Anybody know where to get a sweet deal on a sig 522? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where to get a sweet deal on a sig 522?

RustyShackleford5050
08-27-2012, 21:05
I currently have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm itching to get into the tactical .22 game. I've done some research of some of the hot rifles on the market and I want to get my hands on a Sig 522; however, none of the gun stores in my area have them in stock.

Does anybody have any advice on where I might find one?
I'm looking for a new one but I'll settle for a lightly used one as well.

Also, I'm slightly interested in a S&W 15-22 if I can get one for a steal.

Any advice on where to acquire a sig would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anybody would care to comment on their opinions of the rifle I'd appreciate it.

ARP
08-28-2012, 17:26
Check yer PM's I really like the one I bought new. Runs like a sewing machine, using Winchester M 22 round nose ammo, clean burning. If you come from an AR type background the controls might be a bit counter intuitive (so I have heard), never owned this type of rifle before so the 522, I know nothing different and feels very nice to me, I was told by the LGS owner that the S&W is a very good trainer for the AR15 platform. As you may have learned the 522 uses a magazine that is a M15 clone set up for .22lr and can be had for $10 ea!!!! I bought 4 right away so now have 5 25 round mags :supergrin:

RustyShackleford5050
08-28-2012, 20:40
Yup,
That's just one more account of the sweetness of the 522. I've yet to hear a bad thing about this gun
I don't have much AR experience, nor do I have a reason to train with the ergonomics.
Did yours come with rails and iron sights? I've heard that some do and some don't.
I have it on good authority that I will be receiving an EOTech 512 in the near future and I want to have something fun and cheap to shoot to put that bad boy on.

CDR_Glock
08-28-2012, 21:14
They pop up for sale in the Marketplace/Classifieds.

I have the 522 SWAT. It's a great rifle. I don't use the iron sights, though.

JackDRipper
08-29-2012, 00:02
I got one in January and really like it. Big 5 and walmart had them for sale then. Impact Arms has them for $460 now.
JR