Holster help! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holster help!

tazmaniandevil
08-24-2012, 10:26
I've just recently purchased a Glock 22 gen 3, and I want to know a few people's opinions on their favorite holsters for mainly IDPA shooting, looking on starting here soon. A friend of mine does custom kydex stuff, and I don't mind the kydex mag holders, but I'd rather not have a kydex holster. thanks!

-Kyle

ron59
08-24-2012, 13:44
Kydex is what everybody uses for competition.... except for those guys who've never shot one who show up with a floppy leather or nylon ****ty-ass holster.

tuica
08-24-2012, 13:52
Give Glock's Sport/Combat a try. The best $15 holster on the globe. Cheers.

ron59
08-24-2012, 19:49
Give Glock's Sport/Combat a try. The best $15 holster on the globe. Cheers.

Yes. Especially if u want a holster that will pull your pants up around your ears as you try to yank your gun out.

waktasz
08-24-2012, 21:05
Yes. Especially if u want a holster that will pull your pants up around your ears as you try to yank your gun out.

A blow torch would probably fix that.

tuica
08-25-2012, 12:02
You will find more folks that like the S/C over the few naysayers. They are tight, but that can be easily fixed by spraying inside w/ silicone, or sanding down the trigger guard nub. I have tried many, more expensive holsters, and still come back to this one. Give it a try! Cheers.Yes. Especially if u want a holster that will pull your pants up around your ears as you try to yank your gun out.

Spiffums
08-25-2012, 17:51
I've just recently purchased a Glock 22 gen 3, and I want to know a few people's opinions on their favorite holsters for mainly IDPA shooting, looking on starting here soon. A friend of mine does custom kydex stuff, and I don't mind the kydex mag holders, but I'd rather not have a kydex holster. thanks!

-Kyle

I assume your going to at Oak Ridge? Just show up a little early and look at us in our Cos Play outfits, you will see just about every holster made. :rofl:

That said if you want an off the shelf Leather rig, Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville should have something to work for ya.

If your not in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area......then none of this will help you.