PDA

View Full Version : Not a Glock but....

Texas JB
08-22-2012, 15:01

My new carry gun LCR9

Chesafreak
08-22-2012, 15:32
Congrats!

My EDC is an LC9. It has a trigger job from Galloway Precision and a section of bicycle innertube on the grip to keep it from chaffing my skin.

You may want to edit your post before someone gives you grief. (LCR9?)

Enjoy!

Texas JB
08-22-2012, 15:44
Lol auto correct

GlockFish
08-22-2012, 17:34
Good choice.

bac1023
08-22-2012, 17:43
Congrats! :cool:

dnuggett
08-22-2012, 17:54
Congrats. I've got one with the laser new in the box that I haven't touched yet. I need to do something with it.

CBennett
08-22-2012, 17:55
I like the LC9 nice..and good that its not a Glock too many other good handguns out there just as good and reliable as the Glock to be stuck on "only" glocks..Heck owning one made me a FORMER Glock owner lol..their grips are just not for me

WiskyT
08-22-2012, 18:07
I love mine.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/Wiskyt/P3040343.jpg

Texas JB
08-26-2012, 10:19
How much is it for a trigger job on this gun? It's a lil hard for the gf wanna lighter trigger pull

dakrat
08-26-2012, 10:21
outstanding! great little pistol and very concealable

H&K .45 AUTO
08-26-2012, 10:24
Just out of curiosity.... How does the LC9 compare in size/weight to the LCP? I recently got a new LCP, and fell in love with the size of it. Unfortunately, so did my wife. I was planning to just buy another LCP, and call it a day. But, then the LC9 caught my eye, and I am debating on whether to just buy one of those instead.

There's no question in my mind that the 9x19 round is a better choice for defense, but I am willing to compromise on caliber for the extra concealability of the smaller pistol. If, however, there isn't much difference between the two, and the LC9 could be pocket-carried just as easily... I could see no reason not to get one.

Nice looking pistol by the way.

Texas JB
08-26-2012, 10:28
I can put it in my pocket fine with a pocket holster. Just wanna know how much for a trigger job.

WiskyT
08-26-2012, 10:51
Just out of curiosity.... How does the LC9 compare in size/weight to the LCP? I recently got a new LCP, and fell in love with the size of it. Unfortunately, so did my wife. I was planning to just buy another LCP, and call it a day. But, then the LC9 caught my eye, and I am debating on whether to just buy one of those instead.

There's no question in my mind that the 9x19 round is a better choice for defense, but I am willing to compromise on caliber for the extra concealability of the smaller pistol. If, however, there isn't much difference between the two, and the LC9 could be pocket-carried just as easily... I could see no reason not to get one.

Nice looking pistol by the way.

I love my LC9 and it works for my style of dress and circumstances. It is bigger than an LCP though. It's taller, heavier, and longer. It will pocket carry, but not as easily as the LCP. I would find a gun store that will let you try it on in your pocket or other mode of carry with your typical wardrobe and see how it does.

Texas JB
08-27-2012, 08:32
Congrats!

My EDC is an LC9. It has a trigger job from Galloway Precision and a section of bicycle innertube on the grip to keep it from chaffing my skin.

You may want to edit your post before someone gives you grief. (LCR9?)

Enjoy!

How much for the trigger job?

cysoto
08-27-2012, 08:39
How much for the trigger job?

Ask them... http://gallowayprecision.com/contact/

burttrans
08-28-2012, 09:08
I love my LC9 and it works for my style of dress and circumstances. It is bigger than an LCP though. It's taller, heavier, and longer. It will pocket carry, but not as easily as the LCP. I would find a gun store that will let you try it on in your pocket or other mode of carry with your typical wardrobe and see how it does.

I find the CM9 the best pocket carry compromise that I could find. I almost bought a LCP but went with the Kahr $410 out the door and have a 9mm that is 14oz. Under 20 oz fully loaded .

WiskyT
08-28-2012, 16:12
I find the CM9 the best pocket carry compromise that I could find. I almost bought a LCP but went with the Kahr $410 out the door and have a 9mm that is 14oz. Under 20 oz fully loaded .

Not a bad choice. I went with the Ruger because I actually wanted the longer, more traditional, double action pull. This allows me to Mexican carry it without worrying about the trigger getting snagged on a shirt tail etc. I also have customer loyalty towards Ruger.