Amish on trial for hate crimes against their religious enemies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Amish on trial for hate crimes against their religious enemies

Altaris
08-28-2012, 21:40
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/27/13510386-jury-picked-for-amish-beard-and-hair-cutting-trial?lite

High-Gear
08-29-2012, 02:31
I read about this a couple of weeks ago. What a odd situation. Seems like they attacked other men for embracing too much technology, and cut their hair and beards then photographed them to shame them. Intersting, I didn't think the Amash were suppose to use fancy technological things...like cameras? Hypocracy runs through all levels of religion I suppose.

Woofie
08-29-2012, 03:24
My great uncle used to hire Amish to work on his farm. Their particular brand of Amish allowed them to use technology as long as they didn't own it, i.e. They could use his air tools and drive his truck, but they couldn't buy any for themselves.

More examples of cafeteria Christians, picking and choosing what they want to believe in.

I assume that snowbird will be along shortly to tell us how the Amish are a leftist commie liberal movement that should be denied rights under our Constitution.

I hope the perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and the victims are granted the restitution they are due.

NMG26
08-29-2012, 04:16
I hope the perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and the victims are granted the restitution they are due.

What kind of restitution?

That was an odd read. I think that there are lessons in the matter. Their religious intolerance came to forcibly cutting off beards and hair. It is a grand joke.

I think a beard cutting feud is in order. The youngsters got us.......but we well plan our revenge. It is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

dbcooper
08-29-2012, 08:40
Am I the only one having trouble trying to visualize a bunch of Amish guys on a rampage. What's next? A Buddist hunt club? Hindu steak houses? An all Islam Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition? An athiests for Jesus club?

Vic Hays
08-29-2012, 08:48
Religious intolerance is what happens when the principles of God are abandoned in favor of tradition.

God's principles are Love, Truth, fairness or justice, mercy. You can see that these that have a great amount of tradition have seriously departed from these principles.

NMG26
08-29-2012, 08:56
God's principles are Love, Truth, fairness or justice, mercy. You can see that these that have a great amount of tradition have seriously departed from these principles.

Justice will be a beard for a beard!

:rofl:

Woofie
08-29-2012, 10:46
What kind of restitution?

No idea. Maybe the criminals should be put on a labor crew and work the victims' fields until the beards have grown back.:dunno:

High-Gear
08-29-2012, 13:47
Am I the only one having trouble trying to visualize a bunch of Amish guys on a rampage. What's next? A Buddist hunt club? Hindu steak houses? An all Islam Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition? An athiests for Jesus club?

Maybe these are the end times?:dunno:

http://www.zazzle.com/atheists_for_jesus_tee_shirts-235950353501656453

Bren
08-29-2012, 14:22
Maybe these are the end times?:dunno:

http://www.zazzle.com/atheists_for_jesus_tee_shirts-235950353501656453

Inspired by Richard Dawkins, here's a way to express that you appreciate the revolutionary message Jesus preached about love, forgiveness, and helping others, while maintaining that there is no such thing as God, and that Jesus was unfortunately mistaken about being the messiah to his death.

Not sure it's the way I'd go for a philosopher...basically, "I think he was crazy as a loon, but I like his message.":rofl: