Glock Confidence [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Confidence

SARDG
09-02-2012, 18:08
This YouTube is posted on Glock's Facebook page. What do you all think? (Thanks to stolenphot0 for the initial find.)

http://youtu.be/l91nwgMCNA0

misunderestimated
09-02-2012, 18:31
Not sure of who the guy is but If i was on a range with him I would leave. it looks like he muzzled himself a couple of times.

He muzzled the camera people. He had no discipline of a safe area to keep the loaded and ready to fire gun pointed.

I would say that person needs a safety refresher on how to handle a loaded firearm. I hope that is not a Glock sponsored video We only have to follow a few safety rules to avoid a dangerous situation ,He ignored all of them

I don't think that's a good video.

emtjr928
09-02-2012, 19:43
This was a trick question,,,,,, Right? I can't believe that Glock "shared" that link. So many things wrong,,, so little time!

wdp
09-02-2012, 19:52
This guy needs a refresher on basic safety. Bad, vid, bad advise.

SARDG
09-02-2012, 20:10
Just trying to pique the sensibilities of our ‘viewers’…

I also question Glock’s wisdom in posting that video.

stolenphot0
09-02-2012, 20:49
No problem.

Here is the link to their page's post:
http://www.facebook.com/GLOCK/posts/492399420770649

He's a TV host -- http://keithwarren.net/

Glockrunner
09-02-2012, 20:50
Just trying to pique the sensibilities of our ‘viewers’…

I also question Glock’s wisdom in posting that video.

:shocked:I'm stunned!

PM720
09-02-2012, 20:53
Yeah, a whole lotta fail there. First, I would not start a novice with a .40. Just me maybe. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt on the camera crew, I just figured they were using a static camera setup. But he was sure waving that loaded gun around quite a bit and broke the 180 rule several times. And his grip advice! :faint: He needs to send his daughter for some proper training. :wow:

Scott

SARDG
09-02-2012, 21:49
:shocked:I'm stunned!
Just like to keep the blood flowing in all you old folks... :)

OrGlocker
09-02-2012, 22:22
After watching the video please tell me that the camera that was filming the video was on a tri-pod and not an actual person.

OrGlocker
09-02-2012, 22:24
Yeah, a whole lotta fail there. First, I would not start a novice with a .40. Just me maybe. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt on the camera crew, I just figured they were using a static camera setup. But he was sure waving that loaded gun around quite a bit and broke the 180 rule several times. And his grip advice! :faint: He needs to send his daughter for some proper training. :wow:

Scott

I agree the support index finger on the front of the trigger guard :whistling:

emtjr928
09-02-2012, 22:27
Hey,, Who you callin' "Old Folks"?

misunderestimated
09-03-2012, 06:43
No problem.

Here is the link to their page's post:
http://www.facebook.com/GLOCK/posts/492399420770649

He's a TV host -- http://keithwarren.net/

Thanks for the link, I have read some of the comments and see the majority of them agree the man is unsafe in handling the fire arm.I think he may be too wrapped up in what he is saying,instead of what he is doing.

I think he might be concentrating on making a video,hitting his marks, reading his script,He was very relaxed and entertaining

He should be concentrating on the loaded gun he has in his hand.

The intent of the video and the informat6ion they are sharing about getting a young one to shoot is excellent. Its a great way to enjoy some family time with a young one and its certainly a confidence builder ,but the execution of the video stinks,

I applaud Glock for there working in promoting guns as a sport and great family time .

I am sure if they had had one person from the G.S.S.F division watch that video they never would have shared it

GlockinNJ
09-03-2012, 06:56

Scott

Yeah, so much wrong there. Also obvious is her bad body position - she is leaning back, rather than "nose over toes". A kid that young will have a tough time with a .40 leaning back like that.

Glockrunner
09-03-2012, 07:04
On a second thought, this type of performance is exactly why I do not shoot at ranges and public National Forrest anymore.

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-03-2012, 20:50
Ok first of all if i were to hunt i would carry my g23 or anyone of the handguns i have the possibility of carrying, but to actively hunt with it would not be something I fancy. I do not know if I could and won't be finding out if i could. Also i understand his "confidence" theme yet the way he confidently talks about taking life just does not settle with me. I would not hesitate if it is my last and final option but I would not be living a happy life knowing i ended someone else's. I think that in the video he should have focused on the fun aspect(after someone who knows anything about saftey gives him a little sit down) rather than the hunting aspect.

SARDG
09-03-2012, 21:58
...i understand his "confidence" theme yet the way he confidently talks about taking life just does not settle with me. I would not hesitate if it is my last and final option but I would not be living a happy life knowing i ended someone else's...
Certainly, if you aren't totally prepared to take a life with an SD carry gun, you likely should not carry for self-defense.

I had a Navy 'C' School instructor tell us in a class that we could kill more people with our pencil than an Army Infantryman could with his rifle in battle. Moral: Join the Navy, kill with your pencil...

legacy38
09-03-2012, 22:11
The guy in the video. (https://www.facebook.com/keithwarrenoutdoors)

--

Lot's of things wrong in that video.

tua05737
09-03-2012, 22:21
Had to be on a tripod or else u woulda seen the camera bobbing n weaving...try safety before confidence...jeez

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

mike g35
09-04-2012, 05:18
Alot of the shows on the outdoor channel show folks pointing guns past cameras and they always have "remote camera" in the right hand corner of the screen. Is it possible that Glock got rid of that graphic to install the "G" logo? I would say that's the case. However that index finger deal was beyond me. Keith Warren is a very well known professional hunter, I'm sure safety was taken into consideration while filming.

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-04-2012, 08:18
Certainly, if you aren't totally prepared to take a life with an SD carry gun, you likely should not carry for self-defense.

I had a Navy 'C' School instructor tell us in a class that we could kill more people with our pencil than an Army Infantryman could with his rifle in battle. Moral: Join the Navy, kill with your pencil...

I agree you MUST be prepared because if your not it could end up with you making a big mistake. I know that I am prepared to take a life, does not mean I'm happy with it and that it wont haunt me the rest of my life. I can assure you that i would not be the same person, yet I will not hesitate.

My dads navy, he was on boomer subs as a fire technician. He used 40ft pencils.

SARDG
09-04-2012, 08:26
...My dads navy, he was on boomer subs as a fire technician. He used 40ft pencils.
:)

Fire Control Technician - he aimed the misslles with his pencil. ;) :patriot:

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-04-2012, 08:35
:)

Fire Control Technician - he aimed the misslles with his pencil. ;) :patriot:

Ah i couldnt remember on the avg weekend we spend 10+hours driving to gssfs or idpa and a few other competitions, so he and I have spent ALOT of time talking about his time during the navy. Which means I have learned so much that I now can not remember everything as detailed as I would like.

misunderestimated
09-04-2012, 10:26
Ok first of all if i were to hunt i would carry my g23 or anyone of the handguns i have the possibility of carrying, but to actively hunt with it would not be something I fancy. I do not know if I could and won't be finding out if i could. Also i understand his "confidence" theme yet the way he confidently talks about taking life just does not settle with me. I would not hesitate if it is my last and final option but I would not be living a happy life knowing i ended someone else's. I think that in the video he should have focused on the fun aspect(after someone who knows anything about saftey gives him a little sit down) rather than the hunting aspect.

I watched the video again,I did not see where he spoke of taking a life. I did see where he said if he needed his glock in a personal situation he knows the glock could get the job done.

there a big difference in what he said and whats assumed

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-04-2012, 10:38
I watched the video again,I did not see where he spoke of taking a life. I did see where he said if he needed his glock in a personal situation he knows the glock could get the job done.

there a big difference in what he said and whats assumed

This is true, I had just watched the movie The Expendables 2 (GREAT MOVIE) but there is so much killing. Adding on all the recent shootings I was just tired of death. Which lead to me interpret what he said incorrectly.

Melissa5
09-04-2012, 11:16
Yeah, a whole lotta fail there. First, I would not start a novice with a .40. And his grip advice! :faint: He needs to send his daughter for some proper training. :wow:

Scott

LOL! You said it before I could, Scott.

misunderestimated
09-04-2012, 18:18
This is true, I had just watched the movie The Expendables 2 (GREAT MOVIE) but there is so much killing. Adding on all the recent shootings I was just tired of death. Which lead to me interpret what he said incorrectly.

Good deal just always remember we shoot to stop a problem,

we don't shoot to kill a problem

SARDG
09-04-2012, 18:39
Good deal just always remember we shoot to stop a problem,

we don't shoot to kill a problem
I'm former military, been the victim of a purse snatching AND of a home invasion. I'm sure I am capable of doing whatever's necessary.

SCC
09-04-2012, 19:56
There was no camera man downrange. The cameras were set up on tripods and recorded as a continuous shot. Notice how there is no camera shaking and the background in each frame is consistent. Muzzle safety was accounted for.

this was in a posts below

SARDG
09-04-2012, 20:15
...Muzzle safety was accounted for...
Not really... a loaded gun is pointed both up and downrange, effectively completing the 360. And he sweeps fingers and hand parts with the muzzle when racking the slide - in all his videos. Neither good examples for a young impressionable shooter.

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-05-2012, 08:32
I'm former military, been the victim of a purse snatching AND of a home invasion. I'm sure I am capable of doing whatever's necessary.

Ok let me ask this, I know you must be prepared before the attack. Yet I do not hear alot about how to prepare for after you had to use deadly force. So my question is I am a almost 21 year old in a few months have my concealed carry, I am positive i could defend my self deadly force if it is called for. Yet I am NOT prepared to deal with the aftermath. I know that I must become prepared for after or it could change the course of my life. Or I may be able to move past it, I will not know untill its all happened.

misunderestimated
09-05-2012, 11:08
There was no camera man downrange. The cameras were set up on tripods and recorded as a continuous shot. Notice how there is no camera shaking and the background in each frame is consistent. Muzzle safety was accounted for.

this was in a posts below

I don't want to be augmentative, I am here to enjoy the sport and the forum.

The video I watched did not represent safe muzzle discipline even with the understanding the camera was on a tripod.Guns are always a hot subject and my thoughts are when promoting the sport it should be done as safe as possible, This video actually made me Cringe the way he was swigging the loaded firearm around

SARDG
09-05-2012, 13:53
Ok let me ask this, I know you must be prepared before the attack. Yet I do not hear alot about how to prepare for after you had to use deadly force. So my question is I am a almost 21 year old in a few months have my concealed carry, I am positive i could defend my self deadly force if it is called for. Yet I am NOT prepared to deal with the aftermath. I know that I must become prepared for after or it could change the course of my life. Or I may be able to move past it, I will not know untill its all happened.
Everyone deals with it differently. Many soldiers return from battle with PTSD. Be prepared and train of course, but take some comfort in knowing that only a very tiny fractional percentage of CCW holders will ever have the need to pull their weapon for any confrontation - deadly or otherwise - in their lifetime.

Many law enforcement officers go their entire career without engaging in hostile fire. Maybe Bama has some statistics.

misunderestimated
09-07-2012, 04:24
Now this is a better video

GLOCK - Shooter Ready - YouTube

kyglockshooter 2.0
09-07-2012, 08:16
Now this is a better video

GLOCK - Shooter Ready - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQfm8x05SM&feature=player_embedded)

Now that is OUTSTANDING, Glock should be investing in these style videos. It was awesome to watch him go through his steps from ariving all the way to getting to the line. The way he handles the pistol is awesome, I wish that in a year or so I am able to have the muscle memory 1/4 of his lol.

Also I love how it only shows the competition aspect of the glock. I would guess that the average person's knowledge of a glock is that they are for law enforcement, or military. The competition aspect is alot less known, This is an amazing film to show how cool all these competition's really are.

PM720
09-07-2012, 08:54
Yes, a MUCH better choice! :thumbsup:

Scott