Israeli attack on Iran close...again. what if? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Israeli attack on Iran close...again. what if?

jdavionic
08-20-2012, 19:45
I cannot recall how many times we've seen reports that an Israeli pre-emptive strike on Iran is going to happen in the near term. Now, it's being reported as likely before the election.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-determined-to-attack-iran-before-us-elections-claims-israels-channel-10/

3 questions -
1. what do you think the probability is for a strike before the US election?

2. if there is such an attack, what do you believe is the near-term impact to the US?

3. have you made any changes to your preps based on the latest reports?

bdcochran
08-20-2012, 19:55
1. I have no basis for doing any probability analysis.

2. The near term impact will be a multitude of articles/website postings by people that THEY had the capability of reading tea leaves and said articles/website postings will find support for any cockamannie theory or position that was already held.

3. Absolutely no impact. If you gave me an absolute time when said attack would happen in the next two weeks, I would cease my current project of cycling the stored gasoline through the car and drive down and promptly fill up the empty cans that are piling up during the effort.

jdavionic
08-20-2012, 20:17
I suppose I should have offerred my answers as well..
1. Like you, I wouldn't (nor would any here) have the data to do an analysis. We can only speculate. With that said, I think Israel will act in the best interest of Israel. I don't think they care about Obama or any impact to the US elections. Can't say I blame them either. However I don't see why the next 3 months would be any different than waiting 6 months. Of course, they have intelligence data that we do not.

2. Near-term impact - panic at the pumps. I figure gas prices would soar. This will drive all sorts of other items to increase in cost as well.

3. No changes to my preps. I already have gas stored, food, water, etc.

TangoFoxtrot
08-21-2012, 03:51

2. if there is such an attack, what do you believe is the near-term impact to the US?

Answers to your questions:

1. Who knows, Israel does as it pleases when it pleases them, regardless of what the U.S. advises. So I say cut off the millions we send them. Let them have at it and stay out of it. We can afford another war...PERIOD!

2. Gas prices and other products will be off the wall putting our economy in even worse shape.

3. No! I'm not going into panic mode for something I have no control over. Besides it will mostly effect our economy not my personal safety.

jdavionic
08-21-2012, 05:02
3. No! I'm not going into panic mode for something I have no control over. Besides it will mostly effect our economy not my personal safety.

Well, that's the nice part about being prepared. You shouldn't have to panic for a potential situation that arises. At that point, it's already too late to effectively prepare because everyone else who sees the threat is also panicking.

Bren
08-21-2012, 05:04
3 questions -
Not much.

The military budget and potential for deployment would go up and I'd be happier.

Nope.

mac66
08-21-2012, 11:48
Israel will clean Iran's clock, hopefully for good this time.

It is doubtful it will have any affect on me even if we decide to join in and wage war.

G29Reload
08-21-2012, 12:06
It would not surprise me to happen at any time.

I would presume AFTER the election since Zero won't help them but there is a point where Israel will have nothing to lose and go regardless.

It will not surprise me to hear a nuke has gone off in Iran, courtesy israel.

wjv
08-21-2012, 12:16
Consider the source of this article (WND). . but. . an interesting premise.

Is Israel planning EMP attack on Iran?

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/is-israel-planning-emp-attack-on-iran/

AZ Cat
08-21-2012, 12:17
I suspect an attack before the election. If Obama wins Israel cannot count on US support of a post election attack. If they strike pre election Obama has to support Israel or lose the Jewish vote. I don't know the probability but I am expecting an Israeli attack on Iran prior to the election...it's the logical decision to make if you are Israel.

Outside of a short term rise in gas prices I don't think such an attack will have a material impact on me personally.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

BR549
08-21-2012, 12:54
I'm about as prepped as I "think" I can possibly be with my financial, transportation, and real estate assets.

Shelter, water, food, water acquisition/production/processing, food and nutrition acquisition/production/processing/preparation are stored as well as I "think" possible.

Medical and first aid supplies should be reviewed and possibly increased at a few locations...as well as reevaluated for BOB and transportation.

BOB - it's been an off year in that I haven't been on as many wilderness trips. I've been traveling for various other "consulting" engagements and evaluating/acquiring/remodeling real estate. However, that has kept the BOB/GSEFB tested and stocked just the same....as well as the transportation.

Automated tools. Check.
Manual tools. Check.
Old school tools and methods. Check.

Building supplies and materials? Maybe I should review and obtain more.

TP. Check.
Hygiene, clothing, and sundries. Check.

Fuel. Top off all locations more regularly when and if an action becomes MORE likely.
------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Israel-Iran, I don't know what else to do about it. We've been hearing about it and seeing these "types" of headlines for years. I hope for the best for Israel. I hope Iran will completely change course in a positive way....or be thwarted in any endeavor they may undertake to do or help others do bad things.

News of the likelihood of an action will flood the mainstream media before it happens, but will still be a "secret" attack as to when....as if it hasn't flooded the media already...it just can't be noticed above the political noise of the November US elections.

Question 1? :dunno:

Question 2? Fuel prices increase greatly and rapidly, causing prices for almost everything else to do so. Stock market problems. Commodities market increases. UN issues arise for US and Israel because noone will back Israel but US, and we are a big question mark on that.

Question 3? See first sections of this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting article regarding Israel using HEMP on Iran. If HEMP happened anywhere else in the world, it would help us (US) understand its effects more, how to harden against it..........but also invigorate others to do it against US.....as if they don't want to destroy US already.

:tagged:

cowboy1964
08-21-2012, 13:01
That "article" also mentions the possibility that they could EMP the whole area INCLUDING ISRAEL but power would be back on in a few days. WTH? I thought EMP was a crippling years-long recovery event?

BR549
08-21-2012, 13:26
:rant: double post

Israel "can" clean Iran's clock. However, I don't know if they "will" because I don't know "who" will do "what" to dissuade them from it or who "might" attempt to prevent it politically or militarily.

LongGun1
08-21-2012, 13:39
Well, that's the nice part about being prepared. You shouldn't have to panic for a potential situation that arises. At that point, it's already too late to effectively prepare because everyone else who sees the threat is also panicking.

+1 :thumbsup:

Topping off maybe..

..but the bulk should already be in place. :whistling:

Kozel
08-21-2012, 14:44
1 Coming up on 100%

2 Hizballah has sleeper cells in every major US city for a reason. 9.11 is going to look like summer picnic day.

3 No

jdavionic
08-21-2012, 20:03

I just don't see this as a possibility. Perhaps ignorance on my part, but I just think that even if it is possible to keep it localized, Israel would create an environment where nukes become a more acceptable method of warfare.

cowboy1964
08-22-2012, 00:32
2 Hizballah has sleeper cells in every major US city for a reason. 9.11 is going to look like summer picnic day.

Hey, we took out Iraq and they didn't even attack us. If Hezbollah wants to bring war to the continental U.S. then they are signing their own death warrants and they know it.

kirgi08
08-22-2012, 04:15
Russia is the wild card,will they aid Iran.'08. :dunno:

TangoFoxtrot
08-22-2012, 04:43
Israel will clean Iran's clock, hopefully for good this time.

It is doubtful it will have any affect on me even if we decide to join in and wage war.

Ahhhh I'm not so sure about that. Israel was getting its *** whacked pretty hard when they entered Lebanon in 2005. I don't think they have much steam without the U.S. backing them. Just my thought.

Kozel
08-22-2012, 10:28
Hey, we took out Iraq and they didn't even attack us. If Hezbollah wants to bring war to the continental U.S. then they are signing their own death warrants and they know it.

You are talking about people who want to die so that they go to muslim bordello in the sky.
You do not understand that there is an entirely different mindset based on entirely different morals called islam and especially shia islam. They believe it is their duty to create as much chaos as possible to bring Mahdy back.

Hizballah is controlled by Iran. Why would they attack US for destroying Iraq, their main regional enemy?

US took out Saddam and gave control of the country to Shia and basically gave the Iraq to Iran.

bdcochran
08-22-2012, 11:27
Y2K had a definite point in time. The subject matter of this thread doesn't have a definite point in time.

I have mentioned before, my dad was in the US Navy and visited Germany when the Nazis were in power. When I was a kid, I asked him if people didn't know war was coming and why didn't they make preparations. My dad's response was simple. No one knew when.

So if it were December 8, 1941, and shtf, what would you have done as a preper? Buy tires, fill up the gas tank, buy sugar, buy liquor or wine, buy ammo, buy guns. Rationing and governmental regulations came into play almost immediately.

Today, you live in a "just in time" supply line of living items. There is no way that you can buy all you would need for the next year and store it. If you don't have the money to put in a large propane tank, dig a permitted water well or buy that lifetime supply of tools, then you simply scale down and buy what you can afford - a 5 gallon propane tank, an additional 50 gallon water drum or the basic ka-bar knife that is on sale at Big 5 Sporting Goods - prep problem addressed.

TangoFoxtrot
08-23-2012, 03:34

They do? Oh you mean we will attack them on their soil and spend billions of taxpayer dollars to rebuild their country after we desimate it.

series1811
08-23-2012, 03:56
Sooner or later, somebody will light off a nuke somewhere, and the middle east is as likely a candidate as there is.

The world didn't end when we nuked Japan and it won't end when they do it over there (or over here either).

bdcochran
08-23-2012, 06:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Hey, we took out Iraq and they didn't even attack us. If Hezbollah wants to bring war to the continental U.S. then they are signing their own death warrants and they know it."

A response followed:

"They do? Oh you mean we will attack them on their soil and spend billions of taxpayer dollars to rebuild their country after we desimate it"

.Hezbollah is a suspect in the torture and murder of U.S. Colonel William Higgins. No response from the US government. No payback. No revenge. No lesson taught.

Conversely, when a Soviet diplomat was kidnapped, the Soviets kidnapped male relatives of the kidnappers and cut off genitals. The diplomat was promptly released.

No spies on the ground were put into Iraq between Iraqi War 1 and Iraqi War 2. None. Democrats/Republicans/political leaders chose not to spend the money in that direction. Yet, we are supposed to believe that some Shiite group of young males setting off bombs is supposedly going to sign their death warrants? Hardly. 10 years to catch one Sunni, Bin Laden!

I challenge someone to relate what steps were taken and what results in the investigation of the death of Lt. Col Higgins who was hung by the neck on a meat hook.

This is why discussions about revenge, nuking, turning a location into a radioactive parking lot for 1000 years are unproductive.

By the way, you are damn lucky. The Turks rejected an invasion from Turkey into Iraq. Your troops were on the ships off Turkey. They had to go through the Suez Canal to Kuwait. If Saddam had sunk a few ships in the Canal ala 1956, your fantastic, great, well lead military would have been defeated before a single shot was fired in anger.

Lone Kimono
08-23-2012, 09:05

Israel does have a tendency to take the gloves off. The ramifications would be huge from this, but it would do the job once and for all.

TangoFoxtrot
08-24-2012, 03:24
Sooner or later, somebody will light off a nuke somewhere, and the middle east is as likely a candidate as there is.

The world didn't end when we nuked Japan and it won't end when they do it over there (or over here either).

Better there than here!:whistling:

jdavionic
09-02-2012, 08:33
More signs of the possibility...
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/politics/2012/08/an-undiplomatic-affair.html

G29Reload
09-02-2012, 09:54
I think they will try and wait for the election.

If Obama wins, no change so they'll just operate on their own schedule since they have nothing to lose and nothings gonna change.

If Romney wins, they'll try and wait till he's sworn in since they might get some help, or at least coordination.

If Iran retaliates, they will drag America into it, not Israel. They'll attack US bases in the Gulf to force our hand. Then we'll have to respond. Missile time. B52s out of Barksdale. Boom Boom BOOM

jdavionic
09-02-2012, 10:30
I think they will try and wait for the election.

If Obama wins, no change so they'll just operate on their own schedule since they have nothing to lose and nothings gonna change.

If Romney wins, they'll try and wait till he's sworn in since they might get some help, or at least coordination.

If Iran retaliates, they will drag America into it, not Israel. They'll attack US bases in the Gulf to force our hand. Then we'll have to respond. Missile time. B52s out of Barksdale. Boom Boom BOOM

Look at this way though - suppose they attack in October. I would expect gas prices will soar in the US. The ME will be in complete turmoil. And Americans will endure some pain & suffering. Will the sitting American president be deemed to partially blame for the situation? I know there are several here who would readily say "absolutely", but in general...when Americans endure immediate impacts like high gas prices, panic at the pumps, high food prices, etc...they typically look for an immediate person to put the blame on.

From an Israeli perspective, they know they will not get any support from the current administration. So they can either bet their fate on a more friendly administration...who will likely absorb the blame in the subsequent election OR they can act now independently and help get rid of the existing administration at the same time. From this perspective, I see acting before the election as a "win-win" from an Israeli perspective.

TangoFoxtrot
09-03-2012, 06:50
That region is a powder keg ready to blow.

Peace Officer
09-03-2012, 12:11
Do you really expect a Muslim President like the Bama to help out Israel??!! Four more years,,,, can hardly wait!

jdavionic
09-03-2012, 12:33
Do you really expect a Muslim President like the Bama to help out Israel??!! Four more years,,,, can hardly wait!

I don't think anyone, including Israel, expects Obama to help Israel. I fully expect he would quickly stand in line to condemn their act of aggression if Israel indeed attacks. However Israel may view that they have no real choice other than to act now.

UneasyRider
09-03-2012, 18:29
3 questions -

1. 70% this week during the convention.

2. Gas goes up, short airline stocks now.

3. None, I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

jdavionic
09-03-2012, 18:42
1. 70% this week during the convention.

Interesting...what's your rationale for it being this week?

cowboy1964
09-03-2012, 20:03
Israel does have a tendency to take the gloves off. The ramifications would be huge from this, but it would do the job once and for all.

For all? No one is saying this will stop Iran, it will just delay hem.

cowboy1964
09-03-2012, 20:07
I don't think anyone, including Israel, expects Obama to help Israel. I fully expect he would quickly stand in line to condemn their act of aggression if Israel indeed attacks. However Israel may view that they have no real choice other than to act now.

It was reported today that the Obama admin has back channel told Iran that the US will stay out of it if Iran doesn't attack us. Obama has not only thrown Israel under the bus, he's driving it.

Glock30Eric
09-03-2012, 20:14
It was reported today that the Obama admin has back channel told Iran that the US will stay out of it if Iran doesn't attack us. Obama has not only thrown Israel under the bus, he's driving it.

Awesome! So Israel would screw themselves as they always wanted to do that. Let them rotten themselves.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TangoFoxtrot
09-04-2012, 03:26

Your statement has to be one of the most ignorant I think I read in this forum lately.:upeyes:

TangoFoxtrot
09-04-2012, 03:29
Everybody wants Israel to attack Iran. OK say they do and it hits the fan. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! Do you all want to pay over $5 a gallon for gas????....I don't.

jdavionic
09-04-2012, 03:50
Everybody wants Israel to attack Iran. OK say they do and it hits the fan. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! Do you all want to pay over $5 a gallon for gas????....I don't.

Not everybody. I don't want Israel to attack. Unfortunately this president has played games over the years that have resulted in that being about the only option Israel has if they want to delay Iran getting a nuke.

If they do attack, it really mucks up the works for many of us. Yes, I've got plans...but like a lot of S&P folks, I always hope my preps are for nothing.

UneasyRider
09-04-2012, 04:44
Interesting...what's your rationale for it being this week?

I confess that I got that from Charles Krauthammer who I happen to think is the smartest guy on the political sidelines. I defer to his opinion on matters like this.

jdavionic
09-11-2012, 17:43
So do you think Israel will move forward with a strike now?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/11/early-frost-white-house-gives-chilly-response-to-proposed-obama-netanyahu-talk/

In the past, I believe Israel has tried to keep us informed and, in turn, we have been supportive of their actions.

TangoFoxtrot
09-12-2012, 04:41
Yeah well I guess we have all this extra surplus money to help Israel fund an an attack on Iran. Who cares about $6/gal for gas or 10% unemployment, but lets back Israel.

kirgi08
09-12-2012, 04:54
Israel has a huge surplus,let them use it.'08.

jdavionic
09-12-2012, 04:56
Yeah well I guess we have all this extra surplus money to help Israel fund an an attack on Iran. Who cares about $6/gal for gas or 10% unemployment, but lets back Israel.

Who said anything about giving them money?

UneasyRider
09-12-2012, 06:23

Not that I don't agree with your picture of the outcome, but we stopped using money with value 4 years ago so throwing it around has a different meaning than if it was real.

Personally I hope that we bomb the crap out of Iran and force Libya to their knees or use cruise missles to deny them electricity as a good start. Crazy people don't respond to this stuff but the rest of the muslim sheep would get the point real quick. You mess with the bull and you get the horns.

Chuck TX
09-12-2012, 06:36

Heading there anyway, eventually, if 0 doesn't get the boot. It might as well happen now and insure 0 loses the election.

cowboy1964
09-12-2012, 10:45
but we stopped using money with value 4 years ago

Hmm, what have I been using to buy things with then for the last 4 years? But if you don't need yours, send it to me :supergrin:

UneasyRider
09-12-2012, 17:19
Hmm, what have I been using to buy things with then for the last 4 years? But if you don't need yours, send it to me :supergrin:

The full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. They don't call them federal reserve notes for nothing.

pugman
09-12-2012, 19:03

This depends on when it happens.

A pre-election strike by Israel will lead to outcry support from U.S Jews to help them...

If O doesn't help them he will lose Jewish votes

Remember, this isn't the 40's any more when people went to war to stop bad people from doing bad things to good people.

Today U.S involvement means oil, votes, empire building, world police...hell any other reason than to stop bad people from doing bad things to good people.

UneasyRider
09-12-2012, 19:48
This depends on when it happens.

A pre-election strike by Israel will lead to outcry support from U.S Jews to help them...

If O doesn't help them he will lose Jewish votes

Remember, this isn't the 40's any more when people went to war to stop bad people from doing bad things to good people.

Today U.S involvement means oil, votes, empire building, world police...hell any other reason than to stop bad people from doing bad things to good people.

There are more muslim votes than Jewish votes.

pugman
09-13-2012, 05:59
There are more muslim votes than Jewish votes.

True.

However, and this isn't meant to be a racial slur in the least because I sincerely don't know the answer and would be curious to know, but in this country is there more Jewish or Muslim money?

Second, how do Muslims generally vote in the U.S - again, I don't know.

Third, do muslims of the U.S although they share the faith of those in the Middle east, do they identify with their methods and tactics?

My point is O's response won't be to save U.S lives, get oil or anything other than garnish votes

UneasyRider
09-13-2012, 07:58
True.

However, and this isn't meant to be a racial slur in the least because I sincerely don't know the answer and would be curious to know, but in this country is there more Jewish or Muslim money?

Third, do muslims of the U.S although they share the faith of those in the Middle east, do they identify with their methods and tactics?

My point is O's response won't be to save U.S lives, get oil or anything other than garnish votes

Muslims vote Democrat (as a rule).

SPIN2010
09-13-2012, 08:03
... do muslims of the U.S although they share the faith of those in the Middle east, do they identify with their methods and tactics?

Think and research Dearborn, MI if you have doubts about the reality of the muslim faith's movements or real tactics.

I will go out on a limb here and state: That is probably not the only city in the USA that has been overtaken without a shot fired by the enemy.

TangoFoxtrot
09-15-2012, 05:30
True.

The jewish vote is larger. They control wall street, the diamond district, hollywood, fashion market and so on. So put two and two together. Thats why Netinyaho is kissing Romneys butt. Obama won't play ball.

bdcochran
09-16-2012, 04:49
The top commander in Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard warned Sunday that ‘‘nothing will remain’’ of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program.

Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari said Iran’s response to any attack will begin near the Israeli border. The Islamic Republic has close ties with militants in Gaza and Lebanon, both of which border Israel.

Gee General, the Sunnis are jumping up and down with joy.

Israel, at its narrowest is 10 miles wide.

When you destroy Israel, you also, incidentally destroy a hotbed of Shiites who the Sunni hate. When General, you attack Israel, you also destroy the Palestinians (Shiite), the Lebanese (controlled by Shiite), and Syria (controlled by an offshoot of Shiite).

Reminds me of the cartoon wherein a bank robber has his arm around the bank teller's neck but the gun is pointed at his own head. "One more step and the Pollack gets it". (For the moderator, I am of Polish descent and do not find the cartoon offensive).:rofl:

TattooedGlock
09-16-2012, 05:36
All I hope is that O is a member of GT so he can learn how to run America. :)

pugman
09-16-2012, 06:40
The jewish vote is larger. They control wall street, the diamond district, hollywood, fashion market and so on. So put two and two together. Thats why Netinyaho is kissing Romneys butt. Obama won't play ball.

So my very simplied deductive logic is right?

Israel attacks before the election - Obama will support Israel due to the need of the votes and money

Israel attacks after the election - oh well...let me know how it works out.

I am neither pro or anti Israel as some of my friends continue to try and side me. Everyone tells me in toe to toe war Israel would clean Iran's clock...but are they really that good (I know in World war Z they seemed to do ok :supergrin:)

TangoFoxtrot
09-16-2012, 06:50
Israel has a huge surplus,let them use it.'08.
Exactly! We need to stop being the big brother.

Who said anything about giving them money?

well whether we hand them a check, give them weapons , planes or what ever its still the same...and we cannot afford it!

Not that I don't agree with your picture of the outcome, but we stopped using money with value 4 years ago so throwing it around has a different meaning than if it was real.
What about human lives? Do we really want to put our throops in harms way for a conflict between the jews and arabs that has existed for 2000 yrs?

Personally I hope that we bomb the crap out of Iran and force Libya to their knees or use cruise missles to deny them electricity as a good start. Crazy people don't respond to this stuff but the rest of the muslim sheep would get the point real quick. You mess with the bull and you get the horns.

Easy to say on the internet. Until it hits us here at home like 9/11 then go and desimate them. The price for war is too costly and we can't afford it.

Heading there anyway, eventually, if 0 doesn't get the boot. It might as well happen now and insure 0 loses the election.

WOW what ever happened to banning together in times of crisis. You better hope Obama wins. Because netnyaho and Romney are rattleing sabres already.

Chui
09-16-2012, 07:19
Ahhhh I'm not so sure about that. Israel was getting its *** whacked pretty hard when they entered Lebanon in 2005. I don't think they have much steam without the U.S. backing them. Just my thought.

EXACTLY! Few paid any attention to that conflict - but then few Americans pay much attention to anything but entertainment.

If Russia and China choose to "play along" as they have diplomatic ties (China is also a target as it was getting oil from Sudan and is receiving oil from Iran) then we could rapidly devolve into WW III.

And TangoFoxtrot is absolutely correct about Romney/Ryan and Netanyahu!

jdavionic
09-16-2012, 07:24
well whether we hand them a check, give them weapons , planes or what ever its still the same...and we cannot afford it!

Support also means standing by them in trying to get nations to take a stronger stance in isolating Iran...versus the constant mixed signals that this administration sends (intentionally, IMO).

Support also comes in the form of standing by their side in the subsequent UN meetings.

This type of support has been non-existent.

TangoFoxtrot
09-16-2012, 08:07
Somtime the United States is gonna have to step back and keep our nose out of other countries affairs. Look at us now still in Afghanistan 10 years later, thousands of troops dead and billions of dollars pour into that S hole. For what?

kirgi08
09-16-2012, 08:32
The top commander in Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard warned Sunday that ‘‘nothing will remain’’ of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program.

Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari said Iran’s response to any attack will begin near the Israeli border. The Islamic Republic has close ties with militants in Gaza and Lebanon, both of which border Israel.

Gee General, the Sunnis are jumping up and down with joy.

Israel, at its narrowest is 10 miles wide.

When you destroy Israel, you also, incidentally destroy a hotbed of Shiites who the Sunni hate. When General, you attack Israel, you also destroy the Palestinians (Shiite), the Lebanese (controlled by Shiite), and Syria (controlled by an offshoot of Shiite).

Reminds me of the cartoon wherein a bank robber has his arm around the bank teller's neck but the gun is pointed at his own head. "One more step and the Pollack gets it". (For the moderator, I am of Polish descent and do not find the cartoon offensive).:rofl:

I wish them luck with that. :animlol:

All I hope is that O is a member of GT so he can learn how to run America. :)

There is a difference between "run" and "destroy",he's checking the category 'B" box,or better yet "present".He ain't done a dang thing.I'd like ta have his frequent flier miles though.He must save a fortune with hotels.com. :upeyes:

Support also means standing by them in trying to get nations to take a stronger stance in isolating Iran...versus the constant mixed signals that this administration sends (intentionally, IMO).

After the way he snubbed BeBe do you really think Israel has any fantasies about how neutral the US maybe,I sure as hell wouldn't.

Support also comes in the form of standing by their side in the subsequent UN meetings.

This type of support has been non-existent.

Present. :upeyes:

JackMac
09-16-2012, 15:03
yes, no, and no on number 3

jdavionic
09-16-2012, 15:10
After the way he snubbed BeBe do you really think Israel has any fantasies about how neutral the US maybe,I sure as hell wouldn't.

Present. :upeyes:

Nope. I'm sure Netenyahu knows he cannot count on Obama. I believe he took to the airwaves to bring his case to the American people. Perhaps it's a last ditch effort to force Obama to take some action for no other reason than his own political survival. Or perhaps it's one last pitch to the American people so that when Israel does attack, he can cite the numerous opportunities that he gave Obama - e.g., 'I asked to meet with him and was snubbed.'

Bottom line to me - I think it's yet another sign that an attack is coming real soon...possibly before the election.

Glock30Eric
09-16-2012, 17:28
Somtime the United States is gonna have to step back and keep our nose out of other countries affairs. Look at us now still in Afghanistan 10 years later, thousands of troops dead and billions of dollars pour into that S hole. For what?

Exactly, you are very few people that understand this concept. People are saying that I am anti-American or a foreign because I gold on something similar to your post. Sad.

TangoFoxtrot
09-17-2012, 03:50
Well Glock30Eric I have seen this BS up close and personal.

jdavionic
09-17-2012, 04:01
Well Glock30Eric I have seen this BS up close and personal.

So when the Taliban was providing safe haven to the terrorist leader that was behind the attacks here and permitted training camps for terrorists, what was your suggested response?

Now I do believe we made significant mistakes in Afghanistan. GWB changed the mission from neutralizing a threat to building a flourishing democracy in a region that despises us. We should have attacked and left. Perhaps that's what you were implying as well.

cowboy1964
09-17-2012, 06:09
Now I do believe we made significant mistakes in Afghanistan. GWB changed the mission from neutralizing a threat to building a flourishing democracy in a region that despises us. We should have attacked and left. Perhaps that's what you were implying as well.

And after we would have left they would have come right back. That's the whole point. It's like pumping out your flooded basement while it's still raining outside. Shut off the pump and it will fill right back up again.

jdavionic
09-17-2012, 07:04
And after we would have left they would have come right back. That's the whole point. It's like pumping out your flooded basement while it's still raining outside. Shut off the pump and it will fill right back up again.

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Obviously they'd return...they have even after spending years there.

kirgi08
09-17-2012, 07:43
Nope. I'm sure Netenyahu knows he cannot count on Obama. I believe he took to the airwaves to bring his case to the American people. Perhaps it's a last ditch effort to force Obama to take some action for no other reason than his own political survival. Or perhaps it's one last pitch to the American people so that when Israel does attack, he can cite the numerous opportunities that he gave Obama - e.g., 'I asked to meet with him and was snubbed.'

Bottom line to me - I think it's yet another sign that an attack is coming real soon...possibly before the election.

He's checking off items on a "list".'08.

TangoFoxtrot
09-18-2012, 04:06
[QUOTE=jdavionic;19428067]So when the Taliban was providing safe haven to the terrorist leader that was behind the attacks here and permitted training camps for terrorists, what was your suggested response?

The mistake was we sent 15,000 throops to a country that harboured bin Laden and other terrorists and we sent 250,000 to a country that didn't attack us.

Secondly, we occuppied both countries and made new enemies. Then we wasted billions of taxpayer dollars and thousands of throops lives.

GWB had no interest in getting Bin Laden they had chances and stepped down. He and Cheney were making too much money by being there. If Bin Laden would have been killed right away there would have been no justification in occupation.

Yes we should have went in desimated them then left! Occupation is too costly and doesn't work. The people of those countries evently get POed and recentful your there..after you rebuild them.

Obamas mistake is not pulling our boys out of Afghanistan right now.

kirgi08
09-18-2012, 06:52
They are not "new" enemies,they've hated us since Israel was founded.'08.

boomhower
09-18-2012, 07:08
I don't think there's a chance they will do it before the election, hence the recent speech. They are hoping Romney gets elected and he'll play ball in going in with them or at least supporting their decision. I don't think they want to risk losing all the support we send them. (which is insane considering our own economic situation)