Bait and Switch [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bait and Switch

Pier23
09-11-2012, 18:04
Gentlefolk;
I have gotten from my LGS three P220s...not out of any great drive, but deals too good and well,.... absolutely fell in love with the Sig P series.

But, I had no 226, so I though idly if the Universe spoke and pointed one my way...

One day it did..there at the LGS was a used P226 - very nice shape, so I put in on lay-away with the cash I had and picked up a few days later.

As the paperwork was being filled out, one of the sales guys said "I hate to tell you this, but we have a consignment 226 in MINT condition...and I know you like Sigs."

Well... I had not yet _signed_ anything, and well...anything is worth looking at.

"Oh, did I mention" the sales guy said, "that anything you put down on lay-away can be applied to another purchase?"

Well...no...that had not been mentioned, as it happened...

Anyway, after much agonizing over the $100 extra (I did get an extra mag, the orig. piece I had considered only had one mag) I came away with this guy here.

Fired it the same day as purchase, and while not better than my cherished P220s, it is certainly a MAJOR contender for most neat and perfectly-fitting .40. In any event, it feels a far and away more natural in my hand than my Glock .40s.

I am quite smitten....

2740dmx
09-11-2012, 19:17
Looks great!
I'm totally back into a Sig groove right now, so please feel free to post range reports, more pics, holster pics, etc! :cool:

bac1023
09-11-2012, 20:20
Congrats! :cool:

Brian Brazier
09-21-2012, 20:04
Congratulations, the Sig P226 and P228 are the only guns I like shooting. 40 with.

ottomatic
09-30-2012, 20:12
Congratulations, the Sig P226 and P228 are the only guns I like shooting. 40 with.

Silly ole me thought the 228 was a 9 only!

Brian Brazier
09-30-2012, 22:42
Actually it does, I never shoot. 40 I dont like it, except in the p229 my buddy has, I ofter say 228 and mean 229, they are so similar I forget there is a difference. How is your p226 running, I have owned both US and German made, and though I perfer the German Sigs the US ones have always been 100% reliable and dead on accurate. I just picked up another CPO p226 through Buds, most of their stock is non railed, fingers crossed mine is a non railed. I perfer non railed gun, but either way $580 is good price. Does any of your Sigs have night sights? I owned a p226 with SRT and night sights, it was one of my favorites, unfortunately I had to sell it, but I really liked the sights especially for HD. I will probably get a set of XS Big Dot sights for my new p226.

Pier23
10-04-2012, 18:32
Actually it does, I never shoot. 40 I dont like it, except in the p229 my buddy has, I ofter say 228 and mean 229, they are so similar I forget there is a difference. How is your p226 running, I have owned both US and German made, and though I perfer the German Sigs the US ones have always been 100% reliable and dead on accurate. I just picked up another CPO p226 through Buds, most of their stock is non railed, fingers crossed mine is a non railed. I perfer non railed gun, but either way $580 is good price. Does any of your Sigs have night sights? I owned a p226 with SRT and night sights, it was one of my favorites, unfortunately I had to sell it, but I really liked the sights especially for HD. I will probably get a set of XS Big Dot sights for my new p226.

Well, all my Sigs are used and the night sights arebpretty well clapped out. I actually ended up getting BOTH 226s, so I am pretty well suited in thw Sig world with 3 220s, 2 226s and a 232.

I need some serious range time with these 226s, for at about the same time a mint XD .45 became available...consignment piece from an LGS salesguy that I had to pick up...

Brian Brazier
10-04-2012, 19:02
I traded in an XD 45 for my newest CPO Sig from Buds, I have to say although I hate polymer guns, the XD 45 was a good shooter, and the recoil wasnt bad, only reason I sold it was because I wanted another p226. My CPO arrives on Tuesday I will post pics when I actually get it home, hopefully also Tuesday, but sometimes I have to wait, eventhough I have my concealed weapons permit.