Mullahs side with others in blasphamy case [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mullahs side with others in blasphamy case

dbcooper
08-28-2012, 05:53
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/27/2970880/pakistans-conservative-mullahs.html

Hopefully this will help the girl and her family. It's especially promising that they want to go after false acusations

dbcooper
09-09-2012, 06:54
Well the girl walked from prison, hopefully they can get her and her family someplace where they will be safe from nut jobs. It wouldn't suprise me to see the guy that made the accusations against her pay dearly.

Cavalry Doc
09-09-2012, 07:27
It's actually very odd to have muslims not simply believe the infidel was at fault. Or more commonly, carry out the sentence against the infidel, and then quietly rebuke the false accuser in the background. It would not surprise me if the originator of the false charges was already in a bad place with his community and using this to try to climb out.

Just goes to show you, generally speaking, generalizing is bad. I tend to applaud people when they do the right thing. Hope justice happens here, but the family of that girl need to go somewhere they will not be known. The way it usually works, the scam artists family will seek revenge against the girls family for not allowing their daughter to take the rap.

dbcooper
09-09-2012, 07:35
It's actually very odd to have muslims not simply believe the infidel was at fault. Or more commonly, carry out the sentence against the infidel, and then quietly rebuke the false accuser in the background. It would not surprise me if the originator of the false charges was already in a bad place with his community and using this to try to climb out.

Just goes to show you, generally speaking, generalizing is bad. I tend to applaud people when they do the right thing. Hope justice happens here, but the family of that girl need to go somewhere they will not be known. The way it usually works, the scam artists family will seek revenge against the girls family for not allowing their daughter to take the rap.

Amen. Even if it was one guy who realized a little good PR couldn't hurt it's a start. Now she needs to disappear and the press needs to stay far away so they don't lead the nuts to her. It's as good a case for asylum as any I've ever seen, some place where they can fade away with new names and such.

And a good stoning for the accuser is in order, I sure aint without sin but I'd cast first.:wavey: