Kimber Eclipse Custom II, need educating.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Eclipse Custom II, need educating....

akjaeger
09-07-2012, 05:14
I bought a used Kimber Eclipse Custom II that was on Gunbroker.
In the limited amount of shooting I have done with it , the pistol seems very accurate and has been 100% reliable so far.
I've been shooting my Glock's favorite handload, 9.3gr Longshot under a 180 XTP in Starline brass.
I've heard of reliability issues with the Kimber's, mostly breakage of MIM parts.
What parts should be replaced and with what brand of parts?
Will the Kimber hold up to shooting the above load?

B.Reid
09-07-2012, 08:03
Rumors of Kimber reliability issues have been greatly exaggerated. Also MIM parts will last as long as any other. Parts fail on all guns sooner or later. Shoot your gun and replace parts as needed.

Crosseyed Shooter
09-07-2012, 08:55
I have had my Eclipse for about a year and have shot everything through it without any problems. It is my "test" gun for new loads because of its chamber tolerances. I changed out my recoil spring to a 22# and it still throws brass a mile. No regrets at all with my Kimber. I also have a Delta Elite, G20, and G29. The Kimber has the best factory barrel in my opinion.

nickE10mm
09-07-2012, 10:42
rumors of kimber reliability issues have been greatly exaggerated. Also mim parts will last as long as any other. Parts fail on all guns sooner or later. Shoot your gun and replace parts as needed.

^^this^^

B.Reid
09-07-2012, 11:03
I have had my Eclipse for about a year and have shot everything through it without any problems. It is my "test" gun for new loads because of its chamber tolerances. I changed out my recoil spring to a 22# and it still throws brass a mile. No regrets at all with my Kimber. I also have a Delta Elite, G20, and G29. The Kimber has the best factory barrel in my opinion.

I put a 23# recoil spring in my Stainless target II, it still throws brass a long way.

nickE10mm
09-07-2012, 11:13
Cross and BReid.... the best way to reduce brass ejection distance is to install a Flat Bottomed FPS in COMBINATION with a slightly heavier recoil spring. In 1911's, the spring isn't the only part of the equation like it is for Glocks.

akjaeger
09-07-2012, 19:48
Thanks guys, that's what I wanted to hear.