10mm G20 Gen4... what are the differences? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10mm G20 Gen4... what are the differences?

Ethereal Killer
09-01-2012, 14:13
I dont know why they are changing things as I thought the SF was just fine. so what are the changes they are making and why are they a good thing?

Meathead9
09-01-2012, 16:56
I'll base it on my GEN 4 G21, which obviously uses the same frame.

Texture: The new texture is absolutely perfect. Just the right amount of grit, without being too abrasive (I'm not a big fan of decal grips, both granular & rubber).

Grip: The grip size is also better. It's supposedly the same size as the G20SF, but it feels slightly smaller & just feels better in general.

Mag Release: The larger mag release makes reloads easier, and more consistent.

Recoil Spring: Even though the spring rate is the same, the preload of the new dual spring seems to reduce recoil slightly.

Trigger: The stock GEN 4 G21 trigger is the best stock Glock trigger I have ever felt. Very smooth, and a nicer break & reset than any of my GEN 3 SF's.

21Glock
09-02-2012, 12:00
I concur on all points, as I have a Gen 4 20 I bought back in June. I like it so much I may add a Gen 4 21 to my collection in a few months.
The difference for me is I like to "hotrod" with .45 Super loads in my Gen 3 21SF with after market heavier recoil springs and Lone barrels. They sell an adapter now that will allow Gen 3 type RSAs to be used in Gen 4 slides and frames.
I'll be using one of those in my Gen 4 20 soon when I'm using hotter loads, other than that, Gen 4s are great, love my Gen 4 20.