Les Baer Stinger ??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Les Baer Stinger ???

sawgrass
08-20-2012, 11:35
Does anyone have one? Do you carry it?
I've searched around the last few days and haven't really found that much. There was a nice review on one of the 1911 forums. I found very few that have sold used, which leads me to believe that people keep them.

I have a used SRP that I absolutely love. That said I have a full size Colt that I love too, and comparing it to the Defender is pointless.

If I were to order one is cj1911heaven (John, I think) the place to order it from?

All thoughts appreciated.

faawrenchbndr
08-20-2012, 15:00
CJ is the ONLY guy to buy a Les Baer from

Many reviews of the Stinger if you google "Les Baer Stinger"

sawgrass
08-20-2012, 15:15
CJ is the ONLY guy to buy a Les Baer from

Many reviews of the Stinger if you google "Les Baer Stinger"

Thanks. I would really appreciate feedback from folks who have them on here too.

off topic: faawrenchbndr I appreciate your willingness to go to GA if necessary.

dakrat
08-20-2012, 18:01
I have one and it is my carry gun. I got it from CJ a couple of years ago before the price increase. IMO, it is the perfect size for concealed carry. accuracy wise, I cannot tell it apart from my 5" Baer. great packin 1911

PlasticGuy
08-21-2012, 14:18
I love my stainless Stinger. It is the second Stinger I've owned, and the third 4.25" Les Baer. All have been totally reliable and extremely accurate. I have heard that some 4.25" Baer 1911's can't be loaded using the slingshot method, but all three of mine have worked just fine. I ran some combat drills with mine yesterday. It ran great, as always.

I actually knew John when he had a storefront in Idaho. He is a great guy, and nobody can beat his prices on Les Baer guns. I highly recommend buying from him.

Officer's Match
08-21-2012, 23:31
Had a blued one and it was excellent. Much recommend, but you should be aware that Baer's 4.25" guns are "unconventional" in a way that may negate slingshotting.

sawgrass
08-22-2012, 07:03
Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.

gimmejr
08-22-2012, 08:33
Like you said that you cant find to many that are sold used thats usually a good sign. Id like to have one some day.

FullClip
08-22-2012, 12:46
I picked up a used stainless one at the Cabelas last summer. Has been a nice reliable pistol. I don't use it as a carry gun as I prefer something a little cheaper to bang around, but its size would make it ideal of those who like a smaller 1911 type. Not sure if the grips are standard Baer, but they are some of the best I've seen. Good checkering and a nice cut out for right thumb to ride in.
Don't think you can go too far wrong in getting a used one as long as you check it out real good before buying it.
Think the price range on the gun helps keep it out of the hands of the basement gunsmith trigger jobs and such.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/FullClip/BaerStinger.jpg

sorry about crappy pic....was trying to be an "ar-teest"...and I flunked again.:supergrin:

glock2740
08-22-2012, 19:36
I picked up a used stainless one at the Cabelas last summer. Has been a nice reliable pistol. I don't use it as a carry gun as I prefer something a little cheaper to bang around, but its size would make it ideal of those who like a smaller 1911 type. Not sure if the grips are standard Baer, but they are some of the best I've seen. Good checkering and a nice cut out for right thumb to ride in.
Don't think you can go too far wrong in getting a used one as long as you check it out real good before buying it.
Think the price range on the gun helps keep it out of the hands of the basement gunsmith trigger jobs and such.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/FullClip/BaerStinger.jpg

sorry about crappy pic....was trying to be an "ar-teest"...and I flunked again.:supergrin:
Those grips are VZ ETC's.

http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/1911-pistol-grips-1/elite-tactical-carry-2/etc-black-gray-g10

bac1023
08-22-2012, 20:28
Baers are among my favorite 1911s, though both of mine are full size.

FullClip
08-23-2012, 07:17
Those grips are VZ ETC's.

Thanks for the link....:thumbsup:

Will be ordering a couple sets for some other 1911's I have hanging around that could use a little dressing up.