So about the whole "Constitution lovers are domestic terrorist's" thing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So about the whole "Constitution lovers are domestic terrorist's" thing

Mr.Pliskin
08-21-2012, 07:29
In two locations when getting on wi-fy on my Iphone I noticed an interesting hotspot. Today I got a screen shot of it. This is of course the work of the federal government

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg296/clutter825/cellpic.jpg

RUN!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!

racerford
08-21-2012, 11:26
Wow!, either that is a joke name or the FBI needs to fire their IT guys. They should not be broadcasting their network information. Heck you shouldn't even do it at home.

Wireless security 101.

MadMonkey
08-21-2012, 11:48
Hahaha, I know a lot of people that do that.

SFCSMITH(RET)
08-21-2012, 13:41
My home network shows up as "CIA Remote Monitor Station 12"

:cool:

Freaked out my buddy when we went "N" and it would just reach his house (right at 1000 ft).. his phone would see it, but then drop it.. then see it.. then drop it..

He was sure the .gov was watching him..

LongGun1
08-21-2012, 13:50

Freaked out my buddy when we went "N" and it would just reach his house (right at 1000 ft).. his phone would see it, but then drop it.. then see it.. then drop it..

:laughabove: :rofl: :supergrin:

rauldduke1979
08-21-2012, 19:35

:rofl::rofl:

:supergrin:

Ironically, he probably went around telling people "the CIA is watching me" and now the Feds have him on a watch list.

Breadman03
08-21-2012, 20:15

I can't get mine past 60 feet on N. I even tried a new router and all the channels.

98LS-WON
08-21-2012, 21:00
HAHAHA! My wife made me name our Wireless Router "FBI Surveillance Van 1" because she thought it would be fun to mess w/ the neighbors. Thanks for the laugh!

TangoFoxtrot
08-22-2012, 04:52
I know its a joke, but I would not put it pass the FBI to be that stupid!

Toyman
08-22-2012, 06:45
My brother in law lives on the edge of the ghetto, the house across the street is always selling drugs. He set his wireless to MHPD.

SFCSMITH(RET)
08-22-2012, 07:01
I can't get mine past 60 feet on N. I even tried a new router and all the channels.

We have ours on the second floor, nothing around it, house is standard frame construction. We get fair signal over about 3/4's of our property most of the time, about, say 7 acres with wifi coverage.. you can sometimes pick it up a bit further out, like my buddy, (he is the nearest house), but it won't connect. On "G" we could/would go only about 175-200 feet from the house.

We have this one (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+RangeMax+Wireless-N+Router+with+4-Port+Ethernet+Switch/9826302.p?id=1218179420063&skuId=9826302)..

CigarandScotch
08-22-2012, 08:26
I named mine "Try and hack this"...when I got home the next evening the name had been changed to "Challenge accepted"

(no, not really):supergrin:

Breadman03
08-23-2012, 04:02
We have ours on the second floor, nothing around it, house is standard frame construction. We get fair signal over about 3/4's of our property most of the time, about, say 7 acres with wifi coverage.. you can sometimes pick it up a bit further out, like my buddy, (he is the nearest house), but it won't connect. On "G" we could/would go only about 175-200 feet from the house.

We have this one (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+-+RangeMax+Wireless-N+Router+with+4-Port+Ethernet+Switch/9826302.p?id=1218179420063&skuId=9826302)..

Our old router at our old house performed like yours. Our current place is just down the street from a cell tower and a few radio towers that I think are causing the trouble. I've had days where I could barely connect 5 feet from the router.

CigarandScotch, that is just funny.

xXGearheadXx
08-23-2012, 16:54
Mine is "buy me beer u get password".

Everyone seems to think i'm joking...

pugman
08-24-2012, 14:42
Our old router at our old house performed like yours. Our current place is just down the street from a cell tower and a few radio towers that I think are causing the trouble. I've had days where I could barely connect 5 feet from the router.

CigarandScotch, that is just funny.

I forget how far they can reach; but I though I remember a story where a couple of tech nerds used Pringles cans with the ends cut out to direct a signal something like 1/8-3/8's of a mile?

When I used to live across the street from my brother I used his wireless all the time. Some days it was a little choppy but for the 5 years we lived across the street from each other I had free internet service.