Cowboy 44 mag. Ruger or Uberti? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy 44 mag. Ruger or Uberti?

Bernie Link
08-23-2012, 17:19
I'm thinking about buying a 44 mag. Looking at
Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk and Uberti. Anyone have an opinion? Thanks, Bernie

bustedknee
08-23-2012, 18:06
Ruger, by a long shot.

Didja get the pun? :animlol:

countrygun
08-23-2012, 18:09
I have seeral Rugers and an Uberti/Beretta . I love the Uberti as a SAA Clone, and it is great but it is a .45 Colt, the Ruger is a better magnum. IMO

bac1023
08-23-2012, 18:36
Ruger for sure

Bernie Link
08-24-2012, 10:22
Thanks Guys. In thinking about Ruger which would be better, super blackhawk, old style blackhawk (3 screw), or red hawk? Thanks, Bernie

SigFTW
08-24-2012, 10:29
Ruger is built like a tank and they have great customer service.

countrygun
08-24-2012, 10:42
Thanks Guys. In thinking about Ruger which would be better, super blackhawk, old style blackhawk (3 screw), or red hawk? Thanks, Bernie

Well, since the redhawk is a DA and that is a different kettle of fish, I think my favorite SA Ruger .44 is my 50th Anniversary flattop. I am a little biased towards the ols style grip frame though. There are so mant ariations at this moment that you can about get anything that pleases you personally including the Bisely grip fram, which would be my choice for a heavy handload, shoot a lot hunting and plinking .44 mag

alwaysshootin
08-24-2012, 10:54

Red Hawk isn't cowboy. If you have large hands, seriously consider the Bisley grip configuration. I've had a number of Black Hawks, and always felt the grips were a little on the smallish side. Fell in love with the Bisley Hunter. When it comes to 44 magnum, the Ruger lineup, is where I start, and, finish, the search, although I'll admit, I'd love to have a BFR!

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-44-Magnum-Revolver-5-inch-Barrel.asp

SigFTW
08-24-2012, 11:04
Red Hawk isn't cowboy. If you have large hands, seriously consider the Bisley grip configuration. I've had a number of Black Hawks, and always felt the grips were a little on the smallish side. Fell in love with the Bisley Hunter. When it comes to 44 magnum, the Ruger lineup, is where I start, and, finish, the search, although I'll admit, I'd love to have a BFR!

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-44-Magnum-Revolver-5-inch-Barrel.asp

The Bisley grips are my favored grip style.

writwing
08-24-2012, 15:57
Ruger Better built, better backed, Made in America

Rinspeed
08-24-2012, 21:37
What's not to like about Rugers. I have thousands and thousands of rounds through 5 or 6 of them and have never had any problems at all.