Had to sell 13 glocks today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Had to sell 13 glocks today

youngdocglock
09-03-2012, 23:17
:crying:

So i havnt been on in a few days. Saturday morning the engine on my beloved Turbo Pt cruiser went pop like a zit.

Blew the head in 3 places, which cracked the block and threw a piston through the oil pan. all because of i have no idea why and it never overheated.

The car only has 78k on it so its not worth junking.

Im broke.......as i recently got engaged and threw all my $$ at a ring.

Thus......i had to sell every glock i own except for my 32 to finance a new engine :crying:

god hates me. its official. :crying:

*ASH*
09-03-2012, 23:25
got any pics ??? do you own a hotdog cart ?

SevenSlugs
09-03-2012, 23:26
Buy a Honda.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

youngdocglock
09-03-2012, 23:30
got any pics ??? do you own a hotdog cart ?

pics of me selling the glocks? i thought posting things that caused people to be extremely depressed was against the rules.

And of the engine..........no. Car went straight to the dealer and is having a new crate engine put in. Should be done thursday.

Im thinking the harmonic balance pulley froze up. Causing the moving car to throw a piston an crack the head.

All i know was i was doing a good clip. Then heard a huge groan, BANG BANG BANG and then there was a HUGE length of oil in my wake, smoke everywhere and a hissing dead car.

Gregg702
09-03-2012, 23:47
Only 78k? I wouldn't dream of owning a blown Crystler product, but you'd think they could make it to 100k without blowing up completely. Are they putting in the same type of engine that died?

youngdocglock
09-03-2012, 23:53
Only 78k? I wouldn't dream of owning a blown Crystler product, but you'd think they could make it to 100k without blowing up completely. Are they putting in the same type of engine that died?

Not same model year. I bought one from a 06 which has much better life time. some go past 295k

Its basically a neon built with a better body. So the engine it had has all the neon quirks, bad seals/gaskets, horrible fuel economy. mounts that wear out after 50 k etc.

Good part though, the old 2.4 usually snapped a timing belt, blew a head gasket or lost the waterpump right around 100k.

the new one..lasts around 140 k before it starts needing work. So i dodged a $1,400 bullet there. just have to find a way to justify the other $3k now.

method
09-03-2012, 23:53
Sucks about your car, but why in the world did you have 14 Glocks? They're cool pistols and all, and if the money's not an issue, knock yourself out. Money's obviously an issue though.

Folsom_Prison
09-03-2012, 23:54
I'd buy a beater with a heater before I'd fix a PT cruiser, just sayin.

youngdocglock
09-03-2012, 23:56
Sucks about your car, but why in the world did you have 14 Glocks? They're cool pistols and all, and if the money's not an issue, knock yourself out. Money's obviously an issue though.

when i aqquired them it was not. When i ran my own PC repair shop, i also was pulling 27k a year, lived with my brother free of rent and had no bills. so buying a glock a month was easy :-p

but a $4,600 bill out of the blue hit me pretty hard. especially after dropping a few K on a ring friday.

youngdocglock
09-03-2012, 23:58

ya know last year i would have thought the same.

Except i paid $0 for this car. it was a gift from a friend who got a very large chunk of cash after his grandfather passed away.

The body, suspension, exhaust ...everything is MINT. its the dream edition 5spd turbo. i thought i would hate it.

Until i drove it for a week and loved it.

They arnt for everyones tastes but....i wanna keep it. i mean even with a blown engine its KBB value is worth more than what im paying for the engine, almost 7k total with the new engine so.........it hurts but i can live with it haha

Geeorge
09-04-2012, 00:00
My mechanic buddies call them PT-Losers ,I would scrap it and move on

Gregg702
09-04-2012, 00:03
ya know last year i would have thought the same.

Except i paid $0 for this car. it was a gift from a friend who got a very large chunk of cash after his grandfather passed away.

The body, suspension, exhaust ...everything is MINT. its the dream edition 5spd turbo. i thought i would hate it.

Until i drove it for a week and loved it.

They arnt for everyones tastes but....i wanna keep it. i mean even with a blown engine its KBB value is worth more than what im paying for the engine, almost 7k total with the new engine so.........it hurts but i can live with it haha
If you're only in it the price of the new engine I can see why you would keep it. Hope the engine swap goes smoothly and they don't find anything else wrong with it.

*ASH*
09-04-2012, 00:07
either love em or hate em . i got a o1 pt bought in 03 now its got 166 ,000 miles , only work done is having the timing belt replaced every 60,000 but i do that myself . maybe i got lucky who knows but its been damn good car to me .

only thing i do hate is needs another gear , it tacs high when driving 60 .

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 00:17
either love em or hate em . i got a o1 pt bought in 03 now its got 166 ,000 miles , only work done is having the timing belt replaced every 60,000 but i do that myself . maybe i got lucky who knows but its been damn good car to me .

only thing i do hate is needs another gear , it tacs high when driving 60 .

take it you have the auto?

Mine is ..okay in high gear but....not great. not good for a standard anyway.

I love mine. I used to make fun of them constantly until i drove it around, i like how it drives, how it corners, love the retro interior!.

And its one of the most customizable cars in the world. if you dont like it, change it. simple haha great part of it.

gas mileage could be better. with the old i was pushing to get 23mpg. should get 28-30 with the new.

Timing belts on them do suck however on the 01-04 series.

Those of us who know how to do them are blessed because at $1,400 a pop parts+labor they would lose all value after 60kish.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 00:19

Im a mechanic and i call it better than a kia, toyota *from the same year base* suzuki, .........anything foreign minus subaru and honda haha.

They hold up really well if they are taken care of. People who usually end up replacing a lot let them go to **** real quick.

Mine is maintained meticulously.....Before the engine randomly exploded she hadnt burped in 8 months before that i put in a turn signal bulb :-D

m2hmghb
09-04-2012, 00:40
I would suggest you put money into savings rather then guns so you have a buffer in case problems like this happen. Good luck with everything!

Folsom_Prison
09-04-2012, 00:45
I've worked in a dodge dealership, the last PT I saw in the shop before I left had been in the shop around 65 times in a bit over a year time span and they finally declared it a lemon.

aplcr0331
09-04-2012, 00:55
Young kid with 13 glocks AND a PT Cruiser?

http://files.sharenator.com/i_smell_a_troll_Family_guy-s360x360-291490-535.jpg

SevenSlugs
09-04-2012, 01:06
Young kid with 13 glocks AND a PT Cruiser?

http://files.sharenator.com/i_smell_a_troll_Family_guy-s360x360-291490-535.jpg

Lol

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

NEOH212
09-04-2012, 01:32

:ack::crazy:

Your gonna be sorry.

Folsom_Prison
09-04-2012, 02:21

Your gonna be sorry.

:rofl:

And that's coming from a woman!!

November
09-04-2012, 02:21

Your gonna be sorry.

:rofl:
YOWZA! You're probably right, but cripes!

To the OP: congrats on your engagement, sux about your guns. I'd say get a pre-nup but you haven't got anything.

faawrenchbndr
09-04-2012, 02:29

Your gonna be sorry.

Be nice,....he's in wuv!

G-Lock808
09-04-2012, 03:09
Damn, didnt realize any pt crusier would be worth 13 glocks.

Geeorge
09-04-2012, 03:21
Im a mechanic and i call it better than a kia, toyota *from the same year base* suzuki, .........anything foreign minus subaru and honda haha.

They hold up really well if they are taken care of. People who usually end up replacing a lot let them go to **** real quick.

Mine is maintained meticulously.....Before the engine randomly exploded she hadnt burped in 8 months before that i put in a turn signal bulb :-D

Well it obviously wasn't so well maintained after all,those engines are notorious for the oil sludging up.

You have to keep them on 3k oil changes or switch to a full synthetic oil like Mobil-1.

And if you were any kind of mechanic you would know that,

and an oil and filter tech doesn't count as being a mechanic

:wavey:

jbglock
09-04-2012, 03:55
Is this a Glock forum? No one has asked yet, what were the 13 you sold. All I know is you kept your 32.

Good luck with your PT. Personally I'd never own a turbocharged Chrysler anything.

Edit: I would have taken the ring back and sold it. Women are alot easier to replace than good guns.

Drain You
09-04-2012, 03:57
I like the PT Cruiser except for the low power & huge blind spots.

Ironbar
09-04-2012, 04:00

So i havnt been on in a few days. Saturday morning the engine on my beloved Turbo Pt cruiser went pop like a zit.

Blew the head in 3 places, which cracked the block and threw a piston through the oil pan. all because of i have no idea why and it never overheated.

Thus......i had to sell every glock i own except for my 32 to finance a new engine :crying:

God doesn't hate you, he loves you! This is just His way of telling you to stop doing very stupid things like buying 13 Glock pistols, a PT Cruiser, and blowing all your money on an engagement ring. :rofl:

jbglock
09-04-2012, 04:11
Actually I have a 2nd question. How much did you blow on a ring? Back in the 80's I spent 1k on one but used it for years with multiple women so it really was a good investment.

Geeorge
09-04-2012, 04:17
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pt%20cruiser&page=2

SCHADENFREUDE
09-04-2012, 04:52
Had a Dodge Intrepid and the engine went at 75K. If you sold 13 Glocks I would maybe stay away from putting any money into a car that is only going to let you down again. The engine on a 10 year old Toyota will take you farther than the POS product Chrysler/Dodge/whatever conglomerate put out.

devildog2067
09-04-2012, 05:01
No offense, but you clearly need some savings instead of 13 Glocks. Yeah, I own some guns too but I made sure I had some emergency money in the bank first.

Also, if I were you I don't think I'd be bragging about making $27k, driving a PT, freeloading off of my brother and blowing every dollar on toys.

sourdough44
09-04-2012, 05:06
More or less a Neon under that hood.

Haldor
09-04-2012, 05:19

No sense throwing good money after bad.

Has Chrysler made a reliable car in the last 20 years?

Gallium
09-04-2012, 05:32
No offense, but you clearly need some savings instead of 13 Glocks. Yeah, I own some guns too but I made sure I had some emergency money in the bank first.

Also, if I were you I don't think I'd be bragging about making $27k, driving a PT, freeloading off of my brother and blowing every dollar on toys.

I disagree with you. (There is always a demand for free entertainment here). And this thread has the markings of epic all over it.

Gonzoso
09-04-2012, 06:06
I just don't understand how you can say a PT Cruiser is better than a Toyota. :wow:

ithaca_deerslayer
09-04-2012, 06:13
Stinks the car went.

Buying guns is fine. But 13 of the same flavor is odd, unless you are a hardcore prepper.

The ring thing is silly, in my opinion. But it is your money, and her taste, so who am I to judge. My wife would rather have the 13 Glocks :)

BEER
09-04-2012, 06:20
as soon as you get the new motor swapped i'd sell it for whatever you can get for it and then spend 3-4k on a nice older honda civic or something.

my experience with dodge/chrysler products is that they're usually rock solid, right up until something breaks and then it starts to rapidly snowball into bigger and bigger issues rather quickly. sometimes the first breakage can take 10 months or 10 years, but when it happens it's a death knell.

Glock30Eric
09-04-2012, 06:46
as soon as you get the new motor swapped i'd sell it for whatever you can get for it and then spend 3-4k on a nice older honda civic or something.

my experience with dodge/chrysler products is that they're usually rock solid, right up until something breaks and then it starts to rapidly snowball into bigger and bigger issues rather quickly. sometimes the first breakage can take 10 months or 10 years, but when it happens it's a death knell.

Agree!! I worked on my friend's car and its chrysler. It had an unique battery and many parts that I couldn't just buy from anywhere. I will never buy dodge/chrysler car.

FLglockdude
09-04-2012, 06:54
I would have sold the car for parts and used the some of he money from selling the Glocks as a down payment on something that isn't a giant piece of crap.

okie
09-04-2012, 06:57
I'm so sorry about your troubles my friend:sadangel:

SC Tiger
09-04-2012, 07:49
I feel for you man - I've got a Silverado that is headed the same way due to a cracked cylinder head but I caught the problem in time to save (most of) the engine. I thought it was burning oil but I think it was actually sludging up in the pan away from the dipstick.

However, I will say the Silverado made 185,000 miles before this happened and apart from two broken knobs on the radio (thanks to my son) and a water pump it has had nothing other than regular maintenance done to it (I am a maintenance fiend).

I bought a used Civic this weekend but hung onto the truck (wasn't going to get anything much for it even before they found out about the engine). It can still be driven some (hauling stuff from the hardware store, etc) but I was headed toward being stuck on the highway pretty soon. My wife drives an Accord so we needed something that could haul a little cargo.

In your situation I guess I'd fix the car but I would look toward replacement when it is economically viable. As a friend of mine was told, If you look up Dodge in the dictionary, it says "Avoid." That should tell you all you need to know. :tongueout:

And don't buy so many Glocks - they all look the same anyway! :tongueout::rofl:

FLIPPER 348
09-04-2012, 07:58
Its basically a neon built with a better body. So the engine it had has all the neon quirks, bad seals/gaskets, horrible fuel economy. mounts that wear out after 50 k etc.

Good part though, the old 2.4 usually snapped a timing belt, blew a head gasket or lost the waterpump right around 100k.

the new one..lasts around 140 k before it starts needing work. So i dodged a $1,400 bullet there. just have to find a way to justify the other $3k now.

.....hard to believe the crappy quality some folk accept from their vehicles

After 187,000 I've had to replace both door lock assemblies and the steering rack bushings on my 03 Tacoma.

Dennis in MA
09-04-2012, 08:01
Stinks the car went.

Buying guns is fine. But 13 of the same flavor is odd, unless you are a hardcore prepper.

The ring thing is silly, in my opinion. But it is your money, and her taste, so who am I to judge. My wife would rather have the 13 Glocks :)

I dunno. I think it was Drew that owned multiple multiples of several Glocks. I think. Thta was a few years ago.

As far as a crate motor: $5K for a crate motor for a PT Cruiser?? This isn't a 60's musclecar engine. Wow.

.264 magnum
09-04-2012, 08:07
No sense throwing good money after bad.

Has Chrysler made a reliable car in the last 20 years?

Well, under the umbrella anyway, a plumber friend has three dodge trucks, one with nearly 300K on the clock. He or his guys drive all around Dallas everyday - usually with two or three passengers and half a ton or so of tools and gear. I know a number of farmers and ranchers who swear-by Dodge trucks too, especially the three-quarter ton rigs.

certifiedfunds
09-04-2012, 08:09
I disagree with you. (There is always a demand for free entertainment here). And this thread has the markings of epic all over it.

Irrisputably

SC Tiger
09-04-2012, 08:13
As far as a crate motor: $5K for a crate motor for a PT Cruiser?? This isn't a 60's musclecar engine. Wow.

Dang! A Jasper (admittedly a rebuild) for my Silverado is $4K installed, and the mechanic that priced that isn't exactly known for his low prices (but his quality is first rate).

I'd look for a junkyard engine from a totaled one, but then you need to go through it and, when your car is dead that takes time you don't have.

mixflip
09-04-2012, 08:14
problem #1 You bought a PT Cruiser

problem #2 you put a turbo on it.

Just messing with ya bro, sorry to hear about the issues. My car just broke a timing belt so I kinda know your pain albeit mine is alot less expensive pain.

I had a co-worker that was a die hard PT Cruiser fan. He and his wife both owned one and they were a part of a club that put on cruise nights and displayed themes in the trunk when they all parked. Good clean fun. Just not on the top 10 of the most reliable cars.

With 2012 coming, guns would be the last thing I would have sold though. Use a credit card, get a part time time 2nd job via bicycle or bus, or pawn the diamonds. By 2012 I mean dealing with the those who think the sky is falling.

.264 magnum
09-04-2012, 08:20
OP

1. Don't let the collective get you down.

2. About the car. Get it fixed and evaluate where you are via a vis the car over the next month or two. If you believe the car and new motor is solid keep it. If not sell it. And do not second guess yourself.

3. A thought or two about the new engine.
* Run the crap out of the AC, assuming you have AC, for the next few weeks. Make sure it works perfectly. If not make the dealer fix it. Frankly, eyeball the engine bay and under the car 3/4x per day for the next several weeks. Lots of things go wrong just after engine swaps.

4. Use this as a learning experience. ASAP grow a savings account with at least $10K. That is a minimum acceptable level of cash for someone your age. Maybe, get a second job and save all of that money. As others have said in various ways it's silly to have 13 or so Glocks but not enough cash to deal with a blown motor.

Best of luck and do not become discouraged. Learn form this and move on.

ETA - Bump that minimum cash amount to $15K

glock_19guy1983
09-04-2012, 08:22
Find a junk yard engine and then sell or trade the pt loser for a reliable vehicle.

ChuteTheMall
09-04-2012, 08:32
I've owned two Dodges. Never again.

Buy a Honda.

I've owned two Hondas. My next car will be a Honda.

This! There are lots of used non-Dodges out there that don't need new motors.

Except i paid $0 for this car. ....haha

You still got ripped off.
They can't pay me enough to take a free Dodge.:tongueout:

Im a mechanic and ....

You failed to replenish the blinker fluid.

Damn, didnt realize any pt crusier would be worth 13 glocks.

Maybe worth 13 Glock hi-cap mags, but only during the Klinton gun ban in a blue state.

Yeah, get something economical and reliable enough to enable you to build up a savings account so you won't have to sell stuff or go into debt when you have a predictable emergency such as a Dodge failure.

Irrisputably

Don't be discusting.

With 2012 coming, guns would be the last thing I would have sold though.

When is 2012 coming?:headscratch:

KalashniKEV
09-04-2012, 09:01

Yeah... rent free, no bills, free car...

What terrible luck!

Dennis in MA
09-04-2012, 09:51
Hey - the most challenging thing in the world is to be a poor American. :rofl: (Or whatever that dimwit said on MSBNC.)

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 10:33
Well it obviously wasn't so well maintained after all,those engines are notorious for the oil sludging up.

You have to keep them on 3k oil changes or switch to a full synthetic oil like Mobil-1.

And if you were any kind of mechanic you would know that,

and an oil and filter tech doesn't count as being a mechanic

:wavey:

No ........however my General, suspension, breaking system, cooling systems, emissions and fuel system ASE certificates say that i am. The State inspection license backs it up :-)

I love my car haha I do run Mobil-1. I also run Marvels to keep the cams sparkling. I use nothing other than LUCAS products and i just came inside from working on the head gasket of my sisters Ram :-) did you know that even though the hood stickers say to time it at 1.758 it should be timed at 1.600? just a little info :-)

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 10:33
Yeah... rent free, no bills, free car...

What terrible luck!

that was 2 years ago. Now i have lots of bills haha

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 10:35
Is this a Glock forum? No one has asked yet, what were the 13 you sold. All I know is you kept your 32.

Good luck with your PT. Personally I'd never own a turbocharged Chrysler anything.

Edit: I would have taken the ring back and sold it. Women are alot easier to replace than good guns.

3 G22's, 2 G21's *standard and SF*, 2 19's , 4 G 17's *1 gen 1, 2 gen 2 and one gen3*, G20 SF, G 36 :-)

8-Ball
09-04-2012, 10:39
I wouldn't have traded 13 Glocks for the entire car, brand new.

"before the engine randomly exploded for no reason, it ran great!" :rofl:

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 10:56
I wouldn't have traded 13 Glocks for the entire car, brand new.

"before the engine randomly exploded for no reason, it ran great!" :rofl:

actually turns out it was human error. and it did have a reason to explode. Just spoke to dealer after they pulled the blown motor

PT radiator needs HOAT antifreeze. Anything else will not work.

Fiance took it to VIP for a flush last month. They put in generic VIP coolant. at 70% . dealer says they ere probably trying to get the same ratings as HOAT.failed to cool, which blew the thermostat, thus damaging the temp sensor under it. So it did overheat, even though the guage said normal.

Not PT's fault. VIP's fault for failing to heed to the "WARNING USE SPECIAL COOLANT" sign on the overflow.

Sooooo now i need to call VIP and make them give me my replacement cost back :-) may take months but ill get it

BEER
09-04-2012, 10:59
actually turns out it was human error. and it did have a reason to explode. Just spoke to dealer after they pulled the blown motor

Fiance took it to VIP for a flush last month. They put in generic VIP coolant. at 70% . dealer says they ere probably trying to get the same ratings as HOAT.failed to cool, which blew the thermostat, thus damaging the temp sensor under it. So it did overheat, even though the guage said normal.

Not PT's fault. VIP's fault for failing to heed to the "WARNING USE SPECIAL COOLANT" sign on the overflow.

Sooooo now i need to call VIP and make them give me my replacement cost back :-) may take months but ill get it

i'm not a mechanic so this might be an ignorant question but, if you are a mechanic then why didn't you do your own flush?

Osborne
09-04-2012, 10:59

And your Glocks back? :whistling: You know thats what were all worried about.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 11:04
i'm not a mechanic so this might be an ignorant question but, if you are a mechanic then why didn't you do your own flush?

Because i signed a stupid lease that states if i work on cars i will only do work that does not involve the possibility of spilling fluids. Coolant has a very very nasty effect on asphalt driveways lol

So other than brakes, i have any fluid related jobs done for me. mainly oil changes and coolant, and fuel pumps.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 11:05
And your Glocks back? :whistling: You know thats what were all worried about.

Luckily i sold em to a buddy, who said he would give them all back if i repaid what he bought for, plus a $50 holding fee :-p

Osborne
09-04-2012, 11:06
Luckily i sold em to a buddy, who said he would give them all back if i repaid what he bought for, plus a $50 holding fee :-p

Sweet!!! :supergrin:

Hines57
09-04-2012, 11:06
Some dealer must have taken you for a ride, how much did you get for the glocks? $250 ea.?

ChuteTheMall
09-04-2012, 11:09

Glockophobes think Glocks are Glockenades with tendencies to kaBOOM at random, so maybe you dodged a bullet, to mix metaphors.:headscratch:

Fiance took it to VIP for a flush last month..... Not PT's fault. VIP's fault

Already blaming your fiance? I see doom ahead.
Would it have different if you took it to VIP, or even flushed it yourself?

:toilet:
Dodges need to be flushed because they are made of ****.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 11:09
Some dealer must have taken you for a ride, how much did you get for the glocks? $250 ea.?

$300 ea. to my buddy who owns more guns than anyone i know, myself included. Alot of them were gen 2 and 70% finish so. i felt alright. Hopefully ill get em back before 2013 haha

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 11:11
Glockophobes think Glocks are Glockenades with tendencies to kaBOOM at random, so maybe you dodged a bullet, to mix metaphors.:headscratch:

Already blaming your fiance? I see doom ahead.
Would it have different if you took it to VIP, or even flushed it yourself?

:toilet:
Dodges need to be flushed because they are made of ****.

Not blaming her at all. not one bit. she told them to use HOAT. they didnt.

If i had done it myself. i would have used HOAT and it wouldnt have blown. They dont carry hoat and instead of saying "we dont carry hoat" they just used the green crap.

Hoat is red or purple.

wjv
09-04-2012, 11:16
That wasn't covered by the power train warranty?

SC Tiger
09-04-2012, 11:20

What is VIP? Is that the name of the shop? I hate most quickie-lubes because they don't pay attention. My truck has Dex-cool in it but it has a green UV dye added. If I took it to a quickie-lube and they added coolant, I'll bet they would add the green stuff.

What does HOAT stand for? I know most cars now use a proprietary coolant so I don't even keep much around (not that I work on any cars other than my own anyway). I keep two gallon jugs of distilled water to use in a pinch.

Sounds like a mess.

When you get back "right" a little advice - don't buy all the Glocks back. Save your money. Buy your favorites but you don't need 13 of any gun.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 11:23
That wasn't covered by the power train warranty?

not one bit. its an 03 haha warranty ran out years ago.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 11:29
What is VIP? Is that the name of the shop? I hate most quickie-lubes because they don't pay attention. My truck has Dex-cool in it but it has a green UV dye added. If I took it to a quickie-lube and they added coolant, I'll bet they would add the green stuff.

What does HOAT stand for? I know most cars now use a proprietary coolant so I don't even keep much around (not that I work on any cars other than my own anyway). I keep two gallon jugs of distilled water to use in a pinch.

Sounds like a mess.

When you get back "right" a little advice - don't buy all the Glocks back. Save your money. Buy your favorites but you don't need 13 of any gun.

VIP is the equivalent of Pep Boys haha Big chain auto repair tire lube shocks struts etc.

HOAT coolants typically mix an OAT with a traditional inhibitor, such as silicates or phosphates. Better corrosion resistance. Higher op temp, cooler thrust. And a lot of cars waterpumps will clog with normal coolant because there is too much silicates. which is why they can only use HOAT :-)

Basically the same thing as throwing leaded gas into an unleaded only car. Bad things result

jbglock
09-04-2012, 12:20
3 G22's, 2 G21's *standard and SF*, 2 19's , 4 G 17's *1 gen 1, 2 gen 2 and one gen3*, G20 SF, G 36 :-)

Odd but given the same choice of one gun to keep I would have kept the 32 myself. Possibly one of the 19's if one were a 2nd generation gun in good shape.

Good luck with your PT. Personally I say keep it if you like it so much, it brings you pleasure, and you are willing to live with the costs. Of course the same could be said of any woman also. :whistling:

ChuteTheMall
09-04-2012, 12:34
Personally I say keep it if you like it so much, it brings you pleasure, and you are willing to live with the costs. Of course the same could be said of any woman also. :whistling:

Can't just get a rebuilt woman after a bad fluid change; it's more complicated than that.
:alex:

gwalchmai
09-04-2012, 13:33
YungDickGlick, you need a mentor. May I recommend my good friend Vart?

southernshooter
09-04-2012, 15:11
Not same model year. I bought one from a 06 which has much better life time. some go past 295k

You said it blew for no apparent reason. Think it could have been the timing belt breaking? If it is an interference engine, when the timing belt breaks the valves and pistons slam together. On some cars the timing belt is supposed to be changed at 60K. Anyway, good thing about guns, they are easy to sell and easy to replace (when your money is right again). Well, if you are getting married the money won't ever be right again, ha.

dieknow
09-04-2012, 17:23
I use nothing other than LUCAS products and i just came inside from working on the head gasket of my sisters Ram :-) did you know that even though the hood stickers say to time it at 1.758 it should be timed at 1.600? just a little info :-)

What year and engine does she have in that Ram?

RayB
09-04-2012, 18:04
First, to the OP, I'm sorry to hear about your problems! Document everything elaborately, and go right after the idiots that damaged your car! Good luck! :wavey:

I like my PT Cruiser too! :thumbsup:

When we decided to buy another car in 2006, my wife, Judy, asked me to drive a PT Cruiser, so I did. I liked it! But it was a little poky... "Here, drive this turbo!", suggested the salesman... Yes, that was much better!

The car had low miles and a 50,000-mile transferable warranty, so after some haggling, we bought the car the following day. I have to say that overall, I like it better than anything I've owned to date!

For me, at least, it just does everything well, in particular the seating! I've had three major back surgeries, and I live with chronic-acute pain as a fact of life, and this car just sits well for me, which is something that trumps a great many other considerations. It's also an extremely handy vehicle!

I was open to the retro styling, having long admired the circa 1930's and 40's music, automobile, and clothing styles, and over the years, I've become very fond of it. I smile when I spot this car in a parking lot... I just do... (The only other cars I routinely encounter that have that effect on me are the older Mini Coopers; I think the new ones are ugly). My wife also enjoys driving this car, and it's her vehicle of choice for shopping trips!

Let me say that all of my adult life, I've never given a rat's ass about what other people think is cool, uncool, or otherwise. I buy what I like and do what I feel like doing. Everything we own, including our home, is paid for. At 56, I'm semi-retired and not interested in buying a new car unless I have to; nor will I accept a monthly car payment. :shakehead:

Living with the car has been easy. Winter start-ups and driving (we're in Wisconsin) have been a non issue. The Continental Extreme Contact tires I put on it in 2010 are vastly superior to the OEM Good Year tires it came with...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS

Mechanically, it's had a few nickel-dime issues and one very expensive ($1,500.00) front suspension repair, that was not under warranty, so while not glowing, it hasn't been too awful either. Its under-sized battery did require replacement a few years back, and replacing front-end signal, fog and headlight bulbs is a major PIA!

Admittedly, the car is not driven hard, and I keep it like-new.

It recently required some body work, and when I asked the shop's manager about hanging onto it long-term, he said the car was in great condition, and if I "got a good one", it would be worth hanging onto.

My routine service garage owner tells me the same thing, 'If you've got a good one, you could do worse...' Apparently, this is one of those cars that people learn to love or hate, and for good reason.

Because Lemons do exist! We've got a 2002 Mazda Protťgť, bought new (which is rare for us), that has been an absolute lemon, and this car came highly recommended! And I have to say, I got sick of being on a first-name basis with everybody at the Volkswagen dealership too! I also had a brand new Toyota Celica, that they couldnít keep the front end aligned on... :upeyes:

But with just over 60,000-miles on it, I have to tell you, this PT Cruiser worries me a little... Its 60,000-mile service is due now, and I'm not about to give our rip-off Chrysler dealer another $1,500.00 for a job that's mostly "inspection", since I've been twice-burned before on that kind of deal. :steamed:

I do keep up with recommended maintenance, and run all synthetic fluids... Had the car not been in the body shop, I would've probably seen to this service already.

Still, given the mixed bag of reports on this car, I have to admit that it nags at me, as to whether or not to keep it.

Anyway, any informed recommendations on upgraded replacement parts for the 60,000-mile service would be welcomed! :dunno:

--Ray

Bucknasty
09-04-2012, 18:30

You sir are not a mechanic. You stated the harmonic balancer pully froze up. That's something a real mechanic would tell a woman to get her to stop asking questions.

M&P Shooter
09-04-2012, 18:37
They are only Glocks, can be replaced later.

Bruce M
09-04-2012, 19:43

:rofl::rofl:
Irrisputably:rofl::rofl:

*ASH*
09-04-2012, 20:27
4 pages !! Holy carp

certifiedfunds
09-04-2012, 20:47
4 pages !! Holy carp

Ash, its called Glock Talk and the OP just flooded the market with them.

:supergrin:

JimIsland
09-04-2012, 21:04
27K a year??? Yikes.....young grasshopper you have much to learn. Save more and spend less!!!

railfancwb
09-04-2012, 21:14
Actually I have a 2nd question. How much did you blow on a ring? Back in the 80's I spent 1k on one but used it for years with multiple women so it really was a good investment.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

railfancwb
09-04-2012, 21:15
I owned a Chrysler product...once.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 22:18
27K a year??? Yikes.....young grasshopper you have much to learn. Save more and spend less!!!

Lmao. My guns are my savings. worse case scenario paper money will turn into TP.

Guns can be used for lots of things.

The US dollar is dropping daily.....my guns arnt ;-) I have quite a large "savings" collection.

youngdocglock
09-04-2012, 22:19
You sir are not a mechanic. You stated the harmonic balancer pully froze up. That's something a real mechanic would tell a woman to get her to stop asking questions.

ya know if ya do your research, a harmonic balancer pully freezing up can burn a timing belt straight through in under 20 seconds. Causing it to snap, thus churning the engine like a garbage disposal with a lead weight inside.

I didnt say it DID. i said it may have because the vehicle was at the shop and i had not inspected the ENTIRE motor myself :-) you sir are not a mechanic or you would know that ;-)

Geeorge
09-05-2012, 05:04
ya know if ya do your research, a harmonic balancer pully freezing up can burn a timing belt straight through in under 20 seconds. Causing it to snap, thus churning the engine like a garbage disposal with a lead weight inside.

I didnt say it DID. i said it may have because the vehicle was at the shop and i had not inspected the ENTIRE motor myself :-) you sir are not a mechanic or you would know that ;-)

Oh please if a harmonic balancer pulley froze up it would mean the crankshaft is locked up .You are getting yourself in deeper with every stupid response.

Let it go ,well all know what you are:rofl:

eccho
09-05-2012, 05:47

I'm counting like zero sympathy votes.

That royally sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that happened.

I guess the brightside is the car was a gift, so it's not like you spent a crap ton of money on the car when you bought it, only to have it crap out.

At least you spent money on something that lasts and can be resold, like guns, instead of stuff that doesn't last or can't be sold. Like lapdances, for example.

Congratulations on the engagement ring, I hope this doesn't put a damper on things for too long. Try to stay positive, lifes too short ya know?

And to everyone saying why'd he own so many guns etc. Times change. It's not in everyones nature to horde money indefinately until something bad happens. The OP was saying it was only so bad because he just spent a few grand on a ring, and he didn't have any bills when he was buying the guns.

eccho
09-05-2012, 05:50
Really guys? Arguing over mechanical problems? Arguing over the philosophy of spending or saving? Talking down to one another?

filthy infidel
09-05-2012, 05:59
Oh please if a harmonic balancer pulley froze up it would mean the crankshaft is locked up .You are getting yourself in deeper with every stupid response.

Let it go ,well all know what you are:rofl:

I kinda thought the same thing but suspect he means a tensioner pulley for a belt driven 'counterbalance shaft' which isnt the same thing as a harmonic balancer.

Jumping back out of this melee...

Peace Warrior
09-05-2012, 06:02
Hmmm......? Get rid of 13 Glocks, or keep a PT crusiser? Hmmmmm.....?

Geeorge
09-05-2012, 06:04
Really guys? Arguing over mechanical problems? Arguing over the philosophy of spending or saving? Talking down to one another?

We're sorry MOM:crying:

:tongueout:

Geeorge
09-05-2012, 06:06
I kinda thought the same thing but suspect he means a tensioner pulley for a belt driven 'counterbalance shaft' which isnt the same thing as a harmonic balancer.

Jumping back out of this melee...

Wouldn't you think a big time certified mechanic like he claims to be would get the wording right?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

JMS
09-05-2012, 06:09
Lmao. My guns are my savings. worse case scenario paper money will turn into TP.

When you lose money on an item, it ceases to be classified as savings.

Geeorge
09-05-2012, 06:11
I found a picture of one of your supposed 13 glocks

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww295/geeorge1/main-1264.jpg

JMS
09-05-2012, 06:13

BTW this is my favorite line, I imagine you standing by the road with your broken down car pointing at all the passing cars and thinking that your car is better than theirs. We've owned Toyota's since 1984 and non of them have grenaded like your PT. Chrysler isn't known for reliability, Toyota is.

Haha :tongueout:

Bruce M
09-05-2012, 06:28
$300 ea. to my buddy ...

The US dollar is dropping daily.....my guns arnt ;-) I have quite a large "savings" collection.

Safe guess you paid more than $300 each?

gwalchmai
09-05-2012, 06:43
Safe guess you paid more than $300 each?He's gonna make it up in volume. Not to mention the profit on that PT if he sells it later.

certifiedfunds
09-05-2012, 06:45

By now you should be seeing that your plan had some holes in it.

But I understand that when you're rolling large at $27,000/yr you can just overlook the details.

Gallium
09-05-2012, 09:58
I think we have a "new" Eurodriver.... :)

SC Tiger
09-05-2012, 10:24
I think we have a "new" Eurodriver.... :)

I kept waiting for a reference to a Sony Bravia or a girlfriend with jacked-up teef. :rofl:

youngdocglock
09-05-2012, 10:34
ya know.....

I come here. To talk to other people who enjoy firearms as much as i do. I come here for advice, friendship and to help others who i may be able to.

I belong to 6 other firearms forums, including the 1911 forum, beretta forums, S&W and various SD forums.

However this forum. I am certain at this point. Is a damn joke. It is filled with armchair warriors, who have nothing better to do with their measly pointless unfulfilled lives, that the only way to make themselves feel big, powerful or even a single speck of useful in this world , they must act like stupid ignorant immature 13 year olds throwing temper tantrums and using the dumbest and most idiotic insults i have ever had the embarrassment, and time waste of reading in my entire life.

Do serious discussions go on here? Sometimes. But 95% of the membership here is a giant pissing contest of who can try to make themselves feel the coolest or get in the last meaningless hollow insult that really does nothing but makes you look the incompetent fools that you really are.

And in the real big boy world. Those of you who play this stupid highschool crap on here, i am certain have no friends, no wives, drink excessively and think back to 1979 and your highschool football glory years all night because the truth is none of you have what it takes to make anything of yourself other than a internet troll who attempts to make others feel bad on a daily basis to give your worthless meaningless lives some type of psudo quazi purpose.

I own many guns? hard to believe? i dont give a half of a rats red ass. I have nothing to prove to any single human being on the face of this planet. Because i am not a washed up college or highschool thug who only wishes to reclaim his glory days of shoving nerds heads in toilets and making their lives hell.

With that.........i leave this stupid whos got the biggest dick sausage fest with my pride, my morals, my self respect and the knowing that..when i go to sleep at night. I love my life. Some on here may honestly be able to say the same. I've seen the character in thousands of members here............however MOST............will not. Enjoy your stiff drinks and memories of a time where you believed you were liked. Truth is........i dont ****ing care :wavey:

SC Tiger
09-05-2012, 10:47
ya know.....

I come here. To talk to other people who enjoy firearms as much as i do. I come here for advice, friendship and to help others who i may be able to.

I belong to 6 other firearms forums, including the 1911 forum, beretta forums, S&W and various SD forums.

However this forum. I am certain at this point. Is a damn joke. It is filled with armchair warriors, who have nothing better to do with their measly pointless unfulfilled lives, that the only way to make themselves feel big, powerful or even a single speck of useful in this world , they must act like stupid ignorant immature 13 year olds throwing temper tantrums and using the dumbest and most idiotic insults i have ever had the embarrassment, and time waste of reading in my entire life.

Do serious discussions go on here? Sometimes. But 95% of the membership here is a giant pissing contest of who can try to make themselves feel the coolest or get in the last meaningless hollow insult that really does nothing but makes you look the incompetent fools that you really are.

And in the real big boy world. Those of you who play this stupid highschool crap on here, i am certain have no friends, no wives, drink excessively and think back to 1979 and your highschool football glory years all night because the truth is none of you have what it takes to make anything of yourself other than a internet troll who attempts to make others feel bad on a daily basis to give your worthless meaningless lives some type of psudo quazi purpose.

I own many guns? hard to believe? i dont give a half of a rats red ass. I have nothing to prove to any single human being on the face of this planet. Because i am not a washed up college or highschool thug who only wishes to reclaim his glory days of shoving nerds heads in toilets and making their lives hell.

With that.........i leave this stupid whos got the biggest dick sausage fest with my pride, my morals, my self respect and the knowing that..when i go to sleep at night. I love my life. Some on here may honestly be able to say the same. I've seen the character in thousands of members here............however MOST............will not. Enjoy your stiff drinks and memories of a time where you believed you were liked. Truth is........i dont ****ing care :wavey:

You should have seen the "battery booster" thread. 20 people saying how stupid somone would have to be to need a product that jump starts a car if it has a dead battery.

I think some good advice came your way regarding saving up for emergencies/ unplanned events and things like that, though in many cases it could have been phrased better. Good luck.

JMS
09-05-2012, 10:48
Good luck

jbglock
09-05-2012, 15:23
I'd say it is the general tone set here. Out of all the forums I frequent this has turned out to have the most immature members. Not all mind you but quite a few that would have been kicked out of other forums and probably have. I'll never understand the logic of certain things. I was admin of a forum once that had close to 5 times the paid advertisers I've seen here and yet I still wouldn't put up with some of the BS I see here. I just enjoy the forum as is and try to filter out some of the 3 year olds. That would be my advise to you. Good luck getting your PT fixed.

Upgrayedd
09-05-2012, 16:22
ya know.....

I love when people try to front, then play the victim when it fails. Rock on with your 13 glocks and your pt cruiser!:rofl:

gwalchmai
09-05-2012, 16:46
ya know.....

With that.........i leave this stupid whos got the biggest dick sausage fest with my pride, my morals, my self respect and the knowing that..when i go to sleep at night. I love my life. Some on here may honestly be able to say the same. I've seen the character in thousands of members here............however MOST............will not. Enjoy your stiff drinks and memories of a time where you believed you were liked. Truth is........i dont ****ing care :wavey:Wow. That sure is a lot of stuff to say to people whose opinions you don't care about...

Oh, and it's all true, too. :supergrin:

method
09-05-2012, 16:51
Truth is........i dont ****ing care :wavey:

Obviously.

You spend more than a quarter of your one time measly yearly income on a bunch of Glocks, and you think you're not gonna get called a dummy?

G-19
09-05-2012, 16:53
ya know.....

Try the Political Forum sometime.

Gallium
09-05-2012, 17:03
I'd say it is the general tone set here. Out of all the forums I frequent this has turned out to have the most immature members. Not all mind you but quite a few that would have been kicked out of other forums and probably have. I'll never understand the logic of certain things. I was admin of a forum once that had close to 5 times the paid advertisers I've seen here and yet I still wouldn't put up with some of the BS I see here. I just enjoy the forum as is and try to filter out some of the 3 year olds. That would be my advise to you. Good luck getting your PT fixed.

I respectfully submit that it would be very improbable for you to have sampled enough of this specific forum (GNG) in your short time here to arrive at those erroneous conclusions. There are a myriad of other forums (forae?) here, and it would take way more than 3 months (much less one) to get enough of a sense how this place flows.

GNG can be brutal, but it has it's own Karma/bs detector built in. Idiotic posts by people who appear to mirror those types of posts get flamed to high hell, because the "regulars" can spot those folks from 2 posts or 10 miles off, whichever is more distant.

If you post here acting like a know it all, chances are you're gonna get stuff dished back to you in extra servings. Don't come in here claiming to be king **** - lots of folks here at 1st view might seem to be simple folk - but we have everyone from federal agents, to rocket scientists, to MDs, to particle physicists, to CPAs to PhDs, to wealthy entrepreneurs, to jet setters here, and most do a fine job of remaining mute on those traits except when their expertise is called on.

This particular fellow who started this thread (who I have no row with)...read his posts. If there was ever a village missing a very certain specially educated person...well, we know where that person is.

Who in their right mind gets emotionally attached to a PT Cruiser? And who liquidates the bulk of their collection for a heart transplant on something like this? Is this something a rational person would do? I think not. What does that tell you about the OP. Are his stated actions rational? How much credence and credibility should we then place in his claims? Does the rational person blow up, curse everyone out and stalk away when folks don't agree with them? Rational level headed gun owners don't do that. Little men do that. Boys do that. Immature folk do that, and the been there done that folks here can see right thru the smoke & mirrors.

Yes, the high water mark for stupidity often times lifts the boats clear off the docks and washes them 1/4mile inland...but I think we are for the most part content with the homeostasis of this place.

:cool:

willie_pete
09-05-2012, 17:25
Dam, you guys are brutal. Eric is not going to be happy - you chased another one off. :rofl:

WP

Gallium
09-05-2012, 19:05
Dam, you guys are brutal. Eric is not going to be happy - you chased another one off. :rofl:

WP

Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust' - YouTube

*ASH*
09-05-2012, 19:20
5 PAGES !!!!

2 BLACKBELTS ??

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/images7-8.jpg

Mr Spock
09-05-2012, 19:23
I respectfully submit that it would be very improbable for you to have sampled enough of this specific forum (GNG) in your short time here to arrive at those erroneous conclusions. There are a myriad of other forums (forae?) here, and it would take way more than 3 months (much less one) to get enough of a sense how this place flows.

GNG can be brutal, but it has it's own Karma/bs detector built in. Idiotic posts by people who appear to mirror those types of posts get flamed to high hell, because the "regulars" can spot those folks from 2 posts or 10 miles off, whichever is more distant.

If you post here acting like a know it all, chances are you're gonna get stuff dished back to you in extra servings. Don't come in here claiming to be king **** - lots of folks here at 1st view might seem to be simple folk - but we have everyone from federal agents, to rocket scientists, to MDs, to particle physicists, to CPAs to PhDs, to wealthy entrepreneurs, to jet setters here, and most do a fine job of remaining mute on those traits except when their expertise is called on.

This particular fellow who started this thread (who I have no row with)...read his posts. If there was ever a village missing a very certain specially educated person...well, we know where that person is.

Who in their right mind gets emotionally attached to a PT Cruiser? And who liquidates the bulk of their collection for a heart transplant on something like this? Is this something a rational person would do? I think not. What does that tell you about the OP. Are his stated actions rational? How much credence and credibility should we then place in his claims? Does the rational person blow up, curse everyone out and stalk away when folks don't agree with them? Rational level headed gun owners don't do that. Little men do that. Boys do that. Immature folk do that, and the been there done that folks here can see right thru the smoke & mirrors.

Yes, the high water mark for stupidity often times lifts the boats clear off the docks and washes them 1/4mile inland...but I think we are for the most part content with the homeostasis of this place.

:cool:

What you said....

Also, I'd like to disrespectfully submit that he's a poopy head.

Mature enough for him? :)

Mr Spock
09-05-2012, 19:25
5 PAGES !!!!

2 BLACKBELTS ??

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/images7-8.jpg

"Blew up worse than a PT cruiser turbo" is now my favorite phrase on GT. I shall strive to use it weekly, at a minimum.

5 pages is nothing. He never even said a word about WalMart or rape whistles.

*ASH*
09-05-2012, 19:27
"Blew up worse than a PT cruiser turbo" is now my favorite phrase on GT. I shall strive to use it weekly, at a minimum.

5 pages is nothing. He never even said a word about WalMart or rape whistles.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/25784489.jpg

jakebrake
09-05-2012, 19:29
is there a curl up in a fetal position, cry and suck thumb emoticon?

if not, allow me to offer up that idea.

JMS
09-05-2012, 19:41
Rock on with your 13 glocks and your pt cruiser!:rofl:

Correction, 1 Glock.

Mr Spock
09-05-2012, 19:45
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/KK_Koala/25784489.jpg

I'd lol.

RayB
09-05-2012, 19:49
1) I respectfully submit that it would be very improbable for you to have sampled enough of this specific forum (GNG) in your short time here to arrive at those erroneous conclusions.

2) ...but we have everyone from federal agents, to rocket scientists, to MDs, to particle physicists, to CPAs to PhDs, to wealthy entrepreneurs, to jet setters here...

3) Who in their right mind gets emotionally attached to a PT Cruiser?

1) Oh, I don't know about that... Haven't you ever walked into a new bar or a restaurant, and turned around and walked right out? Because I sure have. Iíve also given a new place a few tries, and decided it just wasnít where I wanted to beóthat I could do better; and invariably, I did.

2) That may be all well and true, but it is hardly a testimony to good character. Some of the biggest jerks Iíve encountered have been highly educated, thintelligent, ill-mannered, pompous asses, that lacked the common sense and decency that I possessed when I was twelve. Outside their areas of expertise, some of these guys are complete losses as human beings, and wonít be missed by anyone when they depart this world.

Living in Wisconsin as I do, I know for a fact that low-life can be found in the highest of places.

3) Each of us, including you, lives inside our heads. Given that the car was a gift, and he likes it, and given that it seems to have been damaged unnecessarily by a moron, and that the OP may have recourse to recover the cost of the damages, his attachment to it and desire to salvage it is not all that outrageous, really.

Whatís more, I think heís right in that we do have some real a-holes lurking here. The sad fact is, some of these guys really are just bullies looking for a new playground, because thatís all they know, because theyíre broken somehow, or just missing a chip... The OP was right about that. Iíve said it several times before, we have people right here on Glock Talk, that would pack a picnic for a public hanging. It is what it is.

By the bye, forgive me, but is your avatar a picture of a boat? Whatever for?

--Ray

Breadman03
09-05-2012, 19:52
Why did you have 13 Glocks?

Oh wait! You had an investment in durable goods that you liquidated in order to meet a financial need.

I'm happy you had the ability to find the funds when you needed them and hope that the "rain" let's up on you.

JMS
09-05-2012, 19:56
awe have people right here on Glock Talk, that would pack a picnic for a public hanging.
--Ray

Is this considered a bad thing?

bobby_w
09-05-2012, 20:29
ya know.....Do serious discussions go on here? Sometimes. But 95% of the membership here is a giant pissing contest of who can try to make themselves feel the coolest or get in the last meaningless hollow insult that really does nothing but makes you look the incompetent fools that you really are....

So on Glocktalk, the Members are either a 5%'er or a 95%'er. Which are which? :dunno:

Gallium
09-06-2012, 03:39
1) Oh, I don't know about that... Haven't you ever walked into a new bar or a restaurant, and turned around and walked right out? Because I sure have. I’ve also given a new place a few tries, and decided it just wasn’t where I wanted to be—that I could do better; and invariably, I did.

You may disagree with me, but everything boils down to some level of attraction, or repulsion - Chemistry. (not talking about at the subatomic level or approaching the speed of light).

Just because as an individual you find something personally distasteful means that it is indeed so. Your mores and compass might be aligned different than where you happen upon. Example: I know (no exaggeration) HUNDREDS of people who intensely dislike guns, and upon entering here, would do as you state above. Does it mean it was a "bad" place? No. It simply means the chemistry between you and that place in that slice of time did not facilitate a strong enough bond.

2) That may be all well and true, but it is hardly a testimony to good character. Some of the biggest jerks I’ve encountered have been highly educated, thintelligent, ill-mannered, pompous asses, that lacked the common sense and decency that I possessed when I was twelve. Outside their areas of expertise, some of these guys are complete losses as human beings, and won’t be missed by anyone when they depart this world.

Well don't let your narrow myopic experiences perpetually taint reality, as the statistics are stacked against your anecdotal perspective. :)

3) Each of us, including you, lives inside our heads. Given that the car was a gift, and he likes it, and given that it seems to have been damaged unnecessarily by a moron, and that the OP may have recourse to recover the cost of the damages, his attachment to it and desire to salvage it is not all that outrageous, really.

My head is big, but it's not that big :tongueout:. From the timeline he presented, it does not appear recourse was a component of his decision making when he sold those guns. If you want to defend his actions - great. To proceed down this path of a discussion you really 1st must be honest enough to answer the question on if his behavior was "rational". My three year old cell phone falls, and is damaged. Let me sell a $400 gun for $300 so I can fix it, because I was given to me for free or a song...in the meanwhile I can get a newer, more robust phone for $50 without a contract from most dealers. His decision was not financially sound, no matter how it is presented, because attempts are collecting from "Pep Boys" is a long odds gamble.

What’s more, I think he’s right in that we do have some real a-holes lurking here. The sad fact is, some of these guys really are just bullies looking for a new playground, because that’s all they know, because they’re broken somehow, or just missing a chip... The OP was right about that. I’ve said it several times before, we have people right here on Glock Talk, that would pack a picnic for a public hanging. It is what it is.

By the bye, forgive me, but is your avatar a picture of a boat? Whatever for?

--Ray

I have an avatar? A boat avatar? Ok....if you say so (I have "viewing of avatars" turned off). It was placed there for some reason, which I either don't remember or care to disclose, but I've never owned a boat, or rented a boat (except for business or leisure for a few hours), in case you wanted to pursue that line of thought...

If you think there are "aholes" lurking here, you really need to thicken up in the skin dept. I have been here for nearly a decade, and most of the a-holes are exactly like the people who start threads like this, and then complain about it, and then slink off to return as a reincarnated ahole with a different screen name. I much prefer to look at people's behavior (or in this case posts) over a wide span before I arrive at conclusions as you have.

I would pack a picnic for a public hanging, but would intervene if I saw a child being sexually molested. There is a difference. Up until a century or two ago, public executions were considered fun, and if the person sentenced to die is proven guilty, I think they would still be a lot of fun. Not sure why we don't have more of these....:tbo:

BTW, I think I am done here in this thread.

bnkrtstk
09-06-2012, 04:55
You're a mechanic and it's costing you $4600? Must not be a very good one.

cangler
09-06-2012, 14:18
I'm sticking with Toyota... :whistling: they have always have been good to me... and my family members.

But I am sorry you had to sell your glocks :crying:

Bren
09-06-2012, 14:36
I am torn betweeen never believing anything youngdocglock posts and wanting to believe he really drives a turbo PT cruiser, thus confirming my stereotyping.:rofl:

What a dilemma.

Mr T
09-06-2012, 15:14
That sounds about right for an american made car. Chevy pickup...replaced lifters at 65k. Ford Aerostar.. $2000 worth of work at 70k. Mercery Topas...front crank seal out at 25k.....died at 100k.... whole time dealerships try to screw you over on work that didnt need to be done, or didnt fix the problems that are covered under warranty (PASSENGER SIDE ELECTRIC WINDOW WOULDNT GO DO, SO ITS COVERED UNDER WARRENTY. DEALER REPAIR GUY "FIXES" IT AND WHEN I GOT HOME, MY WIFE USES THE CAR and ROLLed DOWN THE WINDOW, AND FOUND THAT THE GUYS "FIX" WAS SPRAYING the window with lubricant) . I swore I would never buy american made again. Even have a Honda mower.

SC Tiger
09-06-2012, 19:16
That sounds about right for an american made car. Chevy pickup...replaced lifters at 65k. Ford Aerostar.. $2000 worth of work at 70k. Mercery Topas...front crank seal out at 25k.....died at 100k.... whole time dealerships try to screw you over on work that didnt need to be done, or didnt fix the problems that are covered under warranty (PASSENGER SIDE ELECTRIC WINDOW WOULDNT GO DO, SO ITS COVERED UNDER WARRENTY. DEALER REPAIR GUY "FIXES" IT AND WHEN I GOT HOME, MY WIFE USES THE CAR and ROLLed DOWN THE WINDOW, AND FOUND THAT THE GUYS "FIX" WAS SPRAYING the window with lubricant) . I swore I would never buy american made again. Even have a Honda mower.

The American stuff has gotten better. I got 186k out of a 2000 Silverado before the head cracked and the crack is still small enough that the truck is drivable. However I still think Honda and Toyota have the advantage on long term reliability.

My wife's 2002 Malibu had an intake manifold gasket go at around 90K. That's the biggest problem with GM V6 engines (at least the older ones). It usually isn't catastrophic.
Sent from my Kindle Fire

kat1950
09-06-2012, 19:45
What kind of response did you expect from a cheap gun forum, do not let these peoples opinions get you down, Internet BS chatter, do yourself a favor do not come onto the internet for friendship or advice, 95 per cent of participants are idiots and losers that you would not want any association with.

Oh by the way, the people with the most posts in a short time are the real Bull*****ers, they have no life but the pathetic internet.

RayB
09-06-2012, 19:46
1) I would pack a picnic for a public hanging... Up until a century or two ago, public executions were considered fun, and if the person sentenced to die is proven guilty, I think they would still be a lot of fun.

2) Not sure why we don't have more of these....

1) Big, fat, freaking surprise there... :whistling:

2) This will no doubt continue to mystify you, throughout your days... :upeyes:

You would no doubt enjoy that aspect of living in Iraq or Afghanistan... Good times! :thumbsup:

Iím done here too. :wavey:

--Ray

GlockN
09-06-2012, 19:54
Driving a PT Loser is for chicks. Instead of those Glocks you should of bought a man-car.

RayB
09-06-2012, 20:21
What kind of response did you expect from a cheap gun forum, do not let these peoples opinions get you down, Internet BS chatter, do yourself a favor do not come onto the internet for friendship or advice, 95 per cent of participants are idiots and losers that you would not want any association with.

Okay, I'm almost done here...

GT actually has some decent folks on board... And there is considerable expertise here on a variety of topics, including anything from kitchen cutlery to selecting an astronomical telescope.

But you're right in that it's a very mixed bag... The usual dreary chest thumping and herd mentalities present themselves, as the alpha-males snarl and posture, and the followers fall predictably into line behind them. But there are a few intrepid, self-directed souls lurking here as well; trust me, they are here...

But I will confess that Iím sometimes dismayed at how few catch on (as I did as a child), that most people don't play Follow the Leader, they play Follow the Follower... They just fall in line behind people that don't really know much more than they do; because they mistake belligerence for strength, and gentleness for weakness... And they perceive safety in numbers... It's all very predictable, but it still bugs me at times. To put it another way, there are plenty of people right here, right now, who would crucify Christ all over again, and perhaps, even pack a picnic for the event...

--Ray

Gen4 Fan
09-06-2012, 20:33

Well, at least you got the ring. That's the main thing.

You were quite the gentleman to refuse your future wifes
offer to pay for fixing your car.

Do you see a trend here?

Gen4 Fan
09-06-2012, 20:45
ya know.....

With that.........i leave this stupid whos got the biggest dick sausage fest with my pride, my morals, my self respect and the knowing that..when i go to sleep at night. I love my life. Some on here may honestly be able to say the same. I've seen the character in thousands of members here............however MOST............will not. Enjoy your stiff drinks and memories of a time where you believed you were liked. Truth is........i dont ****ing care

My goodness, you're a whiney little thing.

Maybe you should start your own Mensa forum so you don't have to suffer the slings and arrows of the mental
deficients here.

I hope your sausage measures up in your future endeavors.

Waboom!!
09-06-2012, 21:06
Buy a Honda.

This^

larry_minn
09-06-2012, 21:10
The PT is transportation. Wouldn't be my first choice. But folks that the type of car they drive is the ONLY thing that "appears" to define them.........

I find myself hiring more and more engine work.

Atlas
09-06-2012, 21:57
I knew this would all come to tears... I just knew it!

JuneyBooney
09-06-2012, 22:13
when i aqquired them it was not. When i ran my own PC repair shop, i also was pulling 27k a year, lived with my brother free of rent and had no bills. so buying a glock a month was easy :-p

but a $4,600 bill out of the blue hit me pretty hard. especially after dropping a few K on a ring friday.

Money comes and goes and Glocks do too. But the nice thing about Glocks us that they are not expensive and can be replaced fairly easily. Good luck.

bush pilot
09-06-2012, 22:15
BTW this is my favorite line, I imagine you standing by the road with your broken down car pointing at all the passing cars and thinking that your car is better than theirs. We've owned Toyota's since 1984 and non of them have grenaded like your PT. Chrysler isn't known for reliability, Toyota is.

Haha :tongueout:

Word...

Hines57
09-06-2012, 23:22
Wow, who could have seen this thread going south?

Taterhead
09-06-2012, 23:46

I did not bother to read the entire thread, but I will just say this: Good on you. You sold some stuff instead of borrowing money to fix the car. Smart man. It sucks to part with guns big time, but Glocks are Glocks (I love 'em) and you can buy them again later.

The "normal" thing to do would be to slap down some plastic for such repair bills. I respect a man that takes your approach. This approach to money will be helpful in your upcoming marriage. Congratulations, by the way on your recent engagement!

This had to hurt, but you manned up and did the right thing.

panzer1
09-07-2012, 00:58

god hates me. its official. :crying:Gun's or a Ring. Ring Go's. Sorry BABE.

JuneyBooney
09-07-2012, 01:02

The average trans goes out at about 70-110k miles. I had a Ford Aerostar run 700k miles on three trans.

The op's car may have run out of oil and blown to pieces. It happens. I have heard of shops leaving the oil drain plug loose and ruining engines.

pugman
09-07-2012, 05:26

PT Crusier: Hadn't "burped" in 8 months
My 00 Mazda Protege: hasn't burped in....well....ever

I have always said any car company can produce a lemon (yes, even Honda or Toyota) and even Chrylser can produce a good car.

I wouldn't give up my well maintained 2000 Mazda Protege with 292,000 miles for anything. Its clean, I still get in the high 30's for mileage, its been paid for (interest free) for going on 9 years and I know every little scratch and ding

The average trans goes out at about 70-110k miles. I had a Ford Aerostar run 700k miles on three trans.

The op's car may have run out of oil and blown to pieces. It happens. I have heard of shops leaving the oil drain plug loose and ruining engines.

I don't understand how an average car blows a transmission at 70-110K

My 00 Protege has 292K on the clock
My brother's 03 Corolla has over 200K
My dad's 94 Escort Wagon had 228K on it after 12 years before he sold it
My wife's old 03 Honda CRV had 140K on it when we traded it in
My brother had 2 Ford Fiestas both with over 120K on them before one was hit by a snow plow and another the engine blew.
My BIL's old Ford Ranger had 389K on it before the engine died. His Ford Explorer has over 150K on it and his only problem has been the brakes which for whatever reason eat up pads

None of these cars ever had problems with the transmission - are we just lucky?

However, I completely agree on the oil change problem. People look at me funny when I say I still change my own oil. Loose drain plugs being one problem. The second is you never know if they actually did the work unless you check it - and at that point you might as well do it yourself.

The local Walmart about two years ago got in big trouble when it was discovered they rarely changed out a car's filter if they got really busy on weekends. Just drain the oil and charge the customer for a full oil change.

A guy caught them on it - I was in the car area buying oil - when he confronted the store manager. Their solution?

Refund him his money....on the cost of a filter...because after all they gave him clean oil.

A class action suit turned into the store giving free oil changes for a month (Walmart's idea not the court's...then they were really busy) and compensation to EVERY customer who had a oil change done on a weekend going back three years.

SC Tiger
09-07-2012, 07:21

He posted later ITT that he had a coolant flush done and they used the wrong coolant, which led to pretty much a disaster.

Peace Warrior
09-07-2012, 10:14
He's gonna make it up in volume. Not to mention the profit on that PT if he sells it later.
Finally! A man that knows good business!

If a person, or company, has to sell an item, or product, for less than they paid, or it cost to make, they that person or company always, and I repeat, always, must sell that item or product in a higher volume in order to realize any profits from those sales!

Great business ethic and sense! :thumbsup: :whistling:

ilgunguygt
09-07-2012, 10:24
No ........however my General, suspension, breaking system, cooling systems, emissions and fuel system ASE certificates say that i am. The State inspection license backs it up :-)

I love my car haha I do run Mobil-1. I also run Marvels to keep the cams sparkling. I use nothing other than LUCAS products and i just came inside from working on the head gasket of my sisters Ram :-) did you know that even though the hood stickers say to time it at 1.758 it should be timed at 1.600? just a little info :-)
What is the "A" number of that fuel systems ASE? or the Emmisions one? I have an ASE master Auto tech cert, and also a college degree. I also have 15years of experience to back it up. If you are a mechanic then I am a monkeys uncle. BTW, a state inspectors license usually takes a few hour course and a test at the end, a mechanic it does not make. If its costing you 4600 bucks to replace that engine, you are no mechanic. BS all the way around. I would be surprised if there ever where 13 glocks.

SC Tiger
09-07-2012, 10:27
You're a mechanic and it's costing you $4600? Must not be a very good one.

I wonder how much of that is the engine? The OP said (I think) that he was putting in a crate motor. At that mileage I'd go with a rebuild.

Also if the engine grenaded like he said then he probably won't get anything back for a core charge.

certifiedfunds
09-07-2012, 11:15

If a person, or company, has to sell an item, or product, for less than they paid, or it cost to make, they that person or company always, and I repeat, always, must sell that item or product in a higher volume in order to realize any profits from those sales!

Losses magically disappear as you scale them up.

gwalchmai
09-07-2012, 12:13

Great business ethic and sense! :thumbsup: :whistling:or, you can't miss fast enough to win... ;)

4GLOCKER
09-07-2012, 14:05
Dodge!!

gwalchmai
09-07-2012, 14:13
Dodge!!Well, you know what they say about driving a Dodge...

Green_Manelishi
09-07-2012, 14:20

If you were "pulling 27k a year" that's only about $500 per week, which is not a lot of money. On the other hand, if you were rent free with no bills that's $500 for you to spend as you see fit. You were buying guns, 1 per month, but what else were you buying?

larry_minn
09-07-2012, 15:00
I recall I worked one summer for $75 a week. It was a church youth camp. Free room/board. The summer before I did two weeks for no pay at another camp (staff in training) the next year I worked a Juvi detention center for summer at $100 a week (free room/board) and college credits.

Green_Manelishi
09-07-2012, 15:15

So says uncle sam; spends his way out of deficit.

Green_Manelishi
09-07-2012, 15:17

Solve the equation:

1+2*3 =

Glock30Eric
09-07-2012, 16:42
Lol wow this is still going strong!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

CharlestonG26
09-07-2012, 16:59
Guy goes on GT and posts a sob story about having to sell his 'babies' to pay a bill.

Instead of saving money he previously bought a bunch of Glocks.

He gets no sympathy from me...and...IMO isn't ready for marriage.

*ASH*
09-07-2012, 17:54
Guy goes on GT and posts a sob story about having to sell his 'babies' to pay a bill.

Instead of saving money he previously bought a bunch of Glocks.

He gets no sympathy from me...and...IMO isn't ready for marriage.

some missed the flyby lol its fake to rowl folks up

Peace Warrior
09-07-2012, 18:39

Yes, I'm losing a little bit on every sale, but I'll make it up in volume. :thumbsup: :supergrin:

Peace Warrior
09-07-2012, 18:40
or, you can't miss fast enough to win... ;)
;)...

certifiedfunds
09-07-2012, 18:43
Yes, I'm losing a little bit on every sale, but I'll make it up in volume. :thumbsup: :supergrin:

The general motors model

Mr Spock
09-07-2012, 18:59
The general motors model

Not true. They don't sell at high volume anymore. Look at the Volt!

Drain You
09-07-2012, 19:08
Well, you know what they say about driving a Dodge...

http://www.bundyology.com/dodge.jpg

kat1950
09-07-2012, 19:14
Okay, I'm almost done here...

GT actually has some decent folks on board... And there is considerable expertise here on a variety of topics, including anything from kitchen cutlery to selecting an astronomical telescope.

But you're right in that it's a very mixed bag... The usual dreary chest thumping and herd mentalities present themselves, as the alpha-males snarl and posture, and the followers fall predictably into line behind them. But there are a few intrepid, self-directed souls lurking here as well; trust me, they are here...

But I will confess that I’m sometimes dismayed at how few catch on (as I did as a child), that most people don't play Follow the Leader, they play Follow the Follower... They just fall in line behind people that don't really know much more than they do; because they mistake belligerence for strength, and gentleness for weakness... And they perceive safety in numbers... It's all very predictable, but it still bugs me at times. To put it another way, there are plenty of people right here, right now, who would crucify Christ all over again, and perhaps, even pack a picnic for the event...

--Ray

Great Post, definitely one of the decent 5 Per Cent.

adamg01
09-07-2012, 19:55
Glock has to suffer because you bought a junk Chrysler? Let this be a lesson to you, stay away from junk and keep your Glocks. :tongueout:

vtducrider
09-07-2012, 22:42

Your gonna be sorry.

Yeah, that is a lose and lose situation. Did you sell the Glocks to a gun shop or a dealer? What did you get for it? Folks here might have been able to pay you slightly more than a dealer.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-07-2012, 23:55
The thread is actually a tragic allegory. The 13 represents a nonexistent number on a clock, meaning the OPís time is up. He has a meltdown and hence, is no longer on this thread. The OPís statement of ďGod hates meĒ is actually a prophetic announcement that GT omniscience and wrath will reign down upon him. His love for the car is actually affection for a person who is horribly deformed and disfigured.

RayB
09-08-2012, 00:09
His love for the car is actually affection for a person who is horribly deformed and disfigured.

Thanks... :upeyes:

I just blew soda out my nose! :rofl:

--Ray

JMS
09-08-2012, 05:26
Well, at least you got the ring. That's the main thing.

You were quite the gentleman to refuse your future wifes
offer to pay for fixing your car.

Do you see a trend here?

Why would she give up the ring? She'll get a piece of jewelery (albeit probably a tiny little thing) and a green card.

sharp
09-08-2012, 12:01
Wow....just read this entire thread. I don't know or follow YDG, so I don't know if he deserved what he got. In fairness, he did receive a good amount of constructive criticism, advice, and some good hearted ribbing. HOWEVER I think he is correct in a lot of what he says in his closing post. Several of you were unprovoked *******s to him! I don't get the thought process that goes into making mean spirited comments and opinions on an Internet forum...:dunno:.

Having said that, I do still enjoy GT, if for nothing else at times, the entertainment factor! I guess if ppl like YDG start threads, they need to develop a little thicker skin:wavey:.

jhaynes
09-08-2012, 18:47
13 Glocks to fix a Chrysler!!! Are you off of your meds? lol

PrecisionRifleman
09-08-2012, 19:30
Sorry to hear about your situation. I had to sell my 6k precision rifle setup this year due to circumstances as well. Really really sucks. Good luck with your vehicle.

RCP
09-08-2012, 19:38
I am torn betweeen never believing anything youngdocglock posts and wanting to believe he really drives a turbo PT cruiser, thus confirming my stereotyping.:rofl:

What a dilemma.

I tend to side with the 1st one, the bad guy who drew a knife on him only to trip and knock himself out because his flip flops got stuck in a sewage grate was a classic!:rofl:

WDN
09-08-2012, 20:52
I tend to side with the 1st one, the bad guy who drew a knife on him only to trip and knock himself out because his flip flops got stuck in a sewage grate was a classic!:rofl:
:rofl: I'm with ya

ChuteTheMall
09-08-2012, 21:02
I don't get the thought process that goes into making mean spirited comments and opinions on an Internet forum...:dunno:.

Irregardless, it's a discusting acquired taste.http://i39.tinypic.com/w7zd60.gif

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 21:21
Irregardless, it's a discusting acquired taste.http://i39.tinypic.com/w7zd60.gif

Seems most everyone has their chance to step in front of the firing squad sooner or later. :supergrin:

Bren
09-09-2012, 06:36

You're right, I'll stick with never believing him. Besides, he probably drives a Schwinn...do they still make schwinn?

DaBurna
09-09-2012, 09:21
Please tell me a G19 was not involved in this... At least with a barrel u can still have a .40cal....

CVM
09-09-2012, 12:38
Just purchased my first Glock, a G36. I was impressed with the gun: size okay, ergonomics okay, recoil fine, very accurate. BUT, the gun FAILED TO FEED the second round and every round thereafter for two mags. The gun has not fired a full mag, both mags that came with the gun, and only feeding two out of six. Ammo used: Win SXT and white-box 45.

I saw an earlier post that said something to the effect "great gun, jams occasionally." What! A carry gun that jams occasionally is a great gun?

This is GLOCK PERFECTION?!

The G36 is designed to be a carry gun, not a paper puncher or can popper. As an FFL, I thank God I tested this gun before selling it or carrying it myself.

This gun could get the user killed.

Maybe its just the G36, but any gun, new and fresh out of the box, clean, and with good factory ammo, will not fire the second round puts me off the manufacturer. PS and no f---king limp wrist here, so don't fire that myth back to me. A carry gun should cycle whether you are upside down, inside out, covered in blood and have only one finger available to pull the trigger.

I'll never buy another Glock and will dissuade any customer from buying one. (Also the Ruger LC9; it sucks as well) In fact, I will not stock Glocks or special order one. I care about my customers, and would feel pretty bad if I sold them a gun that got them killed or severely injured.

RCP
09-09-2012, 12:41
The other youngdocglock post that got my attention was in the Lady Gaga bodyguard thread where we learned of his ninja like reflexes. :upeyes:

Not much....some.****** at the mall thought my girl was his ex's friend....came right up to herr full bore , fists clenched.... he found his way into a knee brace and broken cheek bone....all i got was a "quick reflexes huh?" From the leo who responded.

gwalchmai
09-09-2012, 12:53
Just purchased my first Glock, a G36. I was impressed with the gun: size okay, ergonomics okay, recoil fine, very accurate. BUT, the gun FAILED TO FEED the second round and every round thereafter for two mags. The gun has not fired a full mag, both mags that came with the gun, and only feeding two out of six. Ammo used: Win SXT and white-box 45.

I saw an earlier post that said something to the effect "great gun, jams occasionally." What! A carry gun that jams occasionally is a great gun?

The G36 is designed to be a carry gun, not a paper puncher or can popper. As an FFL, I thank God I tested this gun before selling it or carrying it myself.

Maybe its just the G36, but any gun, new and fresh out of the box, clean, and with good factory ammo, will not fire the second round puts me off the manufacturer. PS and no f---king limp wrist here, so don't fire that myth back to me. A carry gun should cycle whether you are upside down, inside out, covered in blood and have only one finger available to pull the trigger.

I'll never buy another Glock and will dissuade any customer from buying one. (Also the Ruger LC9; it sucks as well) In fact, I will not stock Glocks or special order one. I care about my customers, and would feel pretty bad if I sold them a gun that got them killed or severely injured.I'll give you $100 for it.

dherloc
09-09-2012, 13:07
I'll give you $100 for it.

$125 for my bid.

Mr Spock
09-09-2012, 14:10
$125 for my bid.

$126.

What now? :tongueout:

Westicle
09-09-2012, 14:10
$130 and you pay shipping to canada

CVM
09-09-2012, 14:15
We gota long way to go guys to reach my dealer cost of $481 + $20 shipping. :rofl:

I'd would sell to a gunsmith, which I am not.

Received the gun on Friday and took a putt to the range, came back to the shop and fired into a sand bucket -- death grip on the thing because of the limp-wrist BS -- not one mag cycled through. Spent round ejects fine, but slide locks back with no feed of the next round. Also primer strikes are deep with a lateral crease from center to edge. Every round the same. Have to manually move the slide slightly back while engaging slide release, or remove and reinsert the mag to chamber the next round.

I'm done with it. Keep the bidding going and I'll consider . . . :rofl:

larry_minn
09-09-2012, 14:30

I'll never buy another Glock and will dissuade any customer from buying one. (Also the Ruger LC9; it sucks as well) In fact, I will not stock Glocks or special order one. I care about my customers, and would feel pretty bad if I sold them a gun that got them killed or severely injured.

$150 shipped.

Let me understand. You got ONE gun that you couldn't get to fire twice. You lacked ability to trouble shoot. (maybe some cardboard stuck in slide rails?) so rather then take it to someone who can check it, sending it back. (or any other normal response to item that does not function correctly) You decide all items from that manufacture are junk...

It may be your grip. I picked up a single stack 9. It would never stay open after last shot, seems I was putting pressure on slide stop. A 1911 that Failed to feed was also my grip on slide.

Diesel McBadass
09-09-2012, 14:42
hes a troll guys who shows up and has their posts be off topic

CVM
09-09-2012, 15:06
You apparently failed to read my post.

I got the gun on Friday (the day before yesterday), tested it that day, found the problem, and e-mailed Glock. And yes, if a CLEAN GUN FRESH OUT OF THE BOX, TESTED WITH NEW WINCHESTER AMMO, WILL NOT FUNCTION, I'm put off the brand.

READ THE FULL POST

Gregg702
09-09-2012, 15:10

I got the gun on Friday (the day before yesterday), tested it that day, found the problem, and e-mailed Glock. And yes, if a CLEAN GUN FRESH OUT OF THE BOX, TESTED WITH NEW WINCHESTER AMMO, WILL NOT FUNCTION, I'm put off the brand.

READ THE FULL POST

And what does that have to do with a PT Cruiser?

devildog2067
09-09-2012, 15:14

READ THE FULL POST

And so... you took the trouble to register on Glocktalk, then post to the one forum that isn't about guns, about a pistol brand you're "put off of" and presumably will never purchase agian, in a thread about a PT Cruiser blowing up?

You need internet lessons.

(PS: I don't own a Glock. Never liked them. For some reason I have trouble shooting them well.)

CVM
09-09-2012, 15:29
And so... you took the trouble to register on Glocktalk, then post to the one forum that isn't about guns, about a pistol brand you're "put off of" and presumably will never purchase agian, in a thread about a PT Cruiser blowing up?

You need internet lessons.

(PS: I don't own a Glock. Never liked them. For some reason I have trouble shooting them well.)
YEP, you're right. I'm new to Glock Talk. I couldn't, still can't, seem to find how to post a new thread. The G36 tread was closed, so I jumped in where I could.

My sole purpose for joining Glock Talk was to post my disgust with the G36.

So, okay, to anyone who would buy a PT Cruiser: Ya wanna buy a Glock?

ChuteTheMall
09-09-2012, 15:32
Since he posted three times, he's more experienced. than most gunstore commandos.
Maybe we should all give up on Glocks and change the name of the site to PT Cruiser Talk.

gwalchmai
09-09-2012, 15:35
OK, New Guy, lemme 'splain - this ain't no auction site. The rule is the first "I'll take it" with an offer gets it. Since you're new I won't stoop to the level of some of these crass posters who called you names (Some of you guys, honestly. Don't be insulting my new dealer). That's inhospitable and we're a hospitable bunch here at GT.

Welcome, amigo... ;)

CVM
09-09-2012, 15:37
Yep you're correct. I'm new to glocktalk and couldn't figure out how to create a thread, and the thread on G36 problems was closed. I jammed my cocked gun in where I could.

My sole purpose for joining glocktalk was to post my disgust at the G36.

So okay, to fit with this thread: I would expect anyone who would own a PT Cruiser would also find the G36 a "great gun" even though it jams occasionally.

TattooedGlock
09-09-2012, 15:39
Should have sold the ring. Buy a Nissan.

Gregg702
09-09-2012, 15:41
Yep you're correct. I'm new to glocktalk and couldn't figure out how to create a thread, and the thread on G36 problems was closed. I jammed my cocked gun in where I could.

So okay, to fit with this thread: I would expect anyone who would own a PT Cruiser would also find the G36 a "great gun" even though it jams occasionally.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i279/BadReligion702/657c817d.jpg

CVM
09-09-2012, 15:42
OK, New Guy, lemme 'splain - this ain't no auction site. The rule is the first "I'll take it" with an offer gets it. Since you're new I won't stoop to the level of some of these crass posters who called you names (Some of you guys, honestly. Don't be insulting my new dealer). That's inhospitable and we're a hospitable bunch here at GT.

Welcome, amigo... ;)
Thanks for the civility.

If I stay with g-talk, I'll figure out the protocols.

Thanks again, gualchmai

gwalchmai
09-09-2012, 15:51
Glad to help. Did you want to split the shipping?

06ptcruiser
09-09-2012, 18:53
Sorry your having PT troubles. I have three! 03,05,06. They have been good for me. I like glocks too. They have never let me down either. Pt was the best compact car for the price in it's time. Your right, mileage could be better, but the Pt is built like tank and not very aerodynamic, so come to accept the mileage for the safety and fun of driving...Good luck and hope you get some Glocks back!

Hines57
09-09-2012, 20:19
I hate my Craftsman wrenches, they started rusting.

jbglock
09-10-2012, 04:30

I guess millions of users are wrong and you are right. ALL Glocks are junk just because you got one bad gun so you now refuse to stock them or even order them for customers that want them right? I guess you are the expert and I am not since my Glocks have been working for decades? I guess my ENTIRE department that has been using them without issue is wrong? I guess you know more than most of the country? Welcome to the forum.:rofl:

Edit: Please tell me what store you represent so I never even accidentally buy anything from you. I'm not quite expert enough so I wouldn't feel right.

gwalchmai
09-10-2012, 04:55
I hate my Craftsman wrenches, they started rusting.You can exchange them at Sears for new ones...

glockout
09-10-2012, 06:24
We get all of our major repair parts at the local junk yard.4600 for a motor, ain't happening.

icelandicstud
09-10-2012, 06:53
buy a honda, ditch the chic, keep the ring!

i have 290k on one and 100k on another..not one damn problem!

R3508
09-10-2012, 09:59

I'm poor and have accumulated my GLOCK collection over many years, buying most on layaway. My gun collection out performs my retirement trust annually! As for the car, you could go with a wrecking yard motor for a fraction of the 13 GLOCKS. BTW average price for a used GLOCK in my area is over $500.

:faint:

Billy10mm
09-10-2012, 11:36
Solve the equation:

1+2*3 =

Seven

Peace Warrior
09-11-2012, 02:59

I've never known of a PT Cruiser to jam. Hmmmm...?

Anyway, generally speaking, usually, typically there only 5 things which will cause the ever reliable g36 to jam?

#1) Bad bench loaded ammo,

#2) Limp wristing,

3) Limp wristing,

4) Limp wristing

and

5) Limp wristing while sitting on the hawpa.

I guess we will never find out what CVM means. Dern... :cowboy:

Bren
09-11-2012, 04:42

READ THE FULL POST

Then stop using the brand. It's not for you. This goes for all of the guys who can't shoot as Glock without malfunctions. After years and years of shooting wiht police and trained shooters, it took Glock Talk for me to find out the most reliable gun I've ever seen, in real life, is a POS on the internet.:rofl:

certifiedfunds
09-11-2012, 05:59
Then stop using the brand. It's not for you. This goes for all of the guys who can't shoot as Glock without malfunctions. After years and years of shooting wiht police and trained shooters, it took Glock Talk for me to find out the most reliable gun I've ever seen, in real life, is a POS on the internet.:rofl:

No kidding huh?

I remember the time I took a new shooter to the range. He had a brand new G36 that kept having FTF, but only in his hands. So I paid him what he paid for it and its been flawless since.

Geeorge
09-11-2012, 06:04

READ THE FULL POST

If you cannot get a glock to work right you are gonna have a real fit when you get a gun that is finicky to use.:rofl:

Nate Goodman
01-28-2013, 21:51
quote of the year material right here;

For the first five pages, I thought this was a Vart story. You just need to trade that PTCruiser in for a Pontiac Grand-Am...then trade it in for a Infiniti SUV....then trade it in for a V6 Mustang....then trade it in for a Mini-van...and then trade that for ..say a 1987 Suburban with off-road suspension and some humongous engine that get's 4 mpg.

*ASH*
01-28-2013, 21:55
quote of the year material right here;

For the first five pages, I thought this was a Vart story. You just need to trade that PTCruiser in for a Pontiac Grand-Am...then trade it in for a Infiniti SUV....then trade it in for a V6 Mustang....then trade it in for a Mini-van...and then trade that for ..say a 1987 Suburban with off-road suspension and some humongous engine that get's 4 mpg.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NeverMore1701
01-28-2013, 22:08
Hello last year!

larry_minn
01-28-2013, 22:26
So since this is back up top. Is he married yet? :0

Ironbar
01-28-2013, 22:27
God doesn't hate you. You were just exceptionally stupid for spending a boatload of money on an engagement ring.

Peace Warrior
01-28-2013, 22:34
Who dug up this fossil?

Geeorge
01-28-2013, 22:47
I bet you wish you waited untill now to sell off those glocks:tongueout:

douggmc
01-28-2013, 22:54

You must be new here. GT sport.

PS - I predict this thread will last for years.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

BEER
01-28-2013, 22:58
so did this guy ever stuff a chick into the engine compartment on his pt or not?

NeverMore1701
01-28-2013, 23:16
so did this guy ever stuff a chick into the engine compartment on his pt or not?

Would have been a nice upgrade.

ChiTownPicaro
01-28-2013, 23:41
Sorry. I would hate to sell any of my Glocks.

Gallium
01-29-2013, 00:33
I bet you wish you waited untill now to sell off those glocks:tongueout:

What do you think his imaginary friend is doing with those 13 imaginary Glocks? :whistling:

* - it's been more than 90 days, so my "thread participation reset" clock started over. It's like a new thread of stupid all over. :uglylol: