Colt Wiley Clapp Commander. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt Wiley Clapp Commander.

NEOH212
08-27-2012, 01:07
Does anyone remember if Colt made this gun in a all steel variant? I know they had the one with the alloy frame. I really like this pistol but would like it better if I could find one made all from steel. (I'll keep my fingers crossed!)

Anyone have one?

Impressions?

If they didn't make it in a all steel configuration, does anyone know of another company offering a equivalent gun (or very close to it) made of all steel?

Note: Price is no object.

Thanks!

:wavey:

seanmac45
08-27-2012, 04:55
I own the Wiley Clapp Commander and it's a sweet little pistol. It runs great and carries nicely due to the lighter weight. Best of all, it's a modern Colt with series 70 firing system which was what finally caused me to purchase.

I'm sure there are many Colt clones in commander size configuration. On the higher end I would recommend a Wilson Combat Professional models.

I am sure others will be able to recommend more alternatives.

Good Luck

glock2740
08-27-2012, 05:28
Does anyone remember if Colt made this gun in a all steel variant? I know they had the one with the alloy frame. I really like this pistol but would like it better if I could find one made all from steel. (I'll keep my fingers crossed!)

Anyone have one?

Impressions?

If they didn't make it in a all steel configuration, does anyone know of another company offering a equivalent gun (or very close to it) made of all steel?

Thanks!

Guncrafter, Nighthawk and Ed Brown all make steel framed Commander size guns with those features. Of the three, I'd recommend Guncrafter.

Rinspeed
08-27-2012, 07:43

Give Jason Burton a call. :wavey:

bac1023
08-27-2012, 08:00

Anyone have one?

Impressions?

Thanks!

If price is no object, I wouldn't be looking at Colt. :cool:

bac1023
08-27-2012, 08:00
Give Jason Burton a call. :wavey:

:thumbsup:

NEOH212
08-27-2012, 11:00
Thanks everyone. Bac, your point is well taken! :supergrin:

I'm going to give Mr. Burton a call to see what he has to say.

glock2740
08-27-2012, 17:59
Yeah, if you really want a Colt, just get a Commander and have it done your way. :cool:

TexasLEO
08-27-2012, 20:18
another vote for Guncrafter

RetailNinja
08-28-2012, 16:53
FWIW,

There is a Wiley Clapp government model out this year that has a steel frame. For the price, I'd just go with a Colt Gunsite 5".

I really love my Wiley Clapp commander.

faawrenchbndr
08-28-2012, 17:49
Guncrafter Industries...........