New Delta Elite questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Delta Elite questions

Danny Reid
09-02-2012, 19:03
Hey, gang. I will be getting a new Delta Elite shortly. Many years ago I owned two, but had to part with them for money reasons. I just have a few questions:

1) Are the new DE's recoil springs double sprung like they used to be?

2) I have looked at Wolff springs and they offer a single piece recoil spring for the DE, but warn that a standard 1911 guide rod be used with it...not the stock DE guide rod. What difference does it make?

3) I am wondering if the stock dual spring assembly (if it's still the same as before ) isn't good enough as is? I never had any problems with either DE before, but then again I never put too many hot rounds through them either. Would I be fine just leaving the springs as is, and maybe just putting in a shock buffer?

Thanks in advance

Taterhead
09-02-2012, 20:14
Danny, I am going to be absolutely no help here, because I have no idea.

I will say that I really do want a DE pretty badly. I will definitely get one after removing a few other priorities from the list. The G20 is likely the better overall platform for the 10mm, but the Deltas are just flipping cool.

swinokur
09-03-2012, 04:40
I have 3 that I've purchased NIB over the last year or so. The factory spring is one piece on a GI style guide rod. They shoot fine with stock parts. I use the Underwood 180g GD 1240 FPS load or Winchester 175g ST's.

You don't need any after market stuff for the guns. They run fine right out of the box.

Danny Reid
09-03-2012, 07:49
Thanks for the info, swinokur.