Smashed Polymer Tips from rifle magazine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Smashed Polymer Tips from rifle magazine

doverpack12
08-23-2012, 13:28
Does anyone have any ideas on how i can eliminate the problem of my rifle smashing polymer tips in my magazine from shot recoil. I shoot a 30-06 Winchester Model 70. I have called winchester and they had me replace the follower and magazine spring and i think that helped some. The tips are still being smashed but not near as bad. I have been working on a solution to this problem for years and have shot flat nose bullets which fixed the problem but i really like the e-tips and would like to continue to use them. Nosler has told me a smashed tip will not affect accuracy out to about 300 yards. I do not plan on taking a shot over that distance but in the event i need to i would like to have confidence my bullet will go where i aim. When smashed the tips have a flat part where the plint was and the entire end balls up about half way back along the polymer tip.

countrygun
08-23-2012, 13:33
In heavy recoiling rifles they used to put a shoulder in the mag to prevent setback, but I think the company is correct about the effect. Shoot a few at distance on paper and see if they know what they are talking about

whitebread
08-23-2012, 13:53
You won't like this answer, but load them one at a time.