Hallsville,MO Debriefing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hallsville,MO Debriefing

G21H30
09-09-2012, 09:51
The weather was perfect for shooting and the GSSF staff of Scott and Chris as well as the RO's were on top of their game.I wish I could have said the same for myself. My first time out in the "Deep End" of the pool and I pretty much drowned in Heavy Metal and Master Stock.:crying:My Subcompact and Unlimited scores were both mediocre and not what I hoped for. My times were ok but I seemed to be pushing my shots high with my G-37 all day long. They set the M up backwards like a W with a single popper that was hardset and the 5-to-Glock was set up in a echelon to the right from 5 to 25 yards. I gave up way to many points on the M by shooting to fast and changed the way I shoot the 5 to Glock for the first two strings and received 4 misses for my effort.On the bright side my wife shot well and had some personal best times on the plates and 5 to Glock although she was not pleased with her effort in Subcompact. We also met some new shooters who really seemed to be enjoying themselves and we were able to talk with a few old friends,some of them we had met 15 years ago at this very match.While we would always like to have performed better, I've come to understand that it's the time we spend shooting with each other and our friends and team mates that makes GSSF still this much fun even after all these years. Good luck to all who shoot Sunday as it looks to be another beautiful day for shooting!

Alexd29
09-09-2012, 10:16
Congrats on your newly acquired master status. Im happy that you and your wife shot well.

Keep your head up, and have fun.

JLM63
09-09-2012, 21:02
I was there too. It was my first match and it was a lot of fun. I hope to recruit my two sons and their friend to come next time. It was my first time to shoot steel plates and fortunately I had no misses but no speed records either.

I expected to take all day but I arrived at 9:00 and was done by 11:30 with lots of time to observe and try to meet people. Now I wish there were more opportunities to compete close by (Kansas City).

SARDG
09-09-2012, 21:29
...Now I wish there were more opportunities to compete close by (Kansas City).
What's "close"? There's Sparta IL, just the other side of St. Louis.

jpman7
09-12-2012, 19:32
This was my first match and I had a blast! I can't wait for Sparta. JLM, I'm a member at Pioneer Gun Club and I'm going to approach the exec. board about hosting a match. We have enough space and ranges to host one as large if not larger than Hallsville. I'll see if they have any interest in hosting. I hope they do!

Outdoor Hub mobile

bryandover
09-12-2012, 19:52
KC sure sounds good to me.

cookselk
09-13-2012, 19:25
KC sure sounds good to me.

I'll second that.

Just curious, which versions of the 5 to Glock and the M did they have set up in Hallsville?

G21H30
09-14-2012, 12:25
I'll second that.

Just curious, which versions of the 5 to Glock and the M did they have set up in Hallsville?

I'm up for a KC GSSF match. The 5 to Glock was set up in an echelon to the right from 5 to 25 yds. The M was set up backwards as a W with a single hardset popper in the middle.