My daughter Ranger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My daughter Ranger

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 16:40
Got a call today from the doctor that has been trying to diagnose Ranger's stomach issues. She has stomach pain after every meal. She drinks apple juice to help the pain go away, and has a medicine that she puts under her tongue that is suppose to help too.

The doctor had an ultrasound done. They found a growth on her liver. They are going to do more blood tests and an MRI to try to find out what it is. I told her they may be zeroing in on her troubles and what they told me and now she is stressing really bad. She is having anxiety issues.

Also, she was suppose to graduate to a cane after being in a wheel chair for 4 months and on a walker for 7 months, but the cane that another GTer was going to make for her is not going to be available after all. Iím praying for an angel to help with Christmas this year and the main gift we are going to pray for her to receive is a cane.

Prayers and good thoughts are welcome, and would be totally appreciated.

G-19
09-11-2012, 16:48
Prayer sent.

VELO
09-11-2012, 16:53
If this would work...

Amazon.com: CHILD'S PLAY PINK WALKING CANE 30 inch solid wood - from Lorraine's Canes -- Why be boring. When life calls for a cane - Step Out In Style. -- See all our unique canes for kids and adults - click on other products from Lorraines Canes.: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21OG3j8ClRL.@@AMEPARAM@@21OG3j8ClRL

I'll have it sent your way immediately.

glockrod
09-11-2012, 17:13
The story of your daughter.

Also, (I think it was you) that was having problems with your rapist possibly getting out of jail.

If my memory is correct, I wish you all the best with your troubles.

I wish you and your daughter the best.

Rod

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 18:03
If this would work...

Amazon.com: CHILD'S PLAY PINK WALKING CANE 30 inch solid wood - from Lorraine's Canes -- Why be boring. When life calls for a cane - Step Out In Style. -- See all our unique canes for kids and adults - click on other products from Lorraines Canes.: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D0VA9E/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=)

I'll have it sent your way immediately.

She is 17 years old and when we took her to the drugstore to measure what length she would need, it measured at 33.25". The 30" would be too short and would make it difficult for her to walk with it. There is a 36", in RED that is the same price...here is the link...is that possible instead?

Amazon.com: REAL RED WALKING CANE - 36 inch solid wood - from Lorraine's Canes -- Why be boring. When life calls for a cane - Step Out In Style. -- See all our unique canes for kids and adults - click on other products from Lorraines Canes.: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21punjlAdUL.@@AMEPARAM@@21punjlAdUL

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 18:14
The story of your daughter.

Also, (I think it was you) that was having problems with your rapist possibly getting out of jail.

If my memory is correct, I wish you all the best with your troubles.

I wish you and your daughter the best.

Rod

There have been several things about Ranger posted...she woke up over a year ago with her legs not working. They put her in a wheel chair, 4 months later she was in therapy and they got her walking on a walker...then they said she could go to a cane but we haven't been able to get it yet.

Also, she was fondled at 13 years old by a 37 year old man that she thought she could trust...he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, 5000 dollar fine and 2 years probation. I have received 2 emails that he has violated is probation, but they refuse to properly penalize him.

She has had stomach problems since she was small...I mentioned it to doctors all through the years, but this is the first doctor that has attempted to find a reason for it. They have done a colonoscopy, restricted diet, ultrasound, and now they are doing an MRI after finding a growth on her liver with the ultrasound. They are not sure if it is a tumor or what it is.

You are correct about my issue...Blessedly, my rapist was denied parole. 3 more years before he comes before the board again.

Thank you for the good wishes. They are appreciated!

Magnus2131
09-11-2012, 18:26
I see I've got an old 36" very old and worn old cane that might have been my Grandpa's She really needs one measured for her size.

VELO
09-11-2012, 18:26
She is 17 years old and when we took her to the drugstore to measure what length she would need, it measured at 33.25". The 30" would be too short and would make it difficult for her to walk with it. There is a 36", in RED that is the same price...here is the link...is that possible instead?

Amazon.com: REAL RED WALKING CANE - 36 inch solid wood - from Lorraine's Canes -- Why be boring. When life calls for a cane - Step Out In Style. -- See all our unique canes for kids and adults - click on other products from Lorraines Canes.: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/REAL-RED-WALKING-CANE-Lorraines/dp/B003D1CCRM/ref=sr_1_10?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1347408009&sr=1-10)

Of course! I didn't know she was 17. Would she prefer metal over wood? Maybe you guys could poke around online and see if there's something else she would like better. Let me know and I'll make it happen.

kiole
09-11-2012, 18:29
Nova Ortho Med 1070PG Offset Cane- Pink Garden Print, Pink Flowers:Amazon:Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2Bpa9rDpLL.@@AMEPARAM@@41%2Bpa9rDpLL

That one is adjustable and "girly", id be happy to purchase it. Wish i knew about this earlier. Pick any cane off amazon.com and PM your address and ill have it sent.

Gallium
09-11-2012, 18:54
I will keep you and your angel in my thoughts and prayers.

Damn, when it rain, it's a deluge.

syntaxerrorsix
09-11-2012, 18:58
Got a call today from the doctor that has been trying to diagnose Ranger's stomach issues. She has stomach pain after every meal. She drinks apple juice to help the pain go away, and has a medicine that she puts under her tongue that is suppose to help too.

The doctor had an ultrasound done. They found a growth on her liver. They are going to do more blood tests and an MRI to try to find out what it is. I told her they may be zeroing in on her troubles and what they told me and now she is stressing really bad. She is having anxiety issues.

Also, she was suppose to graduate to a cane after being in a wheel chair for 4 months and on a walker for 7 months, but the cane that another GTer was going to make for her is not going to be available after all. Iím praying for an angel to help with Christmas this year and the main gift we are going to pray for her to receive is a cane.

Prayers and good thoughts are welcome, and would be totally appreciated.

I guarantee her a cane and sooner than Christmas. Relative height and weight will help unless you have a particular model in mind. Send a link or required info via PM.

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 19:05
She likes this one. One thing about her condition, she has no balance. She would benefit from having one for each side, but I don't want to appear greedy. If both of you want to get her one, that would be great...if not...then if VELO is willing to get this one, they were the first to offer and it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know...After this, we can take it to PM. Thank you so much!!

Amazon.com: Royal Canes Purple Majesty Folding Adjustable Designer Derby Walking Cane with E: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41k1MZjfa1L.@@AMEPARAM@@41k1MZjfa1L

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 19:07
I will keep you and your angel in my thoughts and prayers.

Damn, when it rain, it's a deluge.

Thank you so much my friend...it will get better, I am prayerful that I will get a job and get back on my feet...hopefully in time for Christmas.

syntaxerrorsix
09-11-2012, 19:07
She likes this one. One thing about her condition, she has no balance. She would benefit from having one for each side, but I don't want to appear greedy. If both of you want to get her one, that would be great...if not...then if VELO is willing to get this one, they were the first to offer and it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know...After this, we can take it to PM. Thank you so much!!

Amazon.com: Royal Canes Purple Majesty Folding Adjustable Designer Derby Walking Cane with E: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Canes-Majesty-Adjustable-Designer/dp/B004KT8AI6/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1347411327&sr=1-4&keywords=canes+and+walking+sticks+adjustable)

Send a shipping address. I'll order now and I'm sure she will have spares.

kiole
09-11-2012, 19:10

Amazon.com: Royal Canes Purple Majesty Folding Adjustable Designer Derby Walking Cane with E: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Canes-Majesty-Adjustable-Designer/dp/B004KT8AI6/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1347411327&sr=1-4&keywords=canes+and+walking+sticks+adjustable)

Id be more the happy to get her one of those if someone wants to get the second one. Just PM your info.

VELO
09-11-2012, 19:13
I'll get one and Syntax can get one and it sounds like you guys will be all set. PM shipping info and it will be on its way!

kiole
09-11-2012, 19:18
I just ordered the one off amazon you listed and had it sent 2day shipping to the address.

syntaxerrorsix
09-11-2012, 19:21
Done and shipped.

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 19:21
PMs sent. Thank you so much!

VELO
09-11-2012, 19:32
Well, heck! I guess I'm out! Syntax and Kyle beat me to it!

Great job folks. That's what community is all about. If there's anything I can help with LadyGlock please let me know.

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 19:35
Well, heck! I guess I'm out! Syntax and Kyle beat me to it!

Great job folks. That's what community is all about. If there's anything I can help with LadyGlock please let me know.

Thank you so much. Prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated for Ranger and for me to have a job before Christmas so I can provide a good holiday for the kids. I have been looking for 2 years now. I'm praying the job market will get better SOON.

Dan_ntx
09-11-2012, 20:24
I had a minor back surgery a couple of years ago and have an aluminum cane that is adjustable...I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'1" and used it after her minor back surgery comfortably... I also may have a height adjustable aluminum walker around here somewhere. If you are interested just PM me an address and I will get them to you.

I wish I had more to offer... And if you have a GT fundraiser shoot me a PM as well.

Never hesitate to ask for a helping hand when you are surrounded by good people and good shooters the caliber of those on GT...you and Ranger are welcome to anything I (and many others here) have to offer.

Dan

DustyJacket
09-11-2012, 20:31
Since I am late on the cane, I'll start working on the job thing......

http://www.dustyjacket.com/BACA/BACAFlag.gif

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 20:32
I had a minor back surgery a couple of years ago and have an aluminum cane that is adjustable...I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'1" and used it after her minor back surgery comfortably... I also may have a height adjustable aluminum walker around here somewhere. If you are interested just PM me an address and I will get them to you.

I wish I had more to offer... And if you have a GT fundraiser shoot me a PM as well.

Never hesitate to ask for a helping hand when you are surrounded by good people and good shooters the caliber of those on GT...you and Ranger are welcome to anything I (and many others here) have to offer.

Dan

We have been blessed with 2 canes for her through this thread. She will be much more comfortable having one for each side until she gets her balance back! Not sure how to have a GT fundraiser...last time I posted something that I was trying to raise money for gas to make it to a job interview, the thread was locked.

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 20:34
Since I am late on the cane, I'll start working on the job thing......

http://www.dustyjacket.com/BACA/BACAFlag.gif

She still needs prayers for the growth on her liver too Dusty...if you wouldn't mind! She is really stressing out, worried about it being cancerous. I told her she is borrowing trouble...and not to worry about it until she was told it's time to worry!

Dan_ntx
09-11-2012, 20:40
Well prayers are easy enough to send... Consider them headed your way.

What part of Georgia and what type of work are you looking at?

Lady Glock
09-11-2012, 20:48
Well prayers are easy enough to send... Consider them headed your way.

What part of Georgia and what type of work are you looking at?

Just outside of Savannah, I am an office professional. Admin Assistant, clerical, receptionist.

Lady Glock
09-19-2012, 08:20
Wonderful news...the canes arrived and she has been using them daily! She is actually getting better at keeping her balance while toting her books to class. I am grateful for the help with that!

She has an MRI scheduled for next Tuesday to find out what the spot on her liver is. Next step is a blood test too. Praying for a GOOD outcome to those tests and that the problem is easily fixable or at least easily managed.

Still looking for work, prayers are appreciated for that too...I really want to be able to provide a decent Christmas for the kids this year, Ranger is planning on moving out soon after her birthday in January, so this will be her last Christmas at home. She will be moving out of state. Blaster is nearly heartbroke...he loves his sister so much, and doesn't know what to do with the idea she is leaving. :(

Paul53
09-19-2012, 12:25
Praying for patient and family.

Jack23
09-19-2012, 13:18
Prayers headed your way from Texas for a turn-a-round in health, luck and fortune for you and your family. God bless.........

Silent_Runner
09-19-2012, 18:09
Prayers sent for Lady Glock and Ranger.

I just ordered the one off amazon you listed and had it sent 2day shipping to the address.

Done and shipped.
God bless you both.

Lady Glock
09-19-2012, 18:42
Thank you all so much.
The prayers are appreciated more than you could ever know...and so is the help with her canes.

Detectorist
09-19-2012, 18:58
You guys are awesome. Sending her the canes is a great gesture.

The only things I can send are positive thoughts and prayers.

ignantmike
09-19-2012, 18:59
i wish you and ranger the best in the coming week's.....

itisbruno
09-19-2012, 20:57
Prayers inbound

Lone_Wolfe
09-19-2012, 21:14
Thank you all so much.
The prayers are appreciated more than you could ever know...and so is the help with her canes.

Damn, how'd I miss this when you first posted it?!?!

That's awesome that Ranger has a pair of canes now. I'm about to get the maple root one originally given to Jeff (23Skidoo), and was going to send it your way, but matched pair is better. I'll just find someone else who needs a single to pass it on to.

You know you're all in my prayers, LG! :hugs:

*ASH*
09-19-2012, 21:23
there is also a cane called a hurri cane , i see it on tv alot . :dunno::dunno:

TheBelly
09-20-2012, 02:03
so, how's it all going?

Lady Glock
09-20-2012, 05:04
so, how's it all going?

She has an MRI scheduled for next Tuesday to find out what the spot on her liver is. Next step is a blood test too. Praying for a GOOD outcome to those tests and that the problem is easily fixable or at least easily managed.

Still looking for work, prayers are appreciated for that too...I really want to be able to provide a decent Christmas for the kids this year, Ranger is planning on moving out soon after her birthday in January, so this will be her last Christmas at home. She will be moving out of state. Blaster is nearly heartbroke...he loves his sister so much, and doesn't know what to do with the idea she is leaving. :(

okie
09-20-2012, 06:57
LG I wish you and your daughter the very best and a speedy recovery:hugs::kiss:

Silent_Runner
09-22-2012, 14:34

Prayers sent. Where is she moving to?

Lady Glock
09-22-2012, 15:26
Prayers sent. Where is she moving to?

Thank you for the prayers!!

She's talking about going back to Oklahoma or going to Indianapolis Indiana. She hasn't fully decided yet, but she plans to move within a couple weeks of turning 18

Silent_Runner
09-22-2012, 15:32
Thank you for the prayers!!

She's talking about going back to Oklahoma or going to Indianapolis Indiana. She hasn't fully decided yet, but she plans to move within a couple weeks of turning 18
Does she have a job lined up? I wish her well whichever she chooses.

Lady Glock
09-22-2012, 16:04
Does she have a job lined up? I wish her well whichever she chooses.

No job yet, but she has somewhere to stay at both places. She will start looking for work after getting there...IF she's back on her feet and able to work by then. I don't know what she'll do if she's still not able to walk for work

Lady Glock
11-06-2012, 09:29
Update...she has had the MRI which didn't show anything...the blood work which rules out cancer...then she had an endoscopic ultrasound (scope down the throat) and that shows that YES, there is a spot on the liver...she could have had it since birth and they will monitor it every 6 months to see if it is growing. They are going to do a test on her gall bladder to see if it is functioning.

Also, I have another interview tomorrow and back surgery next wednesday. They are removing the L5 disc and using rods and pins to fuse my spine. I have stopped at every church in the area for help with gas and there is no help available...so prayers I will be able to make the interview and the appointment for the surgery would be appreciated. God bless my GlockTalk family. LG

bigfug
11-06-2012, 13:09
Oklahoma gets my vote, and if she/you make it this way, okshooters.com is a pretty good community full of helpful folks, many who frequent this board.

Longtooths
11-06-2012, 13:25
Please IM me the town closest to you with a Walmart.

Lady Glock
11-06-2012, 15:09
Oklahoma gets my vote, and if she/you make it this way, okshooters.com is a pretty good community full of helpful folks, many who frequent this board.

I use to frequent that site when I lived just outside Tulsa. They are a good group!

Buki192327
11-06-2012, 17:10
Lady Glock, prayers sent for your whole family. May Ranger be well soon, and may you find a new job very soon. :grouphug:

The folks of GT, are great folks. Ready to help, however they can.

Lady Glock
11-06-2012, 17:18
Lady Glock, prayers sent for your whole family. May Ranger be well soon, and may you find a new job very soon. :grouphug:

The folks of GT, are great folks. Ready to help, however they can.

Thank you so much. I love my GT family and appreciate the prayers and support I receive from them. I'm excited about the interview and just concerned about being able to get there...I'm praying something comes up that will help me get the gas I will need. I appreciate those who are standing with me in prayer for that. God bless, LG

Lone_Wolfe
11-06-2012, 23:14
I'm relieved the spot on her liver is benign, but did they ever find out the cause of her stomach cramps?

Still praying for both of you. :hugs:

Lady Glock
11-07-2012, 04:55
I'm relieved the spot on her liver is benign, but did they ever find out the cause of her stomach cramps?

Still praying for both of you. :hugs:

Thank you Wolfe...No, they haven't found the cause of the cramps yet...they are testing the gall bladder next.

Silent_Runner
11-11-2012, 13:42
Good luck on your new job. Prayers will continue for your daughter.