Jack Says Hi. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jack Says Hi.

Zombie Steve
08-23-2012, 09:25
Called Jack just now to ask about a Lyman mold of his I used a few years ago.

Long story short, he wanted me to let everyone here know he broke his back again. Other than not being able to get him off the phone (he really is worse than a woman, and maybe worse than Little Stevie in that regard), he'll be ok. He's just lyin' around taking pain meds and working on his next book.

Anyway, he wanted me to tell everyone hi for him.

And to keep things on topic, the mold was indeed a Lyman #452460. Bring on the mouse fart loads.

Colorado4Wheel
08-23-2012, 09:57
Man that sucks. Jack, I will call you later. Feel better.

unclebob
08-23-2012, 10:12
How did he break it this time?:crying: How do you break your back writing a book? :shocked:Where is that butler of his anyway?:steamed:
Get well soon jack. Hurry up and finish that book. We miss you around here.

Zombie Steve
08-23-2012, 10:28
Said he was steam cleaning his carpets. Freakin' butler. :steamed:

PhantomF4E
08-23-2012, 10:46
He's gotta stop dancin' with those young wimmin...

DoctaGlockta
08-23-2012, 11:47
I bet he ordered another 1050.

Those things put him in the hospital every time.

Get better Jack and thanks for the update Steve.

unclebob
08-23-2012, 11:51
He's gotta stop dancin' with those young wimmin...

Jack keeps breaking his back so he gets sympathy from those young ladies.:shocked:

IndyGunFreak
08-23-2012, 12:06
Take care of yourself Jack...

Time to slow down and realize there's things you can't do anymore.

So he's writing his next book while hopped on pain meds? This one should be interesting. :)

Colorado4Wheel
08-23-2012, 12:06
I remember him telling me he was going to do that about a week ago. Jeez.

F106 Fan
08-23-2012, 12:28
Jack, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Those young ladies are waiting...

Richard

sellersm
08-23-2012, 12:30
Bummer. Of course, for Jack, breaking his back is like us chipping our fingernails. Nonetheless, it sucks. Get better Jack!! And hurry up on the book! I'll just read the current one very slowly...

fredj338
08-23-2012, 13:28
Hey Steve, give him my best, tell him to drop the butler & get one of those pretty dance hall girls to come & play nurse.

Hoser
08-23-2012, 15:38
Get better soon there Gramps.

PCJim
08-23-2012, 16:11
Jack, hope you get to feeling better soon. It wouldn't hurt to open another window on that laptop and drop by here from time to time! Sure would like to hear from ya.

RustyFN
08-23-2012, 16:15

Long story short, he wanted me to let everyone here know he broke his back again. Other than not being able to get him off the phone (he really is worse than a woman, and maybe worse than Little Stevie in that regard), he'll be ok. He's just lyin' around taking pain meds and working on his next book.

And to keep things on topic, the mold was indeed a Lyman #452460. Bring on the mouse fart loads.

I have that same mold. It cast great bullets.

oldsoldier
08-23-2012, 16:20
What are the titles of his books? I want to read one. I hope he gets well soon. I always enjoy reading his posts.

norton
08-23-2012, 16:43
Jack take care of yourself, you old senior citizen. :supergrin:

TX Archer
08-23-2012, 17:03
I wondered why it has been so quiet and uneventful around here lately. Get well and come back to keep us entertained, Jack.

Zombie Steve
08-23-2012, 17:25
What are the titles of his books? I want to read one. I hope he gets well soon. I always enjoy reading his posts.

Cherish the Magic: Gioacchino Giampapa: 9780595006878: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qme7Q8rBL.@@AMEPARAM@@41qme7Q8rBL

Zombie Steve
08-23-2012, 17:28
I have that same mold. It cast great bullets.

Buddy of mine was having trouble with his casting undersized boolits. Turns out he'd caked the damn thing with some release agent from Frankford Arsenal. :okie: I cleaned it all out and got it dropping them the right size. I just wanted to make sure it was the booilt I've already been through load development with. Akrit as all get-out.

:supergrin:

fredj338
08-23-2012, 18:25
Buddy of mine was having trouble with his casting undersized boolits. Turns out he'd caked the damn thing with some release agent from Frankford Arsenal. :okie: I cleaned it all out and got it dropping them the right size. I just wanted to make sure it was the booilt I've already been through load development with. Akrit as all get-out.

Yeah, release agents are bunk, even smoking the alum molds as Lee touts causes undersized bullets.:crying:

dkf
08-23-2012, 19:01
I never understood the whole sooting of molds for casting lead. I don't cast bullets yet but have been casting lead heads and lures for years with aluminum molds and never sooted the mold. Never had any issues with releasing the lead either and that is with casting more intricate pieces than bullets.

ursoboostd
08-23-2012, 19:24
Damn. Sorry to hear Jack. Get well soon.

WiskyT
08-23-2012, 20:00
I see right through him. He's not posting because he makes money from us reading his words. If we want to read Jack, we have to buy his book. I didn't know Machiavelli's first name was Jack.

norton
08-23-2012, 20:21
Cherish the Magic: Gioacchino Giampapa: 9780595006878: Amazon.com: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Cherish-Magic-Gioacchino-Giampapa/dp/0595006876)

I downloaded the book on my e reader. Well worth the money.

ustate
08-24-2012, 12:02
I downloaded the book on my e reader. Well worth the money.

I did the same and loved his book. Get well soon Jack, I miss your posts.

ColoCG
08-24-2012, 15:05
Geez Jack your beginning to make a habit of this. You probably did it just so your women friend's will come take care of you.
I still need to get with you for some business before you get on the Best Seller list. Take care of yourself Jack!

GioaJack
08-24-2012, 15:15
Hi, all. :wavey: Thanks for the kind sentiments but lets not start divvying up my stuff just yet, gonna take more than another broken back to keep me down. (I know, of course, that you flatlanders can't understand that since ya'll call the Flight for Life if somehow primer dust infiltrates your hermetically sealed, specially designed, bubble helmeted hazmat suit while you're loading those sissy 9's.)

Little Stevie called me this morning and roused me from my blissful morphine stupor. If he said anything important I don't remember it, but there's really not much chance that he did since he's never said anything important before.

I think Zombie called me but that might have been just a drug induced nightmare... at least I hope it was... God only knows what kind of stupid questions he asked.

Hope to be back roaming the planet, or at least able to get to the potty without a walker, in a week or two... waiting anxiously for the next time I break like a china plate.

Everybody take care, and behave yourselves, I'm tired of the mods calling me and complaining about you.

Again, thanks... I appreciate it.

Jack

SARDG
08-24-2012, 15:55
...(I know, of course, that you flatlanders can't understand that since ya'll call the Flight for Life if somehow primer dust infiltrates your hermetically sealed, specially designed, bubble helmeted hazmat suit while you're loading those sissy 9's.)...

Jack
I think I've been insulted... on so many levels... Hurry back Jack, so you can translate that for me and let me know. :shocked: :embarassed:

ustate
08-24-2012, 16:06
Hi, all. :wavey: Thanks for the kind sentiments but lets not start divvying up my stuff just yet, gonna take more than another broken back to keep me down. (I know, of course, that you flatlanders can't understand that since ya'll call the Flight for Life if somehow primer dust infiltrates your hermetically sealed, specially designed, bubble helmeted hazmat suit while you're loading those sissy 9's.)

Little Stevie called me this morning and roused me from my blissful morphine stupor. If he said anything important I don't remember it, but there's really not much chance that he did since he's never said anything important before.

I think Zombie called me but that might have been just a drug induced nightmare... at least I hope it was... God only knows what kind of stupid questions he asked.

Hope to be back roaming the planet, or at least able to get to the potty without a walker, in a week or two... waiting anxiously for the next time I break like a china plate.

Everybody take care, and behave yourselves, I'm tired of the mods calling me and complaining about you.

Again, thanks... I appreciate it.

Jack

You haven't looked in your reloading room lately have you? I've already stopped by and you said to help myself to whatever I wanted.

n2extrm
08-24-2012, 17:59
Feel better. Next time you need to clean the carpets try one of those maids. You know the ones in the short black skirt and all.....:whistling:

WiskyT
08-24-2012, 18:58
i've been thinking about this. Jack breaks his back more often than the seasons change and it never stopped him from posting before. This time, he managed to get a dose of the clap and break his back at the same time.

PhantomF4E
08-24-2012, 20:32
God love ya Jack. Don't let them fellers pick ya clean just yet ...
Hey , Hemingway wrote some of his best stuff under the influence.So this one you are working on now ………
Figure it’s gonna be a pretty sucky weekend down here in the little latitudes so I just popped Amazon for a kindle copy of Cherish the Magic to pass the time.

Colorado4Wheel
08-24-2012, 22:00
Jack is leaning on his cane at the dance hall right now. And he claims the rest of us have no common sense.

Zombie Steve
08-25-2012, 08:33
Just the thought of him leaning on some innocent girl that buys his nice guy romantic eye-talian schtick makes me sick to my stomach.

sellersm
08-25-2012, 10:44
i've been thinking about this. Jack breaks his back more often than the seasons change and it never stopped him from posting before. This time, he managed to get a dose of the clap and break his back at the same time.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Get better Jack!

Zombie, that's hilarious as well!!

Little Joe
08-25-2012, 12:17
I know I haven't been through this neighborhood to do a drive-by on you in a while, but hey best of healing to you. Next time get your son-in-law to help you unload that barrel of burbon of the pickup.

PhantomF4E
08-25-2012, 12:24
Gotta love the buddies that would give you the shirt off their backs while you were bleeding profusely, as they told you to quit bleeding all over the place and wipe the mess off the darn floor!!! :rofl:

shotgunred
08-25-2012, 17:06
I hurt my back and have been in constant pain for the last month. I can't sleep and getting in and out of bed is miserable. I can't imagine breaking it once much less multiple time.

So my suggestion is to date skinnier women or at least insist you are on top.:cool:

fredj338
08-25-2012, 17:20
Just the thought of him leaning on some innocent girl that buys his nice guy romantic eye-talian schtick makes me sick to my stomach.

He's recruiting nurses Steve, more power to him. It's probably a tax deduction as well. Get better Jack.:wavey:

Zombie Steve
08-25-2012, 21:34
Get well soon, feccia!

:puking:

G36_Me
08-26-2012, 14:29
I guess I'll have to download the book since all Jack's friends gave it 5 stars on Amazon. I'm actually looking forward to it. Hang in there buddy.

Zombie Steve
11-21-2012, 12:43
Checked in with Jack a few minutes ago. Apparently, he can still fog up a mirror and is upset about the cost of musket balls. I guess they were a lot cheaper in the Nixon administration.

Anyway, he wanted me to tell everyone to drink scotch and load ammo, then go driving around and to generally take a lot of unnecessary risks this Thanksgiving holiday.

If I don't check back in (I have my thanksgiving bullets to go size), I say y'all should have a fun Thanksgiving too.

:wavey:

SARDG
11-21-2012, 16:13
Checked in with Jack a few minutes ago. Apparently, he can still fog up a mirror...
Thanks Steve; I hope Jack is still reading the diatribe on GT/R occassionally.

unclebob
11-21-2012, 16:30
Apparently, he can still fog up a mirror and is upset about the cost of musket balls. I guess they were a lot cheaper in the Nixon administration.

Don’t you mean Washington’s administration?:supergrin:

dougader
11-21-2012, 16:46
Jack, Steve, Fred, Zombie and all: have a great Thanksgiving.

:cool:

norton
11-21-2012, 17:17
Happy Turkey day to all of you.

RustyFN
11-21-2012, 18:57

Thanks for the update. I use the same mold. It cast great bullets.

WiskyT
11-21-2012, 19:10
Glad to hear he's doing well.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

SARDG
11-21-2012, 20:18
Thanks for the update. I use the same mold. It cast great bullets.
That 'update' was from August...

Zombie Steve
11-21-2012, 23:28
Glad to hear he's doing well.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

I wouldn't say he's doing well. He's been sick from some flu bug and his Rheumatoid Arthritis sent him to the hospital recently, but he can fog up a mirror and still has the strength to yell at me about round ball prices.

But... he's looking at the green side of the grass, and for that I'm thankful even though he is a mean old Dago.

:cool:

Get well soon, Jack! :thumbsup:

Boxerglocker
11-22-2012, 10:26
Get well soon, Jack! :thumbsup:

:agree: I second that... Get well soon Jack.

EL_NinO619
11-22-2012, 10:40
Get well soon Jack.

NMG26
11-22-2012, 10:58
Hi Jack.

Always liked your writing.

What was his first book?

RustyFN
11-22-2012, 15:29

Yea mine drop right at .452 and never needed a release agent.

mpw003
11-22-2012, 16:11
Amazon.com: Cherish the Magic (9780595006878): Gioacchino Giampapa: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41qme7Q8rBL.@@AMEPARAM@@41qme7Q8rBL

RustyFN
11-22-2012, 18:23
That 'update' was from August...

I keep telling my self I need to look at the dates on these threads and keep forgetting.

norton
11-22-2012, 20:48
From a dweller in flatness

Get well Jack.

ustate
11-23-2012, 10:54
Let him know we asked you to keep him distracted so we can sneak into his reloading room and take off with his lead supply, lol.

NMG26
11-23-2012, 17:57
Amazon.com: Cherish the Magic (9780595006878): Gioacchino Giampapa: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Cherish-Magic-Gioacchino-Giampapa/dp/0595006876)

Thanks.

unclebob
11-23-2012, 18:25
I bought the book to take with me on our trip to Thailand back in February. Never made it out of the States. It was hard to put the book down. Would even get up at 1 or 2am. just to finish a chapter.:thumbsup::thumbsup: