Date Night tonight...saw Obama's Motorcade... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Date Night tonight...saw Obama's Motorcade...

kcb
09-08-2012, 20:13
It was date night tonight...we meet every other Saturday night Downtown with friends...and our friends entertain there.
(singing songs from the good ol' days...singing a long...it's a lot of fun.)

Obama was suppose to be about 3 blocks away at 2 pm this afternoon, and we were praying he'd be gone by the time we
arrived downtown this evening.

Not so.

BEFORE we even got out of our neighborhood, there were cops at every intersection between our home and our destination. All the parking downtown, was roped off, so we had to search for parking...in our little downtown area.

The bar was packed with Gator fans watching the game, and slowly Obama fans filled the restaurant to wait for the motorcade.

We got our usual table to save for our friends.

FINALLY, the motorcade passed through. A lot of patrons ran out to the sidewalk to see if they could see him.

Just in case you might be interested.

:upeyes:

BTW...we remained comfortably in our seats...and saw all that we cared to see from inside the restaurant.

The OBAMA fans left...then the game was over, and the fans of our friends arrived for another fun Date Night. All was not lost!
:supergrin:

smith10
09-09-2012, 06:43
Sounds about how myself and Mrs smith would handle it. :supergrin:

Artable
09-09-2012, 07:50
Obama visited Lake Las Vegas in Nevada in August. Friend of mine Bob had gone through a checkpoint of some sort here in the neighborhood since Obama was staying at the Westin. He was driving his car that had a NOBAMA sticker on it. It was not Secret Service at the check point, it was Nevada state authorities. They saw the bumper sticker and asked Bob to remove it. Bob refused and exclaimed that he had a right to his opinion. The police officer told Bob HE HAD NO RIGHTS and removed the sticker from his bumper. USA?

kcb
09-09-2012, 09:08
Obama visited Lake Las Vegas in Nevada in August. Friend of mine Bob had gone through a checkpoint of some sort here in the neighborhood since Obama was staying at the Westin. He was driving his car that had a NOBAMA sticker on it. It was not Secret Service at the check point, it was Nevada state authorities. They saw the bumper sticker and asked Bob to remove it. Bob refused and exclaimed that he had a right to his opinion. The police officer told Bob HE HAD NO RIGHTS and removed the sticker from his bumper. USA?

WOW!!!

THAT is SO wrong on SO many levels! His rights were definitely abused!!!

Today, Obama is about 40 to 50 miles from us...at the beach.
They will again air on local tv every word he says...just as they did yesterday. :upeyes:

It's a very rainy day here...so it's a great reading day or watching old movies day for me! (Didn't want to hear him yesterday, either!) Sorry.

kcb
09-09-2012, 09:10
Sounds about how myself and Mrs smith would handle it. :supergrin:

:highfive:

When our performing friends arrived last night, I told the husband that he should have gotten there earlier so he could have seen him.

He teased me and said, "Seen who?"

Everyone said they were hoping he'd be out of there, also, before they got there! They just missed him...lucky them. They always count on us to save the good table! :cool: