Precision Delta has my bullets [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Precision Delta has my bullets

njl
08-19-2012, 18:32
For the first time in ages, PD actually has multiple calibers of bullets I want in stock (at the same time). I check every so often, and they never seem to have more than one thing I want at a time. So...I had to order 4k bullets last night.

ALBin517
08-20-2012, 10:09
Last time I ordered PD 124gr JHP, the wait was about a month.

This time - maybe two weeks ago - I ordered a month before I really needed them. But they were in stock this time.

njl
08-20-2012, 10:37
Generally, if the bullets you order are in stock, the only delay is shipping time. If you order something not in stock, it takes however long it is until they start producing those again, and produce enough to fill your order.

dkf
08-20-2012, 10:46
Last time I ordered PD 124gr JHP, the wait was about a month.

Those 124 JHP are my favorite PD bullet as you can see by my avatar.

ALBin517
08-21-2012, 10:44
Those 124 JHP are my favorite PD bullet as you can see by my avatar.

I like the large nose - almost like a semi wad cutter. I used to shoot Montana Gold 124 JHP and the nose of those can almost fit in the nose of a Precision Delta. So the Delta JHP holes can be seen pretty easily from 25 yards.

The holes are also very crisp and easy to score, which is great for the PPC shooting that I do. (I used to get screwed shooting FMJs on top of each other and being charges for misses. No zeroes but three misses?)

And of course, Delta are very accurate and reasonably priced.

dkf
08-21-2012, 13:11
The 124gr JHP and the 124gr XTP bullets have very similar dimensions but the PD bullet is slightly larger diameter at the tip. The PD bullet is around .013" longer than the XTP also because the HP cavity on the PD is deeper ans slightly larger in diameter. Both are very good shooting bullets.

Chris Brines
08-23-2012, 20:25
Tell em' "Gimme back my bullets...put em back where they belong.....ain't foolin' around cause I done had my fun". Just kidding....I love Skynyrd