morons, malicious ones at that. Don

Nestor
08-18-2012, 08:24
You'd make a fine Texan! You could also move to the panhandle and freeze your butt off and feel like your back in Canada. Come a blue Norther, there isn't anything between you and the frigid arctic but a barbed wire fence! I carried mail in Amarillo as a young man and it took til I was 34 to escape to warmer weather.:rofl:

To be perfectly honest, before coming to Canada we tried moving to the USA with no success. Probably because we were going the legal way :whistling:
Thanks!

Nestor
08-18-2012, 08:26
Hopefully the recent shootings don't screw things up for you Canadians either. Politicians tend to ignore borders when it suits them.

Leftists are already screaming and crying out loud here :rofl:

ithaca_deerslayer
08-18-2012, 08:33
Nice looking gun.

What are you going to use it for? I bet you can get some good .38 loads in the 4".

By the way, the most recent IDPA magazine has article and pics about the Polish national championship IDPA event.

Nestor
08-18-2012, 08:36
Nice looking gun.

What are you going to use it for? I bet you can get some good .38 loads in the 4".

By the way, the most recent IDPA magazine has article and pics about the Polish national championship IDPA event.

Thanks. I'm going to do regular practice with this revolver as I carry 10-8 at work daily. Other than that it will stay with me for the sentimental reasons and as the best proof how stupid the gun laws are ;)
Poland seems so far away those days...and I'm not even talking the distance here. It's been only 4 years, but it feels like it was so long ago...

pennlineman
08-18-2012, 09:02
Pretty gun, stupid law. Congrats on another fine S&W Nestor.

FireForged
08-18-2012, 09:08
The barrel looks longer than 4 in to me.

ca survivor
08-18-2012, 09:19
Congrats on a fine revolver and winning one, for the gun owners.

Nestor
08-18-2012, 09:28
The barrel looks longer than 4 in to me.

Probably because of the way I took that picture.
Here is another picture with M10 5" tapered barrel lying next to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Admon/IMG_3885.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Admon/IMG_3886.jpg

Nestor
08-18-2012, 09:29
Pretty gun, stupid law. Congrats on another fine S&W Nestor.

Congrats on a fine revolver and winning one, for the gun owners.

Thanks Guys.

DonD
08-18-2012, 09:47
To be perfectly honest, before coming to Canada we tried moving to the USA with no success. Probably because we were going the legal way :whistling:
Thanks!

Yeah, our laws are biased against anyone with abilities other than manual labor or those with any education. My RN wife worked with a Dr who spent several years and over $10,000 to get here legally and become a citizen. Don :upeyes:

jph02
08-18-2012, 09:57
well...sort of.

Why?
Why am I posting this?
Another key point you neglected to mention about this evil gun: every time someone pulls the trigger, it fires a round until all ammunition is expended! It has virtually limitless lethality! Not to mention the fact bullets will go every direction the gun is pointed in... :faint:

Wyoming
08-18-2012, 10:55
Nestor if you need some one in America to sponsor you and your wife if you decide to immigrate here you can us here on Glock Talk.:supergrin:

On second thought maybe not! :shocked:

The really really really dumb thing is if you ever came south you would have a hard and expensive job trying to repatriate those S&W revolvers. It would be easier and cheaper to sell them there for a loss and replace them after you are here.

So much for "common sense gun law" the Nancy P talks about.:whistling:

4 glocks
08-18-2012, 11:43
Anti gun laws and logical can't exist in the same sentence, oxymorons. Those who generate the laws are simply morons, malicious ones at that. Don

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ospNRk2uM3U

Watch this, calling this US congress woman a moron is an insult to all morons.

DonD
08-18-2012, 12:37
Watch this, calling this US congress woman a moron is an insult to all morons.

McCarthy, to the best of my knowledge has done nothing in her several tours in Congress but introduce one idiotic bill after another. As the video clip shows, she's so stupid that she doesn't even know what is in her own bill.

Sen Slimestain (Feinstein) introduced a bill where she just went through a catalog and wanted to ban any gun she felt looked "scary." Great legislative effort there.

Talking head wasn't too great either, referring to a semi auto assault weapon. Semi autos are by definition, not assault weapons. The left has succeeded in permanently, it appears, confused the non shooting public as to what an assault weapon really is. Don