Getting Ready to Pull the Trigger on a Caracal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready to Pull the Trigger on a Caracal

DaBurna
08-27-2012, 02:25
I haven't decided as of yet which one I'll get the Caracal C or Caracal F... I'm leaning more towards the Caracal C b/c I'd be using it primarily for CCW. I loooooove my Glocks, but have recently kinda branched away from the Glock Tree, as I have my needs/wants kinda covered with the exception of the G17 the "Grandaddy of Em ALL".:supergrin:

I know people are up in arms (pun intended) about this particular gun. Wilhelm Bubits has definitely worked his MOJO on this one! I recently bought his other creation the Steyr C9-A1 and ENJOY shooting it as well. I could care less if people RAG me about having a "Camel Jockey Gun" or that I'm covertly or overtly promoting terrorism by purchasing it.

Hopefully it will be a good experience and I'm jumping in before the prices SKYROCKET on firearms in general b/c of the MASS HYSTERIA surrounding election time.:upeyes:

Count me in Fellow Glock/Caracalers! :wavey:

SouthpawG26
08-27-2012, 02:35
Caracal is about to launch an aggressive PR assault with IPSC world champion runner up JJ Racaza running this gun in national and international Production division.

I have no doubt that the prices will only go up. Good move to get it now, I think. You'll just have to wait for the accessories...

DaBurna
08-27-2012, 02:41
Caracal is about to launch an aggressive PR assault with IPSC world champion runner up JJ Racaza running this gun in national and international Production division.

I have no doubt that the prices will only go up. Good move to get it now, I think. You'll just have to wait for the accessories...

That guy can FLAT OUT SHOOOOOOOOT!!! :wow::supergrin:

I just put in my order to Bud's, so hopefullyl my FFL will have it by the end of the week...

bac1023
08-27-2012, 07:17
Congrats in advance. :cool:

M2 Carbine
08-27-2012, 07:24
Local gun store as one, compact I think.
Good looking gun and the price seems right at a little over $400.

Viper 1
08-27-2012, 07:48
I haven't decided as of yet which one I'll get the Caracal C or Caracal F... I'm leaning more towards the Caracal C b/c I'd be using it primarily for CCW. I loooooove my Glocks, but have recently kinda branched away from the Glock Tree, as I have my needs/wants kinda covered with the exception of the G17 the "Grandaddy of Em ALL".:supergrin:

I know people are up in arms (pun intended) about this particular gun. Wilhelm Bubits has definitely worked his MOJO on this one! I recently bought his other creation the Steyr C9-A1 and ENJOY shooting it as well. I could care less if people RAG me about having a "Camel Jockey Gun" or that I'm covertly or overtly promoting terrorism by purchasing it.

Hopefully it will be a good experience and I'm jumping in before the prices SKYROCKET on firearms in general b/c of the MASS HYSTERIA surrounding election time.:upeyes:

Count me in Fellow Glock/Caracalers! :wavey:

I have a C with about 500 rounds through it; it's been flawless, very accurate and soft shooting. I own many Glocks but the Caracal is different in it's trigger and feel.

Congrats!

mabgrac
08-27-2012, 14:07
I have had a C model that I hadn't ever shot. I had it boxed up in my car with the idea of selling it because I recently bought a different toy and wanted to sell some of my other toys to offset the expense. Thanks to Tropical Storm Isaac I didn't have to work today so I decided to take a long overdue trip to the range. I took it and my G32 to compare.

I am going to miss the .357 Sig, but I loved the Caracal.

DaBurna
08-27-2012, 15:27
<==== pretty stoked and can't wait... That will mean I have 3 Mean Bulbit Machines (Glock, Steyr, & Caracal)

Comedian
08-27-2012, 17:26
<==== pretty stoked and can't wait... That will mean I have 3 Mean Bulbit Machines (Glock, Steyr, & Caracal)

I love my Caracals. Are you getting the F or C?

DaBurna
08-27-2012, 18:55

I've got in on a Caracal C.... I've shot a Caracal F.... And really liked it...I went with the Caracal C for a couple of reasons:
- Close to G19 in size, but still holds 15 +1
- Looks Sharp
- Passed all MAJOR NATO, & European Testing
-CCW sized

I really LIKE the way the Caracal F looks as well... Probably over the next year & a half I'll probably end up with a Caracal SC & a .40 when it comes to market if things go smoothly!

hoghunter82
08-27-2012, 19:43
I really like the looks of the Caracal. Something about it is attractive. Gonna get slammed for this but the bore axis kinda reminds me of a HK P7 for some reason. I wouldn't mind picking one up someday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

LarryNC
08-28-2012, 01:12

Just out of curiosity, which do you prefer, the F or the C? My local shop has one of each and I'm kind of tempted to return there tomorrow for another adoption :supergrin:

Comedian
08-28-2012, 19:30
Just out of curiosity, which do you prefer, the F or the C? My local shop has one of each and I'm kind of tempted to return there tomorrow for another adoption :supergrin:

I prefer the C over the F for the same reason folks like the Glock 19 over the 17. Its more versatile since its smaller and therefore better for CCW, but it can also be for home defense and will accept the 18 rd mags.

jhmayhem
08-31-2012, 18:41
I just found out about Caracals yesterday, and reviews and feedback have all been great. Not sure how far behind the curve I am with this new brand but it is now definitely on my radar. I can't tell though are these now going to be in your local gun store's display case or are you going to need to special order them?

plouffedaddy
08-31-2012, 19:20
I love mine. 2 people that have shot it went out and bought their own. My mother-in-law asked me to get her one for Christmas :shocked: Everyone that shoots these guns seems to love them.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/DSC01637.jpg

DaBurna
09-01-2012, 00:34
Got my Caracal C today... The guys at my local gun store were drooling over it... They ordered 6 of them on the spot after completin my transfer and they already were showing .40cals ready and available to ship!!

It feels great in hand, and it has a "reverse taper" on the front and backstrap. It's more narrow in the palm of your hand and swells where your fingers meet the front strap. This seems to make the pistol sit even LOWER in hand. I'm hoping to get to sneak of and fire her some tomorrow. My only 2 issues were thus far:
-a few minor scuffs/blemishes on the trigger guard
-Warren Werks Distributor

Other than that no complaints yet...The slide, barrel, feed ramp, are immaculate! Waffen Werks is no longer the distributor, and SAI (Steyr) has taken over here down the road from me in B'ham, AL.....

G19 killer? Hmmmm.... Not ready to say that just yet. But it looks promising. I still say Glocks fit and finish are better... I noticed there is some rattle when the gun is I cocked and shaken. In addition, if there's an Achilles Heel, it will be the FAWNKY mag lip/ledge design. Time will tell!

Slug71
09-01-2012, 00:59
Hmmm, might have to get one of these myself.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Walk Soft
09-01-2012, 04:19
Mine has 700 through it so far without a bobble.The trigger is awesome.The first time I shot one I put up better groups than I ever had.My double taps have never been so close together on the target.
http://http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z433/lexibilly/WKY038.jpg (http://[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z433/lexibilly/WKY038.jpg[/IMG)

Raven1967
09-01-2012, 16:53
They are fantastic pistols my three have been perfect.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f104/chichlid67/DSC02221.jpg

Foxtrotx1
09-01-2012, 16:59
Wow know F the UAE comments yet! I'm impressed GT!

quichedem
09-01-2012, 19:43
F the UAE!!!

raven11
09-01-2012, 20:16
any good websites that has good prices for one of these, my LGS has them for $549 and i was hoping to get a deal

bigleaf
09-01-2012, 20:58
I've had my C for a year now, and an F for the past three months. Other folks have said it, but the flat-shooting-not-moving-between-shots-impulse-more-than-recoil-natural-pointing thing is just plain true.

I shot the F today in a local IDPA match and it was (out-of-the-box stock) every bit as good and better than my Vogel-triggered G34 (I shot both.)

The C's great to carry, and the F sleeps with a TLR-1 by the bed at night. Blade-Tech makes holsters, too. Remora's are great. Several companies make 'em now. caracalforum.com has several good holster makers there.

I think you'll love any version you get. The C let me just rock a class by a SWAT sniper at the local sheriff's dept. 450 rounds in a day, not a hiccup. Shockingly accurate and quick (.20-.22 splits– which for me was awesome.)

You'll really like your Caracal.

bigleaf
09-01-2012, 21:02
Centefire Systems (centerfiresystems.com) has both the C and the F for 399.99. They're good to deal with. I've got four F mags and some stuff on the way from them right now.

jbglock
09-02-2012, 05:17
I haven't paid them much attention until know even though they are widely available locally. They just looked like cheap guns. I thought they were some new local Hi Point variant. Just googled a few reviews and it seems I was wrong. Still I am waiting to rent and shoot one.

Edit: One thing I do like is the lack of finger grooves. To this day I'm still angry at Glock for ruining "perfection" by making that move.

Beretta92guy
09-02-2012, 15:02
hmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interesting.....

might not have to wait for glock to fix their crap after all for a good 9mm.....

there was also an article in the current Combat Handguns on this brand.....

think i will be renting one here shortly and check it out

CJStudent
09-02-2012, 15:35
any good websites that has good prices for one of these, my LGS has them for $549 and i was hoping to get a deal

Centerfire:

http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-CS.aspx

http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-FS.aspx

Both are running $399.

raven11
09-02-2012, 16:47
Centerfire:

http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-CS.aspx

http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-FS.aspx

Both are running $399.

Centefire Systems (centerfiresystems.com) has both the C and the F for 399.99. They're good to deal with. I've got four F mags and some stuff on the way from them right now.

thanks guys you saved me a bunch of money

DaBurna
09-02-2012, 17:27
<==== went ahead and orders the Caracal F just a few mins ago.... The prices on these gems will be SKYROCKETING to Glock Prices around here soon!! Not b/c of the election so much per se... But the PR and Raving Mag Reviews.... It almost like the Glock that Glock didn't create!
-Lower Bore Acis
-Checkering is Affirmative & Not Overly Abrassivd
-Trigger Breaks like Glass
-Good magazine Capacity
-Fits Most of My Existing Glock Holsters, etc.

My gunstore ordered 7 of them ON THE SPOT after handling my FFL Transfer in to them!

Walk Soft
09-02-2012, 20:07
<==== went ahead and orders the Caracal F just a few mins ago.... The prices on these gems will be SKYROCKETING to Glock Prices around here soon!! Not b/c of the election so much per se... But the PR and Raving Mag Reviews.... It almost like the Glock that Glock didn't create!
-Lower Bore Acis
-Checkering is Affirmative & Not Overly Abrassivd
-Trigger Breaks like Glass
-Good magazine Capacity
-Fits Most of My Existing Glock Holsters, etc.

My gunstore ordered 7 of them ON THE SPOT after handling my FFL Transfer in to them!

Congrats.I predict you'll be buying a C eventually:supergrin:

DaBurna
09-02-2012, 20:16
Congrats.I predict you'll be buying a C eventually:supergrin:

Already got the C!! :tongueout: It came in Friday... I was so impressed, I bought the Caracal F and it should be here by Friday!

Walk Soft
09-02-2012, 20:18
Already got the C!! :tongueout: It came in Friday... I was so impressed, I bought the Caracal F and it should be here by Friday!

Double congrats then.:wavey:Sometimes the chicken comes before the egg.

dondavis3
09-04-2012, 04:04
Congratulations in advance.

I've heard many good things about that gun.

I've never shot one yet, but I intend to correct that :supergrin:

:cool:

fusegsp
09-04-2012, 18:01
In case any of you guys are interested, Mas Ayoob weighed in on the Caracal today. His opinion is in the GATE Self-Defense forum.

DaBurna
09-04-2012, 18:10
Post the link...

jp3975
09-04-2012, 18:12
I think Im going to sell my Steyr M9A1 to fund purchasing a Caracal in the near future.

DaBurna
09-04-2012, 18:20
Quick 50 rounds today b/c it's 1st time I've had an opportunity since getting it last Friday... Great Accuracy No Problems with cheap Monarch Ammo. I had a friend (fellow die-hard Gloker) he didn't like it much as he's used to that "Glock Trigger Wall" right before the break.... The Caracal is a smooth break with no wall. I'm assuming the "Glock Wall" is created by the plunger spring & connector??

I liked shooting it, but admittedly the Caracal is a different animal... No Pun intended!:tongueout: I'll be excited when my Caracal F gets here hopefully this weekend to shoot both side-by-side....:supergrin:

DaBurna
09-04-2012, 18:22
I think Im going to sell my Steyr M9A1 to fund purchasing a Caracal in the near future.

I have a Steyr C9-A1... Don't think I'd sell my Steyr for a Caracal... I think quality is about on par for both manufacturers, but I'd still give the engineering mod to Steryr...

DaBurna
09-04-2012, 18:27
Mas' Response...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19381895

jp3975
09-04-2012, 21:11
I have a Steyr C9-A1... Don't think I'd sell my Steyr for a Caracal... I think quality is about on par for both manufacturers, but I'd still give the engineering mod to Steryr...

Well...I cant afford to buy a new gun for several months. So if I can make an even trade or enough to buy a Caracal, Id be happy.

DaBurna
09-04-2012, 21:27
Well...I cant afford to buy a new gun for several months. So if I can make an even trade or enough to buy a Caracal, Id be happy.

If you do... For the Caracal's price point... U may be able to come out a little ahead.... Good luck!!:wavey:

jp3975
09-04-2012, 21:36
Thanks.

bigleaf
09-05-2012, 06:13
It almost like the Glock that Glock didn't create!

I call it a Glock Gen 6!

ozy
09-05-2012, 14:52
excellent choice!the caracals are welldesigned and an excellent additon to the array of striker fired pistols out there.
congrats and enjoy!

DaBurna
09-05-2012, 19:24
Some accuracy pics... I had one flyer on this styrofoam chest. She's ACCURATE!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RYT 2BER
09-05-2012, 20:41
Let me jump in here....

If I got one for free, id fire up the grill in the back and melt it down to a glob.

:ack: :bringiton: :yuck: :puking: :moonie: :notlistening:

Walk Soft
09-05-2012, 20:49
[QUOTE=RYT 2BER;19389128]Let me jump in here....

If I got one for free, id fire up the grill in the back and melt it down to a glob.

Tell us how you really feel:rofl:

bigleaf
09-06-2012, 11:43
Let me jump in here....

:ack: :bringiton: :yuck: :puking: :moonie: :notlistening:

Well, good for you. But be careful... mom said no jumping in the house.

RYT 2BER
09-06-2012, 12:09
Well, good for you. But be careful... mom said no jumping in the house.

Wasnt jumping in the house... I was going to stomp my feet and maybe pull a full tantrum on the floor :whistling:

bac1023
09-06-2012, 12:37
Got my Caracal C today... The guys at my local gun store were drooling over it... They ordered 6 of them on the spot after completin my transfer and they already were showing .40cals ready and available to ship!!

It feels great in hand, and it has a "reverse taper" on the front and backstrap. It's more narrow in the palm of your hand and swells where your fingers meet the front strap. This seems to make the pistol sit even LOWER in hand. I'm hoping to get to sneak of and fire her some tomorrow. My only 2 issues were thus far:
-a few minor scuffs/blemishes on the trigger guard
-Warren Werks Distributor

Other than that no complaints yet...The slide, barrel, feed ramp, are immaculate! Waffen Werks is no longer the distributor, and SAI (Steyr) has taken over here down the road from me in B'ham, AL.....

G19 killer? Hmmmm.... Not ready to say that just yet. But it looks promising. I still say Glocks fit and finish are better... I noticed there is some rattle when the gun is I cocked and shaken. In addition, if there's an Achilles Heel, it will be the FAWNKY mag lip/ledge design. Time will tell!

Very cool :cool:

wired
09-06-2012, 16:17
Love my C model, not as accurate as my 3rd gen 26 though.
I second Mas's review.

Comedian
09-06-2012, 20:41
Love my C model, not as accurate as my 3rd gen 26 though.
I second Mas's review.

My Caracal C is more accurate than my G17 and the G19 i sold. I was surprised how accurate the Caracal's are.

wired
09-07-2012, 04:31
My Caracal C is more accurate than my G17 and the G19 i sold. I was surprised how accurate the Caracal's are.

Well, Im shooting federal target/match, and the Cat cant match the G26 at a 100 yd match I recently shot in. Maybe I got a lemon?

Comedian
09-07-2012, 10:51
Well, Im shooting federal target/match, and the Cat cant match the G26 at a 100 yd match I recently shot in. Maybe I got a lemon?

I used to have a Gen4 G19 that wasn't as accurate as my Gen3 G19. Pistols are weird like that sometimes. :dunno: