How do I sell an HKSR9? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do I sell an HKSR9?

Xavier01
08-26-2012, 23:01
I am thinking about selling an HKSR9 with a Leupold mounted on top. It is absolutely gorgeous as I am the only owner, but I need some money. So, I have some questions:

1. How should I go about selling this without getting ripped off?
2. How much should I expect to receive?
3. Do I take it to Cabelas and have them consign it?
4. Or, do I use one of the online auctions?
5. Should I keep the scope? It is mounted on a claw mount - i believe it is called an ARMS, if I recall. Ingenious design.
6. Are the online auctions safe to use? Which will give me the most money?
7. Please fill me in on any other advice you may have.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question.

WoodenPlank
08-27-2012, 00:08
Honestly, this probably would have been better off in the Battle Rifle forum, not the BRF. Not that big of a deal, though.

The G3-based HK rifles are no longer imported into the US, so their prices have gone up, especially for collectors. SR9s are a little more rare and unusual in my experience, but I couldn't begin to guess at value. You would probably be best off signing up over at HK Pro and post your questions (and photos) over there.

uzimon
08-27-2012, 03:49
List it on www.sturmgewehr.com

vafish
08-27-2012, 05:29
An online auction will get you the most money.

But they have their own pitfalls and most buyers are skittish of a seller with no history.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

LA_357SIG
08-27-2012, 07:49
I would register over at HKpro.com (http://www.hkpro.com/forum/)and place an ad there. In the mean time, while you up your posts and make a friendly presence, I would also make an ad on Armslist (http://www.armslist.com/).

Xavier01
08-28-2012, 18:32
If it helps, I am certain that I still have the receipt for th
is purchase and very possibly the mount and scope. Additionally, I probably still have the bank statement that itemizes that purchase.

Xavier

Cell 602-317-4701

wellcraft
08-29-2012, 05:53
gunbroker may be a good place to see what the gun is selling for and provide a fair price point. i'd go to HKpro and see what those HK guru's have to say about value and then combine that with what you found on gunbroker to determine a selling price. i believe you have to have a certain number of posts before you can utilize HKpro's classified section. i've sold several firearms on sturmgewehr and there's no requirement to register.

bac1023
08-29-2012, 06:03
An online auction will get you the most money.

Very true

That's the way to go.

hoghunter82
08-29-2012, 08:28
I'd get input from HKPro forum first.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

itstime
08-29-2012, 08:39
HKPro. That's where I go for the other brand. Very knowlegable people there.