Waiting on Glock mail, availability and opinions. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Glock mail, availability and opinions.

mike g35
09-08-2012, 10:24
So I'm waiting on my random gun cert from the Marietta match. I'm actually gonna do something a little different this time and set the gun up for home defense and carry as opposed to having yet another "game" gun. I'm going to use Ameriglo Pro-Glo I-Dot (two lamp) night sights. And I'll probably install the "-" connector. And I happen to have a NY1 trigger spring I was going to install just to see what it's like. Anyway here's my question, are the Gen 4 G30's available for upgrade on my cert? I didn't see them on the last one and I thought you could write in the model but I wasn't sure. Also, I'm kind of up in the air about whether to get a .45acp G30 or a Gen 4 G19. I used to have a G19 but I sold it, I've missed it ever since but if I get the 45 I open up a bunch more divisions I can shoot at matches. What do you folks think?
(can't believe I'm stressing over a free gun :rofl: LOL)227620

SARDG
09-08-2012, 10:53
So I'm waiting on my random gun cert from the Marietta match... ...Anyway here's my question, are the Gen 4 G30's available for upgrade on my cert? I didn't see them on the last one and I thought you could write in the model but I wasn't sure... ...if I get the 45 I open up a bunch more divisions I can shoot at matches. What do you folks think?
(can't believe I'm stressing over a free gun :rofl: LOL)227620
Yes Mike, you can write in any Gen 4 that's been introduced and include the appropriate upgrade charge. I just did that with a Gen 4 G20 several weeks ago - of course I haven't received it yet, but was assured it's no problem doing a write-in.

Yep, a G30 will immediately open SubComp, MajorSub and Heavy Metal - but I thought you were shooting one single gun to get good with that.

mike g35
09-08-2012, 11:51
I am, my G17, but I've got a prime opportunity to get a gun for the heavier caliber divisions. I won't shoot them this year, but there's no reason not to go ahead and get the gun if I want it. But there's the catch. I think it would be worth trying the G19's shorter sight radius for GSSF. Obviously there's no gun available that will improve poor fundamentals but I have noticed I am sometimes more accurate with my G26. Maybe trying something right in the middle is a good idea? Besides, I keep a small biometric gun vault on my nightstand, right now it has a Sig P938-Nightmare in it. I'm thinking the 938, as great of a pocket gun as it is, should probably be replaced by a higher capacity firearm. And I reload 9mm and 40, not 45. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Justin1911
09-08-2012, 15:25
If you want to branch out to HM/major sub and think you might reload 45 in the near future then get the 30. If your wishey washie on a new division and aren't interested in a new caliber to reload, then I would just get the 19.
The 19 is my carry/HD gun, also have it in a finger print micro vault with a x300 attached.

PM720
09-08-2012, 21:42
Hmm, I'm not sure my advice will help here Mike but.... :dunno:

I have both and I would probably carry the 19 over the 30 just because it feels smaller. Also, it gives you a full grip without the mag extensions on the 10 round 30 mags. I often worry about pinching myself on a speed reload on the 30. That said, I think I will be working toward a G32 if/when I ever get a CCW. :supergrin:

If you want to try out my G30 in Conyers let me know. :cool:

Oh yeah, I have a 36 upper for it too. Maybe I will throw it in the bag too. :wavey:

Scott

mike g35
09-09-2012, 06:53
Hmm, I'm not sure my advice will help here Mike but.... :dunno:

I have both and I would probably carry the 19 over the 30 just because it feels smaller. Also, it gives you a full grip without the mag extensions on the 10 round 30 mags. I often worry about pinching myself on a speed reload on the 30. That said, I think I will be working toward a G32 if/when I ever get a CCW. :supergrin:

If you want to try out my G30 in Conyers let me know. :cool:

Oh yeah, I have a 36 upper for it too. Maybe I will throw it in the bag too. :wavey:

Scott
Scott I guess this is as good a time as any to tell everyone so here goes nothin', I will not be attending Conyers this year. I was promoted at work and I will not be able to get the time off. My next match this year will be Lexington. It sucks, but a mans gotta make a living. :crying:

SARDG
09-09-2012, 10:07
...I will not be attending Conyers this year. I was promoted at work and I will not be able to get the time off...
I am saddened from learning that I will not have the opportunity to finally meet the infamous Mike g35 - but congratulations on your promotion. Does this mean you'll have more money for guns?? No, wait... you're the guy who wins a gun at each match. :rofl:

PM720
09-09-2012, 10:22
Dang, first Danny and now Mike? Maybe I should just cancel my trip? :whistling: I am sad to hear this Mike but happy about your promotion. I hope that works out good for you. :thumbsup:

Scott

SARDG
09-09-2012, 10:43
Dang, first Danny and now Mike?
Maybe you should shower Scott, and use a better deodorant... :faint::embarassed:

PM720
09-09-2012, 13:43
Maybe you should shower Scott, and use a better deodorant... :faint::embarassed:

:rofl: oh, wait...:embarassed::faint:

Scott

Don At PC
09-09-2012, 13:47
:rofl: oh, wait...:embarassed::faint:

Scott

That is just his Mojave Desert Dust. :faint::rofl:

Don

mike g35
09-10-2012, 06:50
Dang, first Danny and now Mike? Maybe I should just cancel my trip? :whistling: I am sad to hear this Mike but happy about your promotion. I hope that works out good for you. :thumbsup:

Scott

Thanks Scott and thank you also SARDG. Im a trainer/mentor at Cabelas now. I haven't "officially" been told my planned 4 days were not going to happen but with the guys that Cabelas hired stripping screws constantly, not knowing ANYTHING about the guns we carry (there is a difference between Mossberg and Benelli shotguns and it's not just the price LOL), scopes being mounted turned 45 degrees the wrong direction, and the constant ring of "hey Mike I need your help" in the air I'm pretty sure I'm going to be told 4 days off isn't going to happen. LOL I can't even imagine what I would have to deal with if I took that much time off. I think it will serve me better to stick around here and help my guys. :faint: :crying: :rofl:

S.Kargoh
09-10-2012, 09:33
Be careful about bad mouthing your employers, employees, services, or customers online or elsewhere. As you progress past the worker bee levels, you'll find that management likes to present a certain level of competence and quality. If their people aren't all on the same page, well.... That's not good.

Just a heads up.

S.Kargoh
09-10-2012, 10:49
Or to put it another way:
In corporate speak:
"i won't have much free time because our whole team will be really working hard to train and improve our service and skills to make sure we continue to be a valuable option for our customers. "

Haha. You get the idea. Positive spin.

mike g35
09-10-2012, 11:21
Or to put it another way:
In corporate speak:
"i won't have much free time because our whole team will be really working hard to train and improve our service and skills to make sure we continue to be a valuable option for our customers. "

Haha. You get the idea. Positive spin.
:rofl: Good point. I'm kind of frustrated with a few of the guys right now, I guess I'm letting it show.

S.Kargoh
09-10-2012, 12:34
Understood. That happens at most jobs. But that should be internal strife, only shared with necesary members of the chain of command.

What the younger "facebook" generation doesn't seem to get is that everything should not be shared online. We create online footprints. It is up to us to determine whether those footprints are positive or negative for our companies or employers.
When people (customers) google your company and its service, will they see something that drives them away or brings them to your business. All part of the big picture that you have to consider as you progress.

PM720
09-10-2012, 14:19
Understood. That happens at most jobs. But that should be internal strife, only shared with necesary members of the chain of command.

What the younger "facebook" generation doesn't seem to get is that everything should not be shared online. We create online footprints. It is up to us to determine whether those footprints are positive or negative for our companies or employers.
When people (customers) google your company and its service, will they see something that drives them away or brings them to your business. All part of the big picture that you have to consider as you progress.

Well said! :thumbsup:

Scott

SARDG
09-10-2012, 15:23
I'm glad I'm retired - except for my small business; and I never say anything bad about that company or its employees! All 2 of us. :)

Don At PC
09-10-2012, 15:42
I'm glad I'm retired - except for my small business; and I never say anything bad about that company or its employees! All 2 of us. :)

We can correct this oversight. :faint::rofl::embarassed:

Don

SARDG
09-10-2012, 17:06
We can correct this oversight. :faint::rofl::embarassed:

Don
This forum already has... :crying:

Glockrunner
09-10-2012, 20:15
This forum already has... :crying:

Looks to me that Danny has deputized you until he gets the new computer.:dunno:

mike g35
09-10-2012, 20:47
Just an update, I decided to go ahead and get a Gen 3 G19. It won't cost me a dime and since I plan on having Bobby Carver and B&B Enterprise build me a Lone Wolf G9 carbine thats going to be a little tricked out I can save money for that while still getting a good quality handgun. Actually I'll still be making money on that 19, half in my pocket and half to a transfer fee. :)
G19, Ameriglo ProGlo night sights....done. Nothing fancy, just something to protect my loved ones with.

S.Kargoh
09-10-2012, 20:56
Cool!

Don At PC
09-11-2012, 06:08
Looks to me that Danny has deputized you until he gets the new computer.:dunno:

Just think; "Deputy Miss Kitty", now is that scarey or what? :rofl::faint::wavey:

Don

DannyR
09-11-2012, 07:05
Actually, Don is covering for me.:wavey:

No need to call out the SS.