What's the options? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the options?

okie
08-18-2012, 20:22
A friend on mine, B had a friend, M. M buys a go cart and asks B if he can keep it at his place and B said yes you may, well M tore up the go cart and never fixed it. Those two had a falling out and M left the go cart at B's and is gone. Turn up M had bought that cart rent to own and only made one or two payments and the company is lookin for the thing. What are the options on this cart? If we could find out who he bought it from and took it back could that cause any repercussions:headscratch:

robin303
08-18-2012, 20:40
Sounds like B should pay for the repairs and I would get M to take B to small claims court. :dunno:

true believer
08-18-2012, 20:48
:wavey:

Huaco Kid
08-18-2012, 20:53
Fix it. Ride it like a rented mule.

Let M get his credit burned and get theft warrants and stuff.

Build berms and a jump ramp in the back yard.

Lone Wolf8634
08-18-2012, 20:55
Find friends with more than one letter in their name.

okie
08-18-2012, 20:58
Sounds like B should pay for the repairs and I would get M to take B to small claims court. :dunno:

M bought it and broke it, B was just letting M store it at his place. :supergrin:

okie
08-18-2012, 20:59

They do, I just didn't want to use their full names:tongueout::supergrin:

robin303
08-18-2012, 21:31
M bought it and broke it, B was just letting M store it at his place. :supergrin:

:embarassed: Looks like I got to go back to skool. Glad you didn't use numbers okie because I can't find my calculator. :supergrin:

*ASH*
08-18-2012, 21:34
i think O should not get involved unless O wants to lose friends B AND M .

okie
08-18-2012, 21:43
i think O should not get involved unless O wants to lose friends B AND M .

O never liked M and will never loose B's friendship:supergrin:

9jeeps
08-18-2012, 21:58
Sounds like B should shove it to the curb for community distribution.

Lone_Wolfe
08-18-2012, 21:59

:rofl: :rofl:

G17Jake
08-18-2012, 22:02
Are you concerned you may become liable for payment if you call the rightful owner (the rent to own store) and tell them where the cart is?

Hef
08-18-2012, 22:07
Wait for rent-to-own company to show up, then release it upon full payment of storage bill incurred by M.

okie
08-18-2012, 22:11
Are you concerned you may become liable for payment if you call the rightful owner (the rent to own store) and tell them where the cart is?

We don't even know who they are my friend:dunno::supergrin:

okie
08-18-2012, 22:11
Wait for rent-to-own company to show up, then release it upon full payment of storage bill incurred by M.

They who ever they are have no idea where the cart is:dunno:

larry_minn
08-18-2012, 22:27
A friend on mine, B had a friend, M. M buys a go cart and asks B if he can keep it at his place and B said yes you may, well M tore up the go cart and never fixed it. Those two had a falling out and M left the go cart at B's and is gone. Turn up M had bought that cart rent to own and only made one or two payments and the company is lookin for the thing. What are the options on this cart? If we could find out who he bought it from and took it back could that cause any repercussions:headscratch:

Ok think I got it. First off Hef has right idea. Check local laws. Likely something like. B sends certified letter to M. You need to remove cart by (30 days) or storage charges of $50 a month will start. (as you don't have any idea who actually owns it) I would think there might be sticker on frame.

OR you could get serial numbers/make model and go to Police. Ask if they could run it/your concerns. If he ran out on payments they likely reported it/so should be in computer who has title on it.
Do you want it? I have been involved in finding stuff like this Go cart. When found (in dang poor shape or one case just rebuilt with receipts for $$$$) the decision was made to SELL it to current "holder" cheap. They got clear title, place that financed it got something,I got paid. :) (I was not first guy hired to find this tractor) :)

G17Jake
08-18-2012, 22:31

How do you know they are looking for it?

okie
08-18-2012, 23:12
How do you know they are looking for it?

The person that told B that M had rented to own it told us:supergrin:

okie
08-18-2012, 23:14
Ok think I got it. First off Hef has right idea. Check local laws. Likely something like. B sends certified letter to M. You need to remove cart by (30 days) or storage charges of $50 a month will start. (as you don't have any idea who actually owns it) I would think there might be sticker on frame.

OR you could get serial numbers/make model and go to Police. Ask if they could run it/your concerns. If he ran out on payments they likely reported it/so should be in computer who has title on it.
Do you want it? I have been involved in finding stuff like this Go cart. When found (in dang poor shape or one case just rebuilt with receipts for $$$$) the decision was made to SELL it to current "holder" cheap. They got clear title, place that financed it got something,I got paid. :) (I was not first guy hired to find this tractor) :)

I don't want it for sure. Never thought to check the frame for numbers, thanks for the heads up my friend:supergrin:

G17Jake
08-18-2012, 23:21
How many places rent to own go-carts, okie? I have never heard of one. Maybe check the yellow pages?

Geeorge
08-19-2012, 01:54
After you find out who sold it to them call them up and ask how much it's worth to them to get it back

okie
08-19-2012, 07:37
After you find out who sold it to them call them up and ask how much it's worth to them to get it back

We don't care about no reward, we just want the damn thing gone my friend:supergrin:

G17Jake
08-19-2012, 08:51
You should ride it before you get rid of it, okie. Have some fun.

happy seal
08-19-2012, 09:01
:wavey:So Mark lef the cart at Brians' house. Mark is a big boy and has to be responsible for his own possesions.

I have a car but I can't leave it at Dudes' house. See! :wavey:

What kind of cart are we talking about?

Pdave
08-19-2012, 11:10
Sounds like B could be charged with receiving stolen property if he knows the rent to own place has reported it stolen. I would tell B to contact M and tell him he has 24 hrs to get it off his property. If M fails to do that I would have B call the police and let them deal with it.

Resqu2
08-19-2012, 11:28
So what is the main problem? M bought it and broke it so I'm guessing the falling out wasn't cart related? I would call M and ask him to come get it, after that I'd call the police and ask if they were looking for a stolen cart, but that won't work, this is GNG where were not allowed to ever talk to the police.

Buki192327
08-19-2012, 12:58
We don't care about no reward, we just want the damn thing gone my friend:supergrin:

Take it out and dump it in a river or lake, if you have any that aren't dry. :whistling:

Geeorge
08-19-2012, 13:34
Just put it on the curb for heavy trash pickup day

4Rules
08-19-2012, 14:52
Call the police. They'll sort it out.