Hickok shoots the P226 Navy Mk25... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hickok shoots the P226 Navy Mk25...

bunk22
08-17-2012, 23:02
...of course I'm biased as I own a 226 Navy, sometimes called the Mk24 though not sure if that's correct. I think it's just the Sig P226 Navy. Anyway, mine has the phosphate internals, chrome lined barrel, Sig rail and the anchor. The Mk25 is the same gun but with the 1913 picatinny rail, night sights and the UID label but same gun otherwise. I got my Sig Navy for $840 out the door, so less expensive that some of the standard 226's. Being long time Navy, I had to have that anchor :embarassed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U32Hqp9QEjo

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U32Hqp9QEjo)

86brick
08-17-2012, 23:13
I was waiting to see him shoot a 226, that was a nice video and I enjoyed his SEAL humor as well.:cool:

plouffedaddy
08-18-2012, 06:21
http://youtu.be/U32Hqp9QEjo

Fixed it....

ca survivor
08-19-2012, 10:53
thanks for posting.

SPIN2010
08-19-2012, 11:23
That is one of the things you have to really watch out for with SIG NH is model overlap and actual build. :faint:

I got a great (not asked for) P226 education through the SIG custom shop a few years ago.

The P226 NAVY, MK25, and Combat are close but not the same. The original NAVY (which is now missing) evolved to the MK25, which is a combination of the NAVY & Combat models. The old NAVY did not have the phosphate internals and mags (but it could have, as it was a case by case basis ... SIG quality at its' finest). The Combat model always had the phosphate internals (but again, some did not get it you have to check them closely when you open the box. Surprise!)

The new MK25 is supposed to have everything the Combat provided and a cool "Anchor" (like the old NAVY model)with a matrix ID badge. Also, the MK25 is supposed to have the double roll pin for service, which oddly the combat did not (but may have).

I think it was stated above something about a chrome lined barrel ... if you have one of those in a P226 it is a one off "Collector's Gold" as SIG has not chrome lined any of the stated models but they have phosphated the outer barrel.

Hope this helps some of the confusion before you buy a new P226 in any of these stated models.

NOTE: You may also ask for a threaded barrel option with the Combat but not the MK25 ... which seems very odd.

bac1023
08-19-2012, 12:28
He makes some great videos.

collim1
08-19-2012, 15:00
Ol Hickok might not have the best form, but he sure can shoot!

He nails 12oz coke cans from 15-20yds time and time again and makes it look easy.

seanmac45
08-19-2012, 15:26
He can shoot some.

bunk22
08-19-2012, 17:41
That is one of the things you have to really watch out for with SIG NH is model overlap and actual build. :faint:

I got a great (not asked for) P226 education through the SIG custom shop a few years ago.

The P226 NAVY, MK25, and Combat are close but not the same. The original NAVY (which is now missing) evolved to the MK25, which is a combination of the NAVY & Combat models. The old NAVY did not have the phosphate internals and mags (but it could have, as it was a case by case basis ... SIG quality at its' finest). The Combat model always had the phosphate internals (but again, some did not get it you have to check them closely when you open the box. Surprise!)

The new MK25 is supposed to have everything the Combat provided and a cool "Anchor" (like the old NAVY model)with a matrix ID badge. Also, the MK25 is supposed to have the double roll pin for service, which oddly the combat did not (but may have).

I think it was stated above something about a chrome lined barrel ... if you have one of those in a P226 it is a one off "Collector's Gold" as SIG has not chrome lined any of the stated models but they have phosphated the outer barrel.

Hope this helps some of the confusion before you buy a new P226 in any of these stated models.

NOTE: You may also ask for a threaded barrel option with the Combat but not the MK25 ... which seems very odd.

My 226 Navy has the anchor and coated internals but other than that, I assume it's just a 226.

Dawolf
08-19-2012, 20:33
It took me a while to get good with the double action of my 226 and 229, but it is still better than any other double action I have shot. Thanks for the video.

SigFTW
08-20-2012, 07:58
Cool video!

Love the Sig P226!