IWB holster for a G-29SF. MTAC??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IWB holster for a G-29SF. MTAC???

Milhouse58421
09-08-2012, 22:29
I'm looking for a good IWB for my new G 29SF. I'm considering ordering an MTAC. Anyone have experience with this holster? How about other suggestions?

10 fan
09-09-2012, 23:20
Never tried the Mtac, carry a 20 &29 in a CBST. :cool:

seaswol
09-09-2012, 23:46
This has been my most comfortable holster for daily carry with my G29. I carry my G20LS in a simple "slide" holster.
Chris

vdub804
09-10-2012, 02:48
I suggest the Old Faithful iwb its nice and comfortable inexpensive and it makes the 29 invisible, you can buy it pre-assembled or assemble it yourself

Breadman03
09-10-2012, 03:57
I've been using a Crossbreed Supertuck (CBST) for 3 years, about 16 hours/day, 7 days a week. The first couple days it won't be as comfortable while the leather molds to your body, but after that it just disappears.

Meathead9
09-10-2012, 10:04
Until I moved to AIWB, the MTAC was my number one holster. I tried TONS of IWB holsters, and the MTAC came out king. I chose it over the Supertuck because I can change out kydex shells for different guns, and because it covers the entire muzzle.

I have a G20/21 MTAC for sale, black with 1.5" clips, that will work great or your G29. My G30SF felt like it balanced much better in the G20/21 shell. PM me if you're interested.

Milhouse58421
09-10-2012, 11:03
Until I moved to AIWB, the MTAC was my number one holster. I tried TONS of IWB holsters, and the MTAC came out king. I chose it over the Supertuck because I can change out kydex shells for different guns, and because it covers the entire muzzle.

I have a G20/21 MTAC for sale, black with 1.5" clips, that will work great or your G29. My G30SF felt like it balanced much better in the G20/21 shell. PM me if you're interested.

I wish I had seen your post before I ordered the Mtac.......thanks anyway.

*****It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway, I'm a southpaw.*****

bdhawk
09-10-2012, 17:51
i have a MTAC slide for my small frame glocks. fits my G22 and G27. it is very comfy, and secure. i 'fess up, it is not the easiest for me to 'put it on'. but, once it is on, it is outstanding. unlike the CBST, it does not have the metal belt clips that chew up your belt,they don't easily get bent out of shape, and it does not have the crosses that show off like a neon sign if you tuck [look at crossbreed's photos on their website].

due to my shortcomings [i feel it is me lacking the proper technique or skills, not the holster's fault] in putting the MTAC on, i opted for the comp tac infidel for my G21 sf. not quite as comfy, but a derned lot easer to put on and remove. a bit less expensive, too.

Opie 1 Kenopie
09-10-2012, 20:57
Well you've already ordered your mtac, so this wont apply to you, but I recently bought a Concealment Solutions Sidewinder for my 20/21/29/30. It's a great piece of kit and made super strong. Probably themost comfortable holster I've ever owned.

They make an IWB also called the Mamba, but I have no experience with them. Online reviews put them as a better deal and more comfortable than the Crossbreed or MTAC.

Milhouse58421
09-10-2012, 21:23
Update......

I canceled the MTAC, and purchased an Old Faithful Stage 3 kit. $40, and a money back guarentee (and I keep the holster!!!) if I don't "believe it is the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn". Hard to beat that deal. 50 year warrenty!?!? I'll be honest, I've never heard of them before, but for anyone to put their money where their mouth is like that......I'll give 'em a shot. It says 10-15 minutes to assemble the holster (Stage 3 kit) vs an assembled holster for $75. I can turn an allen wrench for a few minutes for $35. I'll keep people posted on this holster......

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.