Missoula has been forgotten [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Missoula has been forgotten

mccannicalbob
08-22-2012, 12:28
Six and a half weeks and no final results. This was the first match where I have had a good result and now they torture me!

Justin1911
08-22-2012, 12:37
Standard GSSF forum response: GSSF is busy, they have limited staff, they work hard, are at matches every weekend, prelims are more a priority than finals, have to process new member packets, RO goodies, etc

I know it can be hard, be patient and try to forget about it. Kinda like mailing a NFA form 4 :supergrin: It will come with time!

Ocean_glocker
08-22-2012, 12:46
they do their best, we all know that. Personally most of us wants Missoula out of the way too... so we can get the Dawsonville finals... :)

SARDG
08-22-2012, 12:55
...I know it can be hard, be patient and try to forget about it. Kinda like mailing a NFA form 4 :supergrin: It will come with time!
Oh dear... hope we don't have to wait that long for Dawsonville. :crying:

S.Kargoh
08-22-2012, 12:56
I have about twelve copies of prelims 2012mmt on my phone.
I wishyou didn't have to download just to check. Would be cool of there was a link for finals. If no link... No update.

DannyR
08-22-2012, 13:08
The smart move would be to check this forum every afternoon to see if anyone has posted that the finals are available.:whistling:

S.Kargoh
08-22-2012, 13:28
I have reported the postings of results here before for certain NW matches.

I try to contribute where I can.

bryandover
08-22-2012, 13:31
The smart move would be to check this forum every afternoon to see if anyone has posted that the finals are available.:whistling:

But Danny if he did that he couldn't beat you to list Finals are up. :tongueout:

S.Kargoh
08-22-2012, 13:58
Hey, easy there Dover.

Maybe if I spent the time practicing instead of downloading results, I could shoot like you!

:)
Hmmm.

DannyR
08-22-2012, 14:54
I am often beaten in posting, and always beaten in shooting. At least I'm not complaining about downloads to a phone.

Ocean_glocker
08-22-2012, 15:00
I am often beaten in posting, and always beaten in shooting. At least I'm not complaining about downloads to a phone.

Hell I cant even download stuff to my phone..

S.Kargoh
08-22-2012, 15:03
No, you're complaining about a guy who is complaining about downloading on a phone.

But, I DID offer a solution too, so I am "allowed" to complain.

bryandover
08-22-2012, 15:23
I wish I had a phone :crying:All my money goes for bullets.

S.Kargoh
08-22-2012, 15:26
Stop complaining.

Ocean_glocker
08-22-2012, 16:27
Stop complaining.

what else is this forum for...

We shoot...
We say how great the match was...
We complain about our shooting...
We complain about our scores...
We complain that the Finals aren't up...
We complain that we didn't get a random...

and the cycle continues...

DannyR
08-22-2012, 16:33
Yup, and I'm getting tired of it.

One solution would be to reduce the number of outdoor matches by 50%, freeing up twice as much time to process pre-registrations, running credit cards, entering prelims and posting finals. That would make everyone happy. Or would it.

GSSF is busting their butts to give us 43 matches this year, with record attendance at nearly every match to date. Two matches last weekend, two matches this weekend.

In 1999 it took 3 to 4 months to receive finals in the mail. There was no GSSF web site back then. Be patient, and be thankful.

MTglk43
08-22-2012, 16:33
Hi all

Just to throw out some good news while we wait for the finals...............the preliminary planning for 2013 is underway..........and Missoula is preliminarily planned for June 29/30 2013.

And we will have a second plate rack set up on a separate bay...........

Now back to the finals waiting..........

Take care everyone

bryandover
08-22-2012, 16:40
For the record I'm busting my butt to make half of them 43 matches this year. :supergrin:

DannyR
08-22-2012, 17:33
And you are doing a good job, Bryan. You will probably wear out two sets of tires this year.

bryandover
08-22-2012, 18:00
I'm becoming Southwest's favorite son. I'm am shooting for 22, 10 more than the most I've ever did. Looking for the 50 MatchMeister mark if my elbows hold up. I haven't been able to grip the gun right since Single Stack Nationals this year. Shooting that darn .45 did me in.

bryandover
08-22-2012, 18:05
Sorry for getting off thread.

S.Kargoh
08-22-2012, 18:48
Astute readers may notice that I did not complain about the time it takes to get results, but the manner in which one must check the site to determine if the results have been posted.

And... I offered my feeble suggestion to modify it to make it slightly more user friendly. Though ultimately it doesn't matter.

I love shooting. I love analyzing. I love talking. I love this place.

Ocean_glocker
08-22-2012, 19:01
I love shooting. I love analyzing. I love talking. I love this place.

+1 ^^

Most Definitely, I'm not trying to poke the bear (Danny :whistling:) I have much respect for all the GSSF workers and you for moderating this sub-forum.

The rest of us are just trying to entertain ourselves while everyone else is hard at work... *I wonder if this is how my boss feels*

DannyR
08-22-2012, 19:04
Ocean,

No offense taken by your posting.:wavey:

G21H30
08-22-2012, 20:49
Yup, and I'm getting tired of it.

One solution would be to reduce the number of outdoor matches by 50%, freeing up twice as much time to process pre-registrations, running credit cards, entering prelims and posting finals. That would make everyone happy. Or would it.

GSSF is busting their butts to give us 43 matches this year, with record attendance at nearly every match to date. Two matches last weekend, two matches this weekend.

In 1999 it took 3 to 4 months to receive finals in the mail. There was no GSSF web site back then. Be patient, and be thankful.

This! My wife and I shot our first match at Hallsville in September 1998. We received the results via snail mail in January 1999. I agonized about those results for months and when they finally arrived, to my surprise my wife beat me by 30 positions!:crying:Speed is fine! Accuracy is final!!In this day and age we have become so fixated with having everything instantly, that we forget why we enjoy this sport. For my wife and I it's as much or more the time we spend together shooting,and the people we have met at matches that matters than just the scores we shoot.

yobohadi
08-22-2012, 23:04
The final results will be posted Thursday... Unless they aren't. :)

yobohadi
08-23-2012, 15:52
My guess on the delay is that nobody in Smyrna can believe that S.Kargoh can shoot that fast so they are trying to find a way to add 10 seconds to his overall score. :)

PM720
08-23-2012, 17:29
My guess on the delay is that nobody in Smyrna can believe that S.Kargoh can shoot that fast so they are trying to find a way to add 10 seconds to his overall score. :)

I thought it was nobody could beleive he could shoot that HUNGOVER! :wow: Wasn't it that match S? :dunno:

Scott

S.Kargoh
08-23-2012, 18:05
I was "sick" with something, yes.

:(

Last year in that match I got a 71.xx and finished fourth or fifth.

Maybe everyone was "sick"?

PM720
08-23-2012, 18:54
:drink::drunk::puking::shame:

:rofl:

Scott