REI Labor Day Sale [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : REI Labor Day Sale

wjv
08-22-2012, 16:11
Their Labor Day sale starts this Friday.

25% of CamelBak and Osprey Hydration packs, along with sales on other camping stuff.

http://catalogs.rei.com/WebProject.asp?CodeId=7.7.1.22&cm_mmc=Email_com_gm-_-LaborDaySaleandClearance-_-082212-_-tle_labor_day_sale#

Bolster
08-22-2012, 19:12
Cool, thanks for the alert.

Lone Kimono
08-22-2012, 20:38
What do you all think of the sleeping bags?

RatDrall
08-23-2012, 05:01

Everything with REI's name on it is worth buying, when it's on sale. They have sales every couple months, for just about any reason, so you won't have to wait long if you want something.

pugman
08-24-2012, 15:23

Which one and what are you using it for?

I own three - part of the reason is my SIL works there and I get a nice discount.

I have a Radiant, Halo and Travel Down.

Some of their mummy bags seem a little tight; but like anything you really need to go into the store and try them in (as opposed to on :supergrin:).

The Marmot Pinnacle they have on sale right now is a nice bag...a friend has one.

With REI's MM sale you need to be watchful - some of the stuff looks great until you find out they only have it on sale in pink or size XXXL.

Honestly, if you want to try their bags...go buy a few and try them out. If you dont' like them return them - REI's return policy is 100% satisfaction. I have returned boots I used on hikes which, even after a break in period, didn't provide the comfort of level of support I wanted with a pack...kept the box like I do with everything....didn't even need the receipt (I'm a member)

However, the question is are you looking for a 3 season bag vs. car camping bag...synthetic or down?

If color doesn't matter I picked up my Radiant bag which normally sells for $239 for $99 because its an awful lime green

Lone Kimono
08-24-2012, 16:19
Which one and what are you using it for?

I own three - part of the reason is my SIL works there and I get a nice discount.

I have a Radiant, Halo and Travel Down.

Some of their mummy bags seem a little tight; but like anything you really need to go into the store and try them in (as opposed to on :supergrin:).

The Marmot Pinnacle they have on sale right now is a nice bag...a friend has one.

With REI's MM sale you need to be watchful - some of the stuff looks great until you find out they only have it on sale in pink or size XXXL.

Honestly, if you want to try their bags...go buy a few and try them out. If you dont' like them return them - REI's return policy is 100% satisfaction. I have returned boots I used on hikes which, even after a break in period, didn't provide the comfort of level of support I wanted with a pack...kept the box like I do with everything....didn't even need the receipt (I'm a member)

However, the question is are you looking for a 3 season bag vs. car camping bag...synthetic or down?

If color doesn't matter I picked up my Radiant bag which normally sells for $239 for $99 because its an awful lime green

Thanks for your help! I was just looking at a few of the different ones they had in there. I seem to collect sleeping bags. The reviews turned me off when they mentioned they all have zipper problems.