Great Book [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Great Book

Mark Smeaton
09-05-2012, 11:20
I decided to "master" snub shooting and, this year, bought three J frames and a 686 snub. I got a little better on my own with Google and range time, but this book by Grant Cunningham has helped more than anything else. Probably not a big help to the competition shooters, but to recreational shooters like me it was money well-spent. I got the Kindle edition and found it to be well presented:

Amazon.com: Gun Digest Book of the Revolver [Paperback]: Grant Cunningham: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nU%2Bby5nqL.@@AMEPARAM@@51nU%2Bby5nqL

Covers all double-action revolver shooting, not just snubs.

Babysinister
09-06-2012, 12:39
I too got the Kindle version, yesterday. I've just read the introduction and first chapter but I think it's just what you said. A great companion for Ed Lovette's book on the snubby, what with the different approaches they complement each other imo.

Mark Smeaton
09-06-2012, 13:37
Just found Lovett's book per your post, I'll Kindle it as well. Thanks.

up1911fan
09-07-2012, 12:40
Thanks for the review. Thought about doing this for my kindle. just wondering what kind of pic's you miss out on.

Mark Smeaton
09-07-2012, 12:48
It's hard to know what has been omitted in Kindle editions, the history books in particular, but these two seem to be amply illustrated.

I'm halfway through Lovette's book; Cunningham's is better on technique, Lovette's is pretty heavy on "war stories".

Bluestreakfl
09-14-2012, 22:01
I actually just bought Lovette's book, finished it in 2 days. Lots of stories, but he makes a lot of good points. I did notice when I looked up the kindle version, it's the older publishing, the updated and revised edition is still only available on paperback.

Sent from my phone booth

LSP972
10-05-2012, 18:12
I have a latest-edition hard copy of Lovette's book, and am reading the Kindle version of Cunningham's tome.

Basically, to me, Lovette's work is more from a conceptual angle, while Mr. Cunningham provides more meat and potatoes.

But hands-down the best snubbie book out there is Stephen Camp's offering...

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Revolver%20Ad.htm

He has left us, but his wife still sells copies of his published work. The above-mentioned book is chock-full of goodies and details that I've never seen anywhere else. It is definitely worth the effort to acquire.

Bluestreakfl
10-05-2012, 22:44
After reading Lovettes book, I immediately bought Cunninghams. I'll have to check out Camps writings now, I'm glad I found another book on revolvers, snubs in particular because I couldn't put the other two books down.

Sent from my phone booth

Chup
10-21-2012, 20:47
I read Lovette's Book and Cunningham's. I'm half way threw Camp's. Thanks for the lead on Camp's. Anybody know any other Snub or Revolver Books like these?

alphacat
10-23-2012, 12:37
That looks like an interesting book.
I don't have a Kindle but I understand I can read Kindle books on my laptop. That is, if I download the software first.
I have a question; If I buy a Kindle copy of that book can I than copy it to a disk so I can read it on my work computer?
Thanks, I'm new to e-books.

DonGlock26
11-29-2012, 15:20
Tons of snubby stuff here:

http://snubtraining.com/blog/