Volunteer Sign-up for Conyers 2012 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Sign-up for Conyers 2012

SARDG
09-05-2012, 13:37
The link below is a direct link to the forms to sign up for RO and other volunteer duty at the Glock Annual Shoot:

http://www.gssfonline.com/annual-shoot-range-officer.cfm (http://www.gssfonline.com/annual-shoot-range-officer.cfm)

Cindy said to be sure to read the first document - What to Expect at the Match (All RO's) She needs all kinds of volunteers. Mike Ross was at the club gate giving directions last year when I pulled up so YMMV from day-to-day.

The second document is a fill-in form to submit. It's nearly self-explanatory.

The third document is the special Registration Form for ROs and lists RO Bucks as a way to pay for match entries. That's what I usually do, but if you choose to not use RO Bucks, other gifts are available as usual. I'd suggest using RO Bucks (1 match entry for 1 day worked) as that's the easiest on GSSF and you are instantly gratified.)

Right now, she has about ½ the volunteers she needs – so…

1RoundEye
09-05-2012, 16:23
Since Scott is heading out there just for the match he SHOULD have no problem ROing all weekend. :D

SARDG
09-05-2012, 19:00
Since Scott is heading out there just for the match he SHOULD have no problem ROing all weekend. :D
Ya' 'hear' that Scott - your buddy volunteered ya'...

PM720
09-05-2012, 20:40
I have a HOST of friends! :whistling: Not sure when I can RO shooting 7 divisions? :faint:

Scott

SARDG
09-05-2012, 22:05
I have a HOST of friends! :whistling: Not sure when I can RO shooting 7 divisions? :faint:

Scott
Guess you don't have time for Friday's dinner either.... oh well. :whistling:

PM720
09-05-2012, 23:28
Guess you don't have time for Friday's dinner either.... oh well. :whistling:

:crying:

SARDG
09-09-2012, 16:14
I thought I would bump this up to the top again so all the Sunday-evening-posters can see it and volunteer! Looking for about 50 more ROs.

Even a half day could help - especially if you are an experienced GSSF RO. If you haven't RO'd a GSSF match in any capacity, it's time to get your feet wet!

Ocean_glocker
09-11-2012, 08:19
I've decided that I'm not going to register to shoot or RO until the Dawsonville finals are posted...

Don At PC
09-11-2012, 09:23
Folks I feel pretty confident that you will see Dawsonville Finals this week as next week will be fully dedicated to the final touches of the Conyers Match and Gunny Challenge. Remember they had another duel match weekend this past weekend well cross country.

I am anxious as well but I am also already signed up to shoot and work the Conyers Match.

Don

Ocean_glocker
09-11-2012, 09:34
Folks I feel pretty confident that you will see Dawsonville Finals this week as next week will be fully dedicated to the final touches of the Conyers Match and Gunny Challenge. Remember they had another duel match weekend this past weekend well cross country.

I am anxious as well but I am also already signed up to shoot and work the Conyers Match.

Don

I hope so.. I'm not trying to stage a protest or anything, but depending on the dawsonville result will determine how many entries and days I will RO

SARDG
09-11-2012, 13:12
...depending on the dawsonville result will determine how many entries and days I will RO
:headscratch: Counting on some big money wins? Trying to confirm whether or not you'll be promoted to Master? ???

Ocean_glocker
09-11-2012, 13:58
:headscratch: Counting on some big money wins? Trying to confirm whether or not you'll be promoted to Master? ???

haha.... master... not anytime soon

I was thinking
-if I win a random $50, I'll try to find a G26 to shoot sub (I sold mine)
-if I win a random gun, I'll try to find a G21 to shoot...

If I randomly win nothing, I'll prob shoot 1 entry and RO 1 day...

Conyers was my first GSSF match, and I remember how NUTS it was... I'm actually fearing ROing... well not really fearing, I can't find the right word right now.

Comrade Bork
09-11-2012, 16:36
If it is done as in prior years, they will be out there setting up enough stages on Thursday for ROs to shoot first thing Friday morning.

So those ROs who get their own match entries out of the way on Friday can then concentrate on being ROs all weekend and not have to divert their time to shooting.

If you are considering being an RO, you might consider gettting in on that.

Ocean_glocker
09-11-2012, 18:08
If it is done as in prior years, they will be out there setting up enough stages on Thursday for ROs to shoot first thing Friday morning.

So those ROs who get their own match entries out of the way on Friday can then concentrate on being ROs all weekend and not have to divert their time to shooting.

If you are considering being an RO, you might consider gettting in on that.

Yes, you're right. And that's a great convenience for most. but me personally, I'm not going to use up my leave just for that...

PM720
09-12-2012, 12:45
Well, looks like I'm in! Just look for the fat guy in the blue shirt I guess! :whistling:

Scott

SARDG
09-12-2012, 13:11
Well, looks like I'm in! Just look for the fat guy in the blue shirt I guess! :whistling:

Scott
Glad you could join the rest of us working stiffs...

Now, come on folks... we need more volunteers. All the old, er...former Conyers ROs have long since been notified, so we need some new blood.

Cindy had about 75 ROs last year, and I can tell you we could have used more. The year before (2010) she had about 100 and that was approaching the number needed, soooo.... what are you waiting for? OJT available! These things can't run without you.

PM720
09-12-2012, 15:39
Glad you could join the rest of us working stiffs...

:tongueout:

Ok guys, if I can do this coming from California you locals .......... :whistling: :wavey:

Scott

Chris North
09-12-2012, 20:38
I wanted to RO both days, but my high school 20-year is the same week...

I can't be gone both weekends and the full week.

Stupid life events!

I will be there to shoot three divisions Sunday morning first thing.

Team Random Draw

SARDG
09-12-2012, 21:01
I wanted to RO both days, but my high school 20-year is the same week...

I can't be gone both weekends and the full week.
How about Ed - will he come and RO? :)

Chris North
09-12-2012, 22:25
How about Ed - will he come and RO? :)

I think the entire group will just shoot on Sunday am.

Usually Brian, Sean and myself can talk them into RO duty, but this time the stars didn't line up for us.

Hope to see you there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SARDG
09-12-2012, 22:49
I think the entire group will just shoot on Sunday am.

Usually Brian, Sean and myself can talk them into RO duty, but this time the stars didn't line up for us.

Hope to see you there!
Darn, you're a good RO Chris. Won't give a gal a break though, with your scoring. :crying: I'll see you guys there (maybe) - it's gonna be a little packed!

SARDG
09-13-2012, 09:58
Boycotters, deep thinkers, and others anticipating the D'ville Finals - your day has arrived:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442794

SARDG
09-14-2012, 15:13
Just received this by via e-mail. For those who didn't:

Please join us for our match in Conyers (Covington) GA on September 21st – 23rd for the GLOCK ANNUAL SHOOT XIX and The Gunny Challenge VIII hosted by South River Gun Club!!

There have been changes to our registration form for the return of Major Sub Division and the changes to Heavy Metal (now a standard 11 round division). You can get an updated registration form on our website at www.gssfonline.com.

You can pre-register and avoid the walk up lines by using the registration form found at www.gssfonline.com and emailing or faxing it to 770-437-4719 by Noon EST on Wednesday, September 19th. If you miss the deadline for pre-registration, bring your completed registration form and this email to the Walk-Up counter and we will waive the $10 fee. Maps to the range can be found at www.gssfonline.com under the Match Schedule section. Just click on the match link for the map!

Here's our CURRENT schedule:

Friday, - 10:00am – We have a limited number of openings for Friday
to shoot with the Range Officers. Friday registration closes at 12:00pm

Saturday, - 9:00 am - Registration opens, Shooting begins at
9:00am, Registration closes at 3:00pm

Sunday, - 9:00 am - Registration opens, Shooting begins at
9:00am, Registration closes at 2:00pm

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THIS MATCH:

REGISTRATION: Will be held in the SRGC Clubhouse as usual. You may park in the lot across from the clubhouse temporarily while you register, but please continue to the main competitor parking areas after registration. Handicapped/Challenged shooters may park on the ranges by displaying their permits in/on their vehicles. Any special situations, please inquire at registration.

GUNNY CHALLENGE: The Gunny, Mr. R. Lee Ermey, will preside over his match. Scheduled for 2:30pm Saturday, the match will be held in the new bay area of the range in bay 18 (GSSF Annual Shoot XIX Map (http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/annual-shoot-range-officers/GSSF_Annual_XIX_Map.pdf)). Come see our best shooters compete for cash and prizes! The Gunny will be at the range Saturday from 10:00am to 4:30pm and for a couple of hours Sunday morning.

EXPRESS BAYS: Members shooting 3 or more divisions will have the opportunity to shoot all their divisions back to back in bays 13, 19, & 20 (GSSF Annual Shoot XIX Map (http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/annual-shoot-range-officers/GSSF_Annual_XIX_Map.pdf)). Members with less than 3 divisions are also welcome to shoot in these bays with the understanding that the usual squadding rules of ‘shoot 2, then step back’ do not apply.

RANGE OFFICERS NEEDED: We have openings for a few more range officers to work this match! If you are interested in helping, please go to GSSF Range Officer Information (http://www.gssfonline.com/annual-shoot-range-officer.cfm) for forms and information. Forms are fill-in type like our match registration form.

MERCHANDISE/LUNCH/GLOCK GAMES/ARMORERS/SIDE EVENTS: GSSF Merchandise will be on sale in the clubhouse at registration. There will be various vendors selling products around the range. Lunch, the GLOCK Games and the GLOCK Armorers will be located in the Cowboy Town area (Bay 8). The local USPSA club will host a side event near the Cowboy Town in Bay 3 (GSSF Annual Shoot XIX Map (http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/annual-shoot-range-officers/GSSF_Annual_XIX_Map.pdf)).

Don't forget to take advantage of the GLOCK Armorer services on site as a part of your member benefits when attending the match! Information on other membership benefits are posted at ‘www.gssfonline.com’ in the Hot Topics section.

Come out and shoot with us! Bring a new member and you and the new member will be entered in a drawing for a GLOCK pistol certificate! For details, visit 'www.gssfonline.com'.

We look forward to seeing you at the match!

GSSF

Upcoming events include: Conyers, GA – September 22-23, 2012; Salt Lake City, UT – September 29-30, 2012; Milwaukee, WI – October 6-7, Summerville, SC – October 13-14, 2012; Mobile, AL – October 20-21, 2012; Sparta, IL – October 20-21, 2012; Lexington, KY – October 27-28, 2012; Tucson, AZ – October 27-28, 2012; Piru, CA – November 3-4, 2012; San Antonio, TX – December 1-2, 2011

Ocean_glocker
09-18-2012, 08:12
I just sent in my sheet, I'm going to volunteer all day sat and sunday... I think I'm only going to shoot 1 entry. What are our other options other than an entry to the match?

SARDG
09-18-2012, 08:39
I just sent in my sheet, I'm going to volunteer all day sat and sunday... I think I'm only going to shoot 1 entry. What are our other options other than an entry to the match?
Great... thanks - we needed that!

Other options are Glock knives, magazines (including the 33rnd 9 mil or 22rnd .40 cal, last I checked), Glock hologram... I can't even remember everything. After I waited about 5 or 6 months for magazines one time, I went for the immediate gratification of match entries.

The goodies are listed on an RO sheet you'll sign. Many of the items are the same as you could win randomly when finals are posted.

SARDG
09-19-2012, 01:22
Bumping again...

Pre-registration closes at noon EDT today, September 19, 2012.

Still time to volunteer.