Wally World and Colt's LE6920 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wally World and Colt's LE6920

byf43
08-23-2012, 21:23
Took my youngest daughter back to college in Blacksburg, VA, today.
(Go Hokies!!!) :supergrin:

Anyway, we went to Wally World to pick up some miscellaneous bovine scatology, and walked past the gun/hunting section, and right there, in the cabinet, was a Colt LE6920, for less than $1,100.00!

In Maryland. . . . no way!!!!!

Too bad the they'd have to ship it to an FFL in MD. (Maryland requires that this model be 'registered', because of that 'light contour' barrel!)
Bastiges.

If it had been a 6721, I coulda walked out the store with it!!

Still . . . . I really like SW Virginia!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dawolf
08-23-2012, 21:36
Must thought they were ordering a Umarex .22????

The_Gun_Guru
08-23-2012, 21:43
FL may have TOO MANY immigrants, but we sure have GREAT gun laws!!!!

I love my new LE6920!!!! I only bought it because of what happened in CO. My thinking?

Get it now BEFORE the demoCRAPS take them away!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/gunguru364/MISC%20Rifles/080212200502.jpg

TGG

dnuggett
08-23-2012, 22:25
........some wacko wasted a bunch of sheeple!

TGG

Damn man. Really? Among your "sheeple" was an enlisted Navy sailor, a woman on active duty in the Air Force and an 18 year old.

Oh and this 6 year old... this is one of your "wasted sheeple."

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/dnuggett/2be3d7e6dfe30d62321e6be97b4acab5.jpg

Your thoughts about this country have gone past any rational thought. Something is wrong with you.

fnfalman
08-23-2012, 22:42
Damn man. Really? A child died.

It don't faze him none. He's a hard mofo.

What the F is wrong with you?

Nothing wrong with him. He's a hard mofo.

mixflip
08-23-2012, 22:49
I got mine specifically because of the elections! Get yours now!!!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/DSCN5875.jpg

dnuggett
08-23-2012, 22:58
It don't faze him none. He's a hard mofo.

I want to be put on record as having a harder LE6920 than that hard mofo has.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/dnuggett/b4c23f77c80b8a76c8e431c292a601fb.jpg

Sniperfox
08-24-2012, 01:53
The walmart here has one. It also has a Wyndam, a Bushmaster, a DPMS and a Remington. Times have changed.

jfost11
08-24-2012, 02:32
The walmart here has one. It also has a Wyndam, a Bushmaster, a DPMS and a Remington. Times have changed.

I happened to stumble across the Bushmaster on walmart.com but the price wasn't listed. The closest one to me that showed in stock was 5 hours away in TN. I called a local store just to satisfy my curiosity about price and availability. The sporting goods clerk said they did get them from time to time but the home office decided when they got an allotment and the store wasn't involved in the process. He couldn't even order one if someone were standing there with cash. He also said there was a waiting list for them. If I found a Colt in stock near me, I'd buy it on the spot. Of course, being in VA, I could do that.

WoodenPlank
08-24-2012, 04:00
Took my youngest daughter back to college in Blacksburg, VA, today.
(Go Hokies!!!) :supergrin:

Anyway, we went to Wally World to pick up some miscellaneous bovine scatology, and walked past the gun/hunting section, and right there, in the cabinet, was a Colt LE6920, for less than $1,100.00!

In Maryland. . . . no way!!!!!

Too bad the they'd have to ship it to an FFL in MD. (Maryland requires that this model be 'registered', because of that 'light contour' barrel!)
Bastiges.

If it had been a 6721, I coulda walked out the store with it!!

Still . . . . I really like SW Virginia!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...wait, what?!

Why the hell does barrel profile cause it to have to be 'registered'?

Google fu is failing me, so can someone explain this nonsense?

Liebestraum
08-24-2012, 05:41
...wait, what?!

Probably the same reason VA requires you to prove citizenship when buying a gun with a 30 round mag. Same exact gun with a 20 round, OK! 30 rounder HOLY CRAP TERRORIST ALERT!

WoodenPlank
08-24-2012, 05:58
Probably the same reason VA requires you to prove citizenship when buying a gun with a 30 round mag. Same exact gun with a 20 round, OK! 30 rounder HOLY CRAP TERRORIST ALERT!

Thanks for reminding me why I love living in Florida. Holy hell...

The_Gun_Guru
08-24-2012, 06:40
Your thoughts about this country have gone past any rational thought. Something is wrong with you.

No, I'm just tired of people blaming the gun instead of the nut holding it.:wavey: The lawmakers have most of the country brainwashed into thinking that taking away the guns will make America a Utopia.

I did edit my post because, you are right, it was a bit rough.

TGG

byf43
08-24-2012, 09:23
...wait, what?!

Maryland has what they call "The Roster".
On this 'Roster' are firearms that they consider to be "Regulated Firearms".

The HBAR contour barrels are NOT 'regulated' (such as my AR-HBAR, and the Colt 6721). The "light contour" barrel has that 'cut-out' that "can" accept a grenade launcher, etc., is considered "Bad juju" or an 'assault rifle'. Ha!

IF the AR has the heavy barrel, Maryland considers that to be "O.K.", and it doesn't have to be registered.
LE6721 = cash and carry.
LE6920 = 7 day waiting period.

IF I could get a Colt set-up like the 6721, with a 1:7 twist barrel, I'd be happy.

When these 'bad' guns are 'registered', the process is like when we Marylander's have to wait a minimum of 7 days before we can take possession of the firearm.

Maryland. . . . . "The Free State". What an oxymoron! (Kinda like the morons in charge of this 'state'!):rofl:

WoodenPlank
08-24-2012, 11:55
Maryland has what they call "The Roster".
On this 'Roster' are firearms that they consider to be "Regulated Firearms".

The HBAR contour barrels are NOT 'regulated' (such as my AR-HBAR, and the Colt 6721). The "light contour" barrel has that 'cut-out' that "can" accept a grenade launcher, etc., is considered "Bad juju" or an 'assault rifle'. Ha!

IF the AR has the heavy barrel, Maryland considers that to be "O.K.", and it doesn't have to be registered.
LE6721 = cash and carry.
LE6920 = 7 day waiting period.

IF I could get a Colt set-up like the 6721, with a 1:7 twist barrel, I'd be happy.

When these 'bad' guns are 'registered', the process is like when we Marylander's have to wait a minimum of 7 days before we can take possession of the firearm.

Maryland. . . . . "The Free State". What an oxymoron! (Kinda like the morons in charge of this 'state'!):rofl:

So it's the 203 cut specifically that causes the issue?

Good grief.