PDA

View Full Version : Topton, PA 2012 Debriefing & Photo Thread

DannyR
08-17-2012, 22:17
Please post your stories & photos here.:wavey:

lethal tupperwa
08-18-2012, 19:42
Just a note:

There is no longer a 10 ft grandfather clock at Premise Maid.

The parents of the adorable child that destroyed it had this to say

It was old any way.

No wonder the kid was so destructive with someone elses property.

That clock had stood there for 25 years.

Oh yeah the weather was perfect.

PM720
08-18-2012, 21:57
Just a note:

There is no longer a 10 ft grandfather clock at Premise Maid.

The parents of the adorable child that destroyed it had this to say

It was old any way.

No wonder the kid was so destructive with someone elses property.

That clock had stood there for 25 years.

Oh yeah the weather was perfect.

:faint::faint::faint:

lethal tupperwa
08-19-2012, 14:51
another note

Body surfing in or on a parking lot will NEVER become an Olympic sport.

Ouch!

kilr318
08-19-2012, 20:57
Although the final tally may be modified, according to the GSSF staff, we ran a club-record 408 entries at Topton this weekend! The weather was great Saturday, with 177 shooters processed. Sunday was our busiest ever which is what drove the number of entries to the new record, eclisping the 2011 record of 355.
My thanks go out to all the volunteers who helped with setup on Friday and everyone who worked together all weekend until the match teardown was complete.
GSSF will return to Topton in 2013!!!
Best regards,
Dave Miller

youngann
08-20-2012, 05:01
Dave, as usual, you ran a very smooth match - thank you! We had a fun weekend and it was a pleasure working with you.

MajorD
08-20-2012, 07:13
I shot on sunday and things ran as well as they could considering the volume of shooters. I try to shoot on sundays as they are usually not as busy as saturday, and any operational bugs have been worked out. I don't think I have ever been to a match on sunday with so many shooters. Not that I am complaining but it did make for a long day, especially with a 350 mile drive home after.
I would suggest to anyone that brings a brand new shooter to definitely take them to the side match/warm up range and run them through the procedures that will take place on the firing line to smooth things out and keep things running a bit faster. I know we have to be patient with new shooters- we were all there at one time- but getting them warmed up a little to understand better what they are doing and calm the nerves a bit would help everyone- but especially the new shooter a lot.

DannyR
08-20-2012, 08:39
Dave Miller has been putting on a fine match at Topton for many, many years. Hopefully, I'll be able to shoot Topton next year, perhaps even help RO.:wavey:

misunderestimated
08-20-2012, 09:41
Although the final tally may be modified, according to the GSSF staff, we ran a club-record 408 entries at Topton this weekend! The weather was great Saturday, with 177 shooters processed. Sunday was our busiest ever which is what drove the number of entries to the new record, eclisping the 2011 record of 355.
My thanks go out to all the volunteers who helped with setup on Friday and everyone who worked together all weekend until the match teardown was complete.
GSSF will return to Topton in 2013!!!
Best regards,
Dave Miller

Great Job with the match,

Who won the Club Raffle gun

kilr318
08-20-2012, 18:25
Great Job with the match,

Who won the Club Raffle gun
The club raffle gun was won by E. Eckert of Easton, PA. Naturally, he was very pleased when I called to notify him! The other certificates designated by random drawing to the staff went to J. Dietrich, S.Bani, C.Aungst, and A.Hunsicker. My policy has always been to award as many certificates to staff as possible and use the club raffle gun proceeds to refill the club's coffers and keep the lights on 'til next year!

kilr318
08-20-2012, 18:28
I shot on sunday and things ran as well as they could considering the volume of shooters. I try to shoot on sundays as they are usually not as busy as saturday, and any operational bugs have been worked out. I don't think I have ever been to a match on sunday with so many shooters. Not that I am complaining but it did make for a long day, especially with a 350 mile drive home after.
I would suggest to anyone that brings a brand new shooter to definitely take them to the side match/warm up range and run them through the procedures that will take place on the firing line to smooth things out and keep things running a bit faster. I know we have to be patient with new shooters- we were all there at one time- but getting them warmed up a little to understand better what they are doing and calm the nerves a bit would help everyone- but especially the new shooter a lot.
If we get sufficient range staff commitments for next year, we plan to have three setups of Glock 'M and three Five to Glock stages to increase shooter throughput.
Dave Miller

Racer BA
08-20-2012, 22:01
Dave, I've been doing this for a very long time...but if Bryan is there again next year, I will have to decline since he obviously does not know how to handle ROs. As a matter of fact, because of him, I may not shoot another GSSF match again. I have contemplated to give up Glocks altogether. Most people know me to be very patient and very outgoing and very forgiving. What Bryan said and did was unforgivable and very egotistic on his part. Very bad way to represent Glock and alienate a lifetime Glock supporter.