Impressive 9mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Impressive 9mm

Tiro Fijo
09-06-2012, 22:40
Very impressive 9mm hard barrier tests with a proprietary solid copper HP (not Barnes). For those that are worried about hard barriers it doesn't get any better than this with a handgun:

Mike Cyrus of Lehigh Defense tests the 9mm ME in plywood - YouTube

LeHigh Defense 9mm 105 gr ME Ammo Testing - YouTube

A great test of what this bullet does AFTER penetrating the intended target indoors:

9mm Lehigh Maximum Expansion Bullet Test #2 - YouTube

Glock19Fan
09-06-2012, 23:57
I just couldnt bring myself to use such a light 9mm load.

I think if I was in the market for a solid copper bullet I would stick to the DPX.

Kentguy
09-07-2012, 07:31
Greetings,

If you want to research this concept a bit more I can recommend a book by Tom Halstead called "Reduced Load Ballistics".

Reduced Load Ballistics Research Manual: Tom Halstead AAGSR: Amazon.com: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Up60f4TZL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Up60f4TZL

I am not sure that I will go along with everything Mr. Halstead concludes but I can not knock his research... The man has done his homework!

Anyway it is interesting reading and research, a 166 page paperback and for just under $10 at Amazon.com, it's worth the read.

JEEPX
09-07-2012, 11:08
I just couldnt bring myself to use such a light 9mm load.

I think if I was in the market for a solid copper bullet I would stick to the DPX.

Has Corbon went back to Barnes bullets?
They were making there own. Performance with these bullets was/is dismal..
Last batch I had around five months ago. It was a box of their own. In gel a. 380 would have done better.

Tiro Fijo
09-07-2012, 13:31
Has Corbon went back to Barnes bullets?
They were making there own. Performance with these bullets was/is dismal..
Last batch I had around five months ago. It was a box of their own. In gel a. 380 would have done better.

Corbon makes their own NORMAL JHP's, however their SCHP's are made by Barnes.

Why was their performance dismal? :dunno:

SCmasterblaster
09-12-2012, 14:40
I use a 115gr JHP +p+ 9mm, and I am concerned about whether of not it will expand and stop in a sternum bone in the chest. There's no way that I am going to uses a lighter, slower bullet in my G17.