Threaded Barrel for CZ97B [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Threaded Barrel for CZ97B

20SFLV
08-24-2012, 19:11
I have a CZ97B, and I am looking for a threaded barrel for it. CZ Custom doesn't offer one, and I can't seem to find a place that sells them. I will at some point have an Osprey .45 suppressor once the ATF issues the tax stamp, and I would like to be able to use the suppressor with the CZ.

Anyone know where I can buy a threaded barrel for a CZ 97B?

Thank you.

ronin.45
08-24-2012, 22:14
The 97 is the redheaded stepchild of the CZ line. Most people don't know it exists and nobody makes parts for it. It is a great gun, but has no support.

irishbum
08-25-2012, 11:39
Good luck, CZ threaded barrels esp in the 97 you have to go custom. I have not seen any extended length barrels that are worth buying. I heard rumors that CZ was going to start making threaded barrels,but then spoke to someone who works at CZ and she said there are no plans at the moment.

Check out Tornado Tech,there will be a wait but they should be able to thread and extend your barrel.
http://www.tornado-technologies.com/

I have a SP-01 I would love to use with my suppressor but I would really like to see a nice quality barrel come out. I have considered using TornadoTech but just don't wanna go that long without my gun.

If you do it I would love to see pics of it finished.

20SFLV
08-25-2012, 14:51
The 97 is the redheaded stepchild of the CZ line. Most people don't know it exists and nobody makes parts for it. It is a great gun, but has no support.

That is true. A lot of people haven't heard of CZ, much less the 97B.

The CZ Custom Shop makes some good items for it, but not like they do for the 75B. Frustrating.

20SFLV
08-25-2012, 14:54
Good luck, CZ threaded barrels esp in the 97 you have to go custom. I have not seen any extended length barrels that are worth buying. I heard rumors that CZ was going to start making threaded barrels,but then spoke to someone who works at CZ and she said there are no plans at the moment.

Check out Tornado Tech,there will be a wait but they should be able to thread and extend your barrel.
http://www.tornado-technologies.com/

I have a SP-01 I would love to use with my suppressor but I would really like to see a nice quality barrel come out. I have considered using TornadoTech but just don't wanna go that long without my gun.

If you do it I would love to see pics of it finished.

I checked with Tornado Tech previously, but I don't believe they will work on the barrel right now. It has been a while so I don't remember their reason, but I know I had to cross them off my list because they couldn't do it. I don't want to extend and thread current barrel because if there are any problems, it will be difficult to get a replacement barrel. There are some smiths near me, and I will check with them to see if they can do it.

bac1023
08-25-2012, 16:11

This ^

I've got one too. Its a great gun, but not very popular.

Aceman
08-25-2012, 16:26

Not only do I know it exists, but I consider it one of the most under-rated .45's ever.

MarcDW
08-25-2012, 16:38
As nice the 97B is, there is little hope of a aftermarket barrel.
Even IGB Austria at this time has no plans to make one.

irishbum
08-25-2012, 18:53
*I don't want to extend and thread current barrel because if there are any problems, it will be difficult to get a replacement barrel. There are some smiths near me, and I will check with them to see if they can do it.*

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0460049101/Barrel--Cz97-45-Acp.aspx

You can always buy another barrel and have that threaded. For $150 plus the cost of threading and extending is gonna be close to what a custom barrel would be.

It sucks I know this is why I haven't done it to my CZ.

raven11
08-25-2012, 19:06
It sounds like cz is trying to get into the suppressor game with the suppressor ready CZ P07 but it's sad when it's easier to put a supressor on a CZ75 in call of duty than in real life

irishbum
08-25-2012, 20:18
It sounds like cz is trying to get into the suppressor game with the suppressor ready CZ P07 but it's sad when it's easier to put a supressor on a CZ75 in call of duty than in real life

Actually they sell an extended barrel for the 75, struts have it cut and threaded. The SP-01 has a larger diameter so the 75 barrel doesn't fit.

They would be wise to start making barrels in house.

plus In COD the suppressed CZ has less damage, and if you are not going full auto then what's the point.:tongueout:
My kids plays so if this isn't 100 percent true sorry.:supergrin:

20SFLV
08-26-2012, 11:54
*I don't want to extend and thread current barrel because if there are any problems, it will be difficult to get a replacement barrel. There are some smiths near me, and I will check with them to see if they can do it.*

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0460049101/Barrel--Cz97-45-Acp.aspx

You can always buy another barrel and have that threaded. For $150 plus the cost of threading and extending is gonna be close to what a custom barrel would be.

It sucks I know this is why I haven't done it to my CZ.

That is definitely a possibility. I went looking at CZ's website a while ago, but some reason couldn't find it. I guess I better find out when my 97B was made if I buy another barrel from CZ. I just picked it up, but who knows when it was produced.

I looked at Bar-Sto since I know they make custom barrels, but they state they stopped making barrels for CZs. Annoying.