GSSF stats with an asterisk? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSSF stats with an asterisk?

Seale Team
08-26-2012, 21:12
Ive been looking at some pending results from the CO GSSF match and see an asterisk beside several names. Any idea what these denote?

SCC
08-26-2012, 21:14
Master shooter

Seale Team
08-26-2012, 21:19
Humn, not all the masters have it. Is this a guess on your behalf or whats usually done?

Don At PC
08-26-2012, 21:27
IT identifies (GSSF) Master Class Shooters. Has been that way for several years.

Don

Butch
08-26-2012, 22:39
Humn, not all the masters have it. Is this a guess on your behalf or whats usually done?
If you're looking at the Master Stock match, not everyone shooting in it are master class shooters, anyone can compete against the masters. :)

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 07:58
Ok, let me word it this way....If a shooter is Master and not marked, would it change anyones placing, prizes or anything?

I dont wish to bother them with a change if no one is effected.

Thanks.

DannyR
08-27-2012, 08:18
Yes, it could effect prize distribution, especially the pistol award. It takes 10 Masters in most categories to earn a pistol award. Exceptions are Master Stock and Unlimited, which take 10 entries period.

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 08:23
I'll get in touch with them. Thanks.

Don At PC
08-27-2012, 08:24
Ok, let me word it this way....If a shooter is Master and not marked, would it change anyones placing, prizes or anything?

I dont wish to bother them with a change if no one is effected.

Thanks.

Yes, it could have a big effect on the prize allocation. Plus it would be cheating and crapping all over other fellow shooters. If it is know it should be reported so that GSSF can research it and act accordingly.

Don

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 08:41
Yes, it could have a big effect on the prize allocation. Plus it would be cheating and crapping all over other fellow shooters. If it is know it should be reported so that GSSF can research it and act accordingly.

Don

The shooter is myself. I've already emailed them. I just wanted to find out if it had any bearing on anything before it just looked like I was wanting recognition for being a Master shooter, which I could care less about. Figured they were busy enough without unneeded corrections.

Again, Thanks.

SARDG
08-27-2012, 08:52
I am taking this to mean that you are a GSSF Master and are not marked as such? You're not giving us much to go on, so we are guessing our way through this. But if your third gun win was very recent, GSSF and the software hasn't likey caught up. I think that can happen if your third gun is a potential win - in the prelims, it may not show up right away.

But yes, by all means, drop GSSF an e-mail. You should eventually (after finals are posted for your third gun) receive a letter confirming your Master status and telling you to enter only those Divisions open to Masters, in the future.

ETA: Okay, all should be well...

SARDG
08-27-2012, 08:56
...before it just looked like I was wanting recognition for being a Master shooter, which I could care less about...
Personally, I would like to regain recognition as an amateur, but no matter how poorly I shoot, they won't let me go back. :crying: :rofl:

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 09:00
I am taking this to mean that you are a GSSF Master and are not marked as such? You're not giving us much to go on, so we are guessing our way through this. But if your third gun win was very recent, GSSF and the software hasn't likey caught up. I think that can happen if your third gun is a potential win - in the prelims, it may not show up right away.

But yes, by all means, drop GSSF an e-mail. You should eventually (after finals are posted for your third gun) receive a letter confirming your Master status and telling you to enter only those Divisions open to Masters, in the future.

ETA: Okay, all should be well...

I guess I could hold off till the 2nd email back and forth is answered, but I probably ought to go to work, just wanted to clear this before I caused some possible work for them.

Long story short, Im a double Grand Master in USPSA.(Altho far from it with a Glock) I didnt want it to come across as bragging. I've let them know and its in their hands. Im reading into your response as more than three guns are won before the designation. (?) If so then, :supergrin:

DannyR
08-27-2012, 09:04
USPSA Masters are automatically a GSSF Master.

SARDG
08-27-2012, 09:13
USPSA Masters are automatically a GSSF Master.
Ah yes, I neglected to consider that that could have been the case.

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 09:21
They just emailed me they got it changed so all is good. See you guys at he range someday.

Don At PC
08-27-2012, 09:23
Seale Team;

Thanks for being a stand-up guy and notifying GSSF. A little bragging from you is fully acceptabe. I am sure you have worked very hard to achieve that level and I fully respect that.

Again, Thanks you are a true professional.

Don

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 09:32
Don-

Thanks for the kind words. (And also in reading your sigline, your Service) I took a 7 year break in shooting after a new marriage, had better things to do.:supergrin: I've just recently started back shooting a bit. No time to ever practice but still enjoy the game. Some of the best people I've ever met has been at matches, even met my wife on the range.

Wayne

Don At PC
08-27-2012, 09:46
Wayne ;

Thank you. I understand finding practice time and adjusting to married life. Hope to see you on the range some day and say "Hi" in person.

If all goes well I plan on shooting the following matches on this seasons schedule:Conyers, Mobile, Lexington, and San Antonio.

Don

BamaTrooper
08-27-2012, 14:27
Don-

Thanks for the kind words. (And also in reading your sigline, your Service) I took a 7 year break in shooting after a new marriage, had better things to do.:supergrin: I've just recently started back shooting a bit. No time to ever practice but still enjoy the game. Some of the best people I've ever met has been at matches, even met my wife on the range.

Wayne

You still in lower Alabama Wayne?

Seale Team
08-27-2012, 14:39
You still in lower Alabama Wayne?

Wow! Im betting your initials are LG? I'm in CO these days. I'll PM you my number.

ede
08-27-2012, 18:36
Personally, I would like to regain recognition as an amateur, but no matter how poorly I shoot, they won't let me go back. :crying: :rofl:

try shooting faster, works for Mike.

SARDG
08-27-2012, 18:53
try shooting faster, works for Mike.
I've noticed... :whistling: