Advice: Battle Comp vs. Surefire MB556K [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advice: Battle Comp vs. Surefire MB556K

Apetrulis01
08-25-2012, 21:07
Hello:

I am going to get a muzzle brake for my AR and have narrowed it down to the Battle Comp and the Surefire.

Which one do you prefer? If you have shot both which one works the best to reduce recoil and muzzle rise.

I know there are bigger and better breaks but this is doubling as a three gun rifle and work rifle.

Thanks,
Adam

Shooter64
08-25-2012, 21:43
I have owned the battle comp. It is effective but not as effective as brakes and comps with large expansion chambers/ports. But, it does reduce the blast to the shooter, compared to the open chamber/ports style brakes.

Sent from TapTalk 2

WoodenPlank
08-25-2012, 22:44
The 556k brake is amazing at killing recoil and muzzle rise.

It is also amazing at chasing everyone around you off the shooting range, clearing out sinuses (violently), and forcing you to use double hearing protection with shorter barrels. It also throws one HELL of a fireball.

In my limited experience with the BC, it is almost as good at recoil reduction, it has nowhere near as much blast, and less flame or flash.

If you don't care about the drawbacks I mentioned on the Surefire, then get it. If any of those seem like a major problem, stick to the BC, or something else.

NeverMore1701
08-25-2012, 22:44
Love my BC. There are comps, breaks, and hiders that do their individual functions better, but nothing that I've tried that do all three as well, especially without huge concussion.

RetailNinjitsu
08-26-2012, 09:34
tag...