I hope our nation wakes up soon when it comes to gun laws! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I hope our nation wakes up soon when it comes to gun laws!

01coltcolt
08-20-2012, 17:10
http://youtu.be/p8RDWltHxRc
http://youtu.be/Lil51T7UIrc

08-20-2012, 17:27
Preaching to the choir here, my friend.

smokin762
08-20-2012, 17:41
Only “We the People” can stop the insanity by the means of the Voting Pole. Unfortunately, most of we are only interested in Sports Teams and Reality T.V. Shows. This is very sad. :crying:

The_Gun_Guru
08-20-2012, 18:27
Not to mention that there are very FEW of us compared to the MANY of them!

The dems have been brainwashing the sheeple for decades and those that were kids then are now adults....and they vote democrap.

We have become a very sad country! :crying:

It's NOT going to get any better either....EVER!

TGG

dnuggett
08-20-2012, 18:58
In some respects we have come a long way from just 20 years ago. In other respects we are a long way from where we started in 1776.

PersonOfInterest
08-21-2012, 03:51
Wow pump rifles are banned here in Australia?? lucky ive been told - ive lost count of how many people i know who own them legally here - by the way it wasnt all semi auto firearms only long guns - never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn. Much as i agree with everything said - i wish theyd get there facts straight.

Lowjiber
08-21-2012, 06:04
Remember Zerobama's "under the radar" pledge to Mrs. Brady?

If he gets to a second term, I fully expect an executive order that will attempt to disarm Americans.

I'm ready. How about you?

M2 Carbine
08-21-2012, 07:36
Not to mention that there are very FEW of us compared to the MANY of them!
Not really.
I think the count is 80 million gun owners in the US.

If just about 20 million gun owners would stand up for their rights and join the NRA we would be a very power force. Politicians would be scared of us.

If 30-40 million gun owners did nothing but join the NRA there wouldn't be a politician in the country that would even say the words "gun control".

Face it we gun owners are lazy. When was the last time you heard of 10,000 gun owners protesting at city hall over some new gun control.

California for instance, there are enough gun owners to "own" any political election, but, like everyone else, they just stay home and complain.

We are our own worst enemy.

DonD
08-21-2012, 08:26
Not really.

If just about 20 million gun owners would stand up for their rights and join the NRA we would be a very power force. Politicians would be scared of us.

If 30-40 million gun owners did nothing but join the NRA there wouldn't be a politician in the country that would even say the words "gun control".

Face it we gun owners are lazy. When was the last time you heard of 10,000 gun owners protesting at city hall over some new gun control.

California for instance, there are enough gun owners to "own" any political election, but, like everyone else, they just stay home and complain.

A lot of truth in this post. I know people who have firearms businesses who aren't NRA members. I simply don't understand that. Most politicians are weathervanes, the go where the "wind" blows them and the last 4 shootings have excited the ignorant and mouthy liberal left as well as the unknowing. Don :upeyes:

HexHead
08-21-2012, 08:39

If he gets to a second term, I fully expect an executive order that will attempt to disarm Americans.

I have no problem whatsoever with the prospect of becoming a "criminal".

08-21-2012, 09:50
A lot of truth in this post. I know people who have firearms businesses who aren't NRA members. I simply don't understand that. Most politicians are weathervanes, the go where the "wind" blows them and the last 4 shootings have excited the ignorant and mouthy liberal left as well as the unknowing. Don :upeyes:
But but, the NRA keeps sending them unsolicited mails asking for this and that.....really pissing them off. I'm sure you've heard of this excuse? :shakehead:

hagar
08-21-2012, 12:46
We have better gun laws now than when I came to the US 28 years ago. You could hardly find any states with shall issue CWP's then, and could not mail order ammo. Now if they just get rid of the 1989 assault weapons ban and let us import some of the nice goodies from overseas.

DonD
08-21-2012, 13:00
But but, the NRA keeps sending them unsolicited mails asking for this and that.....really pissing them off. I'm sure you've heard of this excuse? :shakehead:

Yeah, I get that too. I became a life member not long ago and got repeated solicitations to become a member even though I'd been a regular member for 20 some years. Had to call twice to get that to stop.

Still, that is a FEEBLE excuse for not supporting the only real advocacy group that has enough power to blunt or stop anti gun garbage.

As M2 Carbine says, if only half of the gun owners in the US were NRA members and voted for pro gun rights, no politician with half a brain (being generous here) would EVER introduce anti gun legislation. Matter solved. Don

Warp
08-21-2012, 14:01
Not really.

And a lot of gun owners have no problem with bans on "assault weapons" or "assault rifles" or "high capacity magazines"

DonD
08-21-2012, 14:37
And a lot of gun owners have no problem with bans on "assault weapons" or "assault rifles" or "high capacity magazines"

And the problem with that kind of rotten attitude is that we either stick together or fall separately.

Sadly too, many gun owners don't know that an AR-15 isn't an assault weapon and the visually nearly identical M-14/M-4 is an assault weapon.

I have no interest in cowboy action but I'm delighted to have all the shooters who do, participate in our community. Same with black powder. We all have to accept and support all shooting sports/self defense or the antis will chip away at each area until we're all shafted. Don

smokin762
08-21-2012, 14:38

Around this time 4 years ago, a friend and I were at a Gun Show. My friend was talking with one of the dealers about the election, when this big guy came over where we were standing and started talking about how he was voting for B.O.

My friend told him, you know he is not very 2nd Amendment friendly right? The guy answered, I don’t care. Unbelievable. :faint:

smokin762
08-21-2012, 14:43
And the problem with that kind of rotten attitude is that we either stick together or fall separately.

Sadly too, many gun owners don't know that an AR-15 isn't an assault weapon and the visually nearly identical M-14/M-4 is an assault weapon.

I have no interest in cowboy action but I'm delighted to have all the shooters who do, participate in our community. Same with black powder. We all have to accept and support all shooting sports/self defense or the antis will chip away at each area until we're all shafted. Don

I never saw an M14 that looked like an M4 or an AR15. But I have seen an M1A that looked like an M14. :whistling:

Just yanken your chain. :supergrin:

The_Gun_Guru
08-21-2012, 14:51

I am.:wavey:

If he is re-elected I will start loading my magazines. If they do try to disarm America, I can tell you that they will have a fight on their hands.

TGG

DonD
08-21-2012, 16:08
I never saw an M14 that looked like an M4 or an AR15. But I have seen an M1A that looked like an M14. :whistling:

Just yanken your chain. :supergrin:

Understood. Don :supergrin:

smokin762
08-22-2012, 14:48
Understood. Don :supergrin:

:cheers: :wavey:

G36's Rule
08-22-2012, 17:14
Wow pump rifles are banned here in Australia?? lucky ive been told - ive lost count of how many people i know who own them legally here - by the way it wasnt all semi auto firearms only long guns - never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn. Much as i agree with everything said - i wish theyd get there facts straight.

Mis-spoke on the pump rifles I'm sure. So you can own a pistol, semi-auto handgun, with a barrel shorter than 4.7"? Or caliber larger than 9mm? And keep it anywhere and how you want?

I would bet they are pretty accurate in those videos. More so than you would like.

PersonOfInterest
08-23-2012, 02:29
Mis-spoke on the pump rifles I'm sure. So you can own a pistol, semi-auto handgun, with a barrel shorter than 4.7"? Or caliber larger than 9mm? And keep it anywhere and how you want?

I would bet they are pretty accurate in those videos. More so than you would like.
Good to see you researched that - 9mm is one caliber you can get here without going to what they call a high caliber permit, there are even guys on here from Australia that shoot other guns besides 9mm, i could go up to .45 cal but i dont see much point. Ive owned .44,.45s and .40s before - by the way its '.38cal' meaning 357sig,9mm, 38super etc etc.
Your not considering other permits or licenses that are available here either, once again just pointing out whoever did the videos (which by the way looks the better part of 15years old) are very inaccurate - once again they need to get there facts straight as for where i keep my guns at what times and where they go - well thats up to me - no one else.

Rally Vincent
08-23-2012, 06:26
Americans? Wake up?

Phat chance in these times. So many more "important" issues to focus on.
Gay rights for instance.......

Warp
08-23-2012, 10:49
Americans? Wake up?

Phat chance in these times. So many more "important" issues to focus on.
Gay rights for instance.......

The government has absolutely no business telling people who may or may not get married.

JT2GUNS
08-23-2012, 11:48
Worse now than when we told Britian to kiss off! Might be time for a Tea Party!!! Its going to get worse if we don't stand up!!!