Ready to load in bulk, but were to order from ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ready to load in bulk, but were to order from ?

dstanley66
09-03-2012, 06:08
Been looking at The bullet works, Berry's, precision delta for lowest cost in plated for just plinking, they also have new brass and once fired for about half price. good and bad thoughts welcome. tks.

KB2MBC
09-03-2012, 06:21
Roze Distribution, Inc
Starline Brass
Look for "once fired brass on Gun Broker
Midsouth Shooters Supply - Got a flyer email waiving hazmat shipping fee on orders of $250 for primers/powder, promo code: FREEHAZ. Ends today though.
Brassman Brass - once fired brass.
This just scratches the surface.

F106 Fan
09-03-2012, 06:27
Primers and powder from Powder Valley.
Jacketed bullets from Precision Delta
Lead bullets from S&S Casting
Starline for new brass (pistol)
Lapua for new brass (rifle) via Midway or other

Richard

dstanley66
09-03-2012, 07:10
thanks for the info. just wondering if anyone has delt with these places, quality of service and product.

Boxerglocker
09-03-2012, 07:21
Precision Delta bullets are FMJ for the price, makes me wonder why anyone bothers with plated bullets anymore.
Precision Delta does line runs on bullets so call for ETA order ahead and be patient. Well worth the quality for price value. Then of course there is Montana Gold five stars all around but you pay the premium (unless you by bulk cases where you get a break).

F106 Fan
09-03-2012, 07:33
thanks for the info. just wondering if anyone has delt with these places, quality of service and product.

Of course we deal with them! We wouldn't post otherwise.

There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum that lists suppliers. It is somewhat more generic than the specific recommendations on this thread.

You mentioned plated bullets. Unless total encapsulation of the lead is a requirement, FMJ bullets from Precision Delta may be a better deal. More important, you probably won't find actual load data for plated bullets while every manual has loads for FMJ.

Montana Gold sells a CMJ bullet which has a regular jacket but includes a gas check on the base to encapsulate the lead.

For bulk shooting, lead bullets are 2/3 the price of FMJ or less. It matters when you load 10k or more per year.

Richard

dstanley66
09-03-2012, 08:50
I may go with PD those are fnj for only $12 more. Guess the onced fired brass will be ok to get started.

Boxerglocker
09-03-2012, 09:09
I may go with PD those are fnj for only $12 more. Guess the onced fired brass will be ok to get started.

$12 more, but that is the shipped price if you order the minimum 2 K in 2 K increments.

shotgunred
09-03-2012, 10:14

Not only is onced fired brass ok it is the most cost effective way to go. Some of my guns have never seen new brass. Google once fired brass. You will find lots of sources. I have also bought a lot of brass from GT want adds.

dstanley66
09-03-2012, 15:51
Thanks for that Shotgunred, wife got cut back at work a few months so what savings right now helps so I can still go bang.

waawaaweenie
09-08-2012, 20:37
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ is a great place to order from, they ship up to 48lbs on one HAZ-MAT fee so get some other reloaders in your area to get a large order together and split the fees

http://www.hi-techammo.com/ is a great place to get pulled down surplus powders and I have loaded lots of it and it saves a lot of money, same deal buy 4 8lb jugs and they pay the HAZ-MAT and all you pay is shipping. they also have pulled bullets

http://www.wideners.com/ is also a good place to buy in bulk, same deal, they ship large orders with one HAZ-MAT

roger123
09-09-2012, 05:24
I've bought from Missouri Bullets, Precision Delta and Powder Valley, all with great results.

dstanley66
09-09-2012, 05:53
Placed my first order with Precision Delt for the fmj, may try Berry's next or The Bullet Works they have the lowest prices for plated, just not to sure on using plated fight now.

Gpruitt54
09-13-2012, 20:22
Are brass and bullets harder to find now than this time last year or the previous year? I ask this because; as a new reloader, I am finding a lot of "out of stock" inventory on many websites. I never payed attention this before now. Just wondering?

carlspeed
09-14-2012, 16:21
Another plus 1 for powder valley and Berry's. Also, Penn Bullets, and 2nd chance Bullets.

Danl Boone
09-14-2012, 17:33
I'll put in a plug for Montana Gold. Maybe a little more on the price end, but I've always gotten great service and you cant beat their bullets!

carlspeed
09-20-2012, 11:12
I was just reading above again, and I saw that PD is about $122 per 1,000 rounds, not including shipping. That's how much I paid for TWO thousand rounds of the same grain in .40 from 2nd Chance. Just something to think about. I will never go back to using FMJ ammo, unless I'm building some sort of ridiculous load, and/or want a HP projectile.

fredj338
09-20-2012, 11:30
I was just reading above again, and I saw that PD is about $122 per 1,000 rounds, not including shipping. That's how much I paid for TWO thousand rounds of the same grain in .40 from 2nd Chance. Just something to think about. I will never go back to using FMJ ammo, unless I'm building some sort of ridiculous load, and/or want a HP projectile.

Who is 2nd chance & are they plated or lead? PD are FMJ, not plated. You have to buy 2K to get free shipping. You can save a couple $$ going plated & maybe $20/K going lead, but many do not like shooting naked lead.

carlspeed
09-21-2012, 01:39
These are completely lead. I've been shooting lead in competition now for a couple nights, and I can't really tell the difference to be honest. I'm a decent top 10-20% shooter, so I'm definitely no pro, but the difference that a bullet would make is way less than me taking more time to aim. I'll rather shoot twice as much, and at 25' if I'm off by an extra quarter of an inch in the worst case scenario, I'm good with that. I've got a KKM match barrel in the comp Glock, so I'm not worried about damaging the factory barrel. Worth every penny.

Smoker
09-21-2012, 06:22
Isn't there about a kagillion threads out here on this already??

man.cave
09-26-2012, 18:22
Webbs Brass is a pretty cheap place to get brass. shipped free.

http://webbsbrass.com/