Matchmaster 6 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaster 6

ricklee4570
09-10-2012, 05:07
http://olyarms.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v8.tpl&product_id=126&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

What do you all think of this one? I have heard that they do not use any MIM parts and everything is made in house (from the frame and slide to every single part used)

I have yet to find anyone who has said anything negative about them.

Halfhitch
09-10-2012, 06:56
My only experience is with an OA Constable I have. I'm happy with it; very accurate.

faawrenchbndr
09-10-2012, 15:41
Not in this lifetime!

Non standard parts, ugly as my ex-wife! HeJJ no!

bac1023
09-10-2012, 17:25
Hell no

I don't care ffor Olympic Arms model at all.

bac1023
09-10-2012, 17:25
Not in this lifetime!

Non standard parts, ugly as my ex-wife! HeJJ no!

:rofl:

ricklee4570
09-10-2012, 18:59
What "non standard" parts are in these guns? Since posting this, I have yet to hear from someone who owns one that is not happy with it.

ricklee4570
09-10-2012, 19:04
Hell no

I don't care ffor Olympic Arms model at all.

Just curious as to why not? Have you owned one and had bad luck with it?

Rally Vincent
09-10-2012, 22:30
I have to admit, I've never heard anyone who had one say anything bad about the pistol.

FM12
09-28-2012, 16:41
I have the cohort, Love it!! Wish I copuld afford the matchmaster, would have two!!

glock2740
09-28-2012, 19:18
:wow: Where's the damn BIN button!?! :wow:

:rofl:

fnfalman
09-29-2012, 00:59
The Scorpion is badass though. Almost as badass as The Raven. Or the gold plated Thunderbolt.

ca survivor
10-05-2012, 10:01
stay awaaaayyyyyy from that.

ricklee4570
10-05-2012, 11:00
stay awaaaayyyyyy from that.

Have you owned or fired one? Im curious to actually hear from an owner that doesnt like them. So far everyone who has contacted me that has one or had one loved it.

RetailNinja
10-05-2012, 11:50
I would get the springfield armory loaded longslide before I got that. I do not like square trigger guards though.

ricklee4570
10-05-2012, 12:20
It is different, that is for sure. I would not bash a particular product unless I had firsthand experience with it. In this case, everyone who bashes it, has no experience with it.

The gunsmith who builds them is Richard Niemer, a very respected 1911 gunsmith. They make very few, but those that are out there seem to be very good guns (I get this from the people who have them and relayed that information to me.)

fnfalman
10-06-2012, 22:46
It is different, that is for sure. I would not bash a particular product unless I had firsthand experience with it. In this case, everyone who bashes it, has no experience with it.

There's a reason why Safari Arms and now Olympic Arms have zero respect in the shooting world. But hey, don't take our words for it.

The gunsmith who builds them is Richard Niemer, a very respected 1911 gunsmith. They make very few, but those that are out there seem to be very good guns (I get this from the people who have them and relayed that information to me.)

Then buy it.

ricklee4570
10-07-2012, 04:56
My point is that they seem to have zero respect from people who never owned or even shot one. I welcome everones opinion as long as they have first hand knowledge. I find it funny how many people on here repeat what they have heard others say.

These same people speak very highly of RIA pistols though. How do you know these pistols are not as good. They have a lifetime warranty just the same.

faawrenchbndr
10-07-2012, 05:50
My point is that they seem to have zero respect from people who never owned or even shot one. I welcome everones opinion as long as they have first hand knowledge. I find it funny how many people on here repeat what they have heard others say.

These same people speak very highly of RIA pistols though. How do you know these pistols are not as good. They have a lifetime warranty just the same.

Have not owned one, but have shot a Matchmaster 6
Friend has one. Parts are non-standard. Basically they
are not interchangeable with most all other 1911s on the planet.
Olympic Arms as a company has a very spotty, even shady past.
QC is poor. Stainless steel they use is subject to galling badly.
Barrel lock up was fair, barrel bushing was so poorly fitted it
actually rattled in the slide. Trigger was good.

Tony's Matchmaster shot well, until he started to have issues
with failure to feed at around 2k rounds fired. Found the frame rails
& slide galled so badly you could catch a fingernail on the material
on the frame rails.

Overall,......a poor product, poor fitting, with poor QC, made by a poor company.

faawrenchbndr
10-07-2012, 05:55

I do not care for RIA.......a warranty is, and always has been, a
marketing tool to get the consumer to have faith in a company
and but their product. It has NOTHING to do with the QUALITY
of a product!

KIA had a 100k warranty on a eight thousand dollar car when they
first came out. Was a selling point. Then they had to replace
consumers cars because oil filters were not available.

ricklee4570
10-07-2012, 08:51
Have not owned one, but have shot a Matchmaster 6
Friend has one. Parts are non-standard. Basically they
are not interchangeable with most all other 1911s on the planet.
Olympic Arms as a company has a very spotty, even shady past.
QC is poor. Stainless steel they use is subject to galling badly.
Barrel lock up was fair, barrel bushing was so poorly fitted it
actually rattled in the slide. Trigger was good.

Tony's Matchmaster shot well, until he started to have issues
with failure to feed at around 2k rounds fired. Found the frame rails
& slide galled so badly you could catch a fingernail on the material
on the frame rails.

Overall,......a poor product, poor fitting, with poor QC, made by a poor company.

Thank-You Sir! Finally a response from somebody who actually has experience with one.

The only thing that is confusing to me is about the parts being non standard. I was told by a Oly Arms representative that all the internal parts are the same as Colts 1911's. Maybe he was not being totally honest with me?

Thanks for the review.

faawrenchbndr
10-07-2012, 10:34
Internals may have changed. It is very common to have to "fit"
parts in a 1911. In the past, the Oly pistols were SO far off that
standard parts could not be fitted. Sounds like things may have
changed.
If you do get one, remember this.......

-If it slides, GREASE it
-If it rotates, OIL it

I would highly suggest Rig +P stainless steel lube or SlideGlide
for grease & Slip 2000 EWL for oil

ca survivor
10-07-2012, 16:02
Have you owned or fired one? Im curious to actually hear from an owner that doesnt like them. So far everyone who has contacted me that has one or had one loved it.
No, I will not own one or fire one, sorry go and buy it.

ricklee4570
10-08-2012, 02:40
I guess you can never tell what you will get from some of these companies. Another guy on the 1911 forum told me he has 27,000 rounds through his Safari Arms 1911. He claims to have carried it for over 20 years. He likes them.

I will avoid this one though, sounds like the company is a little sketchy.