Horrible feed issues with Fiocchi 170gr .40 in an M&P [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Horrible feed issues with Fiocchi 170gr .40 in an M&P

cowboy1964
08-22-2012, 16:28
My M&P 40 has hundreds of rounds through it, never had an issue. Tried Fiocchi 170gr today and had almost a dozen feed jams. I think the Fiocchi bullet has a slightly smaller flat nose than normal. Some quick Googling shows others have experienced similar issues with that ammo with M&Ps and I also saw a Walther P99 mentioned.

I won't be using that ammo again. If the jams stop I will chaulk it up to definitely being the ammo.

PS. It's loaded pretty hot. Much muzzle flash as well.

Give me a round nose bullet any day.

cowboy1964
08-22-2012, 17:08
Update: Just found this thread where someone claimed Springfield told them that the Fiocchi bullet is out of spec and that's why it isn't working in an XD40.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ammo-can/199912-dont-use-italian-fiocchi-your-xd40.html

Another guy who had massive feed issues with M&P 40 and Fiocchi 170gr. He notes it is the "TC" version, not the "RN" version. I failed to notice which mine was but I will check next time.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-281099.html

WiskyT
08-22-2012, 18:12
I've never seen a 40SW round nose. They are all TC or HP.

I've shot a lot of that ammo through several Glocks without issue, but the stuff was bought a long time ago. Yours could be from a more recent lot that has some kind of issue.

cowboy1964
08-22-2012, 18:24
I've never seen a 40SW round nose. They are all TC or HP.

I've shot a lot of that ammo through several Glocks without issue, but the stuff was bought a long time ago. Yours could be from a more recent lot that has some kind of issue.

By round nose I was referring to 9mm and .45 :supergrin:

After more Googling I'm convinced it's an issue with this ammo. I should have stayed away after I saw "170gr" but that's all they had.

Fiocchi is normally good stuff and I've never had trouble with other calibers but this 170gr TC stuff sucks hard.